Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,771 members, 7,817,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Mass Deportation Of Nigerians On Fiverr - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Mass Deportation Of Nigerians On Fiverr (2315 Views)

5 Nigerians On Worlds Richest Black People List!(pics) / GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures / Photos Of Nigerians On Twitter Calling For #endcrazycharges In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mass Deportation Of Nigerians On Fiverr by etebefia: 7:05pm On Mar 08, 2018
The recent mass deportation of Nigerians on the fiverr platform has proven that Nigerians are more than half of the sellers on the platform. I doubt if anybody actually survived the deportation, and that actually got me thinking is it not time some of these Nigerians on fiverr come together to brainstorm and promote similar platform? Fiverr is obviously cooking something for us and I doubt if we'll enjoy it.
Re: Mass Deportation Of Nigerians On Fiverr by BiafranBushBoy: 7:41pm On Mar 08, 2018
How did it happen?
Re: Mass Deportation Of Nigerians On Fiverr by czarina(f): 9:37pm On Mar 08, 2018
Kinda saw this coming. Just pray the crafty minds among us don't think up a silly way to bypass the system again. Any silly trick this time around will have NIGERIANS banned from the platform altogether!

If you live in Jos and environs check my signature cool
Re: Mass Deportation Of Nigerians On Fiverr by tintall(m): 12:23am On Mar 09, 2018
I swear fiverr they madt. I found myself on MMA without notice. cry

1 Like

Re: Mass Deportation Of Nigerians On Fiverr by biztip: 8:27am On Mar 09, 2018
etebefia:
The recent mass deportation of Nigerians on the fiverr platform has proven that Nigerians are more than half of the sellers on the platform. I doubt if anybody actually survived the deportation, and that actually got me thinking is it not time some of these Nigerians on fiverr come together to brainstorm and promote similar platform? Fiverr is obviously cooking something for us and I doubt if we'll enjoy it.
I know a Nigerian who has been on this platform for years BT he doesn't write that he is from naija. I do receive his payments in China for him
Re: Mass Deportation Of Nigerians On Fiverr by Grupo(m): 11:50am On Mar 09, 2018
@OP, how do you intend to come together and promote similar platform? Who is going to be buying from you? Fellow Nigerians that are still looking for daily bread?

Meanwhile, I wasn't deported. But that doesn't mean that I won't be deported some day.

Now, as to fiverr blocking Nigerians totally from the platform, I doubt that is ever going to happen. One thing you don't know is that people from third world countries are actually the ones rending the most services on these freelancing platforms. And Nigerians still constitute the highest number.

Even on upwork, people from third world are the highest sellers. Only few Americans sell services on these freelancing websites. So, I doubt fiverr is going to totally blacklist Nigeria. But that doesn't mean that Nigerians shouldn't be careful though.

2 Likes

Re: Mass Deportation Of Nigerians On Fiverr by czarina(f): 11:52am On Mar 09, 2018
Grupo:
@OP, how do you intend to come together and promote similar platform? Who is going to be buying from you? Fellow Nigerians that are still looking for daily bread?

Meanwhile, I wasn't deported. But that doesn't mean that I won't be deported some day.

Now, as to fiverr blocking Nigerians totally from the platform, I doubt that is ever going to happen. One thing you don't know is that people from third world countries are actually the ones rending the most services on these freelancing platforms. And Nigerians still constitute the highest number.

Even on upwork, people from third world are the highest sellers. Only few Americans sell services on these freelancing websites. So, I doubt fiverr is going to totally blacklist Nigeria. But that doesn't mean that Nigerians shouldn't be careful though.
Issorait
Re: Mass Deportation Of Nigerians On Fiverr by Grupo(m): 11:55am On Mar 09, 2018
czarina:
Issorait

Madam, why are you issoraiting?

Meanwhile, I need a massage with a happy ending. Is that included in your packages?
Re: Mass Deportation Of Nigerians On Fiverr by etebefia: 2:10pm On Mar 09, 2018
Grupo:

Have you checked your profile to confirm that you weren't deported? If true, congrats then.
Re: Mass Deportation Of Nigerians On Fiverr by etebefia: 2:11pm On Mar 09, 2018
Grupo:

Madam, why are you issoraiting?

Meanwhile, I need a massage with a happy ending. Is that included in your packages?
Hopefully it will end well if your pocket is loaded grin grin grin
Re: Mass Deportation Of Nigerians On Fiverr by Grupo(m): 2:24pm On Mar 09, 2018
etebefia:
Hopefully it will end well if your pocket is loaded grin grin grin
LOL. Funny guy
Re: Mass Deportation Of Nigerians On Fiverr by Grupo(m): 2:27pm On Mar 09, 2018
etebefia:
Have you checked your profile to confirm that you weren't deported? If true, congrats then.

I verified my account those days with Google voice number before they blacklisted it. So, I'm still sitting in USA.
But his deportation too much o. The thing come reveal say more than 70% of fiverr sellers na Nigerians. Chai!

If fiverr block Nigeria, unemployment rate go high wella o
Re: Mass Deportation Of Nigerians On Fiverr by twosquare(m): 3:35pm On Mar 09, 2018
Haba guy... grin...Fiverr with more than over three million services listed as at 2012. So, Nigerians took 70% out of it. Funny. Even the overall online freelancers in Nigeria (not on Fiverr now) may not be up to 20,000.
Grupo:

I verified my account those days with Google voice number before they blacklisted it. So, I'm still sitting in USA.
But his deportation too much o. The thing come reveal say more than 70% of fiverr sellers na Nigerians. Chai!

Re: Mass Deportation Of Nigerians On Fiverr by Grupo(m): 3:57pm On Mar 09, 2018
twosquare:
Haba guy... grin...Fiverr with more than over three million services listed as at 2012. So, Nigerians took 70% out of it. Funny. Even the overall online freelancers in Nigeria (not on Fiverr now) may not be up to 20,000.

It is not about services listed. Who listed those services? Remember one person can list 20 services. It seems you are not on fiverr. If you are, just visit any section, open all the gigs in a separate tab and count the number of Nigerians compared to other countries like US, etc.
Re: Mass Deportation Of Nigerians On Fiverr by twosquare(m): 6:13pm On Mar 09, 2018
Grupo:

It is not about services listed. Who listed those services? Remember one person can list 20 services. It seems you are not on fiverr. If you are, just visit any section, open all the gigs in a separate tab and count the number of Nigerians compared to other countries like US, etc.
Except you can pull out a data on this, your assertion is still based on sentiments. I am on Fiverr, and I am saying your assertion is exaggeration.
Re: Mass Deportation Of Nigerians On Fiverr by etebefia: 6:54pm On Mar 09, 2018
Grupo:

Exactly

1 Like

Re: Mass Deportation Of Nigerians On Fiverr by mrphysics(m): 7:02pm On Mar 09, 2018
In writing niche, 99% of sellers are Nigerians. So what is the other guy saying?

(1) (Reply)

Help! Asset Management Company Needed / Incredible! Refrigrator That Can Be Powered By Solar Energy Or Motor Battery / Comandclem Investment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.