Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,156 members, 7,825,613 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

Leave Adedibu, Akala Alone - Obj [efcc How Far?] - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Leave Adedibu, Akala Alone - Obj [efcc How Far?] (1088 Views)

Akingbola Defies Efcc; How He Escaped To London / Exclusive Interview With Lamidi Adedibu- Video / INEC Machines Found In Adedibu's House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Leave Adedibu, Akala Alone - Obj [efcc How Far?] by lafile(m): 8:55am On Mar 09, 2007
Below is a report on President Obasanjo's utterances at Ibadan, from Nigeria

[center]Obasanjo says leave Adedibu alone
[/center]
President Olusegun Obasanjo yesterday in Ibadan described Lamidi Adedibu as a politician that cannot be reformed and one who should not be chided publicly. “Baba is not an angel and he is not perfect but whatever his shortcomings, he can be privately corrected. He can be corrected secretly and I am sure that he will surely change. This is what I have been telling the people; whatever his shortcomings, we should let him know but decently and we should not also fail to point out the areas where he is good.”

Obasanjo also endorsed the governorship candidacy of Alao-Akala who was publicly described as corrupt by anti graft agency boss Nuhu Ribadu. “In Oyo PDP, there is enough space for everybody. In Oyo State, there are many competent people who can fly the party’s flag but Alao-Akala is the best candidate for the party in the state,” he said. Obasanjo was in Ibadan along with other PDP wigs campaigning for the party’s presidential candidate and his deputy

How can this man even pretend to be fighting corruption? What does EFCC and Ribadu have to say about this? How come after publicly calling Akala corrupt he does not name him in that corrupt politicians list? Can we trust EFCC and OBJ?
Re: Leave Adedibu, Akala Alone - Obj [efcc How Far?] by donnymikky(m): 8:58am On Mar 09, 2007
I want to know the source of this information before I comment.
Re: Leave Adedibu, Akala Alone - Obj [efcc How Far?] by lafile(m): 9:12am On Mar 09, 2007
The source is Nigeria Today Online. Send an email to Nigeria2day@aol.com and they will send you a daily report on happenings in nigeria.
Re: Leave Adedibu, Akala Alone - Obj [efcc How Far?] by donnymikky(m): 9:50am On Mar 09, 2007
Please post the link for us to read through
Re: Leave Adedibu, Akala Alone - Obj [efcc How Far?] by mowapa(m): 12:44pm On Mar 09, 2007
Here is a link to that stupid utterance

ttp://www.guardiannewsngr.com/news/article03
Re: Leave Adedibu, Akala Alone - Obj [efcc How Far?] by babasin(m): 3:16pm On Mar 09, 2007
Re: Leave Adedibu, Akala Alone - Obj [efcc How Far?] by whaleh(m): 5:27pm On Mar 09, 2007
I live in Ibadan and I watched the PDP rally which was broadcasted live by the Nigeria Television Authority (NTA).
I heard all the sayings by OBJ. It is a disgrace to the people of Ogbomoso if Akala could eventually emerge as the governor of the state. It is a shame to all the people of Oyo State and all Nigerians if someone like that is wins the polls.
When will personal interest stop ruining us?
Re: Leave Adedibu, Akala Alone - Obj [efcc How Far?] by blkmum700: 12:11am On Mar 11, 2007
whaleh Thats is very Funny when u say shame to All Nigerians,i think it should be to the People Living in Oyo state Alone.i dont know how that Man was clear to Contect i think INEC Is crazing for clearing that Man and Effc is very stupid for not Arresting Adedibu and OBJ
Re: Leave Adedibu, Akala Alone - Obj [efcc How Far?] by Iogobenz(m): 12:36pm On Nov 07, 2019
whaleh:
I live in Ibadan and I watched the PDP rally which was broadcasted live by the Nigeria Television Authority (NTA).
I heard all the sayings by OBJ. It is a disgrace to the people of Ogbomoso if Akala could eventually emerge as the governor of the state. It is a shame to all the people of Oyo State and all Nigerians if someone like that is wins the polls.
When will personal interest stop ruining us?
Hi bro.
Sorry I've not got access to my mail so responding might be a little hard.
What's going On?

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo In Lagos / Inec Call Center / Pedro Is A Man Of Honor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.