Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,785 members, 7,831,541 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Torn And Worn Out N100 In Circulation, A Deliberate Act By The Banks? Photo - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Torn And Worn Out N100 In Circulation, A Deliberate Act By The Banks? Photo (20446 Views)

Torn And Dirty New Naira Notes Just 24 Hours After Release ( Photos) / 15-Year-Old ₦‎500 Note Currently In Circulation (Pictured) / 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Torn And Worn Out N100 In Circulation, A Deliberate Act By The Banks? Photo by Gabriel6(m): 9:51am On Mar 09, 2018
i work in a bet9ja company and i can't remember when last i was given 100 naira note that is not torn

1 Like

Re: Torn And Worn Out N100 In Circulation, A Deliberate Act By The Banks? Photo by agarawu23(m): 9:55am On Mar 09, 2018
Even in owanbe parties, no #100 new notes again.
Re: Torn And Worn Out N100 In Circulation, A Deliberate Act By The Banks? Photo by eluquenson(m): 9:56am On Mar 09, 2018
The issue lies with the federal government, they are incharge of printing and minting of notes but subject to CBN instructions

2 Likes

Re: Torn And Worn Out N100 In Circulation, A Deliberate Act By The Banks? Photo by Nobody: 9:57am On Mar 09, 2018
kimjongJezebel:
When I was younger and in the village, there was a First Bank branch close to our house, periodically, I will noticed some people are employed to sort out mutilated bank notes from good ones. The mutilated ones are then sent to the CBN who will then give the bank new notes. Why are banks not doing it again and why is CBN not dealing with any useless bank that refuses to do this?

They are not doing it again because CBN now charge them high for mutilated notes. CBN cannot deal with them because they are the cause.

Don't blame the banks when they reject mutilated notes, blame CBN.
Re: Torn And Worn Out N100 In Circulation, A Deliberate Act By The Banks? Photo by jackobi(m): 9:59am On Mar 09, 2018
the matter tire me

1 Like

Re: Torn And Worn Out N100 In Circulation, A Deliberate Act By The Banks? Photo by bmfarm: 10:00am On Mar 09, 2018
Thought I was the only one receiving it

1 Like

Re: Torn And Worn Out N100 In Circulation, A Deliberate Act By The Banks? Photo by Emycord: 10:12am On Mar 09, 2018
cremedelacreme:
This new centenary 100 naira note is rubbish. It gets mutilated and torn easily. The old one was far better. CBN should mop up the useless centenary note and reintroduce the old one. angry
RUBBISH SEE THEM . THATS THE SAME WAY NIGERIAN'S WILL REJECT BUHARI NEXT YEAR. THOUGHT YOU SAID THE CENTENARY ONES GETS TORN EASILY HOW COME ITS ACTUALLY THE TORN ARABIC ONES THAT ARE IN CIRCULATION LIKE YOUR LYING PROPHET YOU GUYS LIE MORE THAN SATAN
Re: Torn And Worn Out N100 In Circulation, A Deliberate Act By The Banks? Photo by Sunkyphil(m): 10:18am On Mar 09, 2018
yesterday i was delayed for over 15minutes because of #100
Re: Torn And Worn Out N100 In Circulation, A Deliberate Act By The Banks? Photo by IronPants: 10:29am On Mar 09, 2018
Lomprico2:
A taxi driver told me its deliberate by buhari n CBN. They seize any of the new GEJ printed 100 naira notes that enters cbn hands. They want the new note GEJ printed to fizzle out so that they can print a new set that will carry that arabic inscription. You know that that new 100 naira note is the only currency without that inscription.
This is exactly my theory and it's not far from the truth bro. You just aired my view 100 %

1 Like

Re: Torn And Worn Out N100 In Circulation, A Deliberate Act By The Banks? Photo by bedfordng(m): 10:38am On Mar 09, 2018
hmmm
Re: Torn And Worn Out N100 In Circulation, A Deliberate Act By The Banks? Photo by issyeddy1: 10:39am On Mar 09, 2018
The issue tired me a lot
Re: Torn And Worn Out N100 In Circulation, A Deliberate Act By The Banks? Photo by Dgreatest496(m): 10:39am On Mar 09, 2018
i just dont know that im not the only one observing this , i barely fight my brother over the issue of this #100 something has to be done
Re: Torn And Worn Out N100 In Circulation, A Deliberate Act By The Banks? Photo by Chukazu: 10:42am On Mar 09, 2018
There's a particular year some CBN officials were indicted for reintroducing mutilated currency (meant for destruction) into circulation and nothing came out of that trial

That seems to be exactly what is happening.this obviously are money meant for destruction but somebody had managed to bring them back for use and Buhari's government is doing nothing
Re: Torn And Worn Out N100 In Circulation, A Deliberate Act By The Banks? Photo by Originalsly: 10:54am On Mar 09, 2018
Hmmm....it must be that the notes were printed on a poorer quality paper. "Money paper" is supposed to be a special paper made for that purpose only.... a very tough paper that can withstand much handling, dirt, grease, sweat, rain, be washed in washing machine,etc....it shouldn't become raggedy so easily...the paper is not up to standard.
@Banks.... banks are supposed to take bad notes out of circulation. If they are not doing so..... then they may be passing on counterfeit notes as well....or even putting counterfeit notes into circulation.
Re: Torn And Worn Out N100 In Circulation, A Deliberate Act By The Banks? Photo by Lomprico2: 11:17am On Mar 09, 2018
KanuJEWSarePIGS:

Akiikah!

Lies!

An Imaginary taxi driver.

Most taxi drivers are way sensible to have dished out such a petty lie.

Anyway, IPOB ANIMALS have always appeared elementary in thoughts.

You think all taxi drivers are as illiterate and dumb as you are?
Re: Torn And Worn Out N100 In Circulation, A Deliberate Act By The Banks? Photo by Mcreloaded(m): 11:25am On Mar 09, 2018
If the CBN does not add value to ournaira notes by mopping the worn out notes from circulation how can our naira have value compared to the dollar on an international level.
Charity begins t home.
Please CBN give our naira more value by doing the needful
Re: Torn And Worn Out N100 In Circulation, A Deliberate Act By The Banks? Photo by Tmans1: 11:47am On Mar 09, 2018
It's everywhere. Just tired
Re: Torn And Worn Out N100 In Circulation, A Deliberate Act By The Banks? Photo by Nobody: 11:51am On Mar 09, 2018
I discovered I haven't see the 100note in a long time and the ones I came across are so bad.
Re: Torn And Worn Out N100 In Circulation, A Deliberate Act By The Banks? Photo by Yemi7up: 12:34pm On Mar 09, 2018
ipobarecriminals:
sad nah like dis d bank issue u d money?Nah bank dey squeeze. am for checking point, fold am inside bra.,trampled on it during owambe,fold it in danfo,scribe Ko ni da fun kasali,Of cus nah bank dey use scissors cut am,use diff tape am..We Niagrans are lawless
If you are not a trader and you get your change from banks you will won't believe banks give out this money.
Re: Torn And Worn Out N100 In Circulation, A Deliberate Act By The Banks? Photo by lordcenred(m): 12:45pm On Mar 09, 2018
Let's start a campaign toyoupic #reprintourN100 on twitter
Re: Torn And Worn Out N100 In Circulation, A Deliberate Act By The Banks? Photo by ipobarecriminals: 1:06pm On Mar 09, 2018
tivta:

the bank wont accept it
dey'll accept it and pass am to the next "beneficiaries" no time.
Re: Torn And Worn Out N100 In Circulation, A Deliberate Act By The Banks? Photo by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 2:05pm On Mar 09, 2018
This isn't fair. CBN should regulate currency circulation.
Re: Torn And Worn Out N100 In Circulation, A Deliberate Act By The Banks? Photo by manitoba(m): 3:02pm On Mar 09, 2018
Its a deliberate scam that has been going on in Nigeria and making some extremely rich. The banks and CBN knows whats up.
Re: Torn And Worn Out N100 In Circulation, A Deliberate Act By The Banks? Photo by KanuJEWSarePIGS: 4:33pm On Mar 09, 2018
Lomprico2:

You think all taxi drivers are as illiterate and dumb as you are?

Hello!

Kindly walk down the street and turn left, the lagoon there is for a purpose. Go do the needful.

I am not a party to those who helped you bagged such an unbelievable level of illiteracy.

This is just too much for one man to live with.

Now, take a chill pill and go over the very same post you quoted.

Sense fall on you!
Re: Torn And Worn Out N100 In Circulation, A Deliberate Act By The Banks? Photo by Lomprico2: 6:09pm On Mar 09, 2018
KanuJEWSarePIGS:

Hello!

Kindly walk down the street and turn left, the lagoon there is for a purpose. Go do the needful.

I am not a party to those who helped you bagged such an unbelievable level of illiteracy.

This is just too much for one man to live with.

Now, take a chill pill and go over the very same post you quoted.

Sense fall on you!

See painment! cheesy grin
Re: Torn And Worn Out N100 In Circulation, A Deliberate Act By The Banks? Photo by mfm04622: 10:06am On Mar 10, 2018
Lomprico2:
A taxi driver told me its deliberate by buhari n CBN. They seize any of the new GEJ printed 100 naira notes that enters cbn hands. They want the new note GEJ printed to fizzle out so that they can print a new set that will carry that arabic inscription. You know that that new 100 naira note is the only currency without that inscription.

Please stop spreading such tales told in taxis and beer parlour!

The truth is banks have not been sorting and taking old notes to CBN. It cost money to sort money. Also, CBN charges banks highly when there is shortage in the amount they take to CBN. So it is not worthwhile to the banks. Simple
Re: Torn And Worn Out N100 In Circulation, A Deliberate Act By The Banks? Photo by prof800(m): 7:35pm On Mar 24, 2018
It's an old scam.

Someone was told to burn the mutilated 100naira notes and print new ones but the person chose to recirculate the mutilated notes and pocket all the "extra gain".

https://efccnigeria.org/efcc/news/1363-efcc-to-arraign-six-cbn-big-wigs-16-others-for-n8billion-currency-fraud-june-2

.it's a popular CBN scam. Someone is raking in billions of naira from this.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/punchng.com/n8bn-cbn-scam-court-rejects-bail-application-as-efcc-presents-witnesses/amp/

We are Nigerians, we forget too easily, that's why our politicians LOVE us.!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Stocks Hit Highest Level Ever / How To Get The Perfect Startup Business Ideas / Cashless Policy Will Only Affect 10% Of Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.