Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,751 members, 7,820,588 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

38 FRSC Traffic Offences & Their Penalties - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 38 FRSC Traffic Offences & Their Penalties (24400 Views)

Lagos Govt Introduces TMS Devices To Tackle Gridlock And Traffic Offences / Lagos State New Traffic Offences And Fines / Traffic Offences In Nigeria And Penalties By FRSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 38 FRSC Traffic Offences & Their Penalties by babasolo(m): 1:22pm On Mar 05, 2018
kalufelix:

Haha... Tell FRSC You Wanna Pay For One Year.

As them useless reach they will gladly oblige...
Re: 38 FRSC Traffic Offences & Their Penalties by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:22pm On Mar 05, 2018
Compare this to those LASTMA and VIO thieves, where one mooron was claiming I had to pay N20,000 for not wearing seat belt. The Lagos state government are some pretty twisted, fucckked up people.
Re: 38 FRSC Traffic Offences & Their Penalties by Bustincole(m): 1:27pm On Mar 05, 2018
i trust my Naija pple

wit just 1k everytin will be settled
Re: 38 FRSC Traffic Offences & Their Penalties by Nobody: 1:34pm On Mar 05, 2018
AutoJoshNIG:
If caught violating a traffic rule and you wish to wave your right to a court trial, the alternative is to pay the prescribed fine for the particular offence.

In line with our vision to engender an enlightened society with emphasis on the automotive sector, Autojosh presents a list of FRSC traffic offences together with their corresponding penalties.

The offences and their corresponding fines are as listed below:

1. TRAFFIC LIGHT/SIGN VIOLATION

Penalty:         N2,000

2. ROAD OBSTRUCTION

Penalty:        N3,000

3. ROUTE VIOLATION

Penalty:         N5,000

4. DRIVER'S LICENCE VIOLATION

Penalty:         N10,000

5. DANGEROUS DRIVING

Penalty:         N50,000

6. SPEED LIMIT VIOLATION

Penalty:         N3,000

7. VEHICLE LICENCE VIOLATION

Penalty:         N3,000

8. DRIVING UNDER ALCOHOL OR DRUG INFLUENCE

9. DRIVING WITH WORN-OUT TYRE OR WITHOUT SPARE TYRE

10. DRIVING WITHOUT OR WITH SHATTERED WINDSCREEN

11. OVERLOADING

12. DRIVING WITHOUT SEAT BELT

Penalty:         N2, 000

13. DRIVING A VEHICLE WITH FORGED DOCUMENTS

Penalty:         N20,000

14. FAILURE TO REPORT AN ACCIDENT

Penalty:         N20,000

15. VEHICLE NUMBER PLATE VIOLATION

16. WRONGFUL OVERTAKING

17.  ROAD MARKING VIOLATION

Penalty:         N5,000

18.  CAUTION SIGN VIOLATION

Penalty:         N3,000

19.  USE OF PHONE WHILE DRIVING

Penalty:        N4,000

20. UNAUTHORIZED REMOVAL OF OR TAMPERING WITH ROAD SIGNS

21.  DO NOT MOVE VIOLATION

22.  INADEQUATE CONSTRUCTION WARNING

23.  CONSTRUCTION AREA SPEED LIMIT VIOLATION

24.  FAILURE TO MOVE OVER

25.  FAILURE TO COVER UNSTABLE MATERIALS

26.   ATTEMPTING TO CORRUPT MARSHAL

27.  EXCESSIVE SMOKE EMISSION

28.  FAILURE TO FIX RED FLAG ON PROJECTED LOAD

29.  MEDICAL PERSONNEL OR HOSPITAL REJECTION OF ROAD ACCIDENT VICTIM

30.  ASSAULTING MARSHAL ON DUTY

31.  OBSTRUCTING MARSHAL ON DUTY

Penalty:         N2,000

32.  CUSTODY FEE

Penalty:         N200 per day after 24 hours

33.  DRIVING WITHOUT SPECIFIED FIRE EXTINGUISHER

34.  DRIVING A COMMERCIAL VEHICLE WITHOUT PASSENGER MANIFEST

35.  DRIVING A VEHICLE WHILE UNDER 18 YEARS

36. RIDING MOTORCYCLE WITHOUT A CRASH HELMET

37.  MECHANICALLY DEFICIENT VEHICLE

38.  FAILURE TO INSTALL SPEED LIMITING DEVICE

Penalty:         N3,000

Note: ALL Fines are paid into the Federal Government Revenue Account in any of the commercial Banks or online using “Remita” platform accessible through www.remita.net.

On the remita.net website, select “Pay FG Agency; Select FRSC under MDAs; select “Offences” to pay for fines. Complete the other mandatory fields as applicable.

Take the teller / printout to the FRSC office where the booking was made.

https://autojosh.com/road-offences-penalties-frsc/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

Very, very good..
What about "FAILURE TO FIX BAD ROADS" What is the penalty please?
Peace..!!!!!!
Re: 38 FRSC Traffic Offences & Their Penalties by abbatoir(m): 1:47pm On Mar 05, 2018
Noted...
Re: 38 FRSC Traffic Offences & Their Penalties by successking401(m): 1:49pm On Mar 05, 2018
AutoJoshNIG:
If caught violating a traffic rule and you wish to wave your right to a court trial, the alternative is to pay the prescribed fine for the particular offence.

In line with our vision to engender an enlightened society with emphasis on the automotive sector, Autojosh presents a list of FRSC traffic offences together with their corresponding penalties.

The offences and their corresponding fines are as listed below:

1. TRAFFIC LIGHT/SIGN VIOLATION

2. ROAD OBSTRUCTION

Penalty:        N3,000

3. ROUTE VIOLATION

4. DRIVER'S LICENCE VIOLATION

5. DANGEROUS DRIVING

6. SPEED LIMIT VIOLATION

7. VEHICLE LICENCE VIOLATION

Penalty:         N3,000

8. DRIVING UNDER ALCOHOL OR DRUG INFLUENCE

9. DRIVING WITH WORN-OUT TYRE OR WITHOUT SPARE TYRE

10. DRIVING WITHOUT OR WITH SHATTERED WINDSCREEN

11. OVERLOADING

12. DRIVING WITHOUT SEAT BELT

Penalty:         N2, 000

13. DRIVING A VEHICLE WITH FORGED DOCUMENTS

Penalty:         N20,000

14. FAILURE TO REPORT AN ACCIDENT

Penalty:         N20,000

15. VEHICLE NUMBER PLATE VIOLATION

16. WRONGFUL OVERTAKING

17.  ROAD MARKING VIOLATION

Penalty:         N5,000

18.  CAUTION SIGN VIOLATION

19.  USE OF PHONE WHILE DRIVING

Penalty:        N4,000

20. UNAUTHORIZED REMOVAL OF OR TAMPERING WITH ROAD SIGNS

21.  DO NOT MOVE VIOLATION

22.  INADEQUATE CONSTRUCTION WARNING

23.  CONSTRUCTION AREA SPEED LIMIT VIOLATION

24.  FAILURE TO MOVE OVER

25.  FAILURE TO COVER UNSTABLE MATERIALS

26.   ATTEMPTING TO CORRUPT MARSHAL

27.  EXCESSIVE SMOKE EMISSION

28.  FAILURE TO FIX RED FLAG ON PROJECTED LOAD

29.  MEDICAL PERSONNEL OR HOSPITAL REJECTION OF ROAD ACCIDENT VICTIM

30.  ASSAULTING MARSHAL ON DUTY

31.  OBSTRUCTING MARSHAL ON DUTY

Penalty:         N2,000

32.  CUSTODY FEE

Penalty:         N200 per day after 24 hours

33.  DRIVING WITHOUT SPECIFIED FIRE EXTINGUISHER

34.  DRIVING A COMMERCIAL VEHICLE WITHOUT PASSENGER MANIFEST

35.  DRIVING A VEHICLE WHILE UNDER 18 YEARS

36. RIDING MOTORCYCLE WITHOUT A CRASH HELMET

37.  MECHANICALLY DEFICIENT VEHICLE

38.  FAILURE TO INSTALL SPEED LIMITING DEVICE

Penalty:         N3,000

Note: ALL Fines are paid into the Federal Government Revenue Account in any of the commercial Banks or online using “Remita” platform accessible through www.remita.net.

On the remita.net website, select “Pay FG Agency; Select FRSC under MDAs; select “Offences” to pay for fines. Complete the other mandatory fields as applicable.

Take the teller / printout to the FRSC office where the booking was made.

https://autojosh.com/road-offences-penalties-frsc/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

1 Like

Re: 38 FRSC Traffic Offences & Their Penalties by apoloki(m): 1:52pm On Mar 05, 2018
What about setting of road block on high way without corresponding road signs for motorist? This cntributes to a lot of accidents on our high ways.
Re: 38 FRSC Traffic Offences & Their Penalties by skeleboty: 1:55pm On Mar 05, 2018
All this fines with bad roads everywhere
Re: 38 FRSC Traffic Offences & Their Penalties by metroid(m): 2:00pm On Mar 05, 2018
u3man:
And six months in jail... That's if the judge likes you. That one is silent. Plus all medical charges!

grin
Re: 38 FRSC Traffic Offences & Their Penalties by Nobody: 2:06pm On Mar 05, 2018
metroid:
30. ASSAULTING MARSHAL ON DUTY

Penalty: N10,000

So I can beat FRSC Marshall and only pay 10k grin
Lol...
don't forget he can charge you to court for Assualt
Re: 38 FRSC Traffic Offences & Their Penalties by Image123(m): 2:07pm On Mar 05, 2018
What is FAILURE TO REPORT AN ACCIDENT?
Re: 38 FRSC Traffic Offences & Their Penalties by Faski00(m): 2:10pm On Mar 05, 2018
pls why do they fine someone because of shattered windscreen? No be me dey drive i dey see my thing
Re: 38 FRSC Traffic Offences & Their Penalties by metroid(m): 2:28pm On Mar 05, 2018
theAccountant:

Lol...
don't forget he can charge you to caught for Assualt

grin
Re: 38 FRSC Traffic Offences & Their Penalties by Nobody: 3:14pm On Mar 05, 2018
davillian:
Failure to send buhari to daura 2019 4yrs imprisonment .
Re: 38 FRSC Traffic Offences & Their Penalties by sanerugwei: 3:37pm On Mar 05, 2018
Imagine you beat the traffic light and LASTMA caught you. While trying to negotiate and you begging them, the VIO arrived and said its their responsibility to prosecute you and then, a police constable arrived the scene with his hunter gun, trying to bully everyone and claim the catch(you). While that was going on FRSC arrived and said everyone should hands off that they will handled the offence.
In the ensuing melee, you just entered into your car and drove off without any of the arguing agents noticing. You go give testimony abi? This is not a joke, I saw it live...

1 Like

Re: 38 FRSC Traffic Offences & Their Penalties by somehow: 3:59pm On Mar 05, 2018
Na criminal offence which is attempted murder if he didn't die or murder if he dies. You won't see the light of day again so don't try it o.
pamdaniel:
Crushing a Marshal who blocks my road is same as assualting a Marshal or violating a marshal abi? Any way the fine is not much! All the marshals wey go block my road... I got your 10k fine. Don't worry block on dear marshal
Re: 38 FRSC Traffic Offences & Their Penalties by Psoul(m): 4:23pm On Mar 05, 2018
ican2020:
No 22 get k leg

No K-leg noticed. May be you did not understand it.

If a construction is going on and the company fail to give enough sign to warn road users about the construction to avoid road mishap, such company will be liable to pay that fine.
Re: 38 FRSC Traffic Offences & Their Penalties by ebereokey(m): 4:34pm On Mar 05, 2018
Story story....Story
Re: 38 FRSC Traffic Offences & Their Penalties by ArcGibson(m): 4:54pm On Mar 05, 2018
kalufelix:
So Blocking A Major Road For Owambe Costs Only N3000?

Atleast it's better than to rent a hall of almost 500 thousand for 3 to 4 hrs programme. Just block road for 3 to 4 hrs of the program and pay 3000 fine
Re: 38 FRSC Traffic Offences & Their Penalties by NemzySeries(m): 5:06pm On Mar 05, 2018
pheesayor:
How about driving without drivers license?
10k....
Re: 38 FRSC Traffic Offences & Their Penalties by NemzySeries(m): 5:08pm On Mar 05, 2018
wellmax:
Some of these penalties appear outdated. Seen a more recent list. Make I go find am.

*edited*

List is correct. Thanks OP
oga no joke Õoº°˚ ˚°ºoo......im jst coming frm d bank after dey caught me Saturday morning
Re: 38 FRSC Traffic Offences & Their Penalties by sirusX(m): 5:40pm On Mar 05, 2018
Na to dey pack money stone them as you break law

No time for story...abeg!
Re: 38 FRSC Traffic Offences & Their Penalties by Greatzeus(m): 6:00pm On Mar 05, 2018
stacyadams:
Useless country
Can Dj cubby call Nigeria useless? No
Why? Because her dad hustle and made sure of that. You think Nigeria is useless because your parents failed in their responsibility, leaving you dejected, frustrated and bitter at your existence,idiot.
Wait, Nigeria is useless,yet you and you vagabond family live in Nigeria,does it mean you are all useless

Re: 38 FRSC Traffic Offences & Their Penalties by BABANGBALI: 8:00pm On Mar 05, 2018
metroid:
30. ASSAULTING MARSHAL ON DUTY

Penalty: N10,000

So I can beat FRSC Marshall and only pay 10k grin
yes now,I beated tree last week and I paid thirty thousand naira
Re: 38 FRSC Traffic Offences & Their Penalties by stacyadams: 8:43pm On Mar 05, 2018
Greatzeus:

Can Dj cubby call Nigeria useless? No
Why? Because her dad hustle and made sure of that. You think Nigeria is useless because your parents failed in their responsibility, leaving you dejected, frustrated and bitter at your existence,idiot.
Wait, Nigeria is useless,yet you and you vagabond family live in Nigeria,does it mean you are all useless
grin grin grin grin ur a result of a wasted sperm...
Re: 38 FRSC Traffic Offences & Their Penalties by metroid(m): 9:02pm On Mar 05, 2018
BABANGBALI:
yes now,I beated tree last week and I paid thirty thousand naira

grin
Re: 38 FRSC Traffic Offences & Their Penalties by Greatzeus(m): 9:05pm On Mar 05, 2018
stacyadams:
grin grin grin grin ur a result of a wasted sperm...
Guy,be sincere now,check your comment and mine,and see who is a wasted sperm. I just spoilt your week bro,threw you the punch line of the day cool
Besides I don't think Nigeria is useless,I go out and come in bigger everyday, using every opportunity to build something great for my kids, hopefully they will live a better life than DJ Cuppy cool while you sit on your broke mannerless ass blaming the government for your weak erection and brown set of teeth lol ah ah ah grin grin grin

Re: 38 FRSC Traffic Offences & Their Penalties by stacyadams: 9:18pm On Mar 05, 2018
Greatzeus:

Guy,be sincere now,check your comment and mine,and see who is a wasted sperm. I just spoilt your week bro,threw you the punch line of the day cool
Besides I don't think Nigeria is useless,I go out and come in bigger everyday, using every opportunity to build something great for my kids, hopefully they will live a better life than DJ Cuppy cool while you sit on your broke mannerless ass blaming the government for your weak erection and brown set of teeth lol ah ah ah grin grin grin
grin grin u be dick head
Re: 38 FRSC Traffic Offences & Their Penalties by bekpo(m): 10:08pm On Mar 05, 2018
These r all illegal charges: in Nigeria, we operate adversarial system of dispute resolution. Again, our constitution further guarantees d rights to fair hearing. U must hear d other side. The offender (suspects) must b given d opportunity to b heard. The constitution presumes the offender innocent until the prosecution proves otherwise before a competent court of record. Not giving d offender an opportunity to be heard is a serious violation of his right to fair hearing.
Here in Nogeria, we r always in a hurry to pay any amount demanded without asking complaining and or asking questions.
Re: 38 FRSC Traffic Offences & Their Penalties by gbolio4(m): 7:03am On Mar 06, 2018
Is this list current as at March 2018?
Re: 38 FRSC Traffic Offences & Their Penalties by saxyminia: 11:47am On Mar 29, 2018
is it a crime too to use expired tires
Re: 38 FRSC Traffic Offences & Their Penalties by tushqueen(f): 11:57am On May 18, 2018
No 33, please which is the specified fire extinguisher

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Avoid Buying A Foreign But Stolen Car In Nigeria / SON Certifies Innoson Vehicles, Issues MANCAP Certificate / Are People Still Buying Cars In This Economy With The Current Fuel Price Hike?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.