Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,337 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) (52626 Views)

See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today / Oyinbo People Queue To Buy Nigerian Jollof Rice From "Mama Put" In London. / Hungry Abuja Residents Steal Rice From A Moving Truck (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) by Nobody: 4:55pm On Mar 10, 2018
ruggedised:

I am against smuggling goods into the country. But APC govt lying that Thailand rice factory shut down because Nigeria no longer import Rice is a big lie I'm trying to bust. Moreover is the duty of fg to protect our border and contain excessive smuggling of contraband goods not lying up and down

I clearly understand u. My point is u cannot completely erradicate smuggling, if not the US would have erradicated smuggling of drugs into their country from Mexico and Columbia. Just like it is also very difficult to completely erradicate terrorism. U can only bring it to a bare minimum.
Re: I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) by bbmate: 5:00pm On Mar 10, 2018
Igba123:
check well well. It's either packaged or plastic. Abeg check before u eat. Too cheep for d price.Thks
bro since December that how price of rice be at Sango Ogun state. Get your fact no be plastic rice.
Re: I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) by delpee(f): 5:04pm On Mar 10, 2018
Buy Naija! Our rice is fresher and more nutritious. Try Ebony, Lake and others. They're far better than the preserved, over polished ten year old rice from Asian countries.

2 Likes

Re: I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) by jaydee87(m): 5:06pm On Mar 10, 2018
@op u are very funny oh, so because u bought Thailand rice in Lagos means Apc can lie abeg find another thing tell us, instead of you to help the govt by promoting our local rice and purchase our local rice u came here to castigate the govt, pls if u cant find a solution to a problem Dont compound the problem biko

1 Like

Re: I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) by Awoleesu(m): 5:09pm On Mar 10, 2018
KenOne:
Mister man that thing you just bought is a local rice bagged in a bag with foreign inscription. Come to Aba here and see people manufacturing bags of mama gold and stallion and other foreign bags rice to bag local rice and to be sold as foreign rice. I am a victim of these Aba boys, they sell it to mostly customers that comes from Port Harcourt, Akwa Ibom and other surrounding states or cities so that you will find it difficult to return it when you have bought them and left Aba town.
OP supported his claim with a pictorial proof, can you substantiate yours with similar proofs?
Re: I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) by 9jaown(m): 5:19pm On Mar 10, 2018
Annie939:
apc and propaganda are like 5 and 6 . someone help me with that pic ooooo

Re: I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) by qleap2all(m): 5:20pm On Mar 10, 2018
lexy2014:
and u believed his story?
Not a matter of believe, my opinion refers to deductions from his statement. Simple logic
Re: I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) by 9jaown(m): 5:20pm On Mar 10, 2018
kolaaderin:
This anti government people never seems to amaze me , no one have ever said Nigeria has got all the imported rice off our market, we still have them very much around through smuggling by those unpatriotic Nigerians but not in that quantity of insanity we are used to.
And there is 80 % tendency you bought a rebagged abakaliki rice, but what do I know so far you are happy you bought Thailand rice at the detriment of your own country. The joke is on you.

Buy Nigeria and grow Nigeria. That is my own pinch of salt for your likes.

Re: I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) by lexy2014: 5:24pm On Mar 10, 2018
qleap2all:

Not a matter of believe, my opinion refers to deductions from his statement. Simple logic
what are those deductions&d simple logic?
Re: I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) by lexy2014: 5:31pm On Mar 10, 2018
Awoleesu:
OP supported his claim with a pictorial proof, can you substantiate yours with similar proofs?
simple
Re: I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) by Manager001: 5:50pm On Mar 10, 2018
Yomboy4ever:

Show me a proof.
you talk as if you are not in Nigeria
Re: I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) by acehood907(m): 5:53pm On Mar 10, 2018
ruggedised:

abeg help me I swear I need one please
Re: I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) by Crowny11(f): 6:04pm On Mar 10, 2018
ruggedised:
APC is full of propaganda, they lie too much and is so disgusting.

I also attached the date before BMC accuses me of lying

which rice u dey look for before
Nigeria rice?
Re: I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) by Innomach(m): 6:30pm On Mar 10, 2018
ruggedised:

It can't be foreign rice from Thailand, Mr man. Even if it was smuggled from Cotonou, you can't get it at that price in Lagos because that is almost the cost price at Seme border. No one can sell it for that amount after all the battles with custom officers all the way from Seme to Agbara.

1 Like

Re: I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) by theworldbest(f): 6:33pm On Mar 10, 2018
IFearGod:
Oga, it's either rebagged or smuggled. They do it perfectly to existent that you would never see any traces of it being repackaged. The same way they remove 1-2 yellow plastics from the bags before being sold and without you noticing anything. I'm talking from experience.
��Bros you don sell rice before?
Re: I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) by femi4: 6:38pm On Mar 10, 2018
theworldbest:
nice boobs shocked
Re: I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) by Rheminx: 6:41pm On Mar 10, 2018
You writing the date is not enough....news paper front page would have done a good job
ruggedised:
APC is full of propaganda, they lie too much and is so disgusting.

I also attached the date before BMC accuses me of lying
Re: I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) by Okoroawusa: 7:32pm On Mar 10, 2018
BioTeck:

But isn't the truth to a great extent?...for instance, try compare a brand new men's shoe made in Nigeria with an Italian used(Tokunbo) shoes. Which one would you prefer if you consider value for your hard-earned money?

The Tokunbos are more rugged and made of quality leather unlike the Nigerian made that is 90% paper.

If the Govt want it's citizen to patronize made in Nigeria products, then they should be ready to make available something better than what we get from the foreign markets. Let no one tell me to let's us start from somewhere...it's not easy to come by money and can't be wasted on buying inferior products.
I have an advice for u

"Let us start from somewhere" grin
BioTeck:

But isn't the truth to a great extent?...for instance, try compare a brand new men's shoe made in Nigeria with an Italian used(Tokunbo) shoes. Which one would you prefer if you consider value for your hard-earned money?

The Tokunbos are more rugged and made of quality leather unlike the Nigerian made that is 90% paper.

If the Govt want it's citizen to patronize made in Nigeria products, then they should be ready to make available something better than what we get from the foreign markets. Let no one tell me to let's us start from somewhere...it's not easy to come by money and can't be wasted on buying inferior products.
I have an advice for u

"Let us start from somewhere"
Re: I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) by SOFTENGR: 7:48pm On Mar 10, 2018
[quote author=tlurdy post=65721249][/quote]
grin grin grin
Re: I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) by SOFTENGR: 7:51pm On Mar 10, 2018
santricedupas:

guy you be custom officer, you won burst d guy and the seller
Why una dey fear na grin
Re: I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) by BioTeck: 8:13pm On Mar 10, 2018
Okoroawusa:

I have an advice for u

"Let us start from somewhere" grin
I have an advice for u

"Let us start from somewhere"

Badt boy
Re: I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) by Diso60090(m): 10:16pm On Mar 10, 2018
ruggedised:

I'm not in aba, abi you have compression issues

Na rice matter una wan fight put
Re: I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) by Nobody: 10:25pm On Mar 10, 2018
theworldbest:
Lol, I don't sell rice. I buy it like every 3 months. So, I know the nitty-gritty of how they operate.
Re: I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) by Nobody: 10:27pm On Mar 10, 2018
richybanky:

Which price has gone down drastically? By selling a module of long grain of rice for N550 and small grain for N500 is what u called drastically down? Rice is still very cost bro
You don't buy module to have a feel of the crash in price. When you buy the bags, you would understand what I'm talking about.
Re: I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) by Biggers82(m): 10:32pm On Mar 10, 2018
you just buy a bag of Plastics Rice
Re: I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) by Sparkles003(f): 10:50pm On Mar 10, 2018
ruggedised:

Where did you buy it? And how is the quality when you cooked it
Re: I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) by Sparkles003(f): 10:54pm On Mar 10, 2018
Okoroawusa:
I know it is hard for u to believe but there is a big repackaging of local rice as foreign rice on going now
If you got to daleko market you will see wonders...rice brought in from Benin republic are rebagged into tomatoes bags
Re: I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) by Prettiepearlz(f): 11:10pm On Mar 10, 2018
ruggedised:

I'm not in aba, abi you have compression issues
Let he who thinks he stands take heed lest he falls. I don't think KenOne made his comment to throw jabs at you, but you read it differently and decided to tell him he lacks something you can't even spell correctly yourself. For the records, it's comprehension. Take everything easy, no one is fighting you. Everyone can't agree with you, there will always be one person who thinks differently.
Re: I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) by hasyak(m): 11:40pm On Mar 10, 2018
faceURfront:
All this one wey una de talk no concern me. Na how person take buy 50 kg of rice for 11,500 naira de surprise me. Since when rice cheap like dat?

They wouldn't say it out, because it's one of their main point of reference, when they want to paint the govt bad..
Re: I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) by winnah(f): 12:29am On Mar 11, 2018
kolaaderin:
This anti government people never seems to amaze me , no one have ever said Nigeria has got all the imported rice off our market, we still have them very much around through smuggling by those unpatriotic Nigerians but not in that quantity of insanity we are used to.
And there is 80 % tendency you bought a rebagged abakaliki rice, but what do I know so far you are happy you bought Thailand rice at the detriment of your own country. The joke is on you.

Buy Nigeria and grow Nigeria. That is my own pinch of salt for your likes.

it really amused me why Nigerians are always proud and expressed great enthusiasm in buying imported products.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) by progress69: 4:08am On Mar 11, 2018
Machiavelli1:
Mr man I stay close to the border, I cross rice too so I know what I'm talking about.

U are one of the thieves and smugglers pulling Nigeria backward. Tmr u will come and abuse the government and claim everybody is corrupt. Smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Food One Can Eat To Add Weight / See The N100 Fresh Pepper And Onions I Bought This Morning / #SpainTomatoFestival Sparks Online Outrage In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.