Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,033 members, 7,814,524 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Please, Save My Car!!! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please, Save My Car!!! (1124 Views)

Please Save My Car / My Car In Police Custody?? / Help! My Car Is Leaking Oil! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please, Save My Car!!! by Emmanuelojo(m): 9:58am On Mar 08, 2018
Hi,
I used Audi A4 2002 2.0. I recently walked in to a workshop where I complain about my speedometer not working and they traced it down to a faulty tone ring that is slack on the flywheel.....(I am not too good on this part names). The tone ring was removed and I drove down to another place without the tone ring for like an hour just to check someone. After few hours, I drove out and the problem started.... ... i just observed that the car was not moving well, I shifted the gear to manual mode and saw that the gear has been on gear 1 not able to move to other gear. I packed and tried other position like reverse and N position, they all work. I later called my mechanic who checked the gear oil and confirmed it was okay. Now, some said my gear is faulty that I need to change it, some said it is electrical problem. Can the tone ring absence cause the gear to be stick to gear 1? please I need experience advice before they spoil this car for me.... Thanks
Re: Please, Save My Car!!! by diportivo: 11:17am On Mar 08, 2018
Emmanuelojo:
Hi,
I used Audi A4 2002 2.0. I recently walked in to a workshop where I complain about my speedometer not working and they traced it down to a faulty tone ring that is slack on the flywheel.....(I am not too good on this part names). The tone ring was removed and I drove down to another place without the tone ring for like an hour just to check someone. After few hours, I drove out and the problem started.... ... i just observed that the car was not moving well, I shifted the gear to manual mode and saw that the gear has been on gear 1 not able to move to other gear. I packed and tried other position like reverse and N position, they all work. I later called my mechanic who checked the gear oil and confirmed it was okay. Now, some said my gear is faulty that I need to change it, some said it is electrical problem. Can the tone ring absence cause the gear to be stick to gear 1? please I need experience advice before they spoil this car for me.... Thanks

has this tone ring been replaced with a non faulty one or it's now absent?

witch cry for midnight pikin die for morning......who no sabi say na d witch kill d pikin undecided

go and have whatever was removed returned o
Re: Please, Save My Car!!! by Emmanuelojo(m): 11:50am On Mar 08, 2018
diportivo:

has this tone ring been replaced with a non faulty one or it's now absent?

witch cry for midnight pikin die for morning......who no sabi say na d witch kill d pikin undecided

go and have whatever was removed returned o

Thanks@diportivo.

I have already sent for new tone ring to be replaced. I just want to be sure that the fault is coming from there because the mechanic has been telling me that its the gear that need to be change,.......Imagine just like that!......lol
Re: Please, Save My Car!!! by timifakay(m): 9:33pm On Mar 08, 2018
From you?
From your mechanic?
From both of you?
Re: Please, Save My Car!!! by LeJeun3: 9:36pm On Mar 08, 2018
Emmanuelojo:

Thanks@diportivo.

I have already sent for new tone ring to be replaced. I just want to be sure that the fault is coming from there because the mechanic has been telling me that its the gear that need to be change,.......Imagine just like that!......lol

You and the mechanic need prayers....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please, Save My Car!!! by Nobody: 7:56pm On Mar 11, 2018
LeJeun3:

You and the mechanic need prayers....

(1) (Reply)

Warning :- Custom Duty Check / Implication Of Number Plate And License in Lagos / 2009 Hyundai Sonata. What I Need To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.