Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,417 members, 7,850,481 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:27 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (172) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (802252 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by HiSignature: 7:45pm On May 28, 2018
Hi Kunleoyad,
I think they are referring to the average in the last two years.
Although Manitoba university's gpa is over 4.5,with your last two years, i think your average is good to go.

kunleoyad:
Please am new here and need a little help. I graduated with 3.71 cgpa, had 2.96,5.0,4.18 and 3.98 in the last 2 years of my undergraduate studies. Manitoba University requested for 3.0 GPA in the last 2 years of undergraduate studies. Please I need clarification. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Bukella(f): 7:50pm On May 28, 2018
Hi everyone �..please what could be a realistic reason for choosing to go for a particular course outside Nigeria when it is also available in Nigeria. A good reason without degrading Nigeria. Need your ideas please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kunleoyad: 8:01pm On May 28, 2018
Thanks so much. Am planning to apply for masters and premaster in the same school.
HiSignature:
Hi Kunleoyad,
I think they are referring to the average in the last two years.
Although Manitoba university's gpa is over 4.5,with your last two years, i think your average is good to go.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Candybright: 9:03pm On May 28, 2018
how can one upload account statement of over 40 pages using online application route? So I have to keep scanning it one after the other? Pls help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by sogima(f): 9:06pm On May 28, 2018
Candybright:
how can one upload account statement of over 40 pages using online application route? So I have to keep scanning it one after the other? Pls help
You scan with jpeg, reduce the size then convert jpeg to pdf.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by galala123(m): 9:29pm On May 28, 2018
Kemdy97:
Guys this is a copy of my refusal note..please what could dey mean by trying to locate my dads company via open sources but no hint... His company was registered in 2006 in CAC and d document was also submitted

I guess they mean something like the couldn't find the company listed after a simple internet search. eg Google search.

No HIT, not hiNt.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 9:36pm On May 28, 2018
Jewel80:
Goodmorning guys!
I went to do my medicals today, and i got the notion that upfront medicals can be a whole new wahala SOMETIMES. Some VOs dont actually take time to check for your result, they will just go ahead and regenerate another form for you to go do medicals, and in such cases, u will have to go back to where you did your medicals and do a redocumentation that will cost you another fee.

This is just what i found out today. Please gurus, how can i avoid this? Will stating in my SOP that i have done my medical on so so date help?
You won't be asked to pay any fee. Once you do your upfront medical, make sure you make photocopy of the medical receipt/proof that will be given to you by the clinic. Submit one copy with your application while you keep the other copy, it is that copy you will resend to cic if they request for your medical.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 9:37pm On May 28, 2018
Did your dad submit Tax clearance for his company?

Kemdy97:
Guys this is a copy of my refusal note..please what could dey mean by trying to locate my dads company via open sources but no hint... His company was registered in 2006 in CAC and d document was also submitted
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 9:41pm On May 28, 2018
For engineering courses you could say Nigeria education is mainly theoretical with little practical. And even if there are practicals, our equipment are outdated and all new equipment are being managed by expatriates cos they have the latest knowledge in handling these equipement. So you wish to bolster your knowledge with practical using latest technological equipment .... just ty to think, I’m sure you can come up with something in respect to your course. Goodluck

Bukella:
Hi everyone �..please what could be a realistic reason for choosing to go for a particular course outside Nigeria when it is also available in Nigeria. A good reason without degrading Nigeria. Need your ideas please.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 9:44pm On May 28, 2018
Kemdy97:
Kemdy97,

Yes the Canadian visa officers run through CAC website to know if the presented company is truly a genuine and a registered one under CAC. They might have searched for your dads company name and were unable to find it. That was why the issue was raised on your GCMS File.

Kindly, use the link below to check, if your dad business name appears on the offical CAC website: simply input the business name and it will pop up.

http://.gov.ng/comsearch/index.php

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 9:45pm On May 28, 2018
Lotusboi:
Did your dad submit Tax clearance for his company?

This was not the problem! People get visas without the bolded.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by chisiudeh: 9:47pm On May 28, 2018
Please how to to use this adobe fill and sign stuff?
cecechi:

You can use adobe reader fill & sign rather than printing out and scanning all over.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 9:47pm On May 28, 2018
Famzyactivity:

Please help your boy on how to tackle this .regards
The main issue there is fund, then home tie. Travel history isn't much of an issue, once you can tackle the first two then travel history will find its way.
How much is your tuition fee and how much did you declare? share your profile lets see

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Kishkosh: 9:55pm On May 28, 2018
mcobex:
The main issue there is fund, then home tie. Travel history isn't much of an issue, once you can tackle the first two then travel history will find its way.
How much is your tuition fee and how much did you declare? share your profile lets see

these guys ehn, @mcobex, frankrobbn1 and austinpee4, its like you guys brain combined should enter mine and carry me to Canada for my Master PDQ...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 9:56pm On May 28, 2018
Famzyactivity:
Gurus please help me analyse my gcms note
Famzyactivity,

To provide clarity on your GCMS file, The Visa officer is simply not satisfied you have social and economic ties that can compel your return back home after studies in Canada. Your guarantor has an insufficient funds to cover for both your tuition and living expenses in Canada. Travel history is not a factual reason for a refusal, once you can tackle your home ties and insufficient funds that was raised by the Visa officer, travel history will be waived for you.

Home ties:

Things like the below should be addressed in your SOP and backed up with strong evidence on file to address your family ties in Nigeria:

1-) Do you have a spouse and kids(minors) and are you leaving them behind?
2-) Do you have elderly parents who depend on you?
3-) Do you own a registered businesses/landed property that you need to continue managing?
4-) Do you have adequate funds?
5-) Do you have family members whom are not accompanying you to Canada?
6-) Do you have investments back home, that you will continue running like: Shares with the bank etc..
7-) Do you have an obligation in your community?.. A youth leader in your local community and you will be back to take up this position.

Pick any from the seven (7) listed above, that is applicable to you and discuss how it will induce you to return after studies in a realistic manner.

Insufficient available funds :

Pay your tuition fees and and let your sponsor transfer living expenses into your personal/dorm account.
In a situation where by your sponsor can't transfer living expenses funds to you, try as much as possible to pay up your full tuition and make sure your sponsor presents a strong letter of sponsorship stating that the remaining 10kCAD for your first year living expenses will be made accessible by you and available for you once you've successfully acquired your TRV, coupled with a sworn affidavit of sponsorship. Though, this must appear very convincing.

Lastly, endeavor to present a rational explanation to why you prefer Canada to Nigeria considering the high cost of foreign education. Why does your program deserve to be studied abroad not NIGERIA, since it will be cheaper here and favourable to your sponsor.

Do all this and you will be fine in your next application.

All the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Yinyechi: 10:05pm On May 28, 2018
Hello everyone, please I need a candid advice on this one.
I got admission into Confederation College, ON for a 2 year diploma in Developmental services worker. I have a B.Sc in Physiology. I then applied for study permit in April 2018 and got a refusal based on the following:
. Purpose of visit
. Personal asset and finance
. Travel history
. And insufficient ties
My Sop was detailed enough, so I was a bit confused when I saw purpose of visit because it was clearly stated that I was going to study, I even paid part of my tuition fee and included the receipt and acceptance letter to my documents. I didn’t add my account statement because I used that of my sponsor. Now the question is do I reapply for study permit or ask for a refund and apply for a masters instead cos most people are saying I got rejected because I put in for a diploma.
Please I await ur suggestions..Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 10:05pm On May 28, 2018
Kishkosh:

these guys ehn, @mcobex, frankrobbn1 and austinpee4, its like you guys brain combined should enter mine and carry me to Canada for my Master PDQ...
Kishkosh,

Funny guy! I remain loyal Sir!...Definitely you will be in Canada soon, it's a matter of time okay! Everything in life happens at their own time and pace. Keep reading past threads and other different relevant posts on the internet concerning filing a good study permit application and you will notice that you will be far better than everyone here!
I hope to see you contributing your quota to this great forum soon!

Cheers boss!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by chisiudeh: 10:09pm On May 28, 2018
Hello, were u able to sign the document without printing. If so, how did you do it please.
mightyola:
Thanks

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 10:12pm On May 28, 2018
Is your previous education in line with what you’ve proposed to study? Or is your work experience related to the same?
have you been engaged in any form of activity or employment since your graduation?
Before moving on, apply to get your gcms to know what exactly the VO picked as problems in your application that led to a rejection. The underlisted are just generic reasons. Goodluck

Yinyechi:
I got admission into Confederation College, ON for a 2 year diploma in Developmental services worker. I have a B.Sc in Physiology. I then applied for study permit in April 2018 and got a refusal based on the following:
. Purpose of visit
. Travel history
. And insufficient ties
My Sop was detailed enough, so I was a bit confused when I saw purpose of visit because it was clearly stated that I was going to study, I even paid part of my tuition fee and included the receipt and acceptance letter to my documents. I didn’t add my account statement because I used that of my sponsor. Now the question is do I reapply for study permit or ask for a refund and apply for a masters instead cos most people are saying I got rejected because I put in for a diploma.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 10:15pm On May 28, 2018
Kishkosh:

LOL! May God see us through bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Kishkosh: 10:17pm On May 28, 2018
Guys , pls , is it a must to include payslip and or bank transfer from employer as evidence of salary , what if employer state the amount the applicant receives as salary in the employment letter because to be honest, i work with my Uncle and he doesn't really transfer money to me as such, he pays/gives/dash me cash cuz of our cordial relationship. The man is like a father to me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by odimbannamdi(m): 10:18pm On May 28, 2018
reveal:
Got an MBA admission to MUN, they have the cheapest tuition fee, you can also check UNB St John.

On GMAT the fee is about $250 for the exam, you will definitely need some time to prepare for the exam if you are to do well (minimum of 2 months). You can register at mba.com, gmatclub.com is a good resource.

On CGPA, mine was 3.25, but the focus is on your last two years so if you have better grades in your last two years you are good to go.

[/font][font=Lucida Sans Unicode]

Did you honour the admission?
How did you make payments? Per semester?
I will research on the UNB.

I made the best grades in my final year. I think i made over 4.0. I pray they consider it.

I definitely will prepare soo hard for the GMAT. I intended taking the ITIL certification course, but now i will divert my resources and energy to the GMAT exam.

But, i am just wondering, are scholarships/fundings awarded based on stellar GMAT score? If yes, what score range would be categorized as such? Also, would a school like MUN award fundings based on that?

Thanks for your contribution and i look forward to your further answers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Candybright: 10:25pm On May 28, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

It's not too late depending on the institution you've in mind.
am still searching. I noticed some schools will refer one back to their Nigeria rep who will now tell you admission is closed when its showing open on the website.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by odimbannamdi(m): 10:26pm On May 28, 2018
bbclue:

Firstly MUN IS good and very cheap if u can afford the first semester tuition fee is okay....but you must start it in your sop that the school accept only first semester fee

But your need to look for a Co sponsor to support your 4m

And every student is mandatory to work 20 hours a week

I think gmat is 250dollar....I can't remember and you need to read hard for your exams because .... that is the little I know

I have read almost every MBA-related article there is on the MUN Faculty of Business website, and i keep getting the feeling that the school will be worth the venture. It seems a good school that will offer me quality at good price.

Based on your experience, how much would be substantial enough to see me through?

20hours per week is less than 3 hours daily. Thats okay, considering one has to also study. Please do you have an idea on how much one could get paid per hour if one were to get a job there?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 10:31pm On May 28, 2018
Kishkosh:
Guys , pls , is it a must to include payslip and or bank transfer from employer as evidence of salary , what if employer state it in the employment letter because to be honest, i work with my Uncle and he doesn't really transfer money to me as such, he pays/gives/dash me cash cuz of our cordial relationship. The man is like a father to me.
Kishkosh,

From experience, presenting to the embassy that you work and earn salary every month end, It is expected of you to present a paystubs from your employer and a salary bank statement to evident that you're truly paid into your account at every month end. It's not a rule that it must be a transfer, salaries can be paid by deposit into an employee account using the company name as the depositor. In your case where you work for a close relative (Uncle), you have to explain on your SOP that your current employer, who happens to be your uncle pays salaries by cash (seal envelope) of which you have some savings in your account (You then present your personal account).
If you do this, no issues will be raised!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 10:31pm On May 28, 2018
Kishkosh:
Guys , pls , is it a must to include payslip and or bank transfer from employer as evidence of salary , what if employer state the amount the applicant receives as salary in the employment letter because to be honest, i work with my Uncle and he doesn't really transfer money to me as such, he pays/gives/dash me cash cuz of our cordial relationship. The man is like a father to me.
No need for payslip,just explain it on your SOP that its a family business and they give you stipend. You uncle should also state same in his letter of support. But hope he will transfer funds to you or pay your tuition fee before you apply(to show commitment)? Cos it will help your case since he is a third party

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Kishkosh: 10:34pm On May 28, 2018
mcobex:
No need for payslip,just explain it on your SOP that its a family business and they give you stipend. You uncle should also state same in his letter of support. But hope he will transfer funds to you or pay your tuition fee before you apply(to show commitment)? Cos it will help your case since he is a third party

Thank you sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Kishkosh: 10:34pm On May 28, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Kishkosh,

From experience, presenting to the embassy that you work and earn salary every month end. It will expected of you to present a paystubs from your employer and a salary bank statement to evident that you're truly paid into your account at every month end. It's not a rule that it must be a transfer, salaries can be paid by deposit into an employee account using the company name as the depositor. In your case where you work for a close relative (Uncle), you have to explain on your SOP that your current employer, who happens to be your uncle pays salaries by cash (seal envelope) of which you have some savings in your account (You then present your personal account).
If you do this, no issues will be raised!

Thank you sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 10:35pm On May 28, 2018
Candybright:
am still searching. I noticed some schools will refer one back to their Nigeria rep who will now tell you admission is closed when its showing open on the website.
Candybright,

Searching for admission against fall by this time? No! It's late. I want to believe you're heading for a masters program. All masters degree/PGD/PGC applications against fall must be closed by now. Kindly apply for an admission for the winter.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 10:49pm On May 28, 2018
Yinyechi:
. Purpose of visit
. Travel history
. And insufficient ties
My Sop was detailed enough, so I was a bit confused when I saw purpose of visit because it was clearly stated that I was going to study, I even paid part of my tuition fee and included the receipt and acceptance letter to my documents.I didn’t add my account statement because I used that of my sponsor. Now the question is do I reapply for study permit or ask for a refund and apply for a masters instead cos most people are saying I got rejected because I put in for a diploma.
Yinyechi,

One behalf of this thread, we say we are deeply sorry about the outcome of your application. I bolded some of the errors you made in your previous refused application.
Be guided that payment of upfront tuition is not a prerequisite to Visa approval.
Do you work? If yes... Include your personal bank statement. If you're a fresh graduate and no work yet, I see no reasons including a bank statement on your behalf.
Yes those *Most people* that advised you earlier are absolutely correct, if you have a good CGPA for the last 2 years in the University or a 2.1 that can help in securing a direct masters degree, please apply for it as you stand a chance with this to a diploma program and be sure that is directly related to your previous studies/job role.

Finally, order for your CAIPS file using this link: This is simply a note that will further give clarification on the factual reason behind your application refusal.
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en

It will end in praises in your next application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Setemiola(m): 11:04pm On May 28, 2018
Thank you very much
Phocusjosh:
1. An acceptance letter from a designated learning institution (DLI)
2.A Valid passport or travel document
3. All CIC documents; Document checklist [IMM 5483], Visa office instructions – Study [IMM 5832], Application for a Study Permit made outside of Canada, Family Information Form [IMM 5707].
4. Proof of financial support i.e documents showing the availability of tuition for one year + $10,000cad + other expenses. This can be your Statement of account if self funded or sponsor's statement of account 4-6 months), letter of sponsorship, affidavit of sponsorship, documents showing source of income; employment letter, pay slips, ID Card, letter of introduction if employed while CAC certificate, memorandum of association, tax clearance certificate if self employed etc.
5. All related educational and professional documents
6. Letter of explanation; This letter helps the visa officer to understand you and your goals. It explains: why you want to study in Canada, and
that you understand the responsibilities as a student. Purpose of visit must be well explained. Also, convince the visa officer that your main purpose in Canada is to study and you will leave Canada at the end of your study period.
7. Documents showing home ties such as birth certificates, marriage certificate if married, landed documents (Certificate of occupancy, deed of agreements, survey plan)
8. Police character certificate, passport photographs.
Ensure you involve God in your application. Please, do research yourself.

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (517)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.