Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,407 members, 7,836,638 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

Why 'the Shape Of Water' Won Best Picture (and Other Speculation) In The Oscars - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why 'the Shape Of Water' Won Best Picture (and Other Speculation) In The Oscars (438 Views)

See What Whites Are Saying About Tem's Recent Dress To The Oscars / Tems Slammed For Her "Rude" View-Blocking Dress At The Oscars (video) / Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why 'the Shape Of Water' Won Best Picture (and Other Speculation) In The Oscars by salau01(m): 5:50am On Mar 06, 2018
For more visit: http://dergipark.gov.tr/bilgesci/issue/32353/338527
Follow at https://www.instagram.com/salau01/
Last year's 89th Oscars ended in chaos and confusion, making it the talk of the world. Conversely, Sunday night's 90th Oscars — which was hosted, directed, produced and even stage managed by the exact same people — went about as smoothly as the Academy could have hoped, but it, too, deserves its own chapter in the history books.

This was an Oscars ceremony that had a lot going for it. Humor and charm (Jimmy Kimmel is the Bob Hope of his generation, and this year, as best I can recall, President Donald Trump's name never came up). Memorable presenters (it was lovely to see Golden Age legends like Eva Marie Saint and Rita Moreno receive standing ovations, and surreal to see Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway present best picture again). Diverse and popular winners (I had never seen a standing ovation for a cinematographer until Roger Deakins' first win on his 14th nomination, or a quicker standing ovation than the one accorded Jordan Peele's best original screenplay win or any standing ovation during a commercial break until Guillermo del Toro returned to his seat with his best director Oscar). And truly special moments (including Kimmel and friends' trip across Hollywood Boulevard to thank the moviegoing public, and the performances of the five impressive best original song nominees, one of which featured 10 people who "stood up for something"wink.

Sure, some of the montages and presenters were a bit random, but overall, the show played really well.

(1) (Reply)

Jeff Bezos Becomes World's First Centi-billionaire, See List / Bbnaija2018: “I Can’t See Without My Lashes” – Cee-c / Tobi Accuses Cee-c Of Grabbing His P!nis Under The Duvet & She Denies It (videos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.