Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,400 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

Saudi Arabia Women Learn To Drive Cars(Photos) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Saudi Arabia Women Learn To Drive Cars(Photos) (1608 Views)

Philippines President Crushes $5.6 Million Worth Of Luxury Cars (Photos) / Flash Floods Topple Buildings In Maryland, Wash Away Dozens Of Cars (Photos) / Six Things Women In Saudi Arabia Cannot Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saudi Arabia Women Learn To Drive Cars(Photos) by Explorers(m): 10:43pm On Mar 08, 2018
She climbed into the driver’s seat, put on her seatbelt, found the pedals, released the hand brake and put the car into drive.

Then she took a deep breath, eased her foot off the brake...Oh my God, she said and began doing, for the first time, what women will soon be doing all over Saudi Arabia.

Three and a half months remain before the date when the rulers of this kingdom have promised to lift the longstanding ban on women driving, and many here are already planning for what is sure to be a major change in Saudi society.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/03/05/world/middleeast/saudi-women-drivers.html
https://mobile.reuters.com/news/picture/saudi-women-learn-to-drive-idUSRTS1MLH9?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C7448801727
Lalasticlala Mynd44

Re: Saudi Arabia Women Learn To Drive Cars(Photos) by LeJeun3: 10:45pm On Mar 08, 2018

I need to move my workshop there sha....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saudi Arabia Women Learn To Drive Cars(Photos) by Explorers(m): 10:45pm On Mar 08, 2018
Women’s universities have announced that they plan to open driving schools, and car companies have shifted their ads, seeking to profit from the anticipated flood of new drivers and car buyers in this country of 32 million.

Uber is planning to recruit women to train women who aspire to be Uber drivers, and some dealerships have already set aside shopping hours for women.

Ford, Nissan, Jaguar and even Coca-Cola have sought to capitalize on the buzz around women sliding into the driver’s seat.

Saudi women at Effat University in Jidda took a car safety course for the first time on Monday.

Re: Saudi Arabia Women Learn To Drive Cars(Photos) by Explorers(m): 10:47pm On Mar 08, 2018
As a first lesson, the women were asked to put on goggles that impaired their vision, to understand the effects on driving from medication, drowsiness or drunkenness.

Then they had to pilot a small wheel on the end of a pole across a map on the ground while paying attention to streets, stop signs and pedestrians.

There was also a brief talk about road safety, car accidents and the huge number of them caused by texting at the wheel.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Women Learn To Drive Cars(Photos) by Explorers(m): 10:50pm On Mar 08, 2018
Women sat in the cars while instructors explained their features, the gear shift, the gas and brake pedals, the temperature gauge, the cruise-control buttons, the turn signals and windshield wipers.

At one point, a student sitting in a driver’s seat sprayed the windshield, making all of the other women laugh.

Finally, the instructor told the woman to put her foot on the brake and push the ignition button.

The car roared to life and a smile bloomed on her face.

“All right!” she said, and the other women clapped.

Re: Saudi Arabia Women Learn To Drive Cars(Photos) by timifakay(m): 10:50pm On Mar 08, 2018
See market! Nah panel beater work sure pass oh.
They should have different insurance policy for women in the first few years.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saudi Arabia Women Learn To Drive Cars(Photos) by Treasure17(m): 10:54pm On Mar 08, 2018
Freedom at last. What majority of them had been dreaming of came to reality.
Re: Saudi Arabia Women Learn To Drive Cars(Photos) by Explorers(m): 10:55pm On Mar 08, 2018
A Saudi woman sits in a car during a driving training at a university in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia March 7, 2018.

2 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Women Learn To Drive Cars(Photos) by Explorers(m): 10:58pm On Mar 08, 2018
A Saudi woman leaves a car during a driving training at a university in Jeddah.

They said being able to drive would decrease their reliance on those who have to ferry them around, while putting them in charge of their own schedules.

“I don’t want to drive just to drive,” said Rehab Alhuwaider, 21. “I want to be able to do my daily routine.”

She said she hated it when she wanted to go to the gym in the morning, shopping and had to wait for someone to drop her off.

The best part of driving, she said, would be “feeling more freedom.”

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Women Learn To Drive Cars(Photos) by Explorers(m): 10:59pm On Mar 08, 2018
Women pose for a photo after attending a driving training at a university in Jeddah.

Re: Saudi Arabia Women Learn To Drive Cars(Photos) by Explorers(m): 11:02pm On Mar 08, 2018
Saudi women gestures as they sits in cars during a driving training.

Re: Saudi Arabia Women Learn To Drive Cars(Photos) by Explorers(m): 11:04pm On Mar 08, 2018
Saudi woman smiles as she attends a driving training at a university in Jeddah.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Women Learn To Drive Cars(Photos) by Explorers(m): 11:15pm On Mar 08, 2018
Saudi woman is killed when she crashes into a concrete block while learning to drive before the country lifts its ban on female drivers(2017).

A woman in Saudi Arabia has died in a car accident as she was learning how to drive, less than a week after it was announced that the country is lifting the ban on female drivers.

The incident took place in Jeddah, near the Red Sea, reportedly during the woman's first driving lesson.

Saudi Arabia's King Salman announced that he will be allowing women to drive from June 2018.

Many women in the kingdom, which has banned female motorists for 60 years, have been illegally taking to the road in anticipation.

The husband had been teaching her how to drive in their local neighbourhood when she suddenly sped forward and crashed into a concrete block.

The woman died in the crash and her husband was taken to hospital.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4951096/Saudi-woman-die-car-crash-learning-drive-ban.html
Lalasticlala

Re: Saudi Arabia Women Learn To Drive Cars(Photos) by ipobarecriminals: 11:16pm On Mar 08, 2018
cool pretty ladies

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Women Learn To Drive Cars(Photos) by muhammed50(m): 11:34pm On Mar 08, 2018
Women were created to be conserved... So don't blame Saudi goverment!

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Women Learn To Drive Cars(Photos) by Nobody: 12:04am On Mar 09, 2018
This one just waste chai
Re: Saudi Arabia Women Learn To Drive Cars(Photos) by kalvoken(m): 12:19am On Mar 09, 2018
muhammed50:

Re: Saudi Arabia Women Learn To Drive Cars(Photos) by IsYou: 4:47am On Mar 09, 2018
muhammed50:
I'm not surprised,your name gave me the answer i'm looking for.

4 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Women Learn To Drive Cars(Photos) by HarmonyDee(f): 9:03am On Mar 09, 2018
Beautiful ladies
Enjoy
Re: Saudi Arabia Women Learn To Drive Cars(Photos) by bejeria101(m): 11:53am On Mar 09, 2018
Explorers:
She climbed into the driver’s seat, put on her seatbelt, found the pedals, released the hand brake and put the car into drive.

Then she took a deep breath, eased her foot off the brake...Oh my God, she said and began doing, for the first time, what women will soon be doing all over Saudi Arabia.

Omo na this kind car this women dey learn with? Oluwa! Answer the call o Jesu magbami hehehe

Three and a half months remain before the date when the rulers of this ultra conservative kingdom have promised to lift the longstanding ban on women driving, and many here are already planning for what is sure to be a major change in Saudi society.
Re: Saudi Arabia Women Learn To Drive Cars(Photos) by Nobody: 1:12pm On Mar 09, 2018
Arab women fine ooo

Hello miss! Love to kiss your s$xy lips.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Women Learn To Drive Cars(Photos) by stubbornman(m): 5:14pm On Mar 09, 2018
IsYou:
I'm not surprised,your name gave me the answer i'm looking for.

I GO INSULT YOU OOOOOH angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Women Learn To Drive Cars(Photos) by bejeria101(m): 12:50pm On Mar 10, 2018
Explorers:
Saudi woman is killed when she crashes into a concrete block while learning to drive before the country lifts its ban on female drivers(2017).

A woman in Saudi Arabia has died in a car accident as she was learning how to drive, less than a week after it was announced that the country is lifting the ban on female drivers.

The incident took place in Jeddah, near the Red Sea, reportedly during the woman's first driving lesson.

Saudi Arabia's King Salman announced that he will be allowing women to drive from June 2018.

Many women in the kingdom, which has banned female motorists for 60 years, have been illegally taking to the road in anticipation.

The husband had been teaching her how to drive in their local neighbourhood when she suddenly sped forward and crashed into a concrete block.

The woman died in the crash and her husband was taken to hospital.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4951096/Saudi-woman-die-car-crash-learning-drive-ban.html
Lalasticlala

Just as when the ban wants to be lifted,then this happens,hope they wont use it as an excuse to hold on to the driving ban.
#explorerrocks
Re: Saudi Arabia Women Learn To Drive Cars(Photos) by Explorers(m): 1:34pm On Mar 10, 2018
bejeria101:

Just as when the ban wants to be lifted,then this happens,hope they wont use it as an excuse to hold on to the driving ban.
#explorerrocks

Yea, but i think she died of shock because the damage on the car is not that much.

She's a lady learning

Female driver accident occurs everywhere, even in the United States where ladies have been driving for decades.

I pray they lift the ban and free these ladies.

3 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Women Learn To Drive Cars(Photos) by bejeria101(m): 4:49pm On Mar 10, 2018
Explorers:

Yea, but i think she died of shock because the damage on the car is not that much.

She's a lady learning

Female driver accident occurs everywhere, even in the United States where ladies have been driving for decades.

I pray they lift the ban and free these ladies.

They should ban nigerian women joor! What i saw on my way home! Even stevie wonder wont drive that way hehehe
Re: Saudi Arabia Women Learn To Drive Cars(Photos) by Bari22: 7:21pm On Mar 11, 2018
Good for them

(1) (Reply)

Ukranians Protesting That USA Should Leave Their Country / Iran: "Israel Has Been Totally Defeated " (pics) / Britain Faces Shortage Of Qualified Engineers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.