Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,898 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:56 PM

Honest Question To The Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Honest Question To The Christians (7849 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: It's Not Trump That They Hate, It's You, The Christians / Who Are The Christians? Where Is The Love?: My Experience. / Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honest Question To The Christians by Tamaratonye1(f): 1:48pm On Sep 15, 2022
At your discretion -

You awaken tomorrow to find headlines around the world: Science has definitively proven that no god exists - anywhere in the universe. All the religious leaders concur.

How would your life be different?

Would you lose your job? Would your friends abandon you, or would you abandon friends? In what ways would how you spend your time change? Would your expectations for your future change - for the next day, next week, next month, next year, next decade? Would you suddenly lose talents?

Etc.

Brushing the question aside by claiming such a proof is impossible only ducks the question. Millions of atheists around the world enjoy fulfilling lives without needing a god in it, while many millions cannot envision a life without a god in it. What is it that a god adds that cannot be lived without?

3 Likes

Re: Honest Question To The Christians by fman(m): 1:59pm On Sep 15, 2022
Tamaratonye1:
At your discretion -

You awaken tomorrow to find headlines around the world: Science has definitively proven that no god exists - anywhere in the universe
Na u wan write the headline?
Over reasoning no too good for the brains

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Honest Question To The Christians by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:03pm On Sep 15, 2022
fman:
Why not throw it back at him:

If by tomorrow all popular atheists globally agreed that there's a God, what will be his next decision? cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Honest Question To The Christians by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:28pm On Sep 15, 2022
Tamaratonye1:

What is it that a god adds that cannot be lived without?

Peter an apostle following Jesus asked:
“Look! We have left all things and followed you; what, then, will there be for us?” Matthew 19:27
In other words what's there to gain that those without the belief in God can never have?

Christ Jesus responded:

“Truly I say to you, no one has left house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for my sake and for the sake of the good news who will not get 100 times more now in this period of time—houses, brothers, sisters, mothers, children, and fields, with persecutions—and in the coming system of things, everlasting life. Mark 10:29-30

So Jesus is telling all of us that true believers in God will have families and satisfying careers but faithless and arrogant people will persecute them yet if they endure to the end they will be given the visa to live forever! Matthew 24:13

As a true Christian:
© Anywhere i go on earth is my home as long as true disciples of Christ lives there because they will welcome me as a family member not a total stranger! Matthew 12:46-50

© I have the assurance that no the troubles that may arise due to racism, my brothers in Christ will never abandon me because the love in Christ has destroyed the barriers of racism! John 13:34-35

Jesus later said something that's really difficult to believe: he promised that his disciples will live forever! John 3:16

Of course this may sound unbelievable but then if the promise of a global family through faith in Jesus is possible then with God all other unbelievable promises are possible! Matthew 19:26

Thanks! smiley

4 Likes

Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Wilgrea7(m): 5:42pm On Sep 15, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Why not throw it back at him:

If by tomorrow all popular atheists globally agreed that there's a God, what will be his next decision? cheesy

The claim that there is a God is one that exists today.. so I don't see how a news headline would make much difference..

But just like we've always been doing... We'll ask for the evidence. If there is conclusive evidence that a God exists.. the belief becomes irrelevant. We would simply KNOW that a God exists.

But like most other atheists.. we're still waiting for the evidence

6 Likes

Re: Honest Question To The Christians by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:44pm On Sep 15, 2022
Wilgrea7:

The claim that there is a God is one that exists today.. so I don't see how a news headline would make much difference..
But just like we've always been doing... We'll ask for the evidence. If there is conclusive evidence that a God exists.. the belief becomes irrelevant. We would simply KNOW that a God exists.
But like most other atheists.. we're still waiting for the evidence

Well we are working on BENEFITS! wink

1 Like

Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Wilgrea7(m): 5:46pm On Sep 15, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Well we are working on BENEFITS! wink

Lol... If Maximus doesn't beat me today for mentioning him.. he won't beat me again in this life grin
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:49pm On Sep 15, 2022
Wilgrea7:

Lol... If Maximus doesn't beat me today for mentioning him.. he won't beat me again in this life grin
Nobody beats anybody it's either we agree or disagree! wink

The fact remains that the only evidence we have to support the fact that there is a gas known as oxygen is the BENEFITS we derive from it, nobody has seen oxygen before! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Wilgrea7(m): 5:58pm On Sep 15, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Nobody beats anybody it's either we agree or disagree! wink

The fact remains that the only evidence we have to support the fact that there is a gas known as oxygen is the BENEFITS we derive from it, nobody has seen oxygen before! cheesy

Brother maximus.. i have to disagree.

We know that dangerous gases like chlorine and sulphur also exist. We don't breathe them in like we do with oxygen... But that doesn't diminish their existence.

Oxygen in it's natural form is beneficial.. but in other forms.. such as ozone.. it's dangerous. Existence and benefits are independent of each other
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by LordTheus(m): 6:11pm On Sep 15, 2022
fman:

The point made in the OP is a simple one. If you can call that "over-reasoning", then I think it says more about you than the OP

1 Like

Re: Honest Question To The Christians by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:18pm On Sep 15, 2022
Wilgrea7:

Brother maximus.. i have to disagree.
We know that dangerous gases like chlorine and sulphur also exist. We don't breathe them in like we do with oxygen... But that doesn't diminish their existence.
Oxygen in it's natural form is beneficial.. but in other forms.. such as ozone.. it's dangerous. Existence and benefits are independent of each other

So you agree with me that there are may things we don't have to see until we believe in their existence but the BENEFITS we derive from knowing about them stands as evidence!

Well God and Satan exist we don't have to see them as long as we enjoy the BENEFITS of knowing what they are doing matters most to believers! wink

1 Like

Re: Honest Question To The Christians by LordTheus(m): 6:39pm On Sep 15, 2022
fman:
you mentioning me proves that you are a confused mediocre.
Playground insults. Is this the best you can do?
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by fman(m): 6:48pm On Sep 15, 2022
LordTheus:

Playground insults. Is this the best you can do?
Mind game. This that the epitome of ya atheism?

1 Like

Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Dtruthspeaker: 6:59pm On Sep 15, 2022
Tamaratonye1:
At your discretion -

You awaken tomorrow to find headlines around the world: Science has definitively proven that no god exists - anywhere in the universe. All the religious leaders concur.

Would you lose your job? Would your friends abandon you, or would you abandon friends? In what ways would how you spend your time change? Would your expectations for your future change - for the next day, next week, next month, next year, next decade? Would you suddenly lose talents?

Etc.

Brushing the question aside by claiming such a proof is impossible only ducks the question. Millions of atheists around the world enjoy fulfilling lives without needing a god in it, while many millions cannot envision a life without a god in it. What is it that a god adds that cannot be lived without?

You have already caught me. grin

First, it is impossible!

Why?

Because, no creation can ever ever acquire all the information and knowledge that would make it know all there is to know about its Creator.

Secondly, to your question, if God should completely abandon us, this world would completely burn in one year as shown by that evil movie called The Purge!

Their won't be any jobs to go to and so called friends are the very same ones rushing in to rape and murder you.
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by LordTheus(m): 6:59pm On Sep 15, 2022
fman:

Mind game. This that the epitome of ya atheism?
I'm not sure you know what mind games mean. Seems you're the confused amateur here
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by fman(m): 7:20pm On Sep 15, 2022
LordTheus:

I'm not sure you know what mind games mean. Seems you're the confused amateur here
Gibberish utterances from a confused atheist....
Who believes that he has attained the level of spiritual awareness!!
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Judas1X: 7:34pm On Sep 15, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:
Because, no creation can ever ever acquire all the information and knowledge that would make it know all there is to know about its Creator.
As usual, you are assuming a Creator here. If you can't provide evidence of this creator, your assertion here is meaningless. cheesy

Secondly, to your question, if God should completely abandon us, this world would completely burn in one year as shown by that evil movie called The Purge!

Their won't be any jobs to go to and so called friends are the very same ones rushing in to rape and murder you.
grin DMumuSpeaker, Its comments like this that reveal your severe cognitive impairment. Contrary to your myopic and uninformed claim, history has proven that it those who are fixated gods and religions that insist on hatred, prejudice and violent conflict.

Have you ever heard of Atheist Crusade or Atheist Jihad?

Religious conflict
Religious intolerance
Religious oppression

These are the things preventing world peace smiley

5 Likes

Re: Honest Question To The Christians by terrezo2002(m): 7:40pm On Sep 15, 2022
Tamaratonye1:
At your discretion -

Etc.

I don't need science to prove to me that there is God or not. Spiritual things are beyond science.
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by LordTheus(m): 7:44pm On Sep 15, 2022
fman:

Gibberish utterances from a confused atheist....
Who believes that he has attained the level of spiritual awareness!!
If you're trying to show me how much of a clueless dimwit you are, then I must admit, you're a natural. I'm impressed. Only it gets boring after a while
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by fman(m): 7:53pm On Sep 15, 2022
LordTheus:

If you're trying to show me how much of a clueless dimwit you are, then I must admit, you're a natural. I'm impressed. Only it gets boring after a while
Your intuitions are betraying ur subconscious impressed emotions!!
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by LordTheus(m): 7:56pm On Sep 15, 2022
fman:

Your intuitions are betraying ur subconscious impressed emotions!!
Let me know when you're done convulsing
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by fman(m): 8:11pm On Sep 15, 2022
LordTheus:

Let me know when you're done convulsing
I rather take ur epileptic words with a pitch of salt than to acknowledge ur supposed exoteric feelings!!!
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by LordTheus(m): 8:53pm On Sep 15, 2022
fman:

I rather take ur epileptic words with a pitch of salt than to acknowledge ur supposed exoteric feelings!!!
It's pinch, not pitch.
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by fman(m): 8:55pm On Sep 15, 2022
LordTheus:

It's pinch, not pitch.
thanks for the correction
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by sonmvayina(m): 9:00pm On Sep 15, 2022
Judas1X:

As usual, you are assuming a Creator here. If you can't provide evidence of this creator, your assertion here is meaningless. cheesy

grin DMumuSpeaker, Its comments like this that reveal your severe cognitive impairment. Contrary to your myopic and uninformed claim, history has proven that it those who are fixated gods and religions that insist on hatred, prejudice and violent conflict.

Have you ever heard of Atheist Crusade or Atheist Jihad?

Religious conflict
Religious intolerance
Religious oppression

These are the things preventing world peace smiley

Dtruthspeaker,.hope you are following?
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by LordTheus(m): 9:04pm On Sep 15, 2022
fman:
thanks for the correction
You're welcome
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Lawag3: 9:29pm On Sep 15, 2022
Tamaratonye1:
At your discretion -

Etc.

It's better to follow God now because if you die and then there is no God then you are safely dead but if there is a God and you die in sin embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by LordTheus(m): 10:42pm On Sep 15, 2022
Lawag3:

It's better to follow God now because if you die and then there is no God then you are safely dead but if there is a God and you die in sin embarassed lipsrsealed
Which God? Yahweh, Allah, Vishnu, Anubis...?

2 Likes

Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Tamaratonye1(f): 11:00pm On Sep 15, 2022
terrezo2002:

I don't need science to prove to me that there is God or not. Spiritual things are beyond science.
Your god is so called because it is interventional, and anything that intervenes in this world, can be studied by that intervention. God, in addition to the rest of your spiritual mumbo jumbo, isn't beyond science, rather, the other way around - the people who came up with gods could have never imagined science.

So how about you answer the hypothetical question, terrezo2002, instead of your unnecessary prevarication and evasion? Or is it a sin - that is, answering hypothetical questions? A mortal one even, like dissing the holy ghost or something? Weird this, how touchy the holy ghost is in particular. Everything else - genocide, raping of babies, burtalising and torturing your "neighbour" - is forgivable, but god forbid someone breathes a single word against the holy ghost. Imagine being this thin-skinned.

Or maybe you're incapable of even imagining a world without a universal father figure? Why is that? Lack of imagination? Or is the notion that one day, all too soon, you will be gone from this universe, forever and ever, utterly forgotten within a couple of generations, if that, just too scary?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Honest Question To The Christians by terrezo2002(m): 11:12pm On Sep 15, 2022
Tamaratonye1:

Your god is so called because it is interventional, and anything that intervenes in this world, can be studied by that intervention. God, in addition to the rest of your spiritual mumbo jumbo, isn't beyond science, rather, the other way around - the people who came up with gods could have never imagined science.

So how about you answer the hypothetical question, terrezo2002, instead of your unnecessary prevarication and evasion? Or is it a sin - that is, answering hypothetical questions? A mortal one even, like dissing the holy ghost or something? Weird this, how touchy the holy ghost is in particular. Everything else - genocide, raping of babies, burtalising and torturing your "neighbour" - is forgivable, but god forbid someone breathes a single word against the holy ghost. Imagine being this thin-skinned.

Or maybe you're incapable of even imagining a world without a universal father figure? Why is that? Lack of imagination? Or is the notion that one day, all too soon, you will be gone from this universe, forever and ever, utterly forgotten within a couple of generations, if that, just too scary?

Why do you sound so disturb because I said Spiritual things are beyond science. Well, the statement is correct. Proving spiritual things to the spiritually blind person is a waste of time because he will not understand. It is like teaching advance mathematics to a new born baby.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Anonyism 101.....asking Meaningless Philosophical Questions / Goshen, Are The Moral Laws Of Moses Still Relevant To Christians Today ? / Is Jesus Christ Jehovah?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.