Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,665 members, 7,813,230 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:04 AM

My First Field Sales Experience - Business To Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business To Business / My First Field Sales Experience (807 Views)

Suggest Me Skills In The Electrical Field / Need A Piece Of Advice If You're An Expert In This Field! / Fencing For Sports Field, River Banks, Construction And Residence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My First Field Sales Experience by Hmajeed(m): 4:20pm On Mar 08, 2018
Some weeks ago I found myself thinking about my past and my plans for the future. The future seems bleak, I've worked on excellent ideas, did thorough market research, harmed myself with great people to start the journey together and yet I've never launched a business, the primary problem as been raising funds it's either my uncle tells me an outright No, or my brother complains of non payment of salaries, or my sister tells me she's saving her cash for some projects or the other. It's been a huge frustration. Imagine just needing 50,000 and you spend hours designing a pitch deck and all you get is a No! I'm not interested, or Great Idea but no cash at hand

I'm not willing to give up, I'm not willing to live the life of having my destiny tied to a monthly payment, I decided I'm gonna pick a job and since I'm a corper I can only take a remote job I settled for a Field sales manager with .

I went to the interview and I and 3 others were chosen out of 12 applicants, we went through a brief training and we were told to start work.
Well what's the work about??
I've to move around to find potential sellers and make them come onboard, my main job is to ensure they buy the premium services which will make them edge competition.

After taking the job since last Friday I didn't take a step at work, I was in my ppa and exams are coming by so u have to round off with the kids and prepare them for the exams ahead
I took my first step today(thursday), It was actually a bad beginning, my phone was down, my shirts aren't ironed and all. I was too weak to do chores last night I had planned to get them ready this morning, but unfortunately it rained overnight and NEPA had decided to sun dry the wires before bringing light.
I looked around for somewhere to charge my phone to no avail, until Allah blessed me with one Cyber Cafe, I dropped my phone went home to take my bath and all, and soon I was back for my phone. I checked the percentage it was at 71% I was intrigued, my 1 week old Infinix Hot 5 Shaa pra pra.
I forgot to mention that I had to borrow money from mum to get the phone, since part of the requirements for the Job is a functional smartphone.
I trekked for close to 15 minutes under Abeokuta sun, already sweating profusely, with no handkerchief at hand I had to use my sleeves to wipe my sweat as I approached my first target -- a car dealer. After greeting the boys, they directed me to Oga who was standing nearby receiving a call, I moved close to him as he received the call, and soon he dropped and I introduced myself told him about the service and made him realize the enormous opportunity that awaits him if he uses , he told me point blank.... I'm not interested, I've used it before it's generating no leads, he wouldn't even let me talk and soon one of his friends came and said they need to talk ASAP, I had to go!
Off I went again to another car dealer who is another 10 minutes walk away, I pitched to him and he showed interest not without the normal screwing, but he said he as no functional smartphone even though I saw him with a Big blackberry device which he later said was his Side-Chick phone and not his main. I praised him Shaa and I gave him my 'Business Card'.

I walked for another 15 minutes, I found a mosque I went in the to pray my midday prayer and took some rest and soon I was up and ready to hit the streets, I met another car dealer who showed great interest and I did the usual of giving him my business card and I got his contacts as well for follow up.
At this point I was tired, I trekked another 5 minutes when I noticed a big furniture store I went up the stairs to meet a lady who seems to be in charge, before I could begin my pitch she saw the tiredness in me and soon offered me a sit on a nice soafer and she showed the angel in her by giving me a sachet of cold sachet water, I couldn't take it ASAP like that, at least in order not to present my self as an hungry man which I was. I pitched to her even though she was not listening well and soon we got to the money issue and she was like that charge is too much oo, I told her it's a good investment and all, and soon she told me she's not the boss here... That got me shocked cos she was using a SAMSUNG S8 EDGE!
But she said she owns a make up store for herself and was considering using it for her own business but presently she can't afford the cost bla bla bla, I gave her my card and I collected her number and soon I was off!

I was thinking of moving on but I was way too tired, I just gave up and decided to rush home. I got a bike, and in my hurry to get a good nap I forgot to pay the Okada Man, God bless the guy he quickly called me back I payed him off and I picked those final steps to the corpers with the few energy left in me.

Such a day!
How was ur first sales experience

Don't kill the conversation ���
Re: My First Field Sales Experience by generalbush(m): 4:27pm On Mar 08, 2018
lol... it isn't so easy bro...

I love sales tho... that is where bulk of the money comes from!
Re: My First Field Sales Experience by Hmajeed(m): 8:13pm On Mar 08, 2018
thanks bro.

it's really tough. I'm getting tired already

(1) (Reply)

Shirt Labels Productions In NIGERIA / What Business Can I Start With 30 Thousand... Read This / 7inch Qualcomm Tablet In-built 3g, Wifi, Gps, Gsm Phone Call And 3g Call

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.