Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

See Shocking Things Pregnant Women Are Doing In Ghana - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / See Shocking Things Pregnant Women Are Doing In Ghana (718 Views)

5 Shocking Things You Don't Know About Growing Beards / What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? / Why Pregnant Women Should Not Drink Zobo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Shocking Things Pregnant Women Are Doing In Ghana by BrainnewsRadio(f): 8:30pm On Mar 09, 2018
Alarm has been raised over a disturbing trend in Ghana among pregnant women. The trend involves the women ingesting bleach pills to lighten their unborn baby’s skin, BBC reports.

The FDA is warning pregnant women to stop taking bleaching pills since it will hinder the development of the unborn child. The product known as Glutathione, has not been approved by Ghana’s FDA:

“No product has been approved by the FDA in the form of a tablet to lighten the skin of the unborn child”

The pills can cause birth defects such as damaging limbs and internal organs. Although the government is trying to stop these practices from happening, large quantities of the pill are being smuggled into the country inside of luggages at airports.

Source: https://www.brainnewsradio.com/see-shocking-things-pregnant-women-ghana/

Re: See Shocking Things Pregnant Women Are Doing In Ghana by BrainnewsRadio(f): 8:30pm On Mar 09, 2018
Re: See Shocking Things Pregnant Women Are Doing In Ghana by BrainnewsRadio(f): 8:30pm On Mar 09, 2018
cc: Lalasticlala
Re: See Shocking Things Pregnant Women Are Doing In Ghana by midolian(m): 8:43pm On Mar 09, 2018
I dont blame them. black might be beautiful but not ghanaian black. Every mother wants the best for her child
Re: See Shocking Things Pregnant Women Are Doing In Ghana by joinnow: 8:44pm On Mar 09, 2018
This made me recall one story about a Ghanian musician that travel overseas to sing. When he was performing the oyibos will climb stage go touch and scrub the guy. Asking if he painted black paint on his body.

Re: See Shocking Things Pregnant Women Are Doing In Ghana by midolian(m): 8:44pm On Mar 09, 2018
joinnow:
This made me recall one story about a Ghanian musician that travel overseas to sing. When he was performing the oyibos will climb stage go touch and scrub the guy. Asking if he painted black paint on his body.

In fact in the version of the story i heard, the moment the ghanaian came on stage to perform, the oyinbos thought their lights developed a fault with the level of darkness he brought suddenly grin grin
Re: See Shocking Things Pregnant Women Are Doing In Ghana by BlackDBagba: 8:45pm On Mar 09, 2018
shocked
Re: See Shocking Things Pregnant Women Are Doing In Ghana by stephleena(f): 8:48pm On Mar 09, 2018
mtcheww..they should have bleached the dicks impregnating them naa..or better still a bleached semen would do.
Re: See Shocking Things Pregnant Women Are Doing In Ghana by joinnow: 8:55pm On Mar 09, 2018
midolian:
In fact in the version of the story i heard, the moment the ghanaian came on stage to perform, the oyinbos thought their lights developed a fault with the level of darkness he brought suddenly grin grin
I no follow
Re: See Shocking Things Pregnant Women Are Doing In Ghana by midolian(m): 8:58pm On Mar 09, 2018
joinnow:

I no follow
grin grin grin
Re: See Shocking Things Pregnant Women Are Doing In Ghana by Aibuckher(m): 9:38pm On Mar 09, 2018
At least they're better than some people grin

(1) (Reply)

The Undisclosed Health Benefits Of Massage To Your Fitness / Top Bad Habits That Causes Rapid Aging / Help! My 6-year Old Cousin Doesn't Take Anything Apart From Pap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.