Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,296 members, 7,811,887 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:18 PM

EFCC Has Absolute Powers To Arrest Anybody – Osinbajo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Has Absolute Powers To Arrest Anybody – Osinbajo (10530 Views)

EFCC Has Arrested Uyiekpen Giwa-Osagie, Atiku's Lawyer — Reno Omokri / You’ve No Powers To Try Me At CCT - Onnoghen Tells Federal Government / How Much The EFCC Has Recovered From Whistleblowing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Has Absolute Powers To Arrest Anybody – Osinbajo by Ghostmode2two(m): 10:50am On Mar 07, 2018
A pastor that is deviating from the truth and reality. I wait to see Amaechi and Tinubu in EFCC's net

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Has Absolute Powers To Arrest Anybody – Osinbajo by Carlyboi(m): 10:52am On Mar 07, 2018
abeg make una park Well!Who cares!efcc has always been a tool for the political persecution of opponents from the days of obasanjo that the agency was formed!we know better Oga can you just keep quiet!efcc ko icpc ni!uselesss that its only achievement is in running after yahooboys like dem Sars

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Has Absolute Powers To Arrest Anybody – Osinbajo by bejeria101(m): 10:59am On Mar 07, 2018
This commissioner just dey fall hand! EFCC is for financial crimes against the state,persons or biz! Let magu go and capture shekau that wore hijab and escaped the army! Awon oponu iranu.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Has Absolute Powers To Arrest Anybody – Osinbajo by Paperwhite(m): 10:59am On Mar 07, 2018
Lloydfather:
Am saving this comments for future reference when one short man will cry witch hunt If the same EFCC is used by the future Government to arrest him.
I'm also with you on this sir.Foolish VP.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Has Absolute Powers To Arrest Anybody – Osinbajo by reciprokal: 11:01am On Mar 07, 2018
Islie:

https://newtelegraphonline.com/2018/03/efcc-absolute-powers-arrest-anybody-osinbajo/

Ah, Osinbanjo is a disgrace to Christianity.

What part of the constitution says it's up to the DSS to submit its report on Magi before he removed?

The position of the law is that if a candidate fails screening exercise with the senate, he cannot be confirmed. There's nothing DSS has to do here.

Osinbanjo speaks of independent institutions while in the same breath disobeys and vilify the senate.

And he expects Nigerians to believe the presidency doesn't single out individuals for EFCC to target angry

When Facebook management has issued official statement of Buhari asking for the details of private Nigerian citizens to arrest!!!

From top to bottom, the lying syndrome has infected everyone in APC.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Has Absolute Powers To Arrest Anybody – Osinbajo by chronique(m): 11:05am On Mar 07, 2018
Lol. I feel sorry for the thousands of rccg idiots who voted for buhari simply because osibanjo was his running mate. In a nation where citizens allow their sense of judgement to be clouded by religious sentiments, this is what you'd get.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Has Absolute Powers To Arrest Anybody – Osinbajo by debolayinka(m): 11:07am On Mar 07, 2018
Except APC members.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Has Absolute Powers To Arrest Anybody – Osinbajo by sanpipita(m): 11:12am On Mar 07, 2018
Thought they said this man is a professor of law, what kind of goof is this, why is he talking like efcc is a law enforcement agency rather than an anti financial crime agency.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Has Absolute Powers To Arrest Anybody – Osinbajo by Tunks2017(m): 11:14am On Mar 07, 2018
Really
What about A. Diezani, patience J, B Saraki, Ibb, G Daniels & co
Aren't they criminal looters too? angry

Re: EFCC Has Absolute Powers To Arrest Anybody – Osinbajo by DEUNSTOPPABLE(m): 11:17am On Mar 07, 2018
YOU ARE SLIGHTLY MAD

slightlyMad:
This yemi osinbajo is a disgrace to the yoruba race.
see fulani killings and he could not do anything or even resign in protest?

shame, big shame on you and your church you used in scamming us.
Re: EFCC Has Absolute Powers To Arrest Anybody – Osinbajo by akiOYIBO: 11:51am On Mar 07, 2018
EFCC and FBI in comparism. Short Yoruba fool exhibiting his natural Yoruba endowment. If Buhari does not interfere with the agency who ordered for the illegal detention of Dasuki? Have u forgotten that first presidential media chat? Diabolical dwarf liar.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Has Absolute Powers To Arrest Anybody – Osinbajo by Wantam: 11:55am On Mar 07, 2018
Any body?
Re: EFCC Has Absolute Powers To Arrest Anybody – Osinbajo by MonPro: 12:02pm On Mar 07, 2018
ivandragon:
I am shocked that a professor of law would use the word 'absolute' in a democracy.

absolute & democracy do not fit in the same sentence (except as it relates to tyranny of the majority which is no longer democracy) & no democracy can be absolute in its operations, systems & structure.

even the freedoms enshrined in the constitution are not absolute. even the constitution itself is not absolute as it is influenced by international politics/relations.

I hope the VP is not stylishly telling Nigerians that we have entered an era of 'tyranny of the majority' which always invariably leads to tyranny of a few...

yoruba professorships usually have an 'oluwole' angle, if you beam your searchlight very well.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Has Absolute Powers To Arrest Anybody – Osinbajo by kenodrill: 12:02pm On Mar 07, 2018
Absolute power corrupts absolutely! In a democratic dispensation like hers the word "absolute" is a threat to democracy.prof abeg easy with words

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Has Absolute Powers To Arrest Anybody – Osinbajo by RexTramadol1: 12:11pm On Mar 07, 2018
Except APC members

VP go siddon or berra still face front.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Has Absolute Powers To Arrest Anybody – Osinbajo by lollarj(f): 1:01pm On Mar 07, 2018
Alhaji Osinbajo has spoken.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Has Absolute Powers To Arrest Anybody – Osinbajo by ivandragon: 1:29pm On Mar 07, 2018
MonPro:

yoruba professorship is usually has an 'oluwole' angle. If you beam your searchlight very well.

lol...

funny, but please let's not dwell on tribal issues.

successes & failures abide in all tribes.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Has Absolute Powers To Arrest Anybody – Osinbajo by Nobody: 1:30pm On Mar 07, 2018
The person that wrote the headline just needed to attract attention. He said the EFCC has the 'absolute RIGHT to perform their duties which may involve investigations and arrest WITHOUT INTERFERENCE OF THE EXECUTIVE ARM' which is perfectly reasonable. He then went ahead to compare the EFCC to the FBI, which is a federal, but independent agency responsible for investigation of crimes. In the US, you can't see Trump saying, "I think this guy is corrupt. Let the FBI go after him". Instead, the FBI investigates whoever it deems it fit too. At the very worst, you can only issue recommendations. And to me, everything he said was completely reasonable.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Has Absolute Powers To Arrest Anybody – Osinbajo by ivandragon: 1:38pm On Mar 07, 2018
MonPro:

yoruba professorships usually have an 'oluwole' angle, if you beam your searchlight very well.

funny, but please let's not dwell on tribal issues.

successes & failures abide in all tribes.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Has Absolute Powers To Arrest Anybody – Osinbajo by ivandragon: 1:46pm On Mar 07, 2018
AnonyNymous:
The person that wrote the headline just needed to attract attention. He said the EFCC has the 'absolute RIGHT to perform their duties which may involve investigations and arrest WITHOUT INTERFERENCE OF THE EXECUTIVE ARM' which is perfectly reasonable. He then went ahead to compare the EFCC to the FBI, which is a federal, but independent agency responsible for investigation of crimes. In the US, you can't see Trump saying, "I think this guy is corrupt. Let the FBI go after him". Instead, the FBI investigates whoever it deems it fit too. At the very worst, you can only issue recommendations. And to me, everything he said was completely reasonable.

with all due respect, what you have pointed out is just a play on words.

in a democracy, there are no 'absolutes'. absolute equates to an act/action that cannot be checked or questioned.

for instance, it is enshrined in the constitution that Nigerians have a right to freedom of movement (within Nigeria). but is that RIGHT absolute in the sense that I can walk into Aso Rock anytime I feel like?

or it absolute in the sense that someone can just enter your fenced residential compound & move around at will?

please, let's not dig a hole we might be unable to come out from... in democracy, there are no absolutes please...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Has Absolute Powers To Arrest Anybody – Osinbajo by Nobody: 1:52pm On Mar 07, 2018
ivandragon:

with all due respect, what you have pointed out is just a play on words.

in a democracy, there are no 'absolutes'. absolute equates to an act/action that cannot be checked or questioned.

for instance, it is enshrined in the constitution that Nigerians have a right to freedom of movement (within Nigeria). but is that RIGHT absolute in the sense that I can walk into Aso Rock anytime I feel like?

or it absolute in the sense that someone can just enter your fenced residential compound & move around at will?

please, let's not dig a hole we might be unable to come out from... in democracy, there are no absolutes please...
I get what you mean. 'Absolute' was a wrong word choice. But from the rest of the writeup, you could understand his point, which, I still think was very reasonable. I guess he needs a better media team to construct his speeches better.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Has Absolute Powers To Arrest Anybody – Osinbajo by ivandragon: 1:59pm On Mar 07, 2018
AnonyNymous:

I get what you mean. 'Absolute' was a wrong word choice. But from the rest of the writeup, you could understand his point, which, I still think was very reasonable. I guess he needs a better media team to construct his speeches better.

well... if you put it that way...

but sometimes, the most ruthless intentions are hidden behind the most reasonable comments...
Re: EFCC Has Absolute Powers To Arrest Anybody – Osinbajo by positivethought: 2:11pm On Mar 07, 2018
The same security report by the DSS has been used in the past to disqualify so many people but I guess with buhari/apc it's a different standard,but shouldn't magu have defended himself before the Senate who has the confirming power?,magu diffending himself before buhari is just a case of the executive been judges in their own case,i'm surprised that osibanjo a supposed professor of law is taking these stands on issues,it will appear that himself,his father buhari and the apc are now telling us that the executive is most righteous and therefore can and should lord it over the other arms of government without qualms in a democracy!!,one moment he is preaching emulating best practices in another moment he is ironically supporting acts of illegality,although this is not completely surprising as deceit is the trademark of the APC,but we all have to note that the law is not made to please people but to protect the interest of all and set standards and orderliness,even if we are not please with the law it has to be respected until it is changed or abolished,osibanjo/buhari and their cheer leaders should think of the very bad and dangerous precedent they are setting today but they will not be there forever.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Has Absolute Powers To Arrest Anybody – Osinbajo by whoawa(m): 2:19pm On Mar 07, 2018
Whenever the name osibanjo comes up, the picture of a drunkard comes to my mind. Please someone should help me, or is it happening to another person?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Has Absolute Powers To Arrest Anybody – Osinbajo by winj3: 4:28pm On Mar 07, 2018
including Mamman Daura and Abba Kyari?

shut up jare yoruba molue-looking-boy-boy VP

1 Like

Re: EFCC Has Absolute Powers To Arrest Anybody – Osinbajo by petenweke: 7:19pm On Mar 07, 2018
How can this man lie so much? Even more than Adesina and the king himself, Lai Mohamad. Okay tell me Mr VeePee can they arrest you? .. you see where am coming from? Can they arrest Buhari? Just say EFCC can arrest anyone VeePee and Buhari tells them to arrest

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Don’t Believe That Leah Sharibu Is Dead - Shehu Sani / Security: Enugu State Set To Complete 76 Police Mobile Force Squadron Facility / Video: Billionaire Olu Okeowo Son Shows His Friends Around Their Lagos Castle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.