Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,190 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (286) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (786315 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 5:54pm On Jul 16, 2018
Pawlahh:
Hey guys i need your advice, i just got my stamped passport, my passport would be expiring 3rd week of January, should i make a new passport before i travel or renew the passport when i get to Canada?

When exactly do you intend to travel to Canada? If it is around August or September(which is around 6 months or less to January) then try and get your passport in Nigeria cos it will be cheaper and less stressful for you. You school/city might be far from Ottawa.
IN OTHER WORD, GET IT DONE IN NAIJA

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by harde116: 6:11pm On Jul 16, 2018
This is the problem, too much of these things leads to unnecessary anxiety. But if it means anything, i feel those things would add to your application, especially for the fact that they are relevant, coming from two people that matter and they even addressed some major concerns of the VO, provided you have not said anything contradictory.

Relax abeg and don't overwork yourself, the application has been sent anyway so what exactly do you want to change? Leave it! Pray and hope for the best.

Cheers mate!

kingfintan:

Thanks ratawu for responding to my issues, actually, the professor in Canada, actually wrote on the relevance of the course, how it an excellent fit for my previous academic qualification, employment prospect, recommendation, telling the VO he strongly advice them to approve my visa as a genuine student.. as for my lecturer here in Nigeria, he tackled how the course is needed here in Nigeria and all.. am just afraid, I shouldn’t have added them..the letters look cool, but just scared the VOs might see it another way! I tried to tackle the reasons I was denied tho..have not seen anybody collected letter from school.. mo gbe ooooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by harde116: 6:12pm On Jul 16, 2018
If it is not urgent and bulky, please send me a PM.

Cheers

Carlz1:
. Please can you review my sop?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kingfintan: 6:14pm On Jul 16, 2018
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kingfintan: 6:16pm On Jul 16, 2018
harde116:
This is the problem, too much of these things leads to unnecessary anxiety. But if it means anything, i feel those things would add to your application, especially for the fact that they are relevant, coming from two people that matter and they even addressed some major concerns of the VO, provided you have not said anything contradictory.

Relax abeg and don't overwork yourself, the application has been sent anyway so what exactly do you want to change? Leave it! Pray and hope for the best.

Cheers mate!

Thanks bro! I will just remove my mind and pursue other things in life.. what gonna be will be.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Pawlahh: 6:31pm On Jul 16, 2018
harde116:
Please renew your passport here. Why go there to stress if you can do it here. Then, you go with the two passports.

Okay so it won’t be a problem going with two passports?, okay will think of this then
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Pawlahh: 6:32pm On Jul 16, 2018
mcobex:
When exactly do you intend to travel to Canada? If it is around August or September(which is around 6 months or less to January) then try and get your passport in Nigeria cos it will be cheaper and less stressful for you. You school/city might be far from Ottawa.
IN OTHER WORD, GET IT DONE IN NAIJA

Will be leaving August, and this month (July) make it 6 months for d renewal...thanks will do this then
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Olayemudia: 6:45pm On Jul 16, 2018
harde116:
Please renew your passport here. Why go there to stress if you can do it here. Then, you go with the two passports.

You can't have two valid passports at the same time.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kpizzle: 6:46pm On Jul 16, 2018
This is more like a million dollar advice not 5 cents. I am using this as a guideline to reapply.

jnyuwa02:

You are absolutely right, it is vague. Much will depend on how you repackage your application, especially your Sop. Sometimes faced with so many applications and little time to make a decisions, the VOs have generic already prepared statements like this on their computers that just begin to draw from and slap on applicants. If I tell you how many GCMS notes of people I have read with almost the same wordings as yours, you will be amazed. The crux of the matter from what I can tell from the GCMS, is convincing the VO that you will return to Nigeria. Don't do the mistake many applicants make when reapplying, making similar statements like they did before in the previous application. If you have been refused before, when reapplying, your SOP should be a rebuttal of the statements that the VO outlined as reasons for refusal of previous application . After you have done that foremost, then you can go ahead and tackle other things that the Vo didn't mention. Leave no stone untouched.

You can show the VO your bonafides as genuine student by emphasizing your academic strength on your transcript and pointing to other places in the record that compels the belief that you will attend school and not merely using a student permit as a way of facilitating entry to Canada.

You can show that you will return to Nigeria by presenting strong family ties. It is not enough to submit a marriage certificate and birth certificate of your children. You must talk about the close knit and loving family you have and how going to Canada would be hard on the family. Anyone can have a family, but it takes a person of character to take family seriously.

You can also show other ties that bind you to your home. Property and investment and job prospects. Take an extra step if you have property, to follow through with the valuation of the land by a registered quantity surveyor, including a detailed plan of the property. Don't just present the property documents. Talk about how you stand to be a beneficiary of the property or investment if its not in your name. Include pay slips and show that your job prospects back to Nigeria are great by what you would study if you don't have a job yet.

Give details of your planned program and how it would translate back to Nigeria on return. Talk about why you decided to study abroad and not Nigeria. Reasons like a foreign education is highly respected in Nigeria in themselves, hardly pass. Show how such respect for a foreign degree in Nigeria applies personally to you and what you intend to do for Nigeria.

Admitting weakness or showing remorse is very powerful in a SOP. It makes you credible before a VO.

Keep everything concise, straight and to the point. Don't start giving away answers or voluntarily revealing information that was never asked from you. Your evidence assembled should do a majority of the talking for you. Good luck reapplying again. One denial is never fatal to an application if the right steps are followed in tackling previous refusal.

My five cents.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Olayemudia: 6:51pm On Jul 16, 2018
Pawlahh:

Okay so it won’t be a problem going with two passports?, okay will think of this then

I'm not sure you can hold two valid passports at the same time. Immigration officers cancel the one about to expire.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by cecechi: 7:10pm On Jul 16, 2018
Hello everyone.... I submitted my passport 27th June and I haven't received it, I have called vfs and sent an email, they said it's still processing at Canadian embassy... please advice... what should I do as it has passed the 8-10 working days.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by harde116: 7:17pm On Jul 16, 2018
I didn't say that. One carries your VISA, one shows your citizenship is still valid. People travel with three passports, especially the ones that travel alot. I travel with two and they refer to where you have your visa stamped.

Olayemudia:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by harde116: 7:20pm On Jul 16, 2018
It has never been a problem. It's you that is in both passports, one just only expires soon, and the other takes up the job from there.

Pawlahh:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ssticks(m): 7:27pm On Jul 16, 2018
cecechi:
Hello everyone.... I submitted my passport 27th June and I haven't received it, I have called vfs and sent an email, they said it's still processing at Canadian embassy... please advice... what should I do as it has passed the 8-10 working days.

I would advice you go physically to their office to inquire about it.. I saw when you asked the other time that how long does it take.. Am surprised you haven't still because I submitted mine 5th of July, and it got stamped on Friday (saw the update on my CIC account status), I collected my stamped passport today.. So go and find out ooo.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by wealth360: 7:34pm On Jul 16, 2018
Mr. It will be cancelled without prejudice by the Nigeria Immigration.
Olayemudia:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by cecechi: 7:34pm On Jul 16, 2018
ssticks:

I would advice you go physically to their office to inquire about it.. I saw when you asked the other time that how long does it take.. Am surprised you haven't still because I submitted mine 5th of July, and it got stamped on Friday (saw the update on my CIC account status), I collected my stamped passport today.. So go and find out ooo.
I will go there tomorrow morning and complain.... do I need to send a mail to Canadian embassy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 7:43pm On Jul 16, 2018
Olayemudia:

Says who?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kylexy61(m): 7:43pm On Jul 16, 2018
Pawlahh:

Yeah. Else you'll have to pay for the costs of travelling to and from Ottawa, applying for passport renewal and also study permit extension. The total cost may sum up to more than 500CAD.

I'm currently in a somewhat similar situation. But my passport won't expire for another 2 years (it will expire before I graduate). I tried to renew, but with 2 years validity remaining, they wouldn't permit me to.

So I'll have to renew in Canada.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Naomi2016: 7:54pm On Jul 16, 2018
Hello, pls I need your advice, my hubby just finished his master's and he's supposed to apply for his PhD in a Canadian university but he's afraid of rejection because according to him, PhD admission is very difficult in Canada so he's considering going for another master's. Pls advise us on which one is easier. God bless you all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by harde116: 7:57pm On Jul 16, 2018
It's sad when people are ignorant of something and they argue with all confidence. So if you have a US visa on a passport, and your passport expires and you provide a newly renewed passport. Your visa will be cancelled? And why do some people have 2 or 3 passports sometimes? Please think well first before you answer.

Thanks

wealth360:
Mr. It will be cancelled without prejudice by the Nigeria Immigration.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by wealth360: 8:11pm On Jul 16, 2018
Mr Man you do not address someone you do not know to think well ok? if you follow the questions and answers of the issue to be treated here you will notice my answer is for the person that said "you can't have two valid passports at the same time" and my response is that the previous passport will be cancelled without prejudice. If you claim to be smart and knows how to think you will understand my response and you wont reply me that way.
harde116:
It's sad when people are ignorant of something and they argue with all confidence. So if you have a US visa on a passport, and your passport expires and you provide a newly renewed passport. Your visa will be cancelled? And why do some people have 2 or 3 passports sometimes? Please think well first before you answer.

Thanks

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ssticks(m): 8:22pm On Jul 16, 2018
cecechi:

I will go there tomorrow morning and complain.... do I need to send a mail to Canadian embassy

No you don't need to yet, hear what they have to say first at the embassy... Maybe there was a mistake somewhere (maybe name spelling error) that is causing the delay, who knows.. It will come by Gods grace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Olayemudia: 8:29pm On Jul 16, 2018
harde116:
I didn't say that. One carries your VISA, one shows your citizenship is still valid. People travel with three passports, especially the ones that travel alot. I travel with two and they refer to where you have your visa stamped.

The two are not valid at the same time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by cecechi: 8:37pm On Jul 16, 2018
ssticks:

No you don't need to yet, hear what they have to say first at the embassy... Maybe there was a mistake somewhere (maybe name spelling error) that is causing the delay, who knows.. It will come by Gods grace
Okay thank you, will be at vfs tomorrow
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Awake18(m): 8:40pm On Jul 16, 2018
jummolami:
Good morning All.

God is awesome. "Behold I will do a new thing, now shall it spring forth!!!. I will make a way in the wilderness" saith the Lord!!!!!

Visa approved this morning @ exactly 3 months of application.

Applied: 16th April,
Medical request: July 3rd
Medical passed: July 11th
Approval/Passpport Request: July 16th

This came after a refusal last year. But God has done it.

University of manitoba -
IGSES Award
paid tuition balance

Thank God.

I really appreciate u all
Congrats brother.finally God has done it,my testimony is next

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by harde116: 8:50pm On Jul 16, 2018
I only asked a question and i advised you to think well. I'm not sure i have said too much...
The problem i have with your comment is you are wrong, but you no wan gree. lol

It's okay bro, the guy will sort the problem asap and he will do it himself.

Cheers mate

wealth360:
Mr Man you do not address someone you do not know to think well ok? if you follow the questions and answers of the issue to be treated here you will notice my answer is for the person that said "you can't have two valid passports at the same time" and my response is that the previous passport will be cancelled without prejudice. If you claim to be smart and knows how to think you will understand my response and you wont reply me that way.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by malcom2x(m): 9:02pm On Jul 16, 2018
Jimmychuks2018:
In case you are interested, my wife said there is a 4 bedroom apartment for rent in her building for 400 each, utilities included 5mins walk to University of Regina and close to bus stop for those going to saskpoly. So if you are interested contact me and I will give her phone number to you for viewing.

I applied for uni of Regina. I hope I get the admission den we can talk.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by wealth360: 9:34pm On Jul 16, 2018
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by wealth360: 9:35pm On Jul 16, 2018
See dis new moniker, Guy you know nothing ok.
harde116:
I only asked a question and i advised you to think well. I'm not sure i have said too much...
The problem i have with your comment is you are wrong, but you no wan gree. lol

It's okay bro, the guy will sort the problem asap and he will do it himself.

Cheers mate

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by sanjay01: 10:28pm On Jul 16, 2018
cecechi:
Pls sir can u send me VFS contact number , i couldnt reached all their numbers today. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by odimbannamdi(m): 10:38pm On Jul 16, 2018
Decline:

In my opinion nope!!! I try using my HND to apply for masters in New Zealand, Hungary, Japan and the Netherlands but they were all rejected. Then I have to apply for undergraduate in Canada and I was offered 3yrs bachelor in Economics. But you can try or better still go for undergraduate. Good luck

This information is scaring the hell out of me.

My bro is studying Marine Engineering at MAN, Oron, and what they issue is an HND certificate.

Does it he cant probably further his studies in a foreign university with his certificate?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by tsolution: 10:53pm On Jul 16, 2018
tsolution:
Great minds, kindly advise.
@ustinpee, @justwise, @charlyduru

I am interested in pursuing an Masters in Educational Administration n not sure if l have the right qualifications.

I will be glad if you can advise based on my Nigerian qualifications below.

Bachelor of Technology, Chemical Engineering(B.Tech) - 3.25/5 CGPA (last 4 semesters)

Masters in Business Administration (OAU MBA Executive)

Teaching experience pry 1 - Academics during undergraduate holidays

Interested in having a school and working on getting licence from ministry of education

4 years teaching experience 3yr Old
- Religious and Moral (Volunteer)

11 years job experience in Financial Institution.

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.