Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Delicacy: How To Make A Nigerian Okra Soup And Eba - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Delicacy: How To Make A Nigerian Okra Soup And Eba (1123 Views)

Okro Soup And Fufu To Calm Your Nerves. / Russians Eat Okro Soup And Eba For The First Time / Russians Eating Egusi Soup And Eba For The First Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Delicacy: How To Make A Nigerian Okra Soup And Eba by Olusharp(m): 4:37pm On Mar 09, 2018
Delicacy: How to make a Nigerian Okra Soup and Eba

If you are a Nigerian at home or outside the country, I can bet on it 90 percent that this is not your first time of hearing about this delicious delicacy, Okra Soup (though we used to call it Okro Soup) and Eba ( made from cassava flour and hot water.)

Well, a brief history about Okra Soup shows it is prepared majorly by people from the eastern and western Nigeria.

The Eastern Nigerians call it Draw Soup (Probably because of how it looks like), on the other hand the Western Nigerians predominantly Yorubas call it Ila or Ila Alasepo (Assorted Okra Soup.)

Okra Soup is very popular in Lagos State which happens to be the economy hub of Nigeria because of it simplicity and it affordable expenses. Although, I will say Okra Soup can prepared to the level of your pocket, if you have the money you can take it to a higher ground, you get what I mean?

But from my own end I will be giving you the delicacy in it simplicity.

What you need to prepare Okra Soup

1. Okra

2. Palm Oil

3. Meat/Fish/Cow Skin/Snail/Stock Fish (it depends on your pocket)

4. Pepper (dry or fresh pepper)

5. Potash, Salt and other condiments.

Process to follow:

1. Take a clean pot and pour in a little amount of water

2. Throw a potash into it

3. Stir the pepper and Okra together with water and pour it into the pot of water (Note you must have cut your Okra into tiny bits)

4. Use your spoon to stir till the Okra mix with the water

5. Wait for some minutes for it to boil

6. Add Palm Oil

7. In my case I used Cow Skin (Ponmo) add it

8. Add Salt and seasoning

9. Leave to boil

Note: Do not cover the pot and if you must, cover the lid partially

After some minutes your Okra Soup is ready to be eaten.

Okra Soup can be taken with Wheat, Semovita, Pounded Yam, Yam Flour (Amala), Pounded Cassava (Akpu) and Eba.

For the sake of the cheapness and ease in preparation, I will make use of Eba.

How To Make Eba

Things Needed

1. Garri (Cassava Flour)

2. Water

3. Turning Stick or Iron Spoon

Process to Follow

1. Get a clean pot and pour in the amount of water needed depending on the quantity of Garri

2. Let the water boil

3. Get a bowl and pour some part of the boiled water into it

4. pour your garri into the hot water in the bowl

5. Cover the bowl for 3 minutes

6. Remove the cover and stir to taste with a turning stick or Iron Spoon

You have made your Eba and you are good to consume your delicacy.

An advice: Eat while hot and get a cold water to step down. Remove all white clothing while eating Okra Soup, we don’t want you to get stained, do we?

Give it a shot!

Source: https://thrillngr.com/2018/03/09/how-to-make-a-nigerian-okra-soup/

Lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

The Late Night Snack That Can Help You Burn Fat In Your Sleep / Do Nigerians Eat Chocolate??? / Cocktails And Smallchops @N200

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.