Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,224 members, 7,829,371 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

See What An English Teacher Wrote On The Chalkboard - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See What An English Teacher Wrote On The Chalkboard (52171 Views)

The Cake Made For An English Graduate Of Ambrose Alli University / See What A Student Wrote On His Physics Paper!!! / Look At What This Undergraduate Wrote On Facebook....(photos Attached) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What An English Teacher Wrote On The Chalkboard by femi4: 2:13pm On Mar 08, 2018
lowaist101:
Keep Quiet And Listen To Your Ignorance. I Believe Its(sic) Not A Rocket Science. The Meanings Of 'Round Up' Are- 1. To Find And Gather Together 2. A Summary Of The Most Important Points Of A Particular Subject. The First Is A Phrasal Verb And The Second Is A Noun. In The Class, U Can Give A Round Up Of The Topic Being Taught. Pls, Endeavour To Learn English Well.
You must be daft! The OP used "round up" a class and you are referring to a topic
Re: See What An English Teacher Wrote On The Chalkboard by vaxx: 2:17pm On Mar 08, 2018
Iseoluwani:
This morning I was supposed to switch classes. On getting to one of the classes, I met the English teacher teaching ,so I signalled to her to round up her class. Just then I got interested in what she was teaching...

I really weep for the generations coming... This is what our education system has been reduced to.

Note this is a government owned school
why do you subject her into intellectual bullying? why do you not correct her there? NO one is an oasis of knowledge.... you should have correct her there in private instead of exposing her in this faceless forum..... who knows she might be reading it now. it seems you enjoy laughing at people weakness right?... well i do not see sense in what you did.... our educational system is poor, we are aware and likewise our moral system is worst. you are a typical example. education is not about scholarship only, morality also take part.

3 Likes

Re: See What An English Teacher Wrote On The Chalkboard by achiever12: 2:17pm On Mar 08, 2018
Kennydoc:

It's alright, this has turned to paediatric verbal tussle. I am never good at it, so I'll let you win.
You have won, okay. Congratulations!
Have a good day.

Pediatric ko, geriatric ni.

Next time don't promote stupidity; it can make you sound like an idiot.
Re: See What An English Teacher Wrote On The Chalkboard by Kennydoc(m): 2:38pm On Mar 08, 2018
achiever12:

Pediatric ko, geriatric ni.

Next time don't promote stupidity; it can make you sound like an idiot.

Guy, get off my mention! You are not a fool. Get off! I'm done with you, just get off. I've conceded the victory to you. What else do you want? Get off, please!!!
Re: See What An English Teacher Wrote On The Chalkboard by adeniyisamuel59(m): 2:42pm On Mar 08, 2018
Iseoluwani:
This morning I was supposed to switch classes. On getting to one of the classes, I met the English teacher teaching ,so I signalled to her to round up her class. Just then I got interested in what she was teaching...

I really weep for the generations coming... This is what our education system has been reduced to.

Note this is a government owned school
You mean" round off " or "round up", I think the appropriate word is round off. Stop making mockery of someone.
Re: See What An English Teacher Wrote On The Chalkboard by achiever12: 3:14pm On Mar 08, 2018
Kennydoc:

Guy, get off my mention! You are not a fool. Get off! I'm done with you, just get off. I've conceded the victory to you. What else do you want? Get off, please!!!

One would wonder if this inferiority complex victim wasn't the one that first quoted me.
Re: See What An English Teacher Wrote On The Chalkboard by Habibatuley23: 3:24pm On Mar 08, 2018
Mekanus:
chai!! This your English is even worse than that of the teacher and the op.

Noted,though I made my point which is what matters.
#1proudlynupenotenglish
Re: See What An English Teacher Wrote On The Chalkboard by Partnerbiz3: 3:39pm On Mar 08, 2018
Bester44:

You started a sentence with a letter in lower case, and you failed to end the sentence with a correct punctuation.

lol
Re: See What An English Teacher Wrote On The Chalkboard by lowaist101: 3:42pm On Mar 08, 2018
femi4:
You must be daft! The OP used "round up" a class and you are referring to a topic

The way you are abusive, goes to show your level of ineptitude. I just want to teach you the connotation and the denotation of an expression. ciao!
Re: See What An English Teacher Wrote On The Chalkboard by DuruminKonvah: 3:54pm On Mar 08, 2018
Perhaps, she's from kaduna... ���
Re: See What An English Teacher Wrote On The Chalkboard by JastSiryin(m): 4:07pm On Mar 08, 2018
Iseoluwani:
Lalasticlala Mynd44

Let d govt see the set of teachers we are producing
Na all these ones wan go teach for Liberia... Them go just return back to civil war lol
Re: See What An English Teacher Wrote On The Chalkboard by adekhingz(m): 4:33pm On Mar 08, 2018
MissJoy29:

Don't say...just Pray for the country sad

LOLZ......I will. grin grin grin grin
Re: See What An English Teacher Wrote On The Chalkboard by armyofone(m): 4:35pm On Mar 08, 2018
What kind of eyes blinding black board was that?
Can't they just look for ways to get the board blackened?
Even cave men from 14th century know better.
Re: See What An English Teacher Wrote On The Chalkboard by Kennydoc(m): 4:54pm On Mar 08, 2018
achiever12:

One would wonder if this inferiority complex victim wasn't the one that first quoted me.

You are very deficient in reasoning, extremely deficient.

Let us get back to the starting point of this argument.
First, the op is a Civic Education teacher, and his post was about an English language teacher. You don't need your grammar to be impeccable to either teach or make a distinction in Civic Education. Even in the medical school, nobody gets failed because of his grammar as long as the point has been made correctly. That isn't so when it comes to teaching or writing an exam in English Language. All that matters is the grammar and nothing more. Even if the op writes as poorly as that English teacher, he should still have been concerned because that teacher is supposed to be teaching the kids grammar not any other thing. She studied English language in the higher institution for crying out loud.
Many of us accuse the Nigerian military for being weak and incompetent even when we can't shoot a gun. It's not that we have any basic military experience, but we believe the military guys should be competent in their jobs because that is what they were trained for. It is the same situation between the op and the teacher.

Secondly, the op's mistake isn't a big deal. All mistakes are not the same. Taking medical practice as an example, a doctor whose mistake costs a patient an extra day on admission might simply get scolded by his senior colleagues. If that mistake costs the patient a limb for instance, he may get suspended for a while but if the mistake leads to the death of the patient, that doctor may lose his practising licence. If the English teacher of my children uses 'round up' in place of 'round off', I will feel a bit disappointed, but may not consider withdrawing my kids from that school. If however I get to learn that a teacher like the one op talked about is the one teaching my house maid in school, I will definitely withdraw her from that school or report the teacher to the school authorities. I repeat, all mistakes don't carry the same weight.

It's disappointing that I will have to get down this low to explain a simple fact to you. I'm ashamed.
Good bye.

2 Likes

Re: See What An English Teacher Wrote On The Chalkboard by agrowonder(m): 5:00pm On Mar 08, 2018
Can someone make the correction for me?

Thank you
Re: See What An English Teacher Wrote On The Chalkboard by 2Mekus: 5:06pm On Mar 08, 2018
achiever12:

You are not different from that teacher. It is round off and not round up

It is not "you are not different from that teacher."

It is YOU ARE NO DIFFERENT TO THAT TEACHER.
Re: See What An English Teacher Wrote On The Chalkboard by flimsy2(m): 5:45pm On Mar 08, 2018
instead of you to correct the teacher, it might be a mistake..u snap and post online... I pity you too cuz u are not different from that English teacher... what were you doing with your phone at that moment?...unqualified teachers everywhere...
Re: See What An English Teacher Wrote On The Chalkboard by MissJoy29(f): 5:51pm On Mar 08, 2018
adekhingz:

LOLZ......I will. grin grin grin grin
smiley
Re: See What An English Teacher Wrote On The Chalkboard by achiever12: 6:21pm On Mar 08, 2018
2Mekus:

Thank you. Have a nice day
Re: See What An English Teacher Wrote On The Chalkboard by achiever12: 6:23pm On Mar 08, 2018
2Mekus:

What I've written is correct. Kill yourself
Re: See What An English Teacher Wrote On The Chalkboard by achiever12: 6:30pm On Mar 08, 2018
Kennydoc:

You are very deficient in reasoning, extremely deficient.

Let us get back to the starting point of this argument.
First, the op is a Civic Education teacher, and his post was about an English language teacher. You don't need your grammar to be impeccable to either teach or make a distinction in Civic Education. Even in the medical school, nobody gets failed because of his grammar as long as the point has been made correctly. That isn't so when it comes to teaching or writing an exam in English Language. All that matters is the grammar and nothing more. Even if the op writes as poorly as that English teacher, he should still have been concerned because that teacher is supposed to be teaching the kids grammar not any other thing. She studied English language in the higher institution for crying out loud.
Many of us accuse the Nigerian military for being weak and incompetent even when we can't shoot a gun. It's not that we have any basic military experience, but we believe the military guys should be competent in their jobs because that is what they were trained for. It is the same situation between the op and the teacher.

Secondly, the op's mistake isn't a big deal. All mistakes are not the same. Taking medical practice as an example, a doctor whose mistake costs a patient an extra day on admission might simply get scolded by his senior colleagues. If that mistake costs the patient a limb for instance, he may get suspended for a while but if the mistake leads to the death of the patient, that doctor may lose his practising licence. If the English teacher of my children uses 'round up' in place of 'round off', I will feel a bit disappointed, but may not consider withdrawing my kids from that school. If however I get to learn that a teacher like the one op talked about is the one teaching my house maid in school, I will definitely withdraw her from that school or report the teacher to the school authorities. I repeat, all mistakes don't carry the same weight.

It's disappointing that I will have to get down this low to explain a simple fact to you. I'm ashamed.
Good bye.

Despite the stupid epistle, some fools still think writing round off in place of round up is acceptable. Bunch of empty idiots suffering from inferiority complex. They ho about buying IELTS result and will be coming here to fool their destiny. Bunch of fools.
Re: See What An English Teacher Wrote On The Chalkboard by Missheaven001: 6:36pm On Mar 08, 2018
Nigeria really needs help in her educational sector

Re: See What An English Teacher Wrote On The Chalkboard by Kennydoc(m): 7:16pm On Mar 08, 2018
achiever12:

Despite the stupid epistle, some fools still think writing round off in place of round up is acceptable. Bunch of empty idiots suffering from inferiority complex. They ho about buying IELTS result and will be coming here to fool their destiny. Bunch of fools.

Write your own epistle na, let us see you put a sound reasoning down on 'paper'. You think it's by throwing insults up and down in the internet space. I have been restraining myself regarding the calling of names, and you won't push me to do that.

Go and buy your own IELTS result na, thats if you even know what IELTS is used for. Do I blame you? I only blame myself who condescended so low to engage a neonate like you. I have made you feel important today. That will give you something to celebrate about for the rest of this year.

1 Like

Re: See What An English Teacher Wrote On The Chalkboard by soul2: 7:19pm On Mar 08, 2018
Treasure17:
Our educational system needs total overhauling from the grass root to our tertiary institutions.

Kaduna governor try it but u all crucify him
Re: See What An English Teacher Wrote On The Chalkboard by achiever12: 7:28pm On Mar 08, 2018
Kennydoc:

Write your own epistle na, let us see you put a sound reasoning down on 'paper'. You think it's by throwing insults up and down in the internet space. I have been restraining myself regarding the calling of names, and you won't push me to do that.

Go and buy your own IELTS result na, thats if you even know what IELTS is used for. Do I blame you? I only blame myself who condescended so low to engage a neonate like you. I have made you feel important today. That will give you something to celebrate about for the rest of this year.

This inferiority complex fool is still here. I thought you said good bye now? Or didn't your fake IELTS teacher tell you the meaning of good bye? Empty idiot
Re: See What An English Teacher Wrote On The Chalkboard by Kennydoc(m): 7:32pm On Mar 08, 2018
achiever12:

This inferiority complex fool is still here. I thought you said good bye now? Or didn't your fake IELTS teacher tell you the meaning of good bye? Empty idiot

You're the only idiot here cos you can't use your brain. Your sense of reasoning is abysmal. Tụfịakwa!
Oh, I never had an IELTS teacher. I simply never needed one.

Which other term can you use apart from inferiority complex? Can you write any reasonable thing with mentioning that term? I am sure you learnt it this morning after a more sensible person used it to aptly describe your attitude. For your information, there isn't anything like inferiority complex fool, cos inferiority complex isn't and can't be an adjective. Thank me later.

And yes, I'm back for you. Since you chose to be stupid, I have withdrawn the good bye. We can slug it out here till we're both tired. Nonsense!!
Re: See What An English Teacher Wrote On The Chalkboard by achiever12: 7:45pm On Mar 08, 2018
Kennydoc:

You're the only idiot here cos you can't use your brain. Your sense of reasoning is abysmal. Tụfịakwa!
Oh, I never had an IELTS teacher. I simply never needed one.

Which other term can you use apart from inferiority complex? Can you write any reasonable thing with mentioning that term? I am sure you learnt it this morning after a more sensible person used it to aptly describe your attitude. For your information, there isn't anything like inferiority complex fool, cos inferiority complex isn't and can't be an adjective. Thank me later.

And yes, I'm back for you. Since you chose to be stupid, I have withdrawn the good bye. We can slug it out here till we're both tired. Nonsense!!

I doubt if this fool knows that I'm not reading his empty rhetoric, the rhetoric of a mentally blind fool.
Re: See What An English Teacher Wrote On The Chalkboard by Kennydoc(m): 8:03pm On Mar 08, 2018
achiever12:

I doubt if this fool knows that I'm not reading his empty rhetoric, the rhetoric of a mentally blind fool.

The nonentity keeps quoting. You obviously can't read and reason. No wonder you kept yapping inferiority complex. I'm happy I've made you realise how empty you are, and you decided to drop the term.

You don't need to read the rhetorics. Others will read them and see how empty you are.
Re: See What An English Teacher Wrote On The Chalkboard by Iseoluwani: 8:30pm On Mar 08, 2018
vaxx:
why do you subject her into intellectual bullying? why do you not correct her there? NO one is an oasis of knowledge.... you should have correct her there in private instead of exposing her in this faceless forum..... who knows she might be reading it now. it seems you enjoy laughing at people weakness right?... well i do not see sense in what you did.... our educational system is poor, we are aware and likewise our moral system is worst. you are a typical example. education is not about scholarship only, morality also take part.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What An English Teacher Wrote On The Chalkboard by Iseoluwani: 8:34pm On Mar 08, 2018
femi4:

Re: See What An English Teacher Wrote On The Chalkboard by Iseoluwani: 8:36pm On Mar 08, 2018
FBIL:
''....I met the English teacher teaching ,so I signalled to her to round up her class''.

All of you in that part of the country are the same. I mean YOU and THAT TEACHER. For your information:
(1) You ROUND UP NUMBERS, not activity.
(2) You ROUND OFF activity.
(3)Police or dogs ROUND ON people or criminals.
Say it like this: I bla bla..to round off her class.

Re: See What An English Teacher Wrote On The Chalkboard by achiever12: 8:39pm On Mar 08, 2018
[s]
Kennydoc:

The nonentity keeps quoting. You obviously can't read and reason. No wonder you kept yapping inferiority complex. I'm happy I've made you realise how empty you are, and you decided to drop the term.

You don't need to read the rhetorics. Others will read them and see how empty you are.
[/s]

With all the IELTS rubbish this idiot wrote, he doesn't seem to know the meaning of good bye. About three comments ago, he said goodbye; yet he is still ranting here like a rabid dog. I wonder who cursed his life like this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

KASU Students Beat NDA Cadets Over Girlfriend (Photos) / Offa Old Students Back To School, 35 Years After High School (Video) / Nigerian Man Who Wrote JAMB 7 Times Tells His Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.