Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,286 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

First Bank : What A Fraud - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / First Bank : What A Fraud (4347 Views)

Interview With Md, Access Bank. What Should I Expect? / First Bank: What Next As The Interview Is Over. / Access Bank:what Is Happening To Abuja Applicants? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Bank : What A Fraud by Nobody: 9:11am On Mar 09, 2007
The way and manner first bank invited people for their test is very questionable, I did a random sampling of candidates that applied and found out that the whole exercise was characterised by favouritism which is the hallmark of Nigerian corporate attitude. So you have to know a manager to be invited for a simple test, know one to pass the test and be invited for interview. I pity where my beloved country is drifting to. sad sad shocked shocked sad sad
Re: First Bank : What A Fraud by puskin: 9:35am On Mar 09, 2007
i very much agree with you. If a big bank such as first bank can find it hard sending individual letters if invitation to candidates that applied, then i wonder. Apart from that, what even was their criteria for shortlisting.
Re: First Bank : What A Fraud by Nobody: 9:41am On Mar 09, 2007
You see what I mean . . .Why make unemployed graduate waste their meagre resources trying to apply online at the cafes. so sad!
Re: First Bank : What A Fraud by stellose(f): 10:43am On Mar 09, 2007
that is nigeria for you.
Re: First Bank : What A Fraud by odada(m): 12:22pm On Mar 09, 2007
Dont push it guys!it wasnt just meant to be,better luck next time wink
Re: First Bank : What A Fraud by luckyCO(m): 1:26pm On Mar 09, 2007
That is Nigeria 4 u. Imagine a Bank as big as Intercontinental invited the whole Nigeria youths for a test only to employ few of them. I can't imagine where NIgeria is heading to. U can see that only aristocrats(People who know somebody) makes it in nigeria not people who have the skills.

Am illitrate can head you in an organization just because he is related to this this that person. I pity 4 our country if people continues this way.
Re: First Bank : What A Fraud by Tmac1: 2:32pm On Mar 09, 2007
Hey guys, dont adopt a negative attitude, i know for a fact that nothing of such happened ( i work with first bank ), Applications that were recieved for the excercise were over Ten thousand! Shortlisting candidates was thus very difficult, so u can imagine what the criteria was like, Just take heart, keep your heads up and something WILL definitely come up for you. 1 luv, wink wink
Re: First Bank : What A Fraud by ogepam(f): 2:51pm On Mar 09, 2007
I dont know anyone in First bank,i am a cooper still serving but i was shortlisted,so wat have you to say about that,hey men,stop going around with negative attitude, 'that u must know someone to be shortlisted in Nigeria for tests and to get Jobs',if u will ever see the Top in Nigeria then you must be an optimistic fellow.

Get Connected to God,thats the best connection.Its not to him that willeth neither of him that runneth but its of the Lord that showeth Mercy.
In all things give thanks to God.
Re: First Bank : What A Fraud by Mishie: 2:59pm On Mar 09, 2007
ogepam,na so jare!
Re: First Bank : What A Fraud by agnesoseka: 3:15pm On Mar 09, 2007
I no sabi anybodi but I got an IV, so did all my friends dat I helped to submit their Resumes, So it wasnt based on d connection bros.
Re: First Bank : What A Fraud by lanle(f): 3:49pm On Mar 09, 2007
fynewaka, i think you should be a little patient. i understand first bank test is usually in 3 batches. maybe you'll be called in the next one
Re: First Bank : What A Fraud by LAPAT(m): 3:54pm On Mar 09, 2007
guys, we know it's somehow but we hv to be + in our thinking, just 2 forge ahead. we can make it if we are focused and rely on God. first bank invitation is not absolute 'wuruwuru'. at least i'm a living withness! wink
Re: First Bank : What A Fraud by bruce(m): 4:21pm On Mar 09, 2007
THERE IS NO POINT BEING NEGATIVE ABOUT IT COS WE ALL SHOULD NO THE SITUATION OF THINGS IN THIS COUNTRY.

HOWEVER, THAT DOES NOT MEAN THAT EVERYONE WHO APPLIED MUST RECEIVE AN INVITATION. THEY KNOW WHAT THEY WANT AND THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE THEY CAN HANDLE - NO NEED INVITING THE WHOLE COUNTRY AND IT TURNED OUT TO BE A FARCE. TO WHOSE DISCREDIT WILL THAT BE? SOME OF US WILL STILL BE THE ONES THAT WILL DISCREDIT THEM IF IT HAPPENS. SO BE OPTIMISTIC, GOD HAS A BETTER PLAN FOR US.

THOSE THAT WERE INVITED SHOULD TELL US THE DATE AND VENUES. BY SO DOING, WE CAN TELL WHETHER IT IS IN BATCHES OR NOT.  
SUCCESS TO THOSE INVITED. ONE LOVE!
Re: First Bank : What A Fraud by Icejay(m): 6:27pm On Mar 09, 2007
Hey guys,
I think it's high time we stopped this negative attitude of ours. I know there's so much irregularities in the system that's not to say that there aren't exceptions. We should learn not to blame people for our situations. I do not know anyone in First Bank but I was shortlisted for the test and even that of last year. What I believe is that God has plans for all his children.Sometimes is not what you want that you really need. I know the job situation in the country is frustrating but we shouldn't lost hope and trust in God for he will surely make a way for everyone that believe.What I believe is that what is yours is yours & once God approves no one can disapprove.My advise to all of us is to be positive at all times no matter what & keep believing in God.It's not God's wish for anyone one of us to suffer but sometimes God could use tough situations to prepare us for a great future.Just have a focus and be positive at all times. I wish us well, God dey
Re: First Bank : What A Fraud by noel76(m): 9:04pm On Mar 09, 2007
hay guys i believe first bank is d only corporate body dat is not partial in shortlisting candidates 4 test, probably d age u fill in is more than 27yrs .better luck next time
Re: First Bank : What A Fraud by Sean25(m): 4:20pm On Mar 10, 2007
i did NOT know anyone
AND i got invited
it doesnt mean anything though
there might still be favouritsm at the interview and recruitment stage though
this is NIGERIA but still hope for the best
NOT ALL OF THE RECRUITS CAN KNOW SOMEONE ABI?
Some of US will be employed even tho we know no ONE
can i get a witness
Re: First Bank : What A Fraud by ablavi: 4:10pm On Mar 11, 2007
hi people,well i wrote d pz test but hvnt heard anytin.just seems as if i don become olodo,o no fit pass test.its frustrating esp.wen u knw u study gmats well.pple plz pray 4 me,am not too hapi but hey life goes on.ciao
Re: First Bank : What A Fraud by ablavi: 4:12pm On Mar 11, 2007
hey i just got my iv,hey guys dnt be discouraged i knw it cud be frustrating but just kip trying.
Re: First Bank : What A Fraud by agnesoseka: 4:56pm On Mar 11, 2007
ablavi.;.shit happens somtimes,take it easy on yaself,wen u least expect sometin gud'll come out of all d tests! jst kip doin ur best.wish u luck,cheers.
Re: First Bank : What A Fraud by chikitto(f): 5:57pm On Mar 11, 2007
i think u guys shld be a little patient b4 u start cursing d same land u expect good from, think about it
Re: First Bank : What A Fraud by tglaz(m): 7:32pm On Mar 11, 2007
fellow nairalanders,at first,i tot i was d only one in d shoes of being rejected by first bank.its a sad occurence;quite painful if you ask me.but my question is:what is the fate of d lots of unemployed youths out there?many are forced to reduce their ages,imagine me meeting a man of over 40yrs of age claiming to be 26 all because he wanted to write a test.what is this country turning into?why wont there be cases of violence by angry youths on the society?even those of us with business ideas have no financial backing to kick start our ideas.what an experience!!!
Re: First Bank : What A Fraud by chuky(m): 7:32am On Mar 12, 2007
hi, i am not in support of what you said.if they did not invite you why not try again,you can be lucky.you should stop giving bad impression about them ok. good luck!
Re: First Bank : What A Fraud by chuky(m): 7:47am On Mar 12, 2007
sdv shipping and panapina,which is better in terms of staff welfare( salaries an
Re: First Bank : What A Fraud by ogs(m): 7:59am On Mar 12, 2007
Fellow nairalanders, i once met a PESSIMIST during my NYSC in Minna, Niger State. He was a CYNIC and cos of that i ABHORED him with a passion.

Today i am employed, and even got my job while serving. Pls to succeed in LIFE, u ve to do away with NEGATIVE ATTITUDES. I was also invited for the test without knowing anybody from Adam in firstbank.

BR PATIENT & PRAYERFUL! ur miracle in on the way! ONE LOVE!
Re: First Bank : What A Fraud by bumsun: 5:10pm On Mar 12, 2007
abeg make una let us hear word allof una way de support firstbank if de no va settle una den una de work 4 dem,una friends don giv una dis website mumu pple unukus all of us hear no get iv
Re: First Bank : What A Fraud by puskin: 6:09pm On Mar 12, 2007
I dont know why ppl r just in support of this bank. Majority of all nairalanders didnt get the IV despite the fact that they met the requirement and some unknown ppl just pop-up from nowhere telling this nd that. The truth is the whole was a fraud and iv nver known 1st bank to be writing their tests in batches.
Re: First Bank : What A Fraud by prometheus(m): 6:50pm On Mar 12, 2007
[/color][color=#000099][color=#000099][/color][b][/b]
WHY ALL THIS BROUHAHA ABOUT KNOWING AN INSIDER B/4 U COULD BE INVITED FOR AN APTITUDE TEST. I HAVE NEVER SPOKEN TO A FIRST BANK STAFF NOT TO TALK OF KNOWING ONE BUT I WAS INVITED. GUYS, WHAT WE NEED TO KNOW IS DAT + SELF PERCEPTION MATTERS A LOT IN WHATEVER U WANT TO ACHIEVE. IF U LOSE HOPE IN YOU, WHO DO U WANT TO BELIEVE IN YOU. ALIYA, THE AMERICAN MUSICIAN SAID IT ALL. IF U DONT SUCCEED NOW, DUST URSELF UP AND TRY AGAIN. ONE THING IS 4 SURE, THERE IS ALWAYS A LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL. NEVER EVER LOSE HOPE. IF U DONT SUCCEED NOW, DUST URSELF UP AND TRY AGAIN AND DONT 4GET GOD IN EVERYTHIG U DO. KEEP UR HEAD UP AND NEVER GIVE UP. CHEERS EVERYBODY. SEE U ON TOP.
Re: First Bank : What A Fraud by effie(f): 6:52pm On Mar 12, 2007
Hello everyone, i'm quite new on this site but i have a little question and i hope anyone who has the required information would please reply. I was recently informed by Gtbank that i passed their entry level test, i was required to report at their head office immediately with my credentials so as to fill the pre - interview data form, after that i was told i would be called for an interview soon. I Have never attended any interview before so i'd like to know what to expect . Thanks.
Re: First Bank : What A Fraud by ralse: 7:05pm On Mar 12, 2007
hi house, the truth is u have to expect anything when searching for jobs at the moment, u may apply and be ignored, write a test and be ignored, even pass an interview and be ignored. one should just pray, be optimist and believe that at the right time one will scale through the hurdles. am applying for the first time and wasnt called though, everyone in my shoes should heart and look ahead. thanks
Re: First Bank : What A Fraud by Nobody: 12:17pm On Mar 13, 2007
puskin:

I don't know why people r just in support of this bank. Majority of all Nairaland users didnt get the IV despite the fact that they met the requirement and some unknown people just pop-up from nowhere telling this nd that. The truth is the whole was a fraud and iv nver known 1st bank to be writing their tests in batches.

The truth is bitter but it shall set you free though it tends to make you first uncomfortable.
Re: First Bank : What A Fraud by stargirl: 12:53pm On Mar 13, 2007
i quite agree with you guys, but i don't really think the invitation is totally based on favouritism. i was invited but i dnt know anyone.
Re: First Bank : What A Fraud by adejoh(m): 2:44pm On Mar 13, 2007
Guys sometimes in life we should learn to accept failure or diappointment, not being invited is not the issue here what, what matter most is the attitude to which you accept disapponitment.
I apply too but not invited, but that does not mean am finished, pls lets cultivate the attitude of lookng at things from the positive side, according to John C. Maxwell " failure should not be considered as an invent, but as a process of change" it is well, my fellow nairalanders, What is yours will never pass you by. JUST BE FAITHFULL, !

(1) (2) (Reply)

Topic removed. / How To Dress To An Interview / Primera- Invitation For Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.