Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,114 members, 7,953,412 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:47 PM

Mario Balotelli Shames Toni Iwobi, Italy's First Black Senator - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mario Balotelli Shames Toni Iwobi, Italy's First Black Senator (42004 Views)

Mario Balotelli Kicks Ball Into Crowd, Walks Off Pitch After Racist Abuse(photos / Mario Balotelli Pays Bar Owner ₦811k To Drive Scooter Into Sea Wearing Only Pant / Mario Balotelli Scores Bicycle Kick, Gets Phone & Records Celebration Live. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mario Balotelli Shames Toni Iwobi, Italy's First Black Senator by smallJagaban: 4:31pm On Mar 07, 2018
Italian footballer Mario Balotelli has attacked the country's first black senator in an online post.

Toni Iwobi was elected on Sunday for the anti-immigration Lega party.

"Maybe I'm blind or perhaps they have not told him yet that he is black. But shame!!!" the footballer posted on Instagram.

Born in northern Nigeria, Mr Iwobi came to Italy in 1976 and became a councillor for Lega (the League) in tthe Lombardy city of Spirano in 1995.

The Italy striker, who plays for French Ligue 1 side Nice, put his post on Instagram on Tuesday.

Accompanying the text was a photo of Mr Iwobi and League leader Matteo Salvini, both raising clenched fists and wearing T-shirts saying "Stop Invasion" at an anti-immigration rally.

While there have been black members of Italy's lower house, the Chamber of Deputies, the 62-year-old Toni Iwobi is the first black senator.

In a Facebook post celebrating his election, Mr Iwobi thanked Mr Salvini, who he called "a great leader".

'Friends, it is with great emotion that I inform you that I was elected senator of the Republic! After over 25 years of battles in the great family of the league, it is about to start another great adventure! My thanks go to Matteo Salvini, a great leader who led the league to become the first centre-Centre force of the country! I have to thank then my National Secretary Paolo Grimoldi, my now former provincial secretary and new Congressman Daniele Belotti, the whole team of the department for work done over these years, the great league militants and all facebook friends for their support . I can't forget my family, without them I wouldn't have come here today because they never stopped supporting me and being close to me!
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'm ready, friends!'

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-europe-43315686

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mario Balotelli Shames Toni Iwobi, Italy's First Black Senator by Blakjewelry(m): 4:44pm On Mar 07, 2018
For anti immigration? Comon mehn

4 Likes

Re: Mario Balotelli Shames Toni Iwobi, Italy's First Black Senator by hornyofife: 4:51pm On Mar 07, 2018
Ok

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mario Balotelli Shames Toni Iwobi, Italy's First Black Senator by InfernoNig: 4:56pm On Mar 07, 2018
We even hate ourselves. Na wa. Black mehn mentality

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mario Balotelli Shames Toni Iwobi, Italy's First Black Senator by Nutase: 7:15pm On Mar 07, 2018
Re: Mario Balotelli Shames Toni Iwobi, Italy's First Black Senator by IamFisherman(m): 11:50am On Mar 08, 2018
My boy
Re: Mario Balotelli Shames Toni Iwobi, Italy's First Black Senator by Goodnuel: 11:51am On Mar 08, 2018
I no even understand sef

angry angry angry

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mario Balotelli Shames Toni Iwobi, Italy's First Black Senator by Sirpaul(m): 11:51am On Mar 08, 2018
na wa ooooooooooo
Re: Mario Balotelli Shames Toni Iwobi, Italy's First Black Senator by Doilooklikeicare(m): 11:51am On Mar 08, 2018
Dis one still dey play?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mario Balotelli Shames Toni Iwobi, Italy's First Black Senator by zinaunreal(m): 11:51am On Mar 08, 2018
I regret being a black man. See how we kill each other mentally and physically

11 Likes

Re: Mario Balotelli Shames Toni Iwobi, Italy's First Black Senator by Nobody: 11:51am On Mar 08, 2018
Uncle Ruckus comes to mind

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mario Balotelli Shames Toni Iwobi, Italy's First Black Senator by Throwback: 11:52am On Mar 08, 2018
A black immigrant supporting a party that is anti-immigration.

A house nigger they called such in the American South.

105 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mario Balotelli Shames Toni Iwobi, Italy's First Black Senator by aminubako1(m): 11:53am On Mar 08, 2018
Onijagidijagan:
Na Hausa man he be sef ....no pigs born and brought up in potopoto lands succeed outside their enclave.
You are high

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mario Balotelli Shames Toni Iwobi, Italy's First Black Senator by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:53am On Mar 08, 2018
Maybe Balotelli has a point. He is not pleased that Sen. Toni Iwobi stands for Anti-immigration alongside a party that is out to flush out blacks from the country thru the immigration route.... which means blacks like Balo will get limited chances to access Italy. It may look like hate on Ball's part and maybe partly it is but well, be reminded that Balo is Ghanaian by blood and his parents migrated there I think without which we may never know or hear of the Balotelli we know today in football. Remember his brilliance at Euro 2012. wink

So on this, maybe Toni Iwobi and Donald Trump, the trumper of Hillary grin share something similar.... #Anti-immigration #SendThemBackTotheirHut campaigns...

So Balo do have a point even though he may have been pretty harsh on his fellow black man.

I can imagine Trump, because of #AntiImmigration lines, smiling at Toni Iwobi like....

24 Likes

Re: Mario Balotelli Shames Toni Iwobi, Italy's First Black Senator by Ayoswit(f): 11:53am On Mar 08, 2018
Hmmm
Re: Mario Balotelli Shames Toni Iwobi, Italy's First Black Senator by Nobody: 11:53am On Mar 08, 2018
Anti Immigration keh...Ahaha..
Let him start his tenure and we'll see if he'll go the trump way
Re: Mario Balotelli Shames Toni Iwobi, Italy's First Black Senator by Nobody: 11:53am On Mar 08, 2018
and he's Igbo ooo grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mario Balotelli Shames Toni Iwobi, Italy's First Black Senator by Nobody: 11:54am On Mar 08, 2018
Throwback:
A black immigrant supporting a party that is anti-immigration.

A house nigger they called such in the American South.

Who you be calling a house nigga ? Nigga boy??
I am.suffering from asking diseases called niggavitiligo

Which makes white people black
grin

That's what he said

7 Likes

Re: Mario Balotelli Shames Toni Iwobi, Italy's First Black Senator by usba: 11:54am On Mar 08, 2018
The man is a beerfraud man we Nigerians don't condone racism in any form

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mario Balotelli Shames Toni Iwobi, Italy's First Black Senator by tetula123(m): 11:54am On Mar 08, 2018
you all complaining should relax. Nigerians and hypocrisy are like 5 and 6. so if they had given the job to you, let's be sincere will you say No.
beside positions like this are meant to tackle illegal immigration.

5 Likes

Re: Mario Balotelli Shames Toni Iwobi, Italy's First Black Senator by maclatunji: 11:55am On Mar 08, 2018
Over to those ignorant ones celebrating his election. They are so clannish that they don't know what not to celebrate and what to.

24 Likes

Re: Mario Balotelli Shames Toni Iwobi, Italy's First Black Senator by Nobody: 11:56am On Mar 08, 2018
Onijagidijagan:
Na Hausa man he be sef ....no pigs born and brought up in potopoto lands succeed outside their enclave.

Haba which one u dey...most of the southern leaders drank the northern water to become famous.
Zik,ojukwu,Ike nwachukwu etc

2 Likes

Re: Mario Balotelli Shames Toni Iwobi, Italy's First Black Senator by ngwaba(m): 11:56am On Mar 08, 2018
Kettle calling pot black. grin grin grin
Re: Mario Balotelli Shames Toni Iwobi, Italy's First Black Senator by ogorwyne(f): 11:56am On Mar 08, 2018
zinaunreal:
I regret being a black man. See how we kill each other mentally and physically
He didn't in anyway shame him. Sarcasm. Journalists should know better. I think his comment was to those Italians who talk him down for being black.
Re: Mario Balotelli Shames Toni Iwobi, Italy's First Black Senator by Nobody: 11:57am On Mar 08, 2018
No one anti-immigration, just anti 'illegal' immigration. Idi.ots like Balloteli need to learn the difference.

13 Likes

Re: Mario Balotelli Shames Toni Iwobi, Italy's First Black Senator by Sealeddeal(m): 11:58am On Mar 08, 2018
The Senator only would want to help stop the influx of the "children of Peace" from escaping from the "peaceful" atmosphere they created in Syria and Libya, and enter into Italy to create "Peace".
Illegal immigrants or Islamic refugees must be kept outside of non-Islamic area to protect non-Islamic individuals from 'Peace'.

15 Likes

Re: Mario Balotelli Shames Toni Iwobi, Italy's First Black Senator by Nobody: 11:58am On Mar 08, 2018
Onijagidijagan:

4 Likes

Re: Mario Balotelli Shames Toni Iwobi, Italy's First Black Senator by Nobody: 11:58am On Mar 08, 2018
InfernoNig:
We even hate ourselves. Na wa. Black mehn mentality

Must he support him cause he's black? undecided

11 Likes

Re: Mario Balotelli Shames Toni Iwobi, Italy's First Black Senator by colossus91(m): 11:58am On Mar 08, 2018
Onijagidijagan:
an chinua achebe didn't succeed?

2 Likes

Re: Mario Balotelli Shames Toni Iwobi, Italy's First Black Senator by MorataFC: 11:58am On Mar 08, 2018
angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sir Alex Ferguson In Intensive Care After Brain Sugery As Sympathy Floods In(Pic / GT Stiches And PiolaFootprints Made The Super Eagles Native Outfits To Russia / Osimhen Farther In Limbo As Lukaku Joins Napoli

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.