Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,282 members, 7,815,478 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

NDLEA Officers At Murtala Muhammed Airport - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / NDLEA Officers At Murtala Muhammed Airport (7377 Views)

My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: / Photos: Ocean Of Travellers Today At Murtala Mohammed Int'l Airport / Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NDLEA Officers At Murtala Muhammed Airport by Nobody: 8:54am On Oct 30, 2010
A friend of mine was made to cough out $400 (1st tymer though) yestaday at MMIA on his way 2 Germany. Wen Has it become a crime b a 1st tyme traveller? Though, he's a bit nervous and has enof to throw around.
Re: NDLEA Officers At Murtala Muhammed Airport by Dannyboy80: 9:55am On Oct 31, 2010
Those officials suck .I fell out with them at MM cos I refused to go through that scan.I have done it twice once this year. Anyways, according to one of the officials,one is not suppose to be scanned more than 2 times in a year by that new laser scan or whatever it is called. The laser shit is health detrimental.
Re: NDLEA Officers At Murtala Muhammed Airport by Dannyboy80: 10:10am On Oct 31, 2010
NDLEA Officers At Murtala Muhammed Airport

<< < (7/7)

igbogolo:
@ all
wow! I have never been subjected to such nonsense at the airports here and aborad. maybe cos I dont carry much when im travelling or maybe cos I have been lucky all this while. I always look directly at the immigration officers and answer their questions without shifting my gaze. Its a very intimidating posture that helps me to wade off undue agression at foreigh airports.
but the one that pisses me off is when the immigration officer brings out his binoculars to scoff at my passport. I really hate that.
@ big bumper.
u really need to relax oo. Im aware that these officers can make life miserable for you if they are determined to teach you a lesson. A friends nephew was detained for abusing an officer in moscow and he did not have a pleasant experience.

shotster50:
My worst experience with immigration will probably be in Sri Lanka enroute to London via Singapore. We were checking into the departure lounge and all of a sudden two immigration officers spring up and start checking peoples passports. I am thinking thats wierd because most of us are on transit and as such we do not need to deal with any Immigration guys in Sri Lanka. Me being a patriotic Citizen I have my Nigerian passport. When it is my turn to show my passport ,  guess what the guy takes one look at the passport and starts fiddling with it,  4 mins, 8 mins, he's not done yet,  I am getting really pissed, so i asked if anything was wrong and he replied that he has never seen a Nigerian passport before so he has to verify the authencity of the passport. I am totally gobsmacked,  I have a lot of visas on the passport and i know Asians are funny with Nigerian passport but this is got to be the flimsiest excuse ever. He asks what my immigration status is in the UK,  Dual Citiz, do i have any proof of where i live? and thats where i lost it. I told him off severley and the next thing i know they got a woman from the Uk High Commission in Colombo  to come and verify my details!!! Luckily she was a black woman and i explained to her what happened and i got to know that they had some problems with dodgy Nigerians hence i was paying that price. A t the end of the day I made the guy apologise. I swore never to go through that God forsaken country or their airline ever again.

Tamita:
A friend of mine was made to cough out $400 (1st tymer though) yestaday at MMIA on his way 2 Germany. Wen Has it become a crime b a 1st tyme traveller? Though, he's a bit nervous and has enof to throw around. 

Dannyboy80:
Those officials suck .I fell out with them at MM cos I refused to go through that scan.I have done it twice this year. Anyways, according to one of the officials,one is not suppose to be scanned more than 2 times in a  year by that new laser scan or whatever it is called. The laser thing is health detrimental.
Re: NDLEA Officers At Murtala Muhammed Airport by thameamead(f): 2:53pm On Nov 06, 2010

(1) (2) (Reply)

When Is The Uk Embassy Closing For The Year / Cost Of DHL Delivery Form Nigeria To Germany / Appointment At Spanish Embassy Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.