Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,599 members, 7,820,147 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (280) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (787106 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by yerilistik: 9:46pm On Jul 12, 2018
kpizzle:
Thanks phucosjosh. I have mark you down to review my SOP.

My profile

10 yrs work experience for 2 international renowned companies (no gaps)
Self sponsor (refused application 8.6M, present closing balance 12.5 M)
Landed document of ongoing building plan approval
UG: University of Ibadan
Course: computer science
grade: 2.1, 2.9/4.0
grad course: management science (Masters)
Course duration: 1 yrs
Married: Yes
kids: 2 (both below 5)
Pension stmt: 9M

Which university did you apply? Master of science courses are usually 2 years
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Olayemudia: 9:46pm On Jul 12, 2018
myelims:

My passport still has 4 years before expiration.

Maybe your program is actually 1 year or a mistake was made. You should renew 6 months before the end of your permit.

Lastly, which university and program?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lagos2canna: 10:14pm On Jul 12, 2018
blaqnony:

Delay Letter?
Base on faith guy...... It's a bad experience that can lead to frustration
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lagos2canna: 10:22pm On Jul 12, 2018
kpizzle:

So, what's up with Kenya guys?

They are very fast with application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by MrsDaniels(f): 10:24pm On Jul 12, 2018
@Ratawu please i need you to pls help review my Sop before i submit tomorrow. Please can i private message you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kpizzle: 10:27pm On Jul 12, 2018
University of Waterloo. Course is not applied Science, applied sciences are the ones that are 2 yrs.

yerilistik:

Which university did you apply? Master of science courses are usually 2 years
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by harde116: 10:47pm On Jul 12, 2018
LOL! You know this how? Just asking o.

Lagos2canna:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mimikoko: 10:48pm On Jul 12, 2018
good evening, my brother just got a mail that his passport is ready for pick up. He applied for student visa but he wasn't called for medicals. pls is medicals a pre-requisite for student visa approval?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by matic12: 10:54pm On Jul 12, 2018
mimikoko:
good evening, my brother just got a mail that his passport is ready for pick up. He applied for student visa but he wasn't called for medicals. pls is medicals a pre-requisite for student visa approval?

When did he apply?

Paper or online route?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Austinpee4: 12:42am On Jul 13, 2018
myelims:

My passport still has 4 years before expiration.
The visa on your passport is NOT your study permit. It is a TRV to enable you travel to and fro Canada. Your Study permit will be issued to you at the port of entry(Airport).The study program length and your passport expiration will determine the length of the study permit to be issued at the point of entry. So the one year visa on your passport is to enable you travel in and out of Canada within one year(believing yours is the multiple entry visa). If you intend to travel after the expiration of the one year visa, you will have to renew you visa from inside Canada same as your study permit if you for whatsoever reason need to extend your study beyond the validity of your study permit. There is nothing to worry over.

Regards.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Jimmychuks2018: 2:48am On Jul 13, 2018
Send through CSE if it's required......my sister did medical after application submission and sent the medical slip through case specific enquiry and her medical was updated after 4days.

quote author=Naijaforeigner post=69321940]

boss I am talking about the family information form o. I am pissing on my pants here. are you sure?[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Youngblood28: 3:11am On Jul 13, 2018
Hey guy, is there anyone going to the University of Windsor this fall, please indicate lets connect.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Biakwa: 4:45am On Jul 13, 2018
mimikoko:

I think that should be a success. Congratulations

Please when did you apply, kindly share your time line.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Horlamidei(m): 5:27am On Jul 13, 2018
My close relative who's a Canadian citizen is willing to help me get to Canada and he suggests we will have it done through me coming there for masters. He gave me his white wife's graduated school name which is Memorial University (MUN) which is also close to his resident to check the school website for requirements and apply online first. The requirement states that masters is for people who made the total CGPA of at least 2.75 out of 4.0 which is a 2.1 here in nigeria but I graduated with 2.2 but I still applied with it despite my grade online and he's about paying 120$ for the online reg processing for admission. Please, is there any other Canada university that accepts 2.2 for masters or what do you suggest I do, please because he's ready and really really willing to help me?!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kpizzle: 5:45am On Jul 13, 2018
Exactly, under 3 weeks.

Lagos2canna:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ratawu: 6:14am On Jul 13, 2018
Biakwa:

I think that should be a success. Congratulations

Please when did you apply, kindly share your time line.

Did he do upfront medical? If yes, congrats to him but if no, I am sorry, it is a refusal.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ratawu: 6:16am On Jul 13, 2018
MrsDaniels:
@Ratawu please i need you to pls help review my Sop before i submit tomorrow. Please can i private message you.

Send it to adedibu2005@yahoo.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Biakwa: 6:44am On Jul 13, 2018
Ratawu:

Did he do upfront medical? If yes, congrats to him but if no, I am sorry, it is a refusal.

Ohhhoo just saw wasn't called for medicals

Hmmmmm
Just apply for your gcms note to see reasons
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by blaqnony: 6:50am On Jul 13, 2018
Lagos2canna:

Base on faith guy...... It's a bad experience that can lead to frustration

I just wanted to know what Delay Letter means ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lagos2canna: 7:23am On Jul 13, 2018
Horlamidei:
My close relative who's a Canadian citizen is willing to help me get to Canada and he suggests we will have it done through me coming there for masters. He gave me his white wife's graduated school name which is Memorial University (MUN) which is also close to his resident to check the school website for requirements and apply online first. The requirement states that masters is for people who made the total CGPA of at least 2.75 out of 4.0 which is a 2.1 here in nigeria but I graduated with 2.2 but I still applied with it despite my grade online and he's about paying 120$ for the online reg processing for admission. Please, is there any other Canada university that accepts 2.2 for masters or what do you suggest I do, please because he's ready and really really willing to help me?!
Is your 2.2 between 3.1 to 3.4 and what course are you applying for.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 7:24am On Jul 13, 2018
Austinpee4:

The visa on your passport is NOT your study permit. It is a TRV to enable you travel to and fro Canada. Your Study permit will be issued to you at the port of entry(Airport).The study program length and your passport expiration will determine the length of the study permit to be issued at the point of entry. So the one year visa on your passport is to enable you travel in and out of Canada within one year(believing yours is the multiple entry visa). If you intend to travel after the expiration of the one year visa, you will have to renew you visa from inside Canada same as your study permit if you for whatsoever reason need to extend your study beyond the validity of your study permit. There is nothing to worry over.

Regards.

Hello @Austinpee4,

Thanks for this information. Please, I would like to ask, does it mean that if one already has a valid visitor TRV, upon approval of study visa application, passport request would not be requested for stamping ( since one already has a visa) only approval would be given and then when i travel i get my study permit at the point of entry?

Or is it that a special student visa for Canada exists, in this case, they will call for passports and reissue a particular student visa?

Please shed more light on this for me. Other nairalanders who have this information can also share please.

Thanks

goingforward.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Horlamidei(m): 7:38am On Jul 13, 2018
Lagos2canna:

Is your 2.2 between 3.1 to 3.4 and what course are you applying for.

It's btw 2.7 to 3.0 in Civil engineering. Is there hope for me in it or any other Canadian uni?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kylexy61(m): 7:47am On Jul 13, 2018
goingforward:

Hello @Austinpee4,

Thanks for this information. Please, I would like to ask, does it mean that if one already has a valid visitor TRV, upon approval of study visa application, passport request would not be requested for stamping ( since one already has a visa) only approval would be given and then when i travel i get my study permit at the point of entry?

Or is it that a special student visa for Canada exists, in this case, they will call for passports and reissue a particular student visa?

Please shed more light on this for me. Other nairalanders who have this information can also share please.

Thanks

goingforward.

On my TRV, it is clearly indicated that it's a Student Visa. So yes, a separate Student Visa exists and I think you'll still be asked to submit your passport.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by yerilistik: 8:20am On Jul 13, 2018
kpizzle:
University of Waterloo. Course is not applied Science, applied sciences are the ones that are 2 yrs.

Ok thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by dubaiboy1: 8:30am On Jul 13, 2018
Hi guys ! Is SOA printed on June 29th still valid for submission if I intend to submit my application tomorrow July 14th ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by joe10: 8:30am On Jul 13, 2018
dubaiboy1:
Hi guys ! Is SOA printed on June 28th still valid for submission if I intend to submit my application tomorrow July 14th ?

Yes it is
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by blaugrana82(m): 9:49am On Jul 13, 2018
Try University of Saskatchewan, Ottawa, MUN takes 2.2 also
Horlamidei:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lagos2canna: 9:51am On Jul 13, 2018
Horlamidei:

It's btw 2.7 to 3.0 in Civil engineering. Is there hope for me in it or any other Canadian uni?
There is hope with low rank University and make sure you have a good sop and research proposal

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lagos2canna: 9:54am On Jul 13, 2018
joe10:

Yes it is
Sup joe did you reapply again with online route?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by joe10: 10:14am On Jul 13, 2018
Lagos2canna:

Sup joe did you reapply again with online route?

Am considering paper route this time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.