Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,862 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (265) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (787291 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 9:21am On Jul 07, 2018
Olokojobi:
Hello House,
Pls i have HND in Accounting and apply for Bsc in Business Admin and admission was given. Is it logical to pursue Bsc with HND , will Vo see this as an improvement in academic.

I need enlightenment on this pls

Go for a PGD/C to show a logical progression between your previous studies and proposed study in Canada.

All the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 9:27am On Jul 07, 2018
Professurr:
What are my chances of getting TRV with an application for admission into the 2 years B.Ed program?

You're better off going for a higher studies (PGC/D). A 2 year B.Ed will not be feasible here.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 9:44am On Jul 07, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Hi, I hope you are making progress with your application...It will surely end in praise.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 9:49am On Jul 07, 2018
GlitteringStar:

Hi, I hope you are making progress with your application...It will surely end in praise.

grin grin.... Making progress Ma! Thank you so much for your concern. wink

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 9:51am On Jul 07, 2018
Frankrobbn1:
grin grin.... Making progress Ma! Thank you so much for your concern. wink

Nice! I wish you the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ralfudoh(m): 10:19am On Jul 07, 2018
What does this mean?
ladyb4sure:
Hi everyone! A friend got this reply after biometrics and he is kind of confused what they actually mean by that...

Hello,

We are writing to inform you of an error in the Biometrics Instruction Letter that you or your client(s) may have recently received from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). The letter incorrectly states that applicants have the option of going to a Service Canada location to provide their biometrics. Please note that biometrics collection services will not be available at Service Canada locations until 2019.

In addition, the letter incorrectly indicated that biometrics are required to support applications for Permanent Residence, or to renew a Permanent Resident card. At this time, biometrics are not required to support these types of applications.

Biometrics are only required in support of an application for a:

work permit;
study permit; or
temporary resident visa.
What to do next:

When visiting a biometric collection service point, applicants must bring their initial IRCC Biometrics Instruction Letter, which provides proof of payment for the biometrics fee. Applicants should go in person to one of the following locations to have their fingerprints and photograph taken, if not already done:

If in the United States, applicants may go to a United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Application Support Center (ASC) or a Visa Application Centre (VAC)
If overseas, applicants may go to any Visa Application Centre (VAC)
For a complete list of biometric collection service points, please visit: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/campaigns/biometrics/where-to-give-biometrics.html

We apologize for any inconvenience that this error may have caused. If you require further clarification or additional information, you may contact the IRCC Call Center at 1-888-242-2100 if you are currently in Canada, or visit: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/client-support-centre.html.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by sogima(f): 11:02am On Jul 07, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Wow! This is really nice to see. Congratulations sogima I'm happy to be part of your TRV success.

I am most grateful

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by canadianxmas: 11:11am On Jul 07, 2018
Hello House,

Can someone please recommend a college or a university, where a CGPA of 2.5 can secure admission for a PGC/D program in canada

The GPA requirement for the ones I have checked so far, happens to demand higher CGPA than 2.5 apart from New brunswick community college which has not seat available at the moment.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ezriela: 11:53am On Jul 07, 2018
Try centennial college

canadianxmas:
Hello House,

Can someone please recommend a college or a university, where a CGPA of 2.5 can secure admission for a PGC/D program in canada

The GPA requirement for the ones I have checked so far, happens to demand higher CGPA than 2.5 apart from New brunswick community college which has not seat available at the moment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Josh1996: 12:04pm On Jul 07, 2018
Please any Simon Fraser university applicant or student (MASc) please holla
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Khunbz(f): 12:56pm On Jul 07, 2018
Josh1996:
Please any Simon Fraser university applicant or student (MASc) please holla
I am
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Mbaku86: 1:31pm On Jul 07, 2018
Clara2244:
Please i need somebody that applied to TRU to help me m. I applied there for a month now, haven't heard from them yet. And again i wish to know if the require tuition deposit. And how much it could be. Please.....

I believe it is a normal occurrence for them to delay their applications. I applied to TRU and VIU for an MBA at the same time. It took TRU over two months to positively reply me. By then i had already accepted and paid my Tuition deposit for VIU. Yes, they require a deposit. I believe the deposit might vary based on your course.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kingfintan: 1:32pm On Jul 07, 2018
misturotex:
Hello house,
Please how long does it take to process a Canada Study permit? And please can I still apply? I'm to resume this September. Thanks

I will advice you put up the application this week! Though the processing time is 9 weeks but many have been approved of their trv in less than 7 weeks.. so just take your shot and try, am also submitting this week. Ire o

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kingfintan: 1:44pm On Jul 07, 2018
Professurr:
What are my chances of getting TRV with an application for admission into the 2 years B.Ed program?
To my opinion I will suggest you go ahead and apply if you want to, all you need to do is try and convince the VO on why you need the propose course and how it will benefit you and complement your previous studies. You are regarded as a second degree student and that is why you going to finish in 2 years rather than the standard 4 years.. there is a guy here who is my friend, his study permit was approved on the 8 of June this year, he was going for another bachelors degree and to be completed in 2 years. So write a convincing SOP. It might fly for you. Just my suggestion tho.. ire oo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kingfintan: 1:46pm On Jul 07, 2018
Asapant:
Any volunteer that can help me review 3 lines of my LOI. (just 3 lines) dazzall I'll be glad.
Please are you submitting your cic application for September intake??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by hotcakept2: 1:52pm On Jul 07, 2018
Hi guys i was reading an old thread here were someone said he was denied even with a nicely packaged documents and someone advised him to get a gcms to improve his chances from canada. Please how will gcms improve ones chances.

NB I wanted to ask the person that advised that but the person was last seen two years ago
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Josh1996: 2:17pm On Jul 07, 2018
Check your mail

Khunbz:

I am
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Jimmychuks2018: 3:32pm On Jul 07, 2018
I already asked this in the group for spouse open work permit, nobody is responding! Please guys Is it too early for someone that applied on April 19th to send case specific enquiry next week? Did upfront medical,not yet updated!still on background check! Just my biometrics that was updated after I sent an email! Note processing time was like 11weeks as at when I applied! (SOWP) thank you my people.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Jewel80(f): 3:51pm On Jul 07, 2018
hotcakept2:
Hi guys i was reading an old thread here were someone said he was denied even with a nicely packaged documents and someone advised him to get a gcms to improve his chances from canada. Please how will gcms improve ones chances.

NB I wanted to ask the person that advised that but the person was last seen two years ago

The gcms note gives you the detailed reasons why a person was denied visa. With that, one can know how to best package and address the reasons pointed out in the gcms note. That was what the person meant by will help to improve your chances...hope this answers your question?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by hotcakept2: 3:58pm On Jul 07, 2018
Jewel80:

The gcms note gives you the detailed reasons why a person was denied visa. With that, one can know how to best package and address the reasons pointed out in the gcms note. That was what the person meant by will help to improve your chances...hope this answers your question?

Thanks for replying.

So someone like me that has not applied before does not need it shey? And also does adding one siblings birth certificate help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Austinpee4: 4:03pm On Jul 07, 2018
Jimmychuks2018:
I already asked this in the group for spouse open work permit, nobody is responding! Please guys Is it too early for someone that applied on April 19th to send case specific enquiry next week? Did upfront medical,not yet updated!still on background check! Just my biometrics that was updated after I sent an email! Note processing time was like 11weeks as at when I applied! (SOWP) thank you my people.
You can only send a CSE regarding your application after the stipulated processing time for SOWP has elapsed. Otherwise, you have to wait till updates emerge from the processing of your application. For your upfront medical update, be rest assured it will be updated(if this is the first time using the upfront medical). In all, be patient and hopeful.

Regards.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ratawu: 4:12pm On Jul 07, 2018
hotcakept2:

Thanks for replying.

So someone like me that has not applied before does not need it shey? And also does adding one siblings birth certificate help

You don't need any gcms notes since you have not been refused before. Gcms notes is only applicable to the previous visa refusal(s). You add your siblings birth certificate to show your family ties but spouse and children BCs are stronger
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Zaid123: 5:28pm On Jul 07, 2018
Dear NL
I need an advise I have been a silent reader on this thread for this year i applied for study permit in June though still awaiting their response but my GF too also apply but she was refused last week and we have ordered for gcms note and also write to Dalhousie University to issue her another letter for January. Please I need advise on the following

1 if my application is refused how will it feel to the VO if my GF is applying again and we apply as a couple with marriage certificate knowing fully well that I had already applied for study permit and was refused because I know they will issue a spousal work permit for me

2 looking at the time frame when she’ll apply again maybe by September is it advisable to apply as a couple won’t it show a bit of desperation

Please I need advise of my fellow NL

Please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Decline: 5:44pm On Jul 07, 2018
Please someone should help me with this question urgently. i just finished filling my student permit form for online route application but at the bottom of the form is a space for signature, how do i do it or should i leave the signature space blank?
I need urgent response

Thanks in anticpation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Trondevices: 5:59pm On Jul 07, 2018
Hi guys anyone applying for M.B.A. at Thompson rivers university for semptember or January intake please let’s connect.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 6:03pm On Jul 07, 2018
Decline:
Please someone should help me with this question urgently. i just finished filling my student permit form for online route application but at the bottom of the form is a space for signature, how do i do it or should i leave the signature space blank?
I need urgent response

Thanks in anticpation

Online applications doesn't require you to sign the IMM forms. You will be prompted to fill your name as a signature after uploading all necessary documentation in the required space. Some applicants uses the acrobat adobe reader to fill and sign, but this is not compulsory. It's okay you use the first one.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ratawu: 6:14pm On Jul 07, 2018
Zaid123:
Dear NL
I need an advise I have been a silent reader on this thread for this year i applied for study permit in June though still awaiting their response but my GF too also apply but she was refused last week and we have ordered for gcms note and also write to Dalhousie University to issue her another letter for January. Please I need advise on the following

1 if my application is refused how will it feel to the VO if my GF is applying again and we apply as a couple with marriage certificate knowing fully well that I had already applied for study permit and was refused because I know they will issue a spousal work permit for me

2 looking at the time frame when she’ll apply again maybe by September is it advisable to apply as a couple won’t it show a bit of desperation

Please

Clarify this:
Your spouse or your Girlfriend?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 6:20pm On Jul 07, 2018
Zaid123:
Dear NL

Please
Yours has not been denied, so why give the instance? Let your GF reapply(after seeing her GCMS note)..... Once the time comes you will know what to do but until then don't wish yourself bad luck. The fact your GF was denied doesn't mean you will be denied

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Jayjaycee18: 6:40pm On Jul 07, 2018
Clara2244:
Please i need somebody that applied to TRU to help me m. I applied there for a month now, haven't heard from them yet. And again i wish to know if the require tuition deposit. And how much it could be. Please.....

Hi. What session are you applying for? It's most likely the Fall (September 2018) application deadline for Admissions at TRU may be closed. Check and confirm if your application is for Jan 2019 session start. TRU normally issue initial admission letter to an applicant with a detailed breakdown of requirements for tuition payment/deposit for at least the 1st semester based on course of study. The final acceptance letter will subsequently be issued by TRU to the applicant, after receipt of the earlier advised required tuition deposit.

Goodluck

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.