Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Trump Agrees To Meet Kim Jong Un In May - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump Agrees To Meet Kim Jong Un In May (16337 Views)

Ri Sol-ju: Meet Kim Jong-un's Wife Who Is A Former Cheerleader [PHOTOS] / Illegal Photos Of North Korea That Kim Jong Un Doesn’t Want You To See / Donald Trump 'Sentenced To Death' By North Korea For Insulting Kim Jong Un (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trump Agrees To Meet Kim Jong Un In May by Throwback: 11:54am On Mar 09, 2018
Akinwerndey:
with the way Trump get criticized daily by CNN and co, he's doing things Obama could not in his wildest dreams! seriously Trump is a force to recon with.

Obama dare not.

When he talked about Iran during the campaign in 2008, he was almost lampooned by the likes of Donald Trump.

When he mended fences with Cuba, the likes of Donald Trump were fuming.

That is why I would always urge any leader to forge ahead with the policy agenda that you believe in without regard to useless noise of opposition from those who have no power to stop you.

2 Likes

Re: Trump Agrees To Meet Kim Jong Un In May by AntiWailer: 11:56am On Mar 09, 2018
obixcel:
What the fake media will not tell you or admit to is that

President Trump's pressure on Kim and North Korea as a whole is working (Sanctions and tougher stances) - and some were saying he was about going to war (possibly nuclear) with NK and that he was mentally deranged?. This man is intelligent, too smart, knows and plays the game at a higher level than the so called average politicians in Washington., and most importantly he knows how to get things done. What may come out of the meeting? we can never tell, but he's on track. All we want is PEACE at the end of the day. Hate him or love him Yes! he is unfiltered and not politically correct, but he loves his country and only wants what is best for it. If only our politicians can take a cue from this.

Pressure like all the abuse on Un ?

See South Korea knew the impact of leaving their destiny to US and did the right thing.
Re: Trump Agrees To Meet Kim Jong Un In May by obixcel(m): 11:57am On Mar 09, 2018
Akinwerndey:
with the way Trump get criticized daily by CNN and co, he's doing things Obama could not in his wildest dreams! seriously Trump is a force to recon with.
Exactly, while they (MSM) keep underestimating him as they did prior to the 2016 elections, he is breaking positive records and far achieving things his predecessors would only dream of

2 Likes

Re: Trump Agrees To Meet Kim Jong Un In May by obixcel(m): 11:58am On Mar 09, 2018
Akinwerndey:
Re: Trump Agrees To Meet Kim Jong Un In May by obixcel(m): 12:00pm On Mar 09, 2018
AntiWailer:

Pressure like all the abuse on Un ?

See South Korea knew the impact of leaving their destiny to US and did the right thing.
Economic sanctions
Re: Trump Agrees To Meet Kim Jong Un In May by Akinwerndey: 12:00pm On Mar 09, 2018
Throwback:

Obama dare not.

When he talked about Iran during Tue campaign
has the Iran deal succeeded in terminating the nuclear arsenals in that country or stop them from sponsoring terrorism? mind you Kim jun Un is the one who is proposing this negotiation and he is the man on the floor trying to find his feet. in other words he is in the weaker position of negotiations with Trump and South Korea massively going dictate the term of the agreement if it holds.

2 Likes

Re: Trump Agrees To Meet Kim Jong Un In May by Throwback: 12:02pm On Mar 09, 2018
Akinwerndey:
has the Iran deal succeeded in terminating the nuclear arsenals in that country or stop them from sponsoring terrorism? mind Kim jun Un is this proposed negotiation is the man on the floor trying to find his feet. in other words he is in the weaker position of negotiations with Trump and South Korea massively going dictate the term of the agreement if it holds.

Did you celebrate Obama for normalising relations with Cuba, when he opined that all sanctions levelled against Cuba by previous US regimes were useless so far?
Re: Trump Agrees To Meet Kim Jong Un In May by Fadiga24(m): 12:05pm On Mar 09, 2018
RexEmmyGee:
For Donald Trump to meet North Korea Leaders means something is wrong. Nuclear warheads in Korea is greater than that of USA.

That's the simple truth

North Korea warheads is not up to that of China or Russia you must be dreaming.

2 Likes

Re: Trump Agrees To Meet Kim Jong Un In May by Akinwerndey: 12:07pm On Mar 09, 2018
Throwback:

Did you celebrate Obama for normalising relations with Cuba, when he opined that all sanctions levelled against Cuba by previous US regimes were useless so far?
i was indifferent about it
Re: Trump Agrees To Meet Kim Jong Un In May by AntiWailer: 12:07pm On Mar 09, 2018
obixcel:
Economic sanctions

There has always been economic sanctions in place.

South Korea initiated the peace move because they know they guy now have enough weapons to destroy them.

I pray the peace move work.
Re: Trump Agrees To Meet Kim Jong Un In May by obixcel(m): 12:13pm On Mar 09, 2018
AntiWailer:

There has always been economic sanctions in place.

South Korea initiated the peace move because they know they guy now have enough weapons to destroy them.

I pray the peace move work.
So SK told Kim to go meet President Trump, and you were there? hahaha
Re: Trump Agrees To Meet Kim Jong Un In May by obixcel(m): 12:16pm On Mar 09, 2018
Akinwerndey:
has the Iran deal succeeded in terminating the nuclear arsenals in that country or stop them from sponsoring terrorism? mind Kim jun Un is this proposed negotiation is the man on the floor trying to find his feet. in other words he is in the weaker position of negotiations with Trump and South Korea massively going dictate the term of the agreement if it holds.
Let's put this into context, Report has it that two weeks ago The South Korean press reported that North Korea were on the edge of financial bankruptcy, and by October their foreign exchange may be exhausted. What that means is that with that likely to happen, NK will not be able to fund her missile nd nuclear program, or even feed her citizen. Add this to the ever increasing and constant US economic sanctions which are still under effect

2 Likes

Re: Trump Agrees To Meet Kim Jong Un In May by dheilaw1(m): 12:18pm On Mar 09, 2018
Shedrack777:
i don't believe this! if you've said it's kim jong un that agrees to meet trump, i'll have agreed. but not the other way round
so CNN and d rest media giants are lying.this is how many people still won't believe it when buhari wins in 2019
Re: Trump Agrees To Meet Kim Jong Un In May by Throwback: 12:22pm On Mar 09, 2018
Akinwerndey:
i was indifferent about it

OK!

I hope you and fellow Trump supporters would remember that the North Korea that has requested that Trump meet with her, is still a communist country where the peoples have no freedom whatsoever. It is the most policed state in the whole world. It is also a state that intends to actively pursue by violence, the annexation of South Korea, an American ally.

While America remains the bastion of Democracy that must not be soiled by a village WHITE man, who should remember that America must stick by its allies and not fraternize with an enemy of its ally.

I hope you can read the finer meaning of my words while reflecting on the Obama presidency.

1 Like

Re: Trump Agrees To Meet Kim Jong Un In May by bankylan: 12:30pm On Mar 09, 2018
RexEmmyGee:
For Donald Trump to meet North Korea Leaders means something is wrong. Nuclear warheads in Korea is greater than that of USA.

That's the simple truth

The meeting is at the plea of North Korea as they are bleeding. North Korea can not do anything to the US.....US is only being mindful of his South Korea ally. North Korea is ready to give up her nuclear ambition as they see US/South Korea yearly joint military exercise as a prelude to invasion. US and South Korea has a perfected ploy to invade should there be an immediate need. North Korea has no air defence and they know that they are very susceptible to aerial bombardments and they know that a nuclear war is not an option for them as US will obliterate them within hours.

I am a student of international politics and I follow the situation in the Korean Peninsula....The truth is that there is hunger and death on North Korea............South Korea due to her friendship with US has given the world, Samsung, LG, Daewoo, Hyundai, Cosmestic surgery and many more....Are you aware of the numbers of North Koreans defecting to the South?

3 Likes

Re: Trump Agrees To Meet Kim Jong Un In May by Chukazu: 12:40pm On Mar 09, 2018
Trump is making America great again!

Sanctions are working after all.

Tariff has been imposed on Solar import

More tariff on imported steel from Canada and EU, America won't be a dumbing ground again

Car companies have decided to build more cars at home

Hillary Clinton and her CNN propagandist won't give Trump the credit he deserves

The Economy is growing !

2 Likes

Re: Trump Agrees To Meet Kim Jong Un In May by maisauki: 12:55pm On Mar 09, 2018
d dotard wants to meet d....
Re: Trump Agrees To Meet Kim Jong Un In May by frugal(m): 12:58pm On Mar 09, 2018
When you seek to live in peace with your neighbours, you prosper. Just look at how prosperous South Korea, China, et al. are.

Baby steps...they'll get there.
Re: Trump Agrees To Meet Kim Jong Un In May by bakaredc: 12:58pm On Mar 09, 2018
I highly doubt the possibility of the two of them meeting in person, knowing they are both 'arrogant' individuals....

1 Like

Re: Trump Agrees To Meet Kim Jong Un In May by tenmariner: 1:06pm On Mar 09, 2018
Akinwerndey:

Osama Bin Laden was on d united stated list for terrorism close to 18 years.. He was brought down under Obama regime.
Re: Trump Agrees To Meet Kim Jong Un In May by correctguy101(m): 1:13pm On Mar 09, 2018
Shedrack777:
i don't believe this! if you've said it's kim jong un that agrees to meet trump, i'll have agreed. but not the other way round

The more and more sanctions on North Korea is at work here. It hasn't been easy in a world dominated by the US and it's allies.

So take it, Kim is having a rethink on his position. But believe me, the fat bastard has a lot of those baby nukes stored away somewhere and his team of researchers have successfully completed the research on different bionukes. Only test that would be run after the meeting would be reachability of any and all missiles and nukes shot from any containing silos anywhere they've successfully hidden them.

It's politics, only the most violent rule. Your power is measured on how much damage you can cause if made angry.
Re: Trump Agrees To Meet Kim Jong Un In May by princejenks(m): 1:39pm On Mar 09, 2018
gcey2k:
Departure from previous thinking

But a host of questions lingered over Trump's remarkable decision, which signaled a break with the administration's thinking just days -- even hours -- earlier.

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson told reporters traveling with him in Ethiopia earlier on Thursday that the US was "a long way from negotiations."
"In terms of direct talks with the United States, and you asked negotiations, we're a long way from negotiations. We just need to be very clear-eyed and realistic about it," Tillerson said.
Trump's approach to North Korea has wavered between bellicose rhetoric and expressions of openness to diplomacy -- with the President saying one day that the US would rain "fire and fury" on North Korea and then saying he would consider speaking directly with the country's leader under the right circumstances.

On the campaign trail he signaled more than once that he would be open to direct talks, but more recently belittled Tillerson's attempts to bring Kim to the negotiating table.
"I told Rex Tillerson, our wonderful Secretary of State, that he is wasting his time trying to negotiate with Little Rocket Man," he tweeted back in October.

The White House did not say why it had changed its calculus toward North Korea by agreeing to talks without "concrete steps toward denuclearization."

But a senior administration official said Trump had accepted Kim's invitation to meet because "it makes sense to accept an invitation to meet with the one person who can actually make decisions," even though past US-North Korea talks have taken place at a lower level.

"President Trump was elected in part because he is willing to do -- take approaches very, very different from past approaches and past presidents. That couldn't be better exemplified in his North Korea policy," the official said Thursday evening.

The official added that "President Trump has made his reputation on making deals" and Kim "is the one person who is able to make decisions under their authoritarian -- or totalitarian -- system."
that's carrot and stick approach,you should always negotiate with an enemy from a point of strength or advantage not from weakness like we do over here. You should keep ur enemies guessing on your true strategies but be very clear about your motives
Re: Trump Agrees To Meet Kim Jong Un In May by princejenks(m): 1:43pm On Mar 09, 2018
You can call Trump all sorts of names but he sure seems to be delivering on his promises one after the other,America first.

1 Like

Re: Trump Agrees To Meet Kim Jong Un In May by Expl0rers: 1:43pm On Mar 09, 2018
i pray this works for NK. the people have suffered a lot

Re: Trump Agrees To Meet Kim Jong Un In May by Johnayoola(m): 1:56pm On Mar 09, 2018
tenmariner:

Osama Bin Laden was on d united stated list for terrorism close to 18 years.. He was brought down under Obama regime.
give credit to years of intelligence gathering n boots on ground not obama
Re: Trump Agrees To Meet Kim Jong Un In May by Timoleon(m): 2:01pm On Mar 09, 2018
Shedrack777:

in truth, you wrote well. From anything we know. Kim is no joke. To be a dictator is no joke either. he definitely can't be eager to meet trump. it will cause uneasiness amongst his people.The story had to be the other way round.
Re: Trump Agrees To Meet Kim Jong Un In May by obixcel(m): 2:13pm On Mar 09, 2018
Timoleon:

in truth, you wrote well. From anything we know. Kim is no joke. To be a dictator is no joke either. he definitely can't be eager to meet trump. it will cause uneasiness amongst his people.The story had to be the other way round.
Does it really matter who agrees? The fact is they've agreed to meet, but what would come out of the meeting and the thereafter is the point of debate. This is a historic twist most didn't expect to happen, now it's about to happen. If President Trump pulls this off and totally denuclearise NK without throwing the ''hail Mary'' or giving of any bribes or economic incentives to NK (which had never and would never work) he will go down as a legendary President.
Re: Trump Agrees To Meet Kim Jong Un In May by Jacktheripper: 2:14pm On Mar 09, 2018
Of the two, Trump still remains the alpha male.
Re: Trump Agrees To Meet Kim Jong Un In May by Nobody: 2:15pm On Mar 09, 2018
This Kim style na tactics,. Make him (trump) feel like a king and hit him on the head......dead
Re: Trump Agrees To Meet Kim Jong Un In May by hopilo: 2:23pm On Mar 09, 2018
Shedrack777:
Na pride be your problem. The both want peace and anyone could be the initiator. Kim UN initiate the meeting, Trump obliged.
Re: Trump Agrees To Meet Kim Jong Un In May by Timoleon(m): 2:29pm On Mar 09, 2018
obixcel:
Does it really matter who agrees? The fact is they've agreed to meet, but what would come out of the meeting and the thereafter is the point of debate. This is a historic twist most didn't expect to happen, now it's about to happen. If President Trump pulls this off and totally denuclearise NK without throwing the ''hail Mary'' or giving of any bribes or economic incentives to NK (which had never and would never work) he will go down as a legendary President.

In your own church mind, From Kim Jong UN's Countenance, do you think he will agree to a denuclearization? Be sincere. in my own mind, o believe that he would rather be an Assad than denuclearize.
Re: Trump Agrees To Meet Kim Jong Un In May by obixcel(m): 2:34pm On Mar 09, 2018
Timoleon:

In your own church mind, From Kim Jong UN's Countenance, do you think he will agree to a denuclearization? Be sincere. in my own mind, o believe that he would rather be an Assad than denuclearize.
I'm not in Kim's mind to know that, neither are you. So instead of concluding so early why not let them have their meeting and we'll see what happens.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Paypal/payoneer Shuts Down Its Services In Russia Citing Ukraine Aggression / "Real Coup Plotters Are Sit-tight Leaders Who Manipulate Constitutions"-doumbouy / UK To Send Long-range Rocket Artillery To Ukraine Despite Russian Threats.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.