Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,845 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:35 PM

Torn And Worn Out N100 In Circulation, A Deliberate Act By The Banks? Photo - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Torn And Worn Out N100 In Circulation, A Deliberate Act By The Banks? Photo (20421 Views)

Torn And Dirty New Naira Notes Just 24 Hours After Release ( Photos) / 15-Year-Old ₦‎500 Note Currently In Circulation (Pictured) / 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Torn And Worn Out N100 In Circulation, A Deliberate Act By The Banks? Photo by OhiOfIhima: 8:55am On Mar 09, 2018
Walahi, The tin has being on 4 long. I do complain b4 but now as you give me I pass it on.
Re: Torn And Worn Out N100 In Circulation, A Deliberate Act By The Banks? Photo by ipobarecriminals: 8:55am On Mar 09, 2018
compare the 50k,one naira of those days to d nonsense nowadays. Nor. be d same Niagra we dey b4
Re: Torn And Worn Out N100 In Circulation, A Deliberate Act By The Banks? Photo by CharlieMaria(m): 8:56am On Mar 09, 2018
CBN should do something ASAP
Re: Torn And Worn Out N100 In Circulation, A Deliberate Act By The Banks? Photo by adebayo201: 8:57am On Mar 09, 2018
Omo see paralyzed money!

If you cant give me two-#50 or 5-#20, return my money.

It's a shame on CBN and other banks. The masses are the ones suffering from this.
Re: Torn And Worn Out N100 In Circulation, A Deliberate Act By The Banks? Photo by Otamayomi1(f): 8:57am On Mar 09, 2018
The thing tire me.
Lagos state even worse.
Those conductors and petty traders come become rude for #100 matter.
Re: Torn And Worn Out N100 In Circulation, A Deliberate Act By The Banks? Photo by Keywordconcept(m): 8:58am On Mar 09, 2018
Lol

Check my signature to earn passively.
Re: Torn And Worn Out N100 In Circulation, A Deliberate Act By The Banks? Photo by OnyiloG: 9:00am On Mar 09, 2018
I'm tired of the embarrassment associated with 100 note of a thing. I thought it's only in circulation within my region.
I hope it's not an attempt to worsen the economy the more.
God will help us in Jesus name

1 Like

Re: Torn And Worn Out N100 In Circulation, A Deliberate Act By The Banks? Photo by Lomprico2: 9:00am On Mar 09, 2018
cremedelacreme:
This new centenary 100 naira note is rubbish. It gets mutilated and torn easily. The old one was far better. CBN should mop up the useless centenary note and reintroduce the old one. angry

Check very well u hardly see the centenary notes, its d old one that is haggard that is everywhere.
Re: Torn And Worn Out N100 In Circulation, A Deliberate Act By The Banks? Photo by RZArecta2(m): 9:00am On Mar 09, 2018
Dirty 100 naira notes all over Ph

1 Like

Re: Torn And Worn Out N100 In Circulation, A Deliberate Act By The Banks? Photo by yousouph07(m): 9:02am On Mar 09, 2018
Its pathetic
Re: Torn And Worn Out N100 In Circulation, A Deliberate Act By The Banks? Photo by Nobody: 9:04am On Mar 09, 2018
100 naira notes are scarce in my area, now I see Why
Re: Torn And Worn Out N100 In Circulation, A Deliberate Act By The Banks? Photo by Activeman391(m): 9:04am On Mar 09, 2018
Was in Abuja recently..torn 100 notes seem is now the widely accepted fresh dollar bill
Re: Torn And Worn Out N100 In Circulation, A Deliberate Act By The Banks? Photo by HarryDuce(m): 9:09am On Mar 09, 2018
I think sey na only me dey notice am sef. I even got curious and started checking the year any #100 note I come across was printed. and I didn't see any one from 2015 upwards. Is it that CBN have stopped printing new notes or what

1 Like

Re: Torn And Worn Out N100 In Circulation, A Deliberate Act By The Banks? Photo by ORIGENAL(m): 9:10am On Mar 09, 2018
ipobarecriminals:
sad nah like dis d bank issue u d money?Nah bank dey squeeze. am for checking point, fold am inside bra.,trampled on it during owambe,fold it in danfo,scribe Ko ni da fun kasali,Of cus nah bank dey use scissors cut am,use diff tape am..We Niagrans are lawless
u don talk finish?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Torn And Worn Out N100 In Circulation, A Deliberate Act By The Banks? Photo by gdonmylife(m): 9:10am On Mar 09, 2018
ipobarecriminals:
sad nah like dis d bank issue u d money?Nah bank dey squeeze. am for checking point, fold am inside bra.,trampled on it during owambe,fold it in danfo,scribe Ko ni da fun kasali,Of cus nah bank dey use scissors cut am,use diff tape am..We Niagrans are lawless
Your head dey there. No mind Nigerians

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Torn And Worn Out N100 In Circulation, A Deliberate Act By The Banks? Photo by iamolatunay(m): 9:11am On Mar 09, 2018
Honestly for a while now I Neva see beta #100...and e dy vex me die...even #50 now done start to join small small

1 Like

Re: Torn And Worn Out N100 In Circulation, A Deliberate Act By The Banks? Photo by KanuJEWSarePIGS: 9:14am On Mar 09, 2018
Lomprico2:
A taxi driver told me its deliberate by buhari n CBN. They seize any of the new GEJ printed 100 naira notes that enters cbn hands. They want the new note GEJ printed to fizzle out so that they can print a new set that will carry that arabic inscription. You know that that new 100 naira note is the only currency without that inscription.

Akiikah!

Lies!

An Imaginary taxi driver.

Most taxi drivers are way sensible to have dished out such a petty lie.

Anyway, IPOB ANIMALS have always appeared elementary in thoughts.
Re: Torn And Worn Out N100 In Circulation, A Deliberate Act By The Banks? Photo by Handsomecole(m): 9:16am On Mar 09, 2018
It's worse here in Abuja.
Re: Torn And Worn Out N100 In Circulation, A Deliberate Act By The Banks? Photo by maasoap(m): 9:20am On Mar 09, 2018
ipobarecriminals:
You have a point there but currency notes are supposed to be removed in circulation after certain period of time and new ones released. When was the last time you saw new ones or are we supposed to continue pass old naira notes around indefinitely and still expecting them not to wear out and tear?

1 Like

Re: Torn And Worn Out N100 In Circulation, A Deliberate Act By The Banks? Photo by bluegrass07: 9:21am On Mar 09, 2018
tivta:

the bank wont accept it

I doubt that. . .
Re: Torn And Worn Out N100 In Circulation, A Deliberate Act By The Banks? Photo by maasoap(m): 9:26am On Mar 09, 2018
kimjongJezebel:
I can't remember the last time I saw new N100 note. The ones with me are all badly mutilated and people have rejected them. Funny thing is, the banks too refused to collect them. What type of country is this?

When I was younger and in the village, there was a First Bank branch close to our house, periodically, I will noticed some people are employed to sort out mutilated bank notes from good ones. The mutilated ones are then sent to the CBN who will then give the bank new notes. Why are banks not doing it again and why is CBN not dealing with any useless bank that refuses to do this?

My Zambia friends recently mock me and my country when he came visiting and unfortunately was repeatedly giving mutilated bank notes esp N100 on different occasions as balance for stuffs he bought. SMH for this country
Good question there. I learned that for every box of dirty, worn out and torn money sent to the CBN by the banks, there is certain amount of fee to be paid to CBN by commercial banks that sent it. And as you know with capitalists, everyone would naturally want to run away from extra costs. It is always about more profits. They are declaring increased profits every year, yet they kept sacking more and more workers.

2 Likes

Re: Torn And Worn Out N100 In Circulation, A Deliberate Act By The Banks? Photo by mvem(m): 9:28am On Mar 09, 2018
TourismMan:
Who else is witnessing this trending circulation of torn and worn out N100 notes within the economy? When last did you see or touch a clean N100 note? How is the situation in your area? I think this act is rather frustrating because they've been so much arguments from people when either making payment for something or receiving a balance after paying for something and the transaction involves N100 note.

What you would mostly hear is, "oga or madam, abeg change this one. Nobody go gree collect me this one". Lol
...na our fault...why select money...if d market woman is ready to take the money and someone is ready to take it from the market woman then there is no issue...why selecting money based on which one dey old or new...money is money even cellotaped
Re: Torn And Worn Out N100 In Circulation, A Deliberate Act By The Banks? Photo by maasoap(m): 9:30am On Mar 09, 2018
bluegrass07:

I doubt that. . .
Nigeria banks do reject money that are not counterfeit bro. The reason is that they know that other customers will not collect it from them and they themselves are not ready to send it to CBN for the reason I posted earlier.

1 Like

Re: Torn And Worn Out N100 In Circulation, A Deliberate Act By The Banks? Photo by mvem(m): 9:31am On Mar 09, 2018
Lomprico2:
A taxi driver told me its deliberate by buhari n CBN. They seize any of the new GEJ printed 100 naira notes that enters cbn hands. They want the new note GEJ printed to fizzle out so that they can print a new set that will carry that arabic inscription. You know that that new 100 naira note is the only currency without that inscription.
...there is nothing u wont hear in this country...Oh!
Re: Torn And Worn Out N100 In Circulation, A Deliberate Act By The Banks? Photo by ipobarecriminals: 9:31am On Mar 09, 2018
maasoap:

You have a point there but currency notes are supposed to be removed in circulation after certain period of time and new ones released. When was the last time you saw new ones or are we supposed to continue pass old naira notes around indefinitely and still expecting them not to wear out and tear?
That won't change anything. We knw our lifestyle here.The same pipu will use their teeth to bite/cut it in d name of disappear.Compare the 50k and 1 naira of those days to nowadays currency. Nothing work here jare
Re: Torn And Worn Out N100 In Circulation, A Deliberate Act By The Banks? Photo by maasoap(m): 9:32am On Mar 09, 2018
mvem:
...na our fault...why select money...if d market woman is ready to take the money and someone is ready to take it from the market woman then there is no issue...why selecting money based on which one dey old or new...money is money even cellotaped
These money can't be in circulation for ever. Some naira notes are so dirty that you will be afraid of contracting diseases by handling them because they have been in circulation far more than they are supposed to be.

1 Like

Re: Torn And Worn Out N100 In Circulation, A Deliberate Act By The Banks? Photo by maxwell767(m): 9:33am On Mar 09, 2018
Lomprico2:
I see a reason in what u said....

Hummmm...

1 Like

Re: Torn And Worn Out N100 In Circulation, A Deliberate Act By The Banks? Photo by maasoap(m): 9:34am On Mar 09, 2018
ipobarecriminals:
That won't change anything. We knw our lifestyle here.The same pipu will use their teeth to bite/cut it in d name of disappear.Compare the 50k and 1 naira of those days to nowadays currency. Nothing work here jare
Nothing work here and that's why paper money printed over five years ago won't leave circulation for new ones.
And most especially, lower denominations are supposed to be changed frequently because they are passed around more frequently and are expected to wear and tear more frequently.

1 Like

Re: Torn And Worn Out N100 In Circulation, A Deliberate Act By The Banks? Photo by Coldfeets: 9:43am On Mar 09, 2018
Wetin kwansign me?

eBanking till the end!
Re: Torn And Worn Out N100 In Circulation, A Deliberate Act By The Banks? Photo by Neurotika: 9:45am On Mar 09, 2018
maasoap:

Good question there. I learned that for every box of dirty, worn out and torn money sent to the CBN by the banks, there is certain amount of fee to be paid to CBN by commercial banks that sent it. And as you know with capitalists, everyone would naturally want to run away from extra costs. It is always about more profits. They are declaring increased profits every year, yet they kept sacking more and more workers.

CBN wants these dirty currencies sorted before receiving them from banks. Banks incur fees for not sorting them when returning them to CBN. The process of sorting these dirty and mutilated cash is manual and Labour intensive. And banks aren't ready to employ more staffs for an unproductive activity. So they prefer putting the dirty cash back into circulation.

1 Like

Re: Torn And Worn Out N100 In Circulation, A Deliberate Act By The Banks? Photo by Hemjayy: 9:46am On Mar 09, 2018
three:
We should ask the CBN why it isn't recalling these notes and issuing fresh ones.

What happened to the budget for printing currency?

What is the National Security Printing and Minting Company doing?

Buhari - destroyer of worlds

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/naira-scarcity-cbn-fails-to-print-small-denominations-in-1-year/

Destroy of Worlds

Someone has been watching too much of Agents of Shield

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Minister Of Agriculture, Desmond Elliot, Others At The Tingo Foods Facility Lau / Productive Business He Can Start With 30K As A Student / Cashless Policy Will Only Affect 10% Of Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.