Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,701 members, 7,809,664 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:43 PM

Second Baby From A Uterus Transplant Born In The U.S.(Photos) - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Second Baby From A Uterus Transplant Born In The U.S.(Photos) (22199 Views)

Police Rescue A Day-Old Baby From A Sewage Tank In Gowon Estate, Lagos / Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents / Baby With 4 Hands And 3 Legs Born In Zaria, Kaduna (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Second Baby From A Uterus Transplant Born In The U.S.(Photos) by bettercreature(m): 9:36am On Mar 07, 2018
Achillesdam500:

Hey yo e-idiot drop this shit
He is wrong to have dragged God into this issue but he is not an idiot.
Science is greater anytime immaginable power
Re: Second Baby From A Uterus Transplant Born In The U.S.(Photos) by IamEmem(m): 9:46am On Mar 07, 2018
God gives knowledge to those who seek knowledge.
Kudos to the scientist.
@ the poster who query the legitimate mother....she who produced the egg is the mother.
Just like every other transplanted organ, the womb was transplanted to the egg producing mother.

1 Like

Re: Second Baby From A Uterus Transplant Born In The U.S.(Photos) by tofolo(m): 10:02am On Mar 07, 2018
JAMB question bros... cool
MJBOLT:
who is the real mother of the baby? undecided the one that donate or the one that gave birth?
Re: Second Baby From A Uterus Transplant Born In The U.S.(Photos) by Ogbenimax(m): 10:03am On Mar 07, 2018
That's not true, because in 2013 there was a Russian scientist named Povandolakoviviscov kintayionshinkov Why did you skip the name? I will not complete the story
Re: Second Baby From A Uterus Transplant Born In The U.S.(Photos) by translux(m): 10:04am On Mar 07, 2018
pamcode:
The way Medicine is going we might Just be able to raise the dead.

NOBODY CAN RAISE THE DEAD NO MATTER THE LEVEL OF TECHNOLOGY
Re: Second Baby From A Uterus Transplant Born In The U.S.(Photos) by Lilimax(f): 10:06am On Mar 07, 2018
UncleSnr:
Oya Christians and other religitards, come and thank God on her behalf.
We thank God for giving the scientists the breakthrough, for allowing the woman to carry the pregnancy to term
and for delivering the baby successful smiley
May God's name be praised. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Second Baby From A Uterus Transplant Born In The U.S.(Photos) by Nobody: 10:12am On Mar 07, 2018
Amazing.
Re: Second Baby From A Uterus Transplant Born In The U.S.(Photos) by lee818(f): 10:21am On Mar 07, 2018
Lilimax:

We thank God for giving the scientists the breakthrough, for allowing the woman to carry the pregnancy to term
and for delivering the baby successful smiley
May God's name be praised. smiley

Amen!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Second Baby From A Uterus Transplant Born In The U.S.(Photos) by danyaril2yahoo: 10:21am On Mar 07, 2018
This is a Miracle,it has proved so called science wrong.
Explorers:
Doctors have delivered the second American baby born to a woman following a uterus transplant from aliving donor.

The little girl was born via cesarean section weighing 6lbs 7oz, with no complications, at Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas, Texas, medics confirmed today.

The mother, who has not been identified, was born without a uterus due to a syndrome called Mayer-Rokitansky-Küster-Hauser (MRKH), meaning she always thought pregnancy and childbirth were not anoption for her.

However, that changed when she became one of the eight women selected to receive a womb from a donor, six living, two deceased as part of Baylor's ground breaking endeavor in 2016.

While four suffered complications that led to their removal, this is the second to prove a resounding success.

Some women are born with a syndrome known as MRKH (Mayer-Rokitansky-Kuster-Hauser), which means their womb never developed properly.

Others lose their wombs to cervical cancer.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-5469019/Second-baby-uterus-transplant-born-Texas.html
Re: Second Baby From A Uterus Transplant Born In The U.S.(Photos) by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 10:23am On Mar 07, 2018
Re: Second Baby From A Uterus Transplant Born In The U.S.(Photos) by Angelou(m): 10:29am On Mar 07, 2018
MJBOLT:
who is the real mother of the baby? undecided the one that donate or the one that gave birth?
actually... the real mother is the one who received the uterus transplant, remember she still has functioning ovaries from which eggs are collected, fertilized, and then frozen till they are needed

1 Like

Re: Second Baby From A Uterus Transplant Born In The U.S.(Photos) by pembisco(m): 10:31am On Mar 07, 2018
UncleSnr:
Yes we'll thank God on her behalf because out of many that got uterine transplant, she's one of the two that were successful.

1 Like

Re: Second Baby From A Uterus Transplant Born In The U.S.(Photos) by Emmytes(m): 10:41am On Mar 07, 2018
pembisco:

Yes we'll thank God on her behalf because out of many that got uterine transplant, she's one of the two that were successful.

Lame ass

So what happened to the other two, does your God have anything against them?

Why did he help one woman and abandoned the other two? undecided
Re: Second Baby From A Uterus Transplant Born In The U.S.(Photos) by Originalsly: 10:44am On Mar 07, 2018
Hmmm...sounds great. ..but let us hear about the baby again 10 years later and how normal it is. ... let us hear about the mother.... did she had to be on drugs to prevent her body from rejecting the implanted uterus?
Re: Second Baby From A Uterus Transplant Born In The U.S.(Photos) by eyinjuege: 11:06am On Mar 07, 2018
Originalsly:
Hmmm...sounds great. ..but let us hear about the baby again 10 years later and how normal it is. ... let us hear about the mother.... did she had to be on drugs to prevent her body from rejecting the implanted uterus?

The plan is to remove the uterus once she has completed her reproductive cycle i.e after 2 or so babies. That means she wont have to be on those drugs for life

1 Like

Re: Second Baby From A Uterus Transplant Born In The U.S.(Photos) by lastmaster(m): 11:26am On Mar 07, 2018
passyhansome:
FOURTHED cheesy
fifthed
Re: Second Baby From A Uterus Transplant Born In The U.S.(Photos) by Achadu76: 11:30am On Mar 07, 2018
PSTEMMA1960:
THIRDED..

Fourthed
Re: Second Baby From A Uterus Transplant Born In The U.S.(Photos) by sirgalahad26(m): 11:32am On Mar 07, 2018
another milestone reached for humanity

1 Like

Re: Second Baby From A Uterus Transplant Born In The U.S.(Photos) by 3kay945(m): 12:01pm On Mar 07, 2018
Ogbenimax:
That's not true, because in 2013 there was a Russian scientist named Povandolakoviviscov kintayionshinkov Why did you skip the name? I will not complete the story

Actually am not sure you're okay! cool
Re: Second Baby From A Uterus Transplant Born In The U.S.(Photos) by shallysgirl: 12:22pm On Mar 07, 2018
UncleSnr:
We thank God, because he gave the wisdom to man. He also made the transplant, gestation and everything a success.
Re: Second Baby From A Uterus Transplant Born In The U.S.(Photos) by PSTEMMA1960(m): 12:59pm On Mar 07, 2018
passyhansome:
FOURTHED cheesy
grin
passyhansome:
FOURTHED cheesy
Re: Second Baby From A Uterus Transplant Born In The U.S.(Photos) by PSTEMMA1960(m): 1:00pm On Mar 07, 2018
grin
Achadu76:

Fourthed
angry
Achadu76:

Fourthed
Re: Second Baby From A Uterus Transplant Born In The U.S.(Photos) by UncleSnr(m): 1:12pm On Mar 07, 2018
Emac34:
werey grin
grin

They won't disappoint.
Re: Second Baby From A Uterus Transplant Born In The U.S.(Photos) by unanonso(m): 1:31pm On Mar 07, 2018
purem:
I swear I don't even understand anything I read about this news

Anyways oyinbos are greater than God if there's God

Psalms 53:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God...

1 Like

Re: Second Baby From A Uterus Transplant Born In The U.S.(Photos) by pembisco(m): 2:14pm On Mar 07, 2018
Emmytes:

Lame ass

So what happened to the other two, does your God have anything against them?

Why did he help one woman and abandoned the other two? undecided
Always in a hurry to attack Christians when we obviously don't care about you atheist. I have no time for your type. Nobody questions why you don't believe in God, so let those that believe in God be please.
Re: Second Baby From A Uterus Transplant Born In The U.S.(Photos) by Emmytes(m): 2:48pm On Mar 07, 2018
pembisco:

Always in a hurry to attack Christians when we obviously don't care about you atheist. I have no time for your type. Nobody questions why you don't believe in God, so let those that believe in God be please.

My problem is not your belief in your imaginary God but your ignorance in crediting every occurrence to him. If it works in your Favour, then it's Gods benevolence but if it doesn't then it's his will and his ways are not the ways of man; we shouldn't question him. Can't you see your delusion?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Second Baby From A Uterus Transplant Born In The U.S.(Photos) by Emmytes(m): 2:50pm On Mar 07, 2018
shallysgirl:
We thank God, because he gave the wisdom to man. He also made the transplant, gestation and everything a success.

What about the other two women? Why didn't he make theirs a success ?

Oh don't bother, God works in mysterious ways, his ways are not like the ways of men. wink
Re: Second Baby From A Uterus Transplant Born In The U.S.(Photos) by Ebube88: 2:54pm On Mar 07, 2018
Wow! Kudos to Dr Frenoz, my sis had a bbaby boy same hospital last year december!
Re: Second Baby From A Uterus Transplant Born In The U.S.(Photos) by newslifeop: 3:39pm On Mar 07, 2018
Good
Re: Second Baby From A Uterus Transplant Born In The U.S.(Photos) by Nobody: 10:24pm On Mar 07, 2018
purem:
I swear I don't even understand anything I read about this news

Anyways oyinbos are greater than God if there's God

#BiggestFoolOnNairialandSpoted #You! #CursedDog

Re: Second Baby From A Uterus Transplant Born In The U.S.(Photos) by tk4rd: 8:51am On Mar 09, 2018
Ogbenimax:
After Buhari, this guy above is another main problem in we are facing Nigeria.
Imagine him keeping us hanging here for nothing.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Story Of The Magical Antimalarial Chinese Medicine – Ginghaosu (Artemisinin) / 10 Health Benefits Of Okro / 10 Fascinating Facts About Flatulence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.