Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,178 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:15 AM

Nanny Strangles Two Year Old To Death In Ibadan - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nanny Strangles Two Year Old To Death In Ibadan (1457 Views)

House Maid Beat Young Child To Near Death In Uganda (video) / Illness Causes 20-year-old To Look-like A Toddler / 70-yr-old Man Insists On Marrying 12-yr-old To Boost Wealth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nanny Strangles Two Year Old To Death In Ibadan by rickie4us(m): 5:26pm On Apr 28, 2010
A nanny strangled a two year old boy to death in Ibadan with a towel about 2 weeks ago in Ibadan. This happened in Ologuneru, Eleyele area of Ibadan. The mother who works with starcomms has been distraught ever since. The husband is also a banker with Eco Bank. I don't want to be more specific by mentioning their names.
I think if one is left with only two choices - nanny or daycare, the day care is still preferable since you can never tell what happens when you leave your child alone with a nanny at home.
Re: Nanny Strangles Two Year Old To Death In Ibadan by candylips(m): 5:27pm On Apr 28, 2010
shocking shocked
Re: Nanny Strangles Two Year Old To Death In Ibadan by dominique(f): 6:13pm On Apr 28, 2010
so so sad sad
whatever the parent(s) may have done to offend her, she had to take it out on a poor defenseless baby. may she know no peace for the remainder of her life.
Re: Nanny Strangles Two Year Old To Death In Ibadan by nikinash(f): 1:38pm On Apr 29, 2010
but why, why are people so wicked? there was one that happened here in Lagos last year where the househelp and driver cut off the head of a little boy in their care for ritual purposes. Come and see crowd at the police station that day. May God continue to protect us, especially our little ones.
Re: Nanny Strangles Two Year Old To Death In Ibadan by jimrite: 4:29pm On Apr 29, 2010
nikinash:

but why, why are people so wicked? there was one that happened here in Lagos last year where the househelp and driver cut off the head of a little boy in their care for ritual purposes. Come and see crowd at the police station that day. May God continue to protect us, especially our little ones.
Amen o, so sad.That is why i can't leave my boy under any daycare or nanny.
Re: Nanny Strangles Two Year Old To Death In Ibadan by Lovemee(f): 4:33pm On Apr 29, 2010
Oh! my God. shocked
Re: Nanny Strangles Two Year Old To Death In Ibadan by ifyalways(f): 5:24pm On Apr 29, 2010
so what happened to the murderer?left to roam free and possibly kill more undecided
Re: Nanny Strangles Two Year Old To Death In Ibadan by princesobo: 7:09pm On Apr 29, 2010
We know that death is unpredictable life disorganizing. in a case where is demise from earth should not be something commemorating about. we are all humans that will surface for death but each every one need to count his or her own date of death simultaneously. we can grant her the best of her holy hood when she was alive. peace and intellectual death linage should she see in her rest.
Re: Nanny Strangles Two Year Old To Death In Ibadan by Sissy3(f): 4:21am On Apr 30, 2010
rickie4us:

A nanny strangled a two year old boy to death in Ibadan with a towel about 2 weeks ago in Ibadan. This happened in Ologuneru, Eleyele area of Ibadan. The mother who works with starcomms has been distraught ever since. The husband is also a banker with Eco Bank. I don't want to be more specific by mentioning their names.
I think if one is left with only two choices - nanny or daycare, the day care is still preferable since you can never tell what happens when you leave your child alone with a nanny at home.

how so? are you going to stay in the childcare center with them?
Re: Nanny Strangles Two Year Old To Death In Ibadan by Nobody: 4:52am On Apr 30, 2010
Sad! I will never ever hire a nanny (am not saying this cos of this) I do not trust people that easily so I wouldn't feel
comfortable leaving my children with someone I don't know so well. I'd only ever leave them with close and trusted family
members.
Re: Nanny Strangles Two Year Old To Death In Ibadan by rickie4us(m): 6:23am On Apr 30, 2010
~Sissy~:

how so? are you going to stay in the childcare center with them?

definitely not. I won't stay in the childcare center with them. but then, there are a few childcare centers out there with a good reputation and since they are organizations, chances that they will harm your child are less. We only pray that we don't fall into the wrong hands.

However, the need to be extra careful in the handling of our kids by other hands must be emphasized. The couple in question lost their only child in the hands of this nanny. When the incident occurred, the baby let out a loud yell that attracted the neighbors. The nanny tried to run away but she was apprehended.

Some people have already resorted to having hidden cameras in their houses that will take note of what their child/children handlers are doing in their absence. MTN even has one of such facilities. But then, not every one can afford this. Also, we have some infrastructural deficiencies here like Power that may hamper the effective use of such devices
Re: Nanny Strangles Two Year Old To Death In Ibadan by Nobody: 9:20am On Apr 30, 2010
Re: Nanny Strangles Two Year Old To Death In Ibadan by malaika(f): 10:25am On Apr 30, 2010
::
Re: Nanny Strangles Two Year Old To Death In Ibadan by mamagee3(f): 11:45pm On Apr 30, 2010
Jesus Christ Of Nazareth!

What a mean beast!

By the way, Do Baby-Sitters exist in Nigeria?
Re: Nanny Strangles Two Year Old To Death In Ibadan by Sissy3(f): 11:55pm On Apr 30, 2010
mama-gee:

Jesus Christ Of Nazareth!

What a mean beast!

By the way, Do Baby-Sitters exist in Nigeria?

yes and some baby sitters are maids too
Re: Nanny Strangles Two Year Old To Death In Ibadan by mamagee3(f): 8:27pm On May 01, 2010
^^Well, they don't get paid. . .so, they are technically not baby sitters.

They Can be referred to as slaves or something not a babysitter.
Re: Nanny Strangles Two Year Old To Death In Ibadan by Sissy3(f): 1:12am On May 05, 2010
mama-gee:

^^Well, they don't get paid. . .so, they are technically not baby sitters.

They Can be referred to as slaves or something not a babysitter.

who told you all babysitter gets paid?
Re: Nanny Strangles Two Year Old To Death In Ibadan by araba1(m): 1:52pm On May 05, 2010
so so sad
whatever the parent(s) may have done to offend her, she had to take it out on a poor defenseless baby. may she know no peace for the remainder of her life.

amen ooooooooooooooooooooooooo. i pray that the nanny will remain barren forever innocent child.poor mother
Re: Nanny Strangles Two Year Old To Death In Ibadan by coalcoal1(m): 1:56pm On Aug 23, 2013
What a sad story.

(1) (Reply)

Is It Right To Let Your Spouse Know How Much You Earn / UNBELIEVABLE: Baby Girl Born 10 Weeks Pregnant With Twins.. / Please Read Carefully And Give Your Opinion Without Sentiments.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.