Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,839 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:48 PM

6 Nigerians Whose Names Are In Guinness World Record - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 6 Nigerians Whose Names Are In Guinness World Record (88809 Views)

“My Name Is” Or “My Names Are” Which Is Correct? / “my Name Is” Or “my Names Are” Which Is Correct? / Six Nigerians Whose Names Are In Guiness World Record (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Nigerians Whose Names Are In Guinness World Record by IME1: 12:17am On Mar 06, 2018
Ok oh hailing to them.
Make i no talk.
Re: 6 Nigerians Whose Names Are In Guinness World Record by ohem007(m): 12:23am On Mar 06, 2018
What o....

Oga poster what about pinkie debbie.....
Re: 6 Nigerians Whose Names Are In Guinness World Record by hokafor(m): 12:34am On Mar 06, 2018
Buhari name is missing. The only president that didn't no when he was born.
Re: 6 Nigerians Whose Names Are In Guinness World Record by MurphyTheory99(m): 12:47am On Mar 06, 2018
Can't see Gandoki longest hour stand up comedy that beat the previous one.
Re: 6 Nigerians Whose Names Are In Guinness World Record by BiggyBamBam: 3:01am On Mar 06, 2018
No scientific achievement?
Rubbish!!!!
Re: 6 Nigerians Whose Names Are In Guinness World Record by Teacher1776(m): 4:14am On Mar 06, 2018
Jarus:
The first Nigerian to enter the GWR, David Dafinone, missing.
Even the Akwa Ibom state singers is conspicuously missing from the list.
Op has not done enough research.
Re: 6 Nigerians Whose Names Are In Guinness World Record by Konze70: 5:13am On Mar 06, 2018
No Aboki
Re: 6 Nigerians Whose Names Are In Guinness World Record by Chochovini: 7:02am On Mar 06, 2018
oloriooko:
You will never find any aboki name in this kind of thing. grin
Exactly what I wanted to point out. Chai... U are just a second ahead of me on this comment.
They hold the record for highest terrorism and violence, not only in Nigeria but the www.
Re: 6 Nigerians Whose Names Are In Guinness World Record by Masterclass32: 7:23am On Mar 06, 2018
Didn't see Bubu on the list.

The only person that has ruled an entire country with his Body Language.

That is a record.
Re: 6 Nigerians Whose Names Are In Guinness World Record by zicoto(m): 7:32am On Mar 06, 2018
madridguy:
Them and them naaaa tongue the two fighting people of NL tongue

All I can see here are three Nigerians and three Biafrans Period

1 Like

Re: 6 Nigerians Whose Names Are In Guinness World Record by seyiseyi11: 7:39am On Mar 06, 2018
Mornin pls how can I post on nairaland.i have some thins to sshare with the house and I need advice on it.pls can anybody help me
Re: 6 Nigerians Whose Names Are In Guinness World Record by Nobody: 7:45am On Mar 06, 2018
The list is not complete. David Dafinone and his 5 children broke the record for most chartered accountants in a family.
Re: 6 Nigerians Whose Names Are In Guinness World Record by ariesbull: 7:51am On Mar 06, 2018
Igbos taking the chunk
Re: 6 Nigerians Whose Names Are In Guinness World Record by bamoski(m): 7:54am On Mar 06, 2018
madridguy:
How can I make Millions In Network Marketing?

You nor well angry
Re: 6 Nigerians Whose Names Are In Guinness World Record by madridguy(m): 7:55am On Mar 06, 2018
Go hospital.

bamoski:

You nor well angry
Re: 6 Nigerians Whose Names Are In Guinness World Record by bamoski(m): 7:59am On Mar 06, 2018
barallanee:
Honestly dem try,I no fit..dis is wonderful..

You're a good lashing material kiss
Re: 6 Nigerians Whose Names Are In Guinness World Record by bamoski(m): 8:00am On Mar 06, 2018
madridguy:
Go hospital.

Na you need am pass
Re: 6 Nigerians Whose Names Are In Guinness World Record by Ojemedad: 8:13am On Mar 06, 2018
sodiksan:
Meet 6 Nigerians Who’s Names Are On Guinness World Record

So far, at least 6 Nigerians have been able to add their names to the all famous Guinness Book of World Record with the latest addition being Olawunmi Treasures Bayode;

1. Olawunmi Treasures Bayode

The 40-year old father of three began reading at 1:30 PM on Monday, February 26, 2018, and has set a record of 150hours, a total of 5 days beating Nepali Deepak Sharma’s record of 113 hours 15 minutes in 2008. Bayode set the record at exactly 3:30 on Saturday, March 3, 2018, at the YouRead/Herbert Macaulay library, Yaba.

Read also Nigerian Reads Aloud For Over 5 Days Straight, Bids For Guinness World Record

2. Kafayat Shafau

Kafayat Shafau is popularly known as Kaffy. She broke the world record in longest dance with a time of 52 hours and 3 minutes in 2006.
She did this with her team, Imagneto, at the Nokia Silverbird Danceathon. The renowned fitness and dance instructor, Kaffy has her own dance school. The 36-year-old has now been married for four years with two children.

3. Chidera Anemege

Popularly known as Chiddy of Chiddy Bang, rapped his way into the Guinness book of records in 2011. He is the current holder of the longest rap freestyle by an individual.
He set the record at the MTV O Music Awards in Las Vegas, the U.S.A. Chiddy freestyled for 9 hrs, 18 mins and 22 secs. He even had to keep rapping while using the toilet twice, to set the record.

4. Obi Ajuonuma

Obi Ajuonuma is popularly known as DJ Obi, he broke the world record for the longest ever DJ set. He started on 22nd of June and continued until 11.30pm on 2nd July, 2016.
Thereby completing a 240-hour marathon on the decks at a Lagos cafe, smashing the previous record of 200 hours set in Dublin by a Polish DJ called Norbert Selmaj in November 2014.
He reportedly set the record in honour of his father, Levi Ajuonuma, who was a TV producer, before dying in the Dana aeroplane crash of 2012. His record is yet to be ratified.

5. Harrison Chinedu
A Nigerian footballer, Harrison Chinedu has walked his way into the Guinness book of records, for something strange. He broke the previous record for the ‘farthest distance walked with a ball on the head’.
He walked a total distance of 48.04 kilometres in 6 hours, 15 minutes on the 6th of March, 2016 to beat the record formerly held by Indian soldier Naib Singh who walked a total distance of 45.64km in his country in 2014.

6. Adetunwase Adenle

Adetunwase Adenle is reportedly the only Nigeria citizen who has four Guinness world records to his name. The class room teacher and artist holds the record in different categories. He holds the record of the biggest painting that has been painted by the largest number of people and this painting is as big as a football field. It measures about 63.5m (208 ft 3.99 in) x 49.3 m (161 ft 8.94 in) and it was painted by 350 volunteers and this painting represents the map of Nigeria.

Other times Nigeria’s name got on the world record book was for the biggest football jersey in the world. And when 300,000 students from the 600 public secondary schools in Lagos brushed their teeth simultaneously at different locations to defeat India who had set the previous tooth brushing record and put Nigeria on the map.
Op what about the Senator Dafinone family of delta state who holds work record in the highest number of chartered accountant?
Re: 6 Nigerians Whose Names Are In Guinness World Record by EMFF: 8:52am On Mar 06, 2018
madridguy:
How can I make Millions In Network Marketing?

chat me on watsap 08082721687, let me show you
Re: 6 Nigerians Whose Names Are In Guinness World Record by liljaydee(m): 8:59am On Mar 06, 2018
how about that Pinkie Debbie girl.... her name is not there , or she didnt break the record ?
Re: 6 Nigerians Whose Names Are In Guinness World Record by Rockyrascal(m): 9:19am On Mar 06, 2018
What of Prof imafidon "the Oxford don" whom all his daughter's wrote and passed a particular entrance examination in the UK at a young age and were tagged the most intelligent family in the world.

1 Like

Re: 6 Nigerians Whose Names Are In Guinness World Record by Balobest(m): 9:23am On Mar 06, 2018
madridguy:
Them and them naaaa tongue the two fighting people of NL tongue

This is one of the reasons why I run away from Nairaland, because subconsciously it has affected my mind to always see things from a tribalistic point of view and this is killing the morality of we the youths that are supposed to come together to make Nigeria great. I strongly hope Seun and other MODS can find something to do about this because this is directly or indirectly affecting the future of us all.
My little kobo. cry cry cry
Re: 6 Nigerians Whose Names Are In Guinness World Record by DEBJOCH1(m): 9:39am On Mar 06, 2018
No winner no loser, is a go go game. The Afonjas no comment from you people this time oooo.
Re: 6 Nigerians Whose Names Are In Guinness World Record by Thundeh(m): 9:47am On Mar 06, 2018
MONITZ:
How about Fela who reportedly booked a space in the Guinness Book when he supposedly married twenty seven of his dancers on the same day ? The list ain't complete at all without the foregoing m..
Even Femi Kuti name was missing. On 15 May 2017 Femi Anikulapo Kuti broke the Guinness world record of a single note held on a sax in a method called Circular breathing. He set the records at 51 min 35 seconds. Ask Wikipedia or simply Google.
Re: 6 Nigerians Whose Names Are In Guinness World Record by Nobody: 10:05am On Mar 06, 2018
God bless Nigeria, in the midst of all the bad news, killings and terrorism, we still find our fellow brothers and sisters hell bent on making our name and image great again, credit to them all.

1 Like

Re: 6 Nigerians Whose Names Are In Guinness World Record by Nobody: 11:50am On Mar 06, 2018
sodiksan:

Which one is 3 - 3

NCAN
Re: 6 Nigerians Whose Names Are In Guinness World Record by barallanee(f): 2:56pm On Mar 06, 2018
bamoski:

You're a good lashing material kiss
wats lashing
Re: 6 Nigerians Whose Names Are In Guinness World Record by Austin234(m): 3:11pm On Mar 06, 2018
I hope there is monetary value to all these Guinness World Record stuff. Other wise na nonsense
Re: 6 Nigerians Whose Names Are In Guinness World Record by bamoski(m): 4:38pm On Mar 06, 2018
barallanee:
wats lashing

Good passionate sex smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

JAMB 2013 Result Checker - How To Check / Esut: Post Ume Result Check And Admission, URGENT PLEASE !!! / UTME 2017: Thread For Science Jambites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.