Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,922 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:39 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (784231 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by WEIRDPC(m): 9:22pm On Mar 10, 2018
[quote author=cindelinc post=65730232][/quote]

If i were you, i will not worry about length of visa.

i would worry about getting approval instead.

From your previous post, youre going to Windsor,

youre expected to show funds for the first year and living expenses.

windsor is 3 terms a year.

That makes 18k for tuition and 10k for living expenses.

Also show funds will be available for subsequent years if need be since its 3 to 5 semesters

Best wishes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 9:32pm On Mar 10, 2018
cindelinc,

Tuition = 18,000CAD (First year tuition), Living expenses = 10,000CAD(First year)... Total = 28,000CAD. Your sponsor needs to have money than the total figure shortlisted and have some left for his business, dependants and personal life. The number of dependants will determine how much your father should have in his account. If your father has many dependants, he should show funds X3 of 28,000CAD... i.e 84,000CAD. Preferably, personal and company bank statements should be submitted along with your application.

Visa will be issued based on the length of your program.

Edited: now using WEIRDPC figure for tuition.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 9:37pm On Mar 10, 2018
yemdogg:

Boss I'm in Nigeria smiley

Pursuing my PR Application. I hope you're good. Been a while.
OK bro, God will do it soon.
Yes I am good, still in Nigeria as well
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 9:42pm On Mar 10, 2018
chibreezy:
good evening all i must say you guys are doing a good job. i came into this forum as a newbie i think sometime in january.i already had my admission from a canadian university already for masters in environmental engineering and have a bsc in chemical engineering from a nija uni(2014). i asked the first question here on how to go about my deposit payment to my school but unfortunately it wasnt answered but i just read on the thread and googled some questions too and was able to make the deposit of 2kcad not even the full tuition payment.. ok to cut the long story short, this post is for dose discouraged and it may serve as encouragement to them not to relent..i applied for my trv on 7th of feb(paper route) for the first time i do not have any travel history before, i got an invite for medicals 1st march and got my trv on 9th march(yesterday)..my dear it was really a surprise to me coz it was after i applied i even got to start reading and following up more on the thread i got scared at some point when i even saw some documents that was mentioned here like sop, letter of previous employment place ,sponsor birth certificate, sponsor passport biodata page, siblings birth cerificate and parents too, police report too etc. men all this things been no dey my application i said to my sef i dun f up o.. The only things i submitted was my trv forms, sponsor letter, sponsor account statement(personal and company) , sponsor cac documents, my nysc discharge, waec certificate, degree certificate, diploma in telecoms certificate,my personal account with just 170k closing balance, ielts, identification letter, my bsc school transcript, evidence of paid 2kcad, admission letter, accomodation offer letter from school and above all THE G FACTOR(GOD). this are just what i used in applying for the first time and getting it.. i think a simple and genuine application makes the job easy for the vo. i applaud these guys frank, iyjuwa, chuks and many others i cant remember their names i dont reply nor comment though but i follow your posts and comments and you give really good advices and una dey try e no easy to dey give free advice abeg so GOD bless you all and reward you all ur heart desires .. for those expecting it will be your turn soon..cheers yall and all the best to you all.
Big congratulations to you, Go and make us proud

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by sanjay01: 9:57pm On Mar 10, 2018
Am a silent reader. now my turn to ask gurus in d house my question. i already have my master in China in agricultural economics but just gotten master in economics in Canada. Here are my questions

1. Do i need to present it with my application that i already have my master? or i should just present only my btech
2. How do i convince the VO that i will come back after my study since i already have one master cert? grin
2. Can i apply with my family or i should apply first, then file for family wen i get there?
3. do u pple submit previous passport with ur application?
3. how many page for SOP?
4. should i apply in china or go back home?
5. what it is d validity time for police certificate?
Thanks for ur advice.

Note:The main reason why i applied for master again was that i have applied for PhD several times in Economics but not granted.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 10:28pm On Mar 10, 2018
sanjay01:
Am a silent reader. now my turn to ask gurus in d house my question. i already have my master in China in agricultural economics but just gotten master in economics in Canada. Here are my questions

1. Do i need to present it with my application that i already have my master? or i should just present only my btech
2. How do i convince the VO that i will come back after my study since i already have one master cert? grin
3. Can i apply with my family or i should apply first, then file for family wen i get there ?
4. do u pple submit previous passport with ur application?
5. how many page for SOP?
6. should i apply in china or go back home?
Thanks for ur advice.

Note:The main reason why i applied for master again was that i have applied for PhD several times in Economics but not granted.
sanjay01,
Welcome to the forum.

Answer 1-) The both will scale through, but the bolded will be easier and will help your case here. But you must account for your study gaps while going through this route.

Answer 2-) Your passion and full interest towards your home country will go a long way in convincing the visa officer that you will return after your studies. Show sufficient ties to your home country i.e. what will compel you to return home?
1-) Do you have a spouse and kids(minors) and are you leaving them behind?
2-) Do you have elderly parents who depend on you?
3-) Do you own businesses/property that you need to continue managing?
4-) Do you have adequate funds?
5-) Do you have family members whom are not accompanying you to Canada?

Answer 3-) The bolded is the best option here. Apply alone, while your family stay back as a strong tie to your country. Once you get there, its very easy to bring them into Canada.

Answer 4-) Do you mean to say if your passport will be submitted along with your application?
Online applicants don't need to submit their passport for application submission, after successful review of applicant application a request for passports will surface. While,
Paper route applicant you have to submit your passport along with your application.

Answer 5-) There is no limited number of pages you must have on your SOP. It really boils down on applicant personal circumstances and situations. An ideal SOP should be straight forward and precise with at least 2-3 pages.

Answer 6-) If you're legally residing in China, let say with a study visa, you don't necessarily need to come back to Nigeria to apply for your visa. Apply in china and save your self from Nigeria application scrutiny by the Visa officer, with less processing time.

I hope this information answers your questions. If not sufficient enough, feel free to ask questions.

All the best!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by de3lar(m): 10:29pm On Mar 10, 2018
Hello to everyone in here. Am Kolade an OND holder in Urban and regional planning. I would love to study an undergraduate program related to my course as I love it with passion. I already have little knowledge about the processing but the issue is I couldn't find any college that have related course and I haven't sat for ielts or TOEFL. Also I would like to have an estimate of the cost of studying in Canada. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 10:42pm On Mar 10, 2018
de3lar:
Hello to everyone in here. Am Kolade an OND holder in Urban and regional planning. I would love to study an undergraduate program related to my course as I love it with passion. I already have little knowledge about the processing but the issue is I couldn't find any college that have related course and I haven't sat for ielts or TOEFL. Also I would like to have an estimate of the cost of studying in Canada. Thanks

de3lar,
Good to have you here.
With the bolded program, I don't think it will be easy to find such exact program in Canada.
Try check: college of the north Atlantic canada at Newfoundland and British Columbia institute of technology. These are colleges that offers wide range of dipolma programs. You haven't gotten an institution yet, so no one can give you an estimate on what it cost, as many institutions have differences on their tuition. Meanwhile, make sure you have your 10,000CAD for living expenses approximately 2.8M plus your tuition (Which I don't know) for your first year of studies in Canada. Finally, don't be in a haste to sit for an English exam (IELTS/TOEFL) endeavor to know the admission requirements for the institution first before doing this. Nigeria is an English speaking country so I don't see reasons sitting for the exams.

All the best on your pursuit.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by sanjay01: 10:48pm On Mar 10, 2018
Frankrobbn1:
. Thanks sir.

how should i go about my study gap if i should choose the bolded one? question 4 is about previous issued passport because am presently on my second passport. i dont know if i should present the previous with my application or i should just use the new one? what is d validity for police certificate? can i use two months dated police cert?

sanjay01,
Welcome to the forum.

Answer 1-) The both will scale through, but the bolded will be easier and will help your case here. But you must account for your study gaps while going through this route.

Answer 2-) Your passion and full interest towards your home country will go a long way in convincing the visa officer that you will return after your studies. Show sufficient ties to your home country i.e. what will compel you to return home?
1-) Do you have a spouse and kids(minors) and are you leaving them behind?
2-) Do you have elderly parents who depend on you?
3-) Do you own businesses/property that you need to continue managing?
4-) Do you have adequate funds?
5-) Do you have family members whom are not accompanying you to Canada?

Answer 3-) The bolded is the best option here. Apply alone, while your family stay back as a strong tie to your country. Once you get there, its very easy to bring them into Canada.

Answer 4-) Do you mean to say if your passport will be submitted along with your application?
Online applicants don't need to submit their passport after application submission, after successful review of applicant application a request for passports will surface. While,
Paper route applicant you have to submit your passport along with your application.

Answer 5-) There is no limited number of pages you must have on your SOP. It really boils down on applicant personal circumstances and situations. An ideal SOP should be straight forward and precise with at least 2-3 pages.

Answer 6-) If you're legally residing in China, let say with a study visa, you don't necessarily need to come back to Nigeria before you can apply for visa. Apply in china and save your self from Nigeria application scrutiny by the Visa officer, with less processing time.

I hope this information answers your questions. If not sufficient enough, feel free to ask questions.

All the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 11:06pm On Mar 10, 2018
sanjay01,

Study gaps simply means what you have been doing since you left university/after the completion of your first degree. That's if you decide to hide the masters degree from them. You might say you have been working since you left university, a job role that is reasonable inlight with the masters degree in economics you intend studying and provide proof to your claims.

If the above route will be hard for you, then you need to provide a rational explanation to why you're going for second masters degree in Canada other than a Phd to show academic/career progression. Because I know that Agricultural economics is no way reasonable with pure Economics, they both defers and have different disciplines. So this left for you to decide which best suit you. But I prefer the first one or you go for a Phd, there are experienced men here that are going for PhD, that will be of paramount help to you. .... In person of Silk07 ,MAziude who is already in Canada and co-, you can Pm them, so they can guide you through the process of securing a PhD offer.

What is needed here is the new passport not the old expired one. But, to be on the safer side, photocopy the bio data pages of the expired passport clearly showing your travel histories and submit it together with the new passport. This will fly best.

The validity of police character certificate here in Nigeria is 3 months, I don't knw about China. Yes since its valid for 2 months you're free to submit it. No cause for alarm.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by AKUPSME: 12:02am On Mar 11, 2018
Thank God for this new thread,I must testifyoh
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Olalekank(m): 12:05am On Mar 11, 2018
who has noticed that most people here have been getting permit in 4-6 weeks? grin
More good news this year.
Frankrobbn1, you're doing a very good job

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Olalekank(m): 12:05am On Mar 11, 2018
AKUPSME:
Thank God for this new thread,I must testifyoh
Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by chrislong(m): 1:41am On Mar 11, 2018
chrislong:
Hello. Can someone pls give me a link to a page that explains the whole student visa application for someone who has received admission letter to a diploma program in a university. There are a lot of abbreviations that I do not understand ��

Also is it necessary for a Nigerian to have a TRV before going?
What are the documents that will be needed?

Someone please answer me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by myelims: 3:54am On Mar 11, 2018
Darasimiolu:
Before the end of this thread I would receive my admission letter and my TRV...Everyone waiting for similar miracles would also testify...IJN
NO TRV REFUSALS ON THIS THREAD!!!!!
Can I get an Amen?!!!!!!!

Amen....I will receive my Visa my mail IJN

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by sanjay01: 6:04am On Mar 11, 2018
mcobex:
Big congratulations to you, Go and make us proud
. more TRV testimonies
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Asapant: 6:50am On Mar 11, 2018
Good morning to you'll and blessed Sunday..

Please oooo. What is the meaning of Ontario college diploma.. Is it the same thing as PGD ?.

I'm fiding it difficult to understand.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 8:12am On Mar 11, 2018
Olalekank:
who has noticed that most people here have been getting permit in 4-6 weeks? grin

Amen! That's our prayer.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by aranymous: 8:12am On Mar 11, 2018
chrislong:

Someone please answer me

Hi Chris,

Kindly go the CIC website for information and updates.

Also, check out page 0 of this thread, I promise most of you questions will be answered by the time you are done reading up.

Cheers.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 8:28am On Mar 11, 2018
chrislong:
Hello. Can someone pls give me a link to a page that explains the whole student visa application for someone who has received admission letter to a diploma program in a university. There are a lot of abbreviations that I do not understand ��

Also is it necessary for a Nigerian to have a TRV before going?
What are the documents that will be needed?

chrislong,

Your question is vague, that's why no one paid attention to it. Please start by exploring to www.cic.gc.ca you will get a better understanding once you visit the site.
Any abbreviation you seem not to understand, ask questions.... Like SOP - statement of purpose,
LOA - Letter of acceptance, TRV - Temporary resident visa, PPR - passport request, LOE - letter of explanation, V.O - Visa officer, LOS - Letter of sponsorship, PR - Permanent Residence, SOA - statement of account, etc... As time goes on you will get to adapt with the system.

To the above bolded_____ YES! You need a TRV.

You need all your academic and career accomplishment documents, sponsors business/employment documents, bank statement for the past 6 months.

Finally do yourself good by reading the previous part 13 thread. Trust me after reading the 500 pages there, you will be more advanced than me.

All the best!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Asapant: 9:05am On Mar 11, 2018
[quote author=Frankrobbn1 post=65738135].

chrislong,

Your question is vague, that's why no one paid attention to it. Please start by exploring to www.cic.gc.ca you will get a better understanding once you visit the site.
Any abbreviation you seem not to understand, ask questions.... Like SOP - statement of purpose,
LOA - Letter of acceptance, TRV - Temporary resident visa, PPR - passport request, LOE - letter of explanation, V.O - Visa officer, LOS - Letter of sponsorship, PR - Permanent Residence, SOA - statement of account, etc... As time goes on you will get to adapt with the system.

You need all your academic and career accomplishment documents, sponsors business/employment documents, bank statement for the past 6 months.

Finally do yourself good by reading the previous part 13 thread. Trust me after reading the 500 pages there, you will be more advanced than me.

All the best!

Good morning to you'll and blessed Sunday..

Please oooo. What is the meaning of Ontario college diploma.. Is it the same thing as PGD ?.

I'm fiding it difficult to understand.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by swisster: 9:52am On Mar 11, 2018
Olalekank:

they have reduce their processing time from 16 weeks to 9 weeks

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 10:44am On Mar 11, 2018
swisster:

As time goes on, it will increase. There are limited number of applications with them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by gbemiigbal: 10:45am On Mar 11, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Mazi9,
CAC certificate/document is a document that show proof that sponspor business is legally registered. The full meaning of CAC is - Corporate Affairs Commission.....

All the best!

Is it mandatory to submit the company acct with the CAC document? Am not using the account as POF
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by chrislong(m): 11:00am On Mar 11, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

chrislong,

All the best!

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by chrislong(m): 11:09am On Mar 11, 2018
aranymous:

Hi Chris,

Kindly go the CIC website for information and updates.

Also, check out page 0 of this thread, I promise most of you questions will be answered by the time you are done reading up.

Cheers.

Thanks.

Thank you. Personally will you advise the online route or paper based route?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kylexy61(m): 11:22am On Mar 11, 2018
Guys I think a TRV HOPEFULS LIST for 2018 should be created, like you've been doing in the past years.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 11:52am On Mar 11, 2018
gbemiigbal:

Is it mandatory to submit the company acct with the CAC document? Am not using the account as POF

No it's not mandatory as the Visa officers don't regard Company bank statement.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Moley22(m): 11:59am On Mar 11, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

No it's not mandatory as the Visa officers don't regard Company bank statement.
It should be regarded but important to add along side a personal bank statement of the sponsor with a substantial amount...

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 12:04pm On Mar 11, 2018
kylexy61:
Guys I think a TRV HOPEFULS LIST for 2018 should be created, like you've been doing in the past years.

This is a welcome idea. I have been thinking about this all this while. Someone should please volunteer his/her self. An active member preferably is needed here to take up this role.

WEIRDPC, SILK07, ORIEYELE , OFFICIALAEL, MOLEY22, SLEEKLYSOFT, KYLEXY61and co- Please guys a person should volunteer for this.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 12:07pm On Mar 11, 2018
Moley22:

It should be regarded but important to add along side a personal bank statement of the sponsor with a substantial amount...

Yes it can serve as a support to the sponspor personal bank statement but not as primary proof of funds. But if applicant, don't have funds on their company bank statement, its better to submit only the personal statement.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Olalekank(m): 12:33pm On Mar 11, 2018
swisster:

Thank God and thank you for the info

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.