Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,610 members, 7,823,655 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

A Question To The Muslims - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Question To The Muslims (875 Views)

Honest Question To The Christians / A Question To My Friends Who Are Believers / Why Pastors Use Private Jets And A Question For OAP Freeze - By Ife Olaleye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Question To The Muslims by Hier(m): 4:39pm On Mar 08, 2018
I am working on a project and I need quranic support that clearly state that muslims should love other religions? I need as many, I use to have this friend who told me after mohammed went for the last jihad. He told his followers to rather engage in intellilectual debate as a form of Jihad, which I quite support. Like i mentioned I need more support, cause my Bible says in the mouth of two or three witnesses are every words established. 2 Corin 13.1. it means when you find a quranic support for one topic using two or three verse, then there is an high tendency that it is something that should be taken serious and not lightly.

Disclaimer: I am not attempting to debate or cause whatsoever, please count me out. Im more wiser now.Thanks

1 Like

Re: A Question To The Muslims by alBHAGDADI: 5:33pm On Mar 08, 2018
If you are looking for a Quranic verse that tells Muslims to love people of other religions, then it means you are on your way to hell fire to look for cold water.

grin grin grin

Quran (3:151) - "Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority".

1 Like

Re: A Question To The Muslims by Hier(m): 6:39pm On Mar 08, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

If you are looking for a Quranic verse that tells Muslims to love people of other religions, then it means you are on your way to hell fire to look for cold water.

grin grin grin

Quran (3:151) - "Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority".

I still subscribe to the fact they are a religion of peace, I really wish one of them can comment right now. I won't like to think what am thinking. I will be so disappointed. I have a thread about some of their hate verses, but I don't want to be viewing things from the bad side, I believe they are good side too
Re: A Question To The Muslims by Hier(m): 11:17pm On Mar 10, 2018
bump
Re: A Question To The Muslims by Broderick555: 2:17am On Mar 11, 2018
just wait small dem go soon come.....
Re: A Question To The Muslims by Nobody: 4:06am On Mar 11, 2018
You will wait till recreation of the earth

1 Like

Re: A Question To The Muslims by Hier(m): 7:54am On Mar 11, 2018
Broderick555:
just wait small dem go soon come.....

looooooooool
Re: A Question To The Muslims by Hier(m): 7:58am On Mar 11, 2018
profolaolu:
You will wait till recreation of the earth
oooooooooh, is it gonna be that long, you guys should give me some hope pls grin grin
Re: A Question To The Muslims by Hier(m): 7:58am On Mar 11, 2018
otem is peeping at this thread, what is your contribution, yea, its been a while, guess you are born again now

How do you do it, do you always search for Otem on the search engine or you have some kind of eyes grin grin
Re: A Question To The Muslims by OtemAtum: 6:21pm On Mar 21, 2018
Hier:
otem is peeping at this thread, what is your contribution, yea, its been a while, guess you are born again now

I am born to gain grin
Re: A Question To The Muslims by Amberon11: 4:52am On Mar 22, 2018
Let me guess, they will post a random verse and say the literal meaning is wrong and that all Quranic madrassa school of thought scholars have agreed it to mean love. Lmao.
Re: A Question To The Muslims by Hier(m): 2:28pm On Mar 22, 2018
OtemAtum:

I am born to gain grin

grin grin

There is nothing to gain sir.

Missed yah though

Born again means you will be a different person order than who you are and you really need to have that awesome experience
Re: A Question To The Muslims by OtemAtum: 2:40pm On Mar 22, 2018
Hier:

grin grin

There is nothing to gain sir.

Missed yah though

Born again means you will be a different person order than who you are and you really need to have that awesome experience

Okay, yes I became born again in 2016 based on your definition. I was born into religion earlier, but I became irreligious in 2016.
Re: A Question To The Muslims by Preator: 8:01pm On Mar 22, 2018
We have appointed a law and a practice for every one of you. Had God willed, He would have made you a single community, but He wanted to test you regarding what has come to you. So compete with each other in doing good. Every one of you will return to God and He will inform you regarding the things about which you differed.” (Surat al-Ma’ida, 48)

God does not forbid you from being good to those who have not fought you in the religion or driven you from your homes, or from being just towards them. God loves those who are just.” (Surat al-Mumtahana, cool

There shall be no compulsion in [acceptance of] the religion. The right course has become clear from the wrong. (Al-Baqarah 2:256)

And had your Lord willed, those on earth would have believed - all of them entirely. Then, [O Muhammad], would you compel the people in order that they become believers? (Yunus 10:99)

....... And kill them wherever you may find them.... (Q 2:191).
Probably one of the most well known verse in the Quran. The verse seems pretty self explanatory. But let me post the rest for contextual reasons.

Fight in the way of Allah those who fight you but do not transgress. Indeed. Allah does not like transgressors. And kill them wherever you overtake them and expel them from wherever they have expelled you, and fitnah is worse than killing. And do not fight them at al-Masjid al- Haram until they fight you there. But if they fight you, then kill them. Such is the recompense of the disbelievers. And if they cease, then indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful. Fight them until there is no [more] fitnah and [until] worship is [acknowledged to be] for Allah. But if they cease, then there is to be no aggression except against the oppressors. [Fighting in] the sacred month is for [aggression committed in] the sacred month, and for [all] violations is legal retribution. So whoever has assaulted you, then assault him in the same way that he has assaulted you. And fear Allah and know that Allah is with those who fear Him. (Al-Baqarah 2:190-194)

The verse apply to only those who wage war on Muslims. The verse commands that once hostilities stop, Muslims must stop fighting. Verily Allah do not love the trangressors

1 Like

Re: A Question To The Muslims by Preator: 8:05pm On Mar 22, 2018
Say: O unbelievers!
I do not serve that which you serve,
Nor do you serve Him Whom I serve:
Nor am I going to serve that which you serve,
Nor are you going to serve Him Whom I serve:
You shall have your religion and I shall have my religion.
Qur'an 109:1-6
Re: A Question To The Muslims by Preator: 8:10pm On Mar 22, 2018
Hadith

Beware! Whoever is cruel and hard on a non-Muslim minority, or curtails their rights, or burdens them with more than they can bear, or takes anything from them against their free will; I (Prophet Muhammad) will complain against the person on the Day of Judgment.” (Abu Dawud)

Whoever kills a person who has a truce with the Muslims will never smell the fragrance of Paradise.” (Saheeh Muslim)
Re: A Question To The Muslims by Preator: 8:22pm On Mar 22, 2018
According to Islamic law, jizya (poll tax) is to be paid by all non-Muslims,[1] excluding the weak and the poor, living in a Muslim state, to the general welfare of the state. Also, in his book "Al-Kharaj," Abu Yusuf says, "No Jizya is due on females or young infants." In exchange for the tax, the non-Muslims are required to be given security, provided compensation from the Muslim Exchequer when they are in need, treated on equality with Muslims, and enjoy rights as nationals of the state. Al-Balathiri comments on this saying, "Khaled Ibn Al-Walid, on entering Damascus as a conqueror, offered a guarantee of security to its people and their properties and churches, and promised that the wall of the city would not be pulled down, and none of their houses be demolished. It was a guarantee of God, he said, and of the Caliph and all believers to keep them safe and secure on condition they paid the dues of the Jizya."[27] This poll tax is different from the alms tax (Zakah) paid by the Muslim subjects of a Muslim state. Whereas jizya is compulsory and paid by the tolerated community per head count, zakat was paid only if one can afford it. Muslims and non-Muslims who hold property, especially land, were required however to pay Kharaj

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_and_other_religions
Re: A Question To The Muslims by Preator: 8:32pm On Mar 22, 2018
Hier:
I am working on a project and I need quranic support that clearly state that muslims should love other religions? I need as many, I use to have this friend who told me after mohammed went for the last jihad. He told his followers to rather engage in intellilectual debate as a form of Jihad, which I quite support. Like i mentioned I need more support, cause my Bible says in the mouth of two or three witnesses are every words established. 2 Corin 13.1. it means when you find a quranic support for one topic using two or three verse, then there is an high tendency that it is something that should be taken serious and not lightly.

Disclaimer: I am not attempting to debate or cause whatsoever, please count me out. Im more wiser now.Thanks
If you really need this from an academic stance and not already prejudiced. There are tons of articles written about the issue by both Muslims and non Muslims alike. Furthermore, English translation of the Quran are readily available on play store.

Muslims have struggled to differentiate between legitimate and illegitimate wars. Fighting in self-defense is not only legitimate but considered obligatory upon Muslims, according to the Qur'an. The Qur'an, however, says that should the enemy's hostile behavior cease, then the reason for engaging the enemy also lapses.

Some scholars argue that war may only be legitimate if Muslims have at least half the power of the enemy (and thus capable of winning it). Other Islamic scholars consider this command only for a particular time.

According to the majority of jurists, the Qur'anic casus belli (justification of war) are restricted to aggression against Muslims and fitna—persecution of Muslims because of their religious belief. They hold that unbelief in itself is not the justification for war. These jurists therefore maintain that only combatants are to be fought; noncombatants such as women, children, clergy, the aged, the insane, farmers, serfs, the blind, and so on are not to be killed in war. Thus, the Hanafī Ibn Najīm states: "the reason for jihād in our [the Hanafīs] view is kawnuhum harbā ‛alaynā [literally, their being at war against us]." The Hanafī jurists al-Shaybānī and al-Sarakhsī state that "although kufr [unbelief in God] is one of the greatest sins, it is between the individual and his God the Almighty and the punishment for this sin is to be postponed to the dār al-jazā’, (the abode of reckoning, the Hereafter)." War, according to the Hanafis, can't simply be made on the account of a nation's religion. Abdulaziz Sachedina argues that the original jihad according to his version of Shi'ism was permission to fight back against those who broke their pledges. Thus the Qur'an justified defensive jihad by allowing Muslims to fight back against hostile and dangerous forces.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_military_jurisprudence
Re: A Question To The Muslims by Preator: 8:57pm On Mar 22, 2018
Perhaps this may shed a little light on why there exist so much atrocities.

"[Satan] said, "My Lord, because You have put me in error, I will surely make [disobedience] attractive to them on earth, and I will mislead them all. Except, among them, Your chosen servants." [Allah] said: "This [way of My sincere servants] is indeed a way that leads straight to Me. Indeed, My servants - no authority will you have over them, except those who follow you of the deviators. And indeed, Hell is the promised place for them all. It has seven gates; for every gate is of them a portion designated." Indeed, the righteous will be within gardens and springs. [Having been told], "Enter it in peace, safe [and secure]." - {Quran: 15: 39-46}

Of the deviators, see this hadith
Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: “…Verily he among youwho lives [long] will see great controversy, so you must keep to mySunnah and to the Sunnah of the rightly-guided Khalifahs – cling tothem stubbornly. Beware of newly invented matters, for every invented

matter is an innovation and every innovation is a going astray, andevery going astray is in Hell-fire.” [Abu Dawud and At-Tirmidhi]

(1) (Reply)

Quotes Of Famous Atheists / Wonder:Fireball Falling Through Lagos Skies / Gross Darkness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.