Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,537 members, 7,823,340 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (130) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (787818 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kylexy61(m): 8:20pm On May 13, 2018
Ggetter50:

Thanks bro.. The link is opening another thing. But i got one somehow, Please check the attached form below, is it the same YES/NO one page form?

Yes, that's it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by hallystyle(f): 8:30pm On May 13, 2018
Omonjoe:
Anyone who need help with Conestoga College application can contact me. Admission portal will open May 14th and with current surge, it closes very fast.

I sent you a pm, please reply when you get my pm. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Razzo: 8:39pm On May 13, 2018
Razzo:
Good morning fellas,
Any University of Regina applicant for falls 2018 in the house?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by LadyW: 8:40pm On May 13, 2018
MightyGIE, thanks for the concern.
I asked that same question but have not received any thoughts from gurus.lol.
My AOR is 16 Jan 2018....My application has been at "Bacground check in progress' since Feb 27....I guess thats what they call IP2? Spoke with a CIC agent 2 weeks ago and she said my file was in Ottawa....thats all she said.
Considering school starts September 1, I have decided to apply for my Study permit. I mean what are my options? Sit and wait and hope I get my PR before September 1? In want of what to do, I would order for gcms notes tomorrow. What next should i do? Call CIC again, maybe this time they have some update for me? I really do not know what else to do, except wait and pray.
MightyGIE:

Hello LadyW, how far did your PR application go? Ask the gurus if it's okay to apply for a study permit cos it may show dual intent - applying for TRV with a PR underway
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Maxihyfr: 9:01pm On May 13, 2018
Uzee24:

Its not what your friend cannot handle, though it may look stressful from a distance. I will give the same advise I got here last week.
Ask your friend to go, this will enable him/her get an appointment, and rest assured to be attended to on the appointment day.

The centre is at lekki ryt?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Omonjoe(m): 9:22pm On May 13, 2018
Replied
hallystyle:

I sent you a pm, please reply when you get my pm. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by MightyGIE: 9:28pm On May 13, 2018
ademcoboy:

UBC family plenty here..... Which program are you going for?
Let's connect

PhD RES, you?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by MightyGIE: 9:33pm On May 13, 2018
LadyW:
MightyGIE, thanks for the concern.
I asked that same question but have not received any thoughts from gurus.lol.
My AOR is 16 Jan 2018....My application has been at "Bacground check in progress' since Feb 27....I guess thats what they call IP2? Spoke with a CIC agent 2 weeks ago and she said my file was in Ottawa....thats all she said.
Considering school starts September 1, I have decided to apply for my Study permit. I mean what are my options? Sit and wait and hope I get my PR before September 1? In want of what to do, I would order for gcms notes tomorrow. What next should i do? Call CIC again, maybe this time they have some update for me? I really do not know what else to do, except wait and pray.

Hmmm..... A tough one. But I would say wait, order for notes, call CIC again etc. Cos a refused study permit is of no use to you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by rogbalekan(m): 9:47pm On May 13, 2018
mcobex:
Biometrics is done at VFS Lekki, Ekate bus stop then cross to the other side of the road(if you are coming from the first tollgate. Ask anyone around where VFS office is and they will show you(trekable)

pls, I will like to ask if biometrics is done immediately after submission for paper route applicant or it is done at a latter date like those submitting online?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by BoystoMen: 9:50pm On May 13, 2018
Hello everyone
Anyone who has passed through these should help me with advice as i plan reapplying once i get my notes

I was refused baseed on
Travel history
Home tie to canada and home country
Purpose of visit

Studied business administration
With 7years expirence in the finance sector
My husband is my sponsor
He showed 60,000 USD and 25million with a proof of investment of 10million
House documents
Hes payslips
Employment letter
Confirmation letter
Statement of accounts
I showed same with my pension account statement
But i didnt include any property in my name
My siblings and parents and hubby were my home tie but didnt include my siblings and parents birth ceritificates
I applied for an MBA and paid a semester fee of 7,800 CAD as requested from the school
I applied with my 3 kids 6 4 2
I got a school for them and attach the mail correspondent with the school administrator and attached the waitlist form i submitted to the school

I submitted on the 4th of april and refused last week
Please what else should i work on?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by rogbalekan(m): 9:56pm On May 13, 2018
Nony1:
Long time !
Greetings everyone,
Is anyone coming to Saskatoon this year?
sure by God's grace this fall.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by chisiudeh: 10:16pm On May 13, 2018
Please anyone in Alberta here or Enroute Alberta
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 10:22pm On May 13, 2018
rogbalekan:

pls, I will like to ask if biometrics is done immediately after submission for paper route applicant or it is done at a latter date like those submitting online?
Normally Same day unlike online
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 10:23pm On May 13, 2018
rogbalekan:

Normally same day, unlike online
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ggetter50: 10:31pm On May 13, 2018
kylexy61:

Yes, that's it.
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 10:33pm On May 13, 2018
BoystoMen:
Hello everyone
Anyone who has passed through these should help me with advice as i plan reapplying once i get my notes

I was refused baseed on
Travel history
Purpose of visit

My husband is my sponsor
House documents
Hes payslips
Employment letter
Confirmation letter
Statement of accounts
My siblings and parents and hubby were my home tie but didnt include my siblings and parents birth ceritificates
I applied for an MBA and paid a semester fee of 7,800 CAD as requested from the school
I got a school for them and attach the mail correspondent with the school administrator and attached the waitlist form i submitted to the school

BoystoMen,
Was your proposed program reasonable inlight with your previous education/job role?, were you able to link them on a rational letter of explanation?.

More so, from the list of documents provided by you, I can't find an SOP/LOE that will explain the following to the visa officer:
1-) Academic and career profile.
2-) Why the program of choice. 
3-) The school of choice. 
4-) Why Canada and not Nigeria considering the high cost of foreign education.
5-) Financial provisions, how you intend to finance your studies while in Canada.
6-) Home ties in Canada and country of residence, what can compel your return home after studies.
7-) Future/career goals, What you intend to achieve at the end of the program and how it might benefit you in future and to your home country Nigeria.

You don't need to worry showing any property in your name, as your hubby whom will be staying back in Nigeria is a very strong tie to your application, it's left for you to address this issue on your SOP/LOE for the visa officer to understand as they are not custodians of knowledge.

It's fantastic to see you've successfully ordered for your CAIPS file, we will take it up from there upon the arrival of this note.
Once again, sorry about the outcome of your last visa application.

It shall end in praises next time!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by blessedness(f): 10:59pm On May 13, 2018
To order gcms form is now $40??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Qupp: 11:15pm On May 13, 2018
Gud evening house.
I applied for canada student visa twice and i have been rejected both times because of finances (statement of account) dat i wont be able to Carter for my self bla bla bla. Now the p am having is dat am done with my bsc here in nigeria in microbiology but am looking to change my course to computer science(wch i have done cos i applied to brandon university already). House pls how do i tackle dis problem of change of course?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by tayonani: 11:31pm On May 13, 2018
KlausMike:
Anyone going to Brock University?
y. Plss any body going to langara college at Vancouver or currently in Vancouver?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 11:31pm On May 13, 2018
FKBZ:

Thanks for your input, from your experience how much naira equivalent do I need to have in my account before coming to Canada, taking into consideration any average university for postgraduate studies... This should cover tutition and feeding and house... Worst case scenario...

Also in Nigeria I am a media consultant, more into brand management.. Media planning and buying and advertising as a whole...
The goal is to relocate to Canada permanently, so peradventure I can't raise the money for postgraduate, do u think my experience can fit into express entry or skilled worker..

Or should I take short courses in Canada in media management and is it possible to get a job that through that means.
Thanks
FKBZ,
As I said earlier, considering you're a self sponsored applicant, you're expected to have funds for the entire period of your stay in Canada.
You confirmed previously that your school of choice tuition fees for a year is = $19,000. Following CIC rule, you must also have an additional $10,000 for your first year living expenses. Therefore, In your case you need to present 19,000 + 10,000= $29,000X2 = $58,000 equivalent 16.3M in naira at your disposal, that's If your program takes two years to be completed. You stand a chance if you show funds in excess, at least an addition of $5,000 plus the above figure mentioned, to prove your personal financial status to cater for your studies in Canada.

Of course yes! Your job is okay, for as much as you truly want to relocate to Canada and you're a graduate with many years of working experience, I suggest you go through the Express entry pool as it will be the best option for you here than going through a study visa route. Simply extend to this thread using the link:
https://www.nairaland.com/4472519/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/102 endeavor to read through the previous EE threads, inorder to catch up with the process, prior asking them questions.

Also, use the below link to calculate your CRS score to know your fate: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
Currently, the EE draw as at this month is 441, Who knows? you might be lucky to attain a great score.

To your last question, Be guided that the length of your program has alot to do with your visa application, if you apply for a visa with a short program, you need to justify your reasons for going for such duration of program in Canada because the Visa officer will be wondering why you choose not to undertake similar programs available here in Nigeria at a cheaper rate and at last, you will be tagged as not a genuine student who is using study permit as a means to abscond into Canada.

Finally, securing a job while in Canada depends solely on your efforts and zeal to get one.

All the best!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 11:35pm On May 13, 2018
blessedness:
To order gcms form is now $40??
Order using the below link, it goes for $5.
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Vizzle4sure: 11:44pm On May 13, 2018
mcobex:
Normally same day, unlike online

Hello House. I came across this in The UBC International Student Association page. I'm applying Online. Gurus kindly confirm the attached screenshot.
Thanks.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Maxihyfr: 6:18am On May 14, 2018
Good morning all... Is The biometrics is done at lekki??
And can i get the address?; thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ademcoboy(m): 6:26am On May 14, 2018
MightyGIE:

PhD RES, you?

What's RES...?
mine is Master of Sustainable Forest management (MSFM)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by tayonani: 7:35am On May 14, 2018
sogima:

Congratulations dear
hey guy congrat on ur tvr,what is ur highest qualification achieved by d time of ur visa application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by tayonani: 7:44am On May 14, 2018
Oshey9999:
TRV Approved.................................................

Application submitted on February - 26

Biometric done - February 28

Medical Request letter received -April 25

Medicals done - May 2nd

Medical Passed - May 6th

TRV Approved May 8th
...............................................................................................................

Here is the breakdown of what I submitted with my application:

All the required cic forms

Letter of Acceptance (St. Clair College, Windsor ON). This is a three year advance diploma degree in Biomedical Engineering Technology.

Receipt of 1 year tuition payment 13,000 CAD

Sponsors: 2 siblings one living in the US and the other living in the UK

Sponsor 1: UK company statement of account with a balance of 16k pounds, GTB SOA of about N12 millions, UK certificate of company registration.

Sponsor 2: Evidence of tuition payment of 13k CAD from US bank account, 4 month Payslips of more than 4k dollars per month

Goodluck to the hopefuls........................................

Please for those who have submitted their passport for TRV at the Lagos VFS, I would like to know if they charge any amount for passport submission. I plan to go there tomorrow morning.

Thank you.

what is ur highest qualification achieved when applying for ur visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 7:48am On May 14, 2018
Qupp:
Gud evening house.
I applied for canada student visa twice and i have been rejected both times because of finances (statement of account) dat i wont be able to Carter for my self bla bla bla. Now the p am having is dat am done with my bsc here in nigeria in microbiology but am looking to change my course to computer science(wch i have done cos i applied to brandon university already). House pls how do i tackle dis problem of change of course?
You had only issues of fund(which happens to be the easiest problem to tackle), now you want to add purpose of visit? Apply for masters in microbiology or something related to it.
Did you order for your GCMS note after your previous denials? If no, then try and do that before reapplying for trv.
NB: Above all, DO NOT GO FOR COMPUTER SCIENCE! RATHER, GO FOR MICROBIOLOGY(MSc)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 7:50am On May 14, 2018
BoystoMen:
Hello everyone

I was refused baseed on
Travel history
Purpose of visit

My husband is my sponsor
House documents
Hes payslips
Employment letter
Confirmation letter
Statement of accounts

Hi BoystoMen,

In addition to what Frankrobbn1 said,

Just to ask, have you traveled anywhere else outside of Nigeria before?
Did you include birth certificate of your children?
An SOP would have addressed and explained the reasons which may have led to the refusal, like explaining why the program why now, why canada?

Because i think from the POF you are in good standing.

My thoughts.

goingforward.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by lekkan(m): 8:47am On May 14, 2018
Hello Here, I'm new on this thread please can someone help me on how to go about processing my Study abroad visa... Fully funded scholarship though
I'll so much appreciate if someone can be my mentor here and will always be ready to put me through

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by BoystoMen: 8:47am On May 14, 2018
Thanks soo much for the reply
Yes
I added SOP and LOE but i think it wasnt convincing enough
I addressed all academic gaps and yes have been working in the bank for 7yrs and my first degree is business administration and am going for MBA
My husband explained that he will be taking care of all our expenses while i school and thats why i got a daycare soo why i will be studying my kids wont be a problem
And he dosnt intend coming over as he has a very good job
He attached payslips and employment and offer letter
Maybe i should just wait for the notes
What do you think will likely be the problem
Am soo grateful for your concern
Frankrobbn1:

BoystoMen,
Was your proposed program reasonable inlight with your previous education/job role?, were you able to link them on a rational letter of explanation?.

More so, from the list of documents provided by you, I can't find an SOP/LOE that will explain the following to the visa officer:
1-) Academic and career profile.
2-) Why the program of choice. 
3-) The school of choice. 
4-) Why Canada and not Nigeria considering the high cost of foreign education.
5-) Financial provisions, how you intend to finance your studies while in Canada.
6-) Home ties in Canada and country of residence, what can compel your return home after studies.
7-) Future/career goals, What you intend to achieve at the end of the program and how it might benefit you in future and to your home country Nigeria.

You don't need to worry showing any property in your name, as your hubby whom will be staying back in Nigeria is a very strong tie to your application, it's left for you to address this issue on your SOP/LOE for the visa officer to understand as they are not custodians of knowledge.

It's fantastic to see you've successfully ordered for your CAIPS file, we will take it up from there upon the arrival of this note.
Once again, sorry about the outcome of your last visa application.

It shall end in praises next time!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by BoystoMen: 8:52am On May 14, 2018
Thanks soo much
Yes i included their birth certificates with their last term school result
Have never travelled before
I heard travel history wont be an issue if my SOP is strong
Please what do you advice i do to address that part
Can i explain have been tired down with work abd have not had the time to travel and just decided to further my studies
Please help me out on that
Because i intend applying once i get my notes
Am to resume in september
goingforward:

Hi BoystoMen,

In addition to what Frankrobbn1 said,

Just to ask, have you traveled anywhere else outside of Nigeria before?
Did you include birth certificate of your children?LAGOSIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca
An SOP would have addressed and explained the reasons which may have led to the refusal, like explaining why the program why now, why canada?

Because i think from the POF you are in good standing.

My thoughts.

goingforward.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Maxihyfr: 9:02am On May 14, 2018
Maxihyfr:
Good morning all... Is The biometrics is done at lekki??
And can i get the address?; thanks

Anybody??

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.