Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,683 members, 7,809,584 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:39 AM

What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? (18864 Views)

5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience / "You Fornicate After Fasting And Prayer, Church Crusade" - Young Lady Says / RCCG Embarks On A 40-Day Fasting And Prayer From 11th January 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by Nobody: 6:10am On Apr 26, 2020
As we know, fasting and praying is a stronger means of reaching out to God.

I'll go first;
On that day, i
I didn't really plan to fast but I just felt the need to do it. I began on this day and concluded it on the third day.

My experience On the first Day of My Fast: I feared that I might not have strength to stay without food so my first prayer point was about me begging God for a supernatural strength to carry on with the fast.

My Experience On The Second Day;
It was like I was going to die. I felt the need for food badly. I was in my family house then, so I was even more tempted when I saw family members eating but I was able to avoid all that by God's grace

My Experience On The Third/Last Day Of My Fast;
On this day, it was like I had no need for feed at all. My body had suddenly miraculously adapted to going without food. I was the one who just decided to break the fast on that day.

So that's my longest fast for now, a 3 days fasting. I hope to accomplish more.
N.B: You can go about your daily routine as usual even while fasting but the main point is obeying God's word the more and reading his word backed up with prayers at intervals.
Happy Sunday.

Share Your Experiences.

44 Likes

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by helinues: 6:16am On Apr 26, 2020
My longest fasting... Hmmmmmmm

Not fasting at all

Me wey like food pass my life

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by Nobody: 7:23am On Apr 26, 2020
Lalasticlala, kindly move to fp for more responses
Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by Nobody: 7:56am On Apr 26, 2020
The Devil is a very cunny foe, he will attack from one's weaknesd. So when undertaking a fast, make sure to be very wary of food

1 Like

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by Nobody: 8:32am On Apr 26, 2020
Blakewilli:
I'll go first;
On that day, i didn't really plan to fast but i just felt the need to do it. I begun on this day and concluded it on the third day.
My experience On the first Day of My Fast: I feared that i might not have strength to stay without food so my first prayer point was about me begging God for a supernatural strength to carry on with the fast.
It was like i was going to die. I felt the need for food badly. I was in my family house then, so i was even more tempted when i saw family members eating but i was able to avoid all that by God's grace
On this day, it was like i had no need for feed at all. My body had suddenly miraculously adapted to going without food . I was the one who just decided to break the fast on that day.
N.B: You can go about your daily routine as usual even while fasting but the main point is obeying God's word the more and reading his word backed up with prayers at intervals.
Happy Sunday.
Share Your Experiences .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by Nobody: 10:20am On Apr 26, 2020
Singing praises to God is also efficient in reaching an energized point.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by Nobody: 7:35am On May 03, 2020
Prayer points for fasting and prayer;
I believe and declare that I am a born again Child of God. I am born again through the living Word of God that lasts forever. Ref.: 1 Peter 1:23

All my sins are forgiven and washed by the Blood of Jesus. I am redeemed according to the riches of God's grace. Ref.: Ephesians 1:7

I am in Christ, therefore I am a new creature. My past is forgotten, the old things are gone and everything is new. Ref.: 2 Corinthians 5:17

God has rescued me from the power of darkness and He brought me into Jesus' Kingdom. Ref.: Colossians 1:13

My flesh is crucified with Christ. I am not the one living now, but Christ is living in me. I live by faith in Christ, the Son of God. Ref.: Galatians 2:20

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by Depot(m): 9:06am On May 03, 2020
3 days dry fasting given to me by a pastor. It wasn't easy though but I completed it. After the fasting, I visited a priest and shared my fasting experience with him. Guess what, he was mad at me. He warned me never to engage in such fasting again. That whoever adviced me to embark on 3 days dry fasting is wicked and evil. He asked me what if I develop a serious illness on the process. I learnt from it. Since then, I can't fast more than 12 hours without food. I love Catholic priest, they don't deceive people like some half baked pastors do.

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by helinues: 9:06am On May 03, 2020
grin
Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by donnie(m): 9:06am On May 03, 2020
3 days straight, no food no water.
I was part of a fast which lasted from Thursday to Saturday.

The most difficult time of the fast was after the first day, from around 1-2am. Later that morning, I tried not to slip and fall in the hotel bathroom where we lodged. grin But you know, when spirits are united together in a cause, there is strength to persevere. By day 2 it was a lot easier.

And then there were several looooong prayer sessions, speakers, workshops etc.

This wasn't my first long fast. I had fasted 2 days straight, all by myself. I want to a certain Catholic monastery to pray all by myself. There was no problem o. I just sensed some events and changes that would occur in the near future that needed to be handled in prayer.

I recall one foolish man in the room I lodged was trying to form fake Prophecy for me grin SMH.
He probably thought I had committed a crime somewhere and came to hide or pray to avert trouble. grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by Abaman001(m): 9:06am On May 03, 2020
6-1 for 3dayz
Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by ForeThinker: 9:06am On May 03, 2020
....Here to READ LIES...

shocked cool undecided undecided

No Hard feelings grin ❤️

Happy Sunday y'all ♥️

STAY Safe ❤️

1 Like

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by adewumiopeyemi(m): 9:07am On May 03, 2020
Ok just 6 days
Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by Nobody: 9:07am On May 03, 2020
Christ has fasted for me for 40 days and nights..

No need to do so again as his fasting made us whole.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by radamy: 9:07am On May 03, 2020
don't forget to share with friends n family
Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by Nobody: 9:07am On May 03, 2020
Fasting or not who go make am go make am
Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by omoadeleye(m): 9:07am On May 03, 2020
Mean, make we no see wahala wey go big pass us... I dey eat no oo

1 Like

7hrs

1 Like

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by peropoliet(m): 9:07am On May 03, 2020
Blakewilli:

I'll go first;
On that day, i
I didn't really plan to fast but I just felt the need to do it. I began on this day and concluded it on the third day.

My experience On the first Day of My Fast: I feared that I might not have strength to stay without food so my first prayer point was about me begging God for a supernatural strength to carry on with the fast.

It was like I was going to die. I felt the need for food badly. I was in my family house then, so I was even more tempted when I saw family members eating but I was able to avoid all that by God's grace

On this day, it was like I had no need for feed at all. My body had suddenly miraculously adapted to going without food. I was the one who just decided to break the fast on that day.

Happy Sunday.

Share Your Experiences.
I believe you have been there before
Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by merryossai(m): 9:08am On May 03, 2020
If you have never fasted or only done 12 hours of fasting gather here.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by Goldenheart(m): 9:08am On May 03, 2020
Good Question
Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by IlovePMB: 9:08am On May 03, 2020
Blakewilli:

I'll go first;
On that day, i

Happy Sunday.

Share Your Experiences.

Do tell us what you achieved with it.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by GreatResearcher1: 9:09am On May 03, 2020
Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by peropoliet(m): 9:09am On May 03, 2020
Once did 3 days straight no food but God has helped me with 1 month and some days 6_6
Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by chinoify: 9:10am On May 03, 2020
I have done so many and still doing at different times but what helped was this book written by Franklin Jentezen *Fasting*..
The 3 most difficult I could remember are.. Let me share and encourage someone that fasting and prayers still works..

1. 21 days of no food, only water. I fasted and prayed about my future and the 20th day, God revealed to me my assignment here on earth. I have not lacked or missed a step ever since.

2. 200+ days of normal 6 -6 fasting, My wife was pregnant of our second baby and had different complications day after day. Two of us are Medical Lab scientist and had to agree that its becoming spiritual.... WHen i began fasting, her condition almost became normal. That night during labour, she drove to the clinic where she works, and acording to her story, she delivered in less the 10 mins of entering the hospital and left the hospital after an hour. People where like madam.. you can't drive.. rada rada... until a friend drove her home. I came back to her after 4days from my place of work.

3. 90+ days of normal 6 -6. I applied for YOUWIN grant during GEJ's regime. The total amount i applied for was #9.2M. I started fasting and praying until i was called to Aso rock, awarded the best Business plan from North East and a cash of 500k from First bank and also given the exact amount i wrote #9.2M in batches to expand my business.

Iam a fan of fasting and prayer works and its still working.

127 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by Nobody: 9:10am On May 03, 2020
Just imagine.
Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by Nobody: 9:10am On May 03, 2020
I have fasted for two days without food and water.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by GreatResearcher1: 9:10am On May 03, 2020
Blakewilli:

I'll go first;
On that day, i

Happy Sunday.

Share Your Experiences.

Good morning my christian brothers and sisters. Please I need answers to the following questions.
my questions would be taken from the book of Genesis.

Genesis. 3:14 So the Lord God said to the serpent:
"Because you have done this,
You are cursed more than all cattle,
And more than every beast of the field;
On your belly you shall go,
And you shall eat dust
All the days of your life".

Questions:
1. Snake feed on rodents and not dust. Why?
2. Earthworm go on belly. Why? Because earthworm never offended God.
3. If it was Satan who passed through a snake to deceived Eve, why is snake punished to go on belly and eat dust instead of Satan?
Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by Hazlett1988: 9:10am On May 03, 2020
I wanted to fast the next day so I took 6 bottles of beer that night before 12am ooo,Omo wen I wake up to pray and start fasting them no tell me before I rush enter kitchen go make idomie,sorry no be me kill Jesus

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by Vasgas: 9:10am On May 03, 2020
14 days by God grace. My intense desire kept me going. And also The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. James 5:16

5 Likes

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by Nobody: 9:11am On May 03, 2020
I have fasted for two days without food and water.

The reason for the fasting, was to draw Gods attention, so that he will help me gain admission into the university.

After staying at home, for three years, fetching water, drinking Tea and eating Egusi soup, I summoned courage to do that fasting.

6 Likes

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by bankole200(m): 9:11am On May 03, 2020
Mine is 3 days. If am to start the fast, let's say tommorow, I will eat less today and drink more of water, so that my body can easily adapt as the fasting goes by. However, I always ask God to strengthen me before, during and even after the fasting.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Don’t Nigerian Pastors Preach Contentment? *picture* / Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion / Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.