Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:00 AM

Southwest Nigeria:the Most Educated, Industrial Hub & Richest Region In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southwest Nigeria:the Most Educated, Industrial Hub & Richest Region In Nigeria (1270 Views)

President Buhari Visits Ondo, Commissions Industrial Hub, Flyover (Photos) / Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Awolowo Gave Western Region In 7 Years What British Couldn't Give Nigeria In 50 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Southwest Nigeria:the Most Educated, Industrial Hub & Richest Region In Nigeria by mrkunlex(m): 2:07pm On Mar 08, 2018
South Western Nigeria with a Land Mass of 76,852 square kilometres and population of 25.2 million today owns and/or control 65% of the nation’s industrial capacity, 67% of banking assets, 67% of insurance assets and is house to the nation’s three deep sea ports of Apapa, Tin Can Island and Roro; the busiest international airport of Ikeja, three thermal
stations of Egbin, Papalanto and Omotosho.
Its three major industrial estates of Agbara, Ikeja and Otta are all linked to gas under the West African gas pipeline plan and piping of gas is ongoing from Otta to Abeokuta. Added to these, the South Western population today is the most educated as western
education came through there and education as a resource was democratized since the early sixties.
Geographical location, democratization of western education, availability of resources enhanced in last 9 years and some empowerment during the over the last ten years have collectively enabled the South Western economy to rank as first of the four economies in Nigeria.
The South West as a region can boast of having a defined growing middle class and is perceived to have at least 250,000 of its indigenes with net worth of over N100m each. Take it out of Nigeria, the South West economy with is defined growing middle class
and resources, will be one of the fastest growing economies in the world.
Re: Southwest Nigeria:the Most Educated, Industrial Hub & Richest Region In Nigeria by alphacyborg(m): 2:28pm On Mar 08, 2018
Here in Oyo, Oyo state I can authoritatively say that 80% of Yoruba's here cannot speak nor understand English.

5 Likes

Re: Southwest Nigeria:the Most Educated, Industrial Hub & Richest Region In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:42pm On Mar 08, 2018
alphacyborg:
Here in Oyo, Oyo state I can authoritatively say that 80% of Yoruba's here cannot speak nor understand English.
what language do they speak then?
Re: Southwest Nigeria:the Most Educated, Industrial Hub & Richest Region In Nigeria by alphacyborg(m): 2:51pm On Mar 08, 2018
Onijagidijagan:

what language do they speak then?

Yoruba
Re: Southwest Nigeria:the Most Educated, Industrial Hub & Richest Region In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:53pm On Mar 08, 2018
alphacyborg:

Yoruba
but it doesn't make them an illiterate isn't it?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southwest Nigeria:the Most Educated, Industrial Hub & Richest Region In Nigeria by Noccerino(m): 2:56pm On Mar 08, 2018
Youths of nowadays are so dumb
Re: Southwest Nigeria:the Most Educated, Industrial Hub & Richest Region In Nigeria by Ofodirinwa: 3:25pm On Mar 08, 2018
na
Re: Southwest Nigeria:the Most Educated, Industrial Hub & Richest Region In Nigeria by Dlionsheart: 3:56pm On Mar 08, 2018
I DON'T UNDERSTAND,

Southwest Nigeria: the most educated,industrial hub and richest region in Nigeria, yet, A PERPETUAL SLAVE TO THE HAUSA FULANI.

Can someone help reconcile this

1 Like

Re: Southwest Nigeria:the Most Educated, Industrial Hub & Richest Region In Nigeria by Cooly100: 5:03pm On Mar 08, 2018
Yet SW is the least region that would want to be totally independent. Why tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Southwest Nigeria:the Most Educated, Industrial Hub & Richest Region In Nigeria by freshdude99(m): 5:30pm On Mar 08, 2018
This post just make me laugh hard

1 Like

Re: Southwest Nigeria:the Most Educated, Industrial Hub & Richest Region In Nigeria by ibotic(f): 5:46pm On Mar 08, 2018
alphacyborg:

As an Nnewi babe
I am ashamed for this ipob induced jealousy...
Please don’t make Yoruba people deport us to
Our erosion ravaged forsaken land...
Chukwu okike abiama o.
Re: Southwest Nigeria:the Most Educated, Industrial Hub & Richest Region In Nigeria by Adelaide2: 5:51pm On Mar 08, 2018
SW has the most stunted Nigerians with low cognitive skills.

1 Like

Re: Southwest Nigeria:the Most Educated, Industrial Hub & Richest Region In Nigeria by DerideGull(m): 5:55pm On Mar 08, 2018
mrkunlex:
South Western Nigeria with a Land Mass of 76,852 square kilometres and population of 25.2 million today owns and/or control 65% of the nation’s industrial capacity, 67% of banking assets, 67% of insurance assets and is house to the nation’s three deep sea ports of Apapa, Tin Can Island and Roro; the busiest international airport of Ikeja, three thermal
stations of Egbin, Papalanto and Omotosho.
Its three major industrial estates of Agbara, Ikeja and Otta are all linked to gas under the West African gas pipeline plan and piping of gas is ongoing from Otta to Abeokuta. Added to these, the South Western population today is the most educated as western
education came through there and education as a resource was democratized since the early sixties.
Geographical location, democratization of western education, availability of resources enhanced in last 9 years and some empowerment during the over the last ten years have collectively enabled the South Western economy to rank as first of the four economies in Nigeria.
The South West as a region can boast of having a defined growing middle class and is perceived to have at least 250,000 of its indigenes with net worth of over N100m each. Take it out of Nigeria, the South West economy with is defined growing middle class
and resources, will be one of the fastest growing economies in the world.

Arrant nonsense including the caption of the misguided thread. What qualifies the region as most educated? Has the region led in anything academics recently? The region's position in JAMB is totally ridiculous.

1 Like

Re: Southwest Nigeria:the Most Educated, Industrial Hub & Richest Region In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:56pm On Mar 08, 2018
DerideGull:

Arrant nonsense including the caption of the misguided thread. What qualifies the region as most educated? Has the region led in anything academics recently? The region's position in JAMB is totally ridiculous.
give us the jamb figure
Re: Southwest Nigeria:the Most Educated, Industrial Hub & Richest Region In Nigeria by DerideGull(m): 6:11pm On Mar 08, 2018
Thetruthsayer10:
give us the jamb figure

I guess you can Google and you are not a robot.

1 Like

Re: Southwest Nigeria:the Most Educated, Industrial Hub & Richest Region In Nigeria by chuksjuve(m): 6:19pm On Mar 08, 2018
Nairaland and tribal warring posts...
Re: Southwest Nigeria:the Most Educated, Industrial Hub & Richest Region In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:46pm On Mar 08, 2018
DerideGull:

I guess you can Google and you are not a robot.
u made an assertion I just want to confirm it please present the figure. U know best
Re: Southwest Nigeria:the Most Educated, Industrial Hub & Richest Region In Nigeria by Mazeltovscotty(m): 6:49pm On Mar 08, 2018
alphacyborg:

when did ability to speak english become a standard of measuring civility or when did inability to speak or understand english translate to illiteracy?
Re: Southwest Nigeria:the Most Educated, Industrial Hub & Richest Region In Nigeria by DarkLover: 7:19pm On Mar 08, 2018
@Op there are many threads like this already with some many arguments for or against, what's your aim with this?

@alphacyborg, the ability or inability to speak English isn't a yardstick for anything, I personally would prefer my mother's tongue over any other language, even if you don't understand it, I'll still try to coerced into understanding it. There are many illiterate English speakers here in Nigeria. Be proud of your language always.
Re: Southwest Nigeria:the Most Educated, Industrial Hub & Richest Region In Nigeria by TheKingdom: 7:31pm On Mar 08, 2018
chuksjuve:
Nairaland and tribal warring posts...

Because we suppose to have used sense and split since into natural African nations
Re: Southwest Nigeria:the Most Educated, Industrial Hub & Richest Region In Nigeria by mrkunlex(m): 7:34pm On Mar 08, 2018
DerideGull:

yoruba is leading in all be it education e.t.c.just go nd ask your fore fathers,they will tell you
Re: Southwest Nigeria:the Most Educated, Industrial Hub & Richest Region In Nigeria by mrkunlex(m): 7:37pm On Mar 08, 2018
DarkLover:
@Op there are many threads like this already with some many arguments for or against, what's your aim with this?

@alphacyborg, the ability or inability to speak English isn't a yardstick for anything, I personally would prefer my mother's tongue over any other language, even if you don't understand it, I'll still try to coerced into understanding it. There are many illiterate English speakers here in Nigeria. Be proud of your language always.
point of correction, this is not a tribalistic thread.you know i dnt abuse any regions
Re: Southwest Nigeria:the Most Educated, Industrial Hub & Richest Region In Nigeria by baralatie(m): 7:39pm On Mar 08, 2018
then you are child's play to kano!
Re: Southwest Nigeria:the Most Educated, Industrial Hub & Richest Region In Nigeria by mrkunlex(m): 7:44pm On Mar 08, 2018
Yoruba
Unarguably one of the most educated tribes in
Nigeria and even thought to be the most learned by
some people. The Yorubas are indeed educated and
you will agree with me that they deserve a position
among the top 3.
It had also been said that this ethnic group have the
highest number of professors. Aside this, many of the
top management position in companies are been
headed by the Yorubas.
One would argue that this was as a result of them
been the first to be open to western education. Well,
whatever may be the case, the Yorubas are one of
the most educated tribes in Nigeria.
Igbo
This tribe is synonymous with one thing- Business!
Business is their thing and they are found in all the
crannies of the country.
It had been said that any place you come and can’t
find an Igbo man then relocate, nothing good is there.
However, aside business, this people also have a
flare for education and are one of the most educated
tribes in the country.
ALSO READ Full Details on The Salary of Nigerian
Army Officers
Hausa
Hausa… what? Did I hear you scream? What on earth
is this tribe doing on this list? Well, brother or sister,
you need to have a rethink as this tribe is educated
just like any other tribe in the country.
However, because of their numbers, high popularion
and culture, a lot of them are left out but for the ones
into it, they have proven their tribe is not a back
sitter in academic issue. I don’t want to start
mentioning names just as I purposely didn’t mention
in the ones above but I tell you this,
The Hausa speaking tribe is one of the most educated
in the country.
Edo
Talking of civilization, the Edo tribe is one of the most
civilized tribes in the country due to the high rate of
their illegal migration to overseas and other reasons.
However, someone can claim to be civilized but not
educated. The Edo people are civilized and educated
and can be said to be one of the most educated
people in the country.
Urhobo
This is the first tribe from the Niger Delta region that
made it to the list. You can’t away education from
this people.
This tribe has a domineering nature in Delta state and
this even includes in the area of education. Go there
and see each family name their own professional.
Itsekiri
The Itsekiri people are also from the Niger Delta
Region just like the Urhobos. This tribe is also one of
the most educated in the country.
If a man is not educated here and he has the means,
his children will!
ALSO READ Uber Nigeria Contact Address: Book
Uber Taxi
Ijaw
I have avoided calling names all this while, permit
me to say your former president is an Ijaw man.
This people are schooled just as other Niger Deltans
and are one of the top 10 most educated tribe in the
country.
Calabar
While we do not see the Calabar people as educated,
they actually are! Forget their funny intonation and
how Nollywood portray them, they are educated.
Isoko
This is a minority tribe from the Niger Delta region
that may not be well known but are actually
educated and made it to our list of top 10 most
educated tribes in Nigeria.
Ibibio
This tribe also hail from the Niger Delta region and
are also educated.
Just like I stated earlier, this list is not in any
particular order and also not based on any scientific
approach. At its best, it can be termed subjective but
then, there’s room for you to also have your say by
letting us know your own top 10 most educated tribe
in Nigeria using the comment box below.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Will Not Survive It If Anything Happens To Nnamdi Kanu - Group Threatens / Soldiers Clash With Police In Aba, 3 Dead (read Details) / Tambuwal Dumps PDP, Defects To APC With 10,000 Supporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.