Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,372 members, 7,829,959 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

Help With Stage Fright - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help With Stage Fright (344 Views)

I've Been Diagnosed With Stage 4 Colon Cancer / Cure Pile Permanently With Stage-a Herbal Tea / Treat Urinary Tract Infections Fast With Stage A Herbal Tea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help With Stage Fright by Rucksinger: 8:45am On Mar 07, 2018
Please is there a medical practitioner one can see about stage fright? Been battling with this all my life and I need professional assistance.
Thanks.
Re: Help With Stage Fright by MissRaine69(f): 2:23pm On Mar 07, 2018
Rucksinger:
Please is there a medical practitioner one can see about stage fright? Been battling with this all my life and I need professional assistance.
Thanks.
Stage fright/perfomance anxiety is a actually a phobia and as you know (I hope) in order to over come a phobia one must understand the root cause. Medication might offer some symptomatic relief but it does not address the core issue. The best approach is psychological.
When did this start? I do note you put “ all your life” but there has to be a trigger as is the case with phobias.

The only way to overcome stage fright is to first understand why it happens and how to slowly train yourself by gradual exposure to what it is you fera the most. There is no short cut. It’s difficult to go into detain on a forum but
Could you take a look at this?
https://blog.bufferapp.com/what-happens-to-our-brains-when-we-have-stage-fright-the-science-of-public-speaking

Have a read and then ask questions as it’s hard to formulate anything when there is so little information.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ovulation/conception / Motion Sickness And How To Handle It. / What Is The Most Brutal Death?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.