Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,641 members, 7,955,333 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:07 PM

Nigeria, World’s 6th Largest Oil Producer, Now World’s Largest Petrol Importer - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria, World’s 6th Largest Oil Producer, Now World’s Largest Petrol Importer (1048 Views)

‘nigeria Now World’s Largest Petrol Importer’ – NNPC / NNPC: Nigeria Now World’s Largest Petrol Importer / Buhari Asked Us To Focus On Northern Nigeria — World Bank Chief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria, World’s 6th Largest Oil Producer, Now World’s Largest Petrol Importer by tstx(m): 1:07pm On Mar 09, 2018
Nigeria’s petroleum industry is the largest in Africa with proven oil and gas reserves of 37 billion barrels and 192 trillion cubic feet respectively. One would be forgiven for thinking Nigerians swim in petrol but no, that is simply not the case.

According to the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Nigeria has a maximum crude oil production capacity of 2.5 million barrels per day and has traditionally ranked as Africa’s largest producer and sixth largest in the world.
(However, in 2017, Angola was largest producer in Afric.) Nigeria’s petroleum industry is the largest in Africa with proven oil and gas reserves of 37 billion barrels and 192 trillion cubic feet respectively. One would be forgiven for thinking Nigerians swim in petrol but no, that is simply not the case.

Dr. Maikanti Baru, the Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) recently revealed that Nigeria is the only member country in the Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries that imports petrol and is currently the largest importer of Premium Motor Spirit. The reason is that refineries are not working to their fullest capacity.

Baru added that, “We actually import one million tonnes of PMS every month into a country that produces oil and gas and has refinery. It is a shameful thing, it doesn’t make sense and that is what we are trying to address.” Indeed it is shameful that a resource rich country like Nigeria would be importing the products of its resources yet that is the truth of most African countries. Countries are (willingly) being reduced to extraction grounds and markets for products they should be selling.

Nigeria says it is engaging investors and other stakeholders to upgrade refineries from the current plate capacity of 445,000 barrels of crude oil per day to at least a million. Why this is being done in 2018 is a wonder but at least they are making a move....

http://listwand.com/2018/03/nigeria-worlds-6th-largest-oil-producer-now-worlds-largest-petrol-importer/

Re: Nigeria, World’s 6th Largest Oil Producer, Now World’s Largest Petrol Importer by kachi19: 1:27pm On Mar 09, 2018
CHANGE BEGINS WITH US

Re: Nigeria, World’s 6th Largest Oil Producer, Now World’s Largest Petrol Importer by babasolution: 1:47pm On Mar 09, 2018
this importation of petrol is a deliberate action by successive nigerian governments,the elites have deals with these international oil companies that ensure,we keep importing fuel.its a betrayal of the nigerian people by the leaders,they have sold nigeria to these foreign businessmen
Re: Nigeria, World’s 6th Largest Oil Producer, Now World’s Largest Petrol Importer by tstx(m): 4:04pm On Mar 09, 2018
babasolution:
this importation of petrol is a deliberate action by successive nigerian governments,the elites have deals with these international oil companies that ensure,we keep importing fuel.its a betrayal of the nigerian people by the leaders,they have sold nigeria to these foreign businessmen
Put simply... There's no hope for Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, World’s 6th Largest Oil Producer, Now World’s Largest Petrol Importer by tstx(m): 4:15pm On Mar 09, 2018
Cc; lalasticlala
Re: Nigeria, World’s 6th Largest Oil Producer, Now World’s Largest Petrol Importer by darfay: 4:38pm On Mar 09, 2018
Please who has American citizenship they are not using again

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, World’s 6th Largest Oil Producer, Now World’s Largest Petrol Importer by babasolution: 4:57pm On Mar 09, 2018
tstx:
Put simply... There's no hope for Nigeria

while do u guys have this pessimistic attitude,young men who should be the agents of change have this defeatist mindset,things have got to change especially when these useless leaders are reduced

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, World’s 6th Largest Oil Producer, Now World’s Largest Petrol Importer by tstx(m): 5:29pm On Mar 09, 2018
babasolution:

while do u guys have this pessimistic attitude,young men who should be the agents of change have this defeatist mindset,things have got to change especially when these useless leaders are reduced
its called bin realistic.... if the head is sick, the body can't work.. There's no hope for Nigeria... and the sad thing is as bad as things are now, it won't be compared to how bad the country will be when my generation takes over leadership.... You only need to sit down and think about everything happening in the country to concur with me
Re: Nigeria, World’s 6th Largest Oil Producer, Now World’s Largest Petrol Importer by tstx(m): 5:30pm On Mar 09, 2018
darfay:
Please who has American citizenship they are not using again
lol... I know someone with Ethiopian citizenship tho
Re: Nigeria, World’s 6th Largest Oil Producer, Now World’s Largest Petrol Importer by babasolution: 5:37pm On Mar 09, 2018
tstx:
its called bin realistic.... if the head is sick, the body can't work.. There's no hope for Nigeria... and the sad thing is as bad as things are now, it won't be compared to how bad the country will be when my generation takes over leadership.... You only need to sit down and think about everything happening in the country to concur with me

no wonder young women are taking over,young guys have this defeatist,helpless,redundant attitude,if u make a concious effrort to be a better person,and you work towards being in government you can be the change.Africa or atleast nigeria has to become better,the blackman cannot continue to be the scum of the earth forever,the chinese were in a hopeless situation but they turned it around.buh blackmen are weak and continue to run from challenges while their women rule
Re: Nigeria, World’s 6th Largest Oil Producer, Now World’s Largest Petrol Importer by FarahAideed: 5:39pm On Mar 09, 2018
It's an irony how this same useless Buhari that once boasted that he will fix refineries has today led Nigeria into being the largest importer of petrol in the world....Please what has Buhari done that some people are even saying he should be re elected ?
Re: Nigeria, World’s 6th Largest Oil Producer, Now World’s Largest Petrol Importer by Ngokafor(f): 5:52pm On Mar 09, 2018
I make bold to say that Nigeria is a tragedy of a nation...since i was,and now i am getting old,its been a case of one step forward,six steps backward concerning this nation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria, World’s 6th Largest Oil Producer, Now World’s Largest Petrol Importer by tstx(m): 6:18pm On Mar 09, 2018
babasolution:

no wonder young women are taking over,young guys have this defeatist,helpless,redundant attitude,if u make a concious effrort to be a better person,and you work towards being in government you can be the change.Africa or atleast nigeria has to become better,the blackman cannot continue to be the scum of the earth forever,the chinese were in a hopeless situation but they turned it around.buh blackmen are weak and continue to run from challenges while their women rule
I used to be like you... Don't worry. with time you will realise what i have realised... I Cant beat them, so I've already made up my mind to run away like my older brothers... This time next year hopefully i will be in Addis Ababa

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, World’s 6th Largest Oil Producer, Now World’s Largest Petrol Importer by babasolution: 6:24pm On Mar 09, 2018
tstx:
I used to be like you... Don't worry. with time you will realise what i have realised... I Cant beat them, so I've already made up my mind to run away like my older brothers... This time next year hopefully i will be in Addis Ababa

ok cool,i will hustle here and make it,no matter what,if i leave,it would only be if necessary not to run,i 'll come bk as soon as possible,i can never be a slave to anyone
Re: Nigeria, World’s 6th Largest Oil Producer, Now World’s Largest Petrol Importer by UncleJudax(m): 7:40pm On Mar 09, 2018
babasolution:

ok cool,i will hustle here and make it,no matter what,if i leave,it would only be if necessary not to run,i 'll come bk as soon as possible,i can never be a slave to anyone
You are already a SLAVE in Nigeria! Take it or leave it.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, World’s 6th Largest Oil Producer, Now World’s Largest Petrol Importer by babasolution: 11:17pm On Mar 09, 2018
UncleJudax:

You are already a SLAVE in Nigeria! Take it or leave it.

better am a slave to my own people than a foreigner,nairaland has exposed me to the reason my africa is the way it is.The blackman is weak,he loves to beg n bend his ass to foreigner,most of u guys are so weak.
Re: Nigeria, World’s 6th Largest Oil Producer, Now World’s Largest Petrol Importer by ZombieTAMER: 4:28am On Mar 10, 2018
From all the comments above
I noticed nobody mentioned Buharis name..

The man who promised change
What prevents him from building refineries
Why should we live on a dangote economy
It's quite a dangerous game

It's shows that APC as a party is not different from the PDP and they change they promised is fake

Giant of Africa my left yansh undecided undecided
Re: Nigeria, World’s 6th Largest Oil Producer, Now World’s Largest Petrol Importer by anibirelawal(m): 6:48am On Mar 10, 2018
Who are we to blame this time....
Re: Nigeria, World’s 6th Largest Oil Producer, Now World’s Largest Petrol Importer by UncleJudax(m): 8:01am On Mar 10, 2018
babasolution:

better am a slave to my own people than a foreigner,nairaland has exposed me to the reason my africa is the way it is.The blackman is weak,he loves to beg n bend his ass to foreigner,most of u guys are so weak.
Hahaha. Strong man. You are so Strong, you are a Slave to your own people?

If dem call for Revolution now, you go Go Underground...

Strong man!
Re: Nigeria, World’s 6th Largest Oil Producer, Now World’s Largest Petrol Importer by babasolution: 11:14am On Mar 10, 2018
[quote author=UncleJudax post=65711967]
Hahaha. Strong man. You are so Strong, you are a Slave to your own people?

If dem call for Revolution now, you go Go Underground...

Strong man![/quote
i dont subsrcibe to war,buh if thats what it will take am willing to fight,am not a slave though,when d time is right i will lead this nation
Re: Nigeria, World’s 6th Largest Oil Producer, Now World’s Largest Petrol Importer by Horus(m): 11:51am On Mar 10, 2018
It is time to build electric cars.
Re: Nigeria, World’s 6th Largest Oil Producer, Now World’s Largest Petrol Importer by orisa37: 12:32pm On Mar 10, 2018
And the Petrol is imported with Nigeria money not Northern people's money.
The South and the Middle Belt should protest through their state assemblies, Governors, Traditional Rulers and NASS members that there will be no 2019 election unless the 36 states are restructured or Gej's national conference report implemented.
Re: Nigeria, World’s 6th Largest Oil Producer, Now World’s Largest Petrol Importer by tstx(m): 4:37pm On Mar 21, 2018
orisa37:
And the Petrol is imported with Nigeria money not Northern people's money.
The South and the Middle Belt should protest through their state assemblies, Governors, Traditional Rulers and NASS members that there will be no 2019 election unless the 36 states are restructured or Gej's national conference report implemented.
Word

lalasticlala mynd44
Re: Nigeria, World’s 6th Largest Oil Producer, Now World’s Largest Petrol Importer by orisa37: 4:52am On Mar 22, 2018
tstx:
Word

lalasticlala mynd44

That was with God in the Beginning and is God and The Light of The W O R (L) D !!!

(1) (Reply)

Herdsmen Killings: Let Bygones Be Bygones – Miyetti Allah Beg Buhari, / I Want To Make Money / Where Is Leah Sharibu The Kidnapped Dapchi Christian Girl?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.