Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,134 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (305) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (790247 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Uchboggy(m): 3:34pm On Jul 24, 2018
goingforward:
June applicants any update from anyone... angry undecided cry.
People who applied in the 1st week of June must have seen an update by now.
If you have seen any update please share to encourage people like us who applied and waiting for 6 weeks now.

Goingforward.
may 26th applicant, nothing after biometrics o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 3:44pm On Jul 24, 2018
blaqnony:

This is absolutely correct. I wonder why exactly a WhatsApp group must be further created.

I guess to help June and July applicants vent among themselves while also staying engaged here in the larger house. I can see some merits to that.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by reveal: 3:46pm On Jul 24, 2018
Hi AustinPee. Sent you a PM

Austinpee4:

Spot on! I couldn't agree more. One ishi-ewu for you dia! wink
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Omowunmibaby: 3:50pm On Jul 24, 2018
Did you apply together?
croyance:
Hello House,

I have my study permit approved and as at yesterday, my wife got her own SOWP approved too, but she is pregnant and to give birth very soon like 5weeks time. please what are the chances of traveling down to Canada without any problem at the POE? please i will appreciate any opinion from experience.

I have made plans for a 6moths Health Insurance in advance, securing accommodation ahead!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 4:00pm On Jul 24, 2018
Omowunmibaby:
Did you apply together?

Shouldn’t be a problem if asked and you flash them your evidence of financial capability to support you and your wife and health insurance arrangement made. No palava whatsoever. You have crossed the major crossroads which was getting a permit and SOWP.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 4:05pm On Jul 24, 2018
Aghatise:
Thanks - they just updated my profile but no letter. All I see is the request for medical letter.

What you should be looking for next is not a letter, but an update on your profile that your application has been approved. If you applied online, you should then get a passport request letter. Another letter, letter of Introduction comes next, which is the last remaining frontier, comes usually after your visa has been physically issued to you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Omowunmibaby: 4:15pm On Jul 24, 2018
Please can you tell me, if you applied together, as a single application
Omowunmibaby:
Did you apply together?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by sonaskhi: 4:31pm On Jul 24, 2018
Hello Everyone
I applied for Canada study permit on may 23rd online (I am from Nigeria)
I received an update today 24th of July
Requesting for medicals
D tin is I already did upfront medicals and submitted along with my application
What do I do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by joe10: 4:50pm On Jul 24, 2018
sonaskhi:
Hello Everyone
Requesting for medicals
What do I do?

Since your application was online you should still have a copy of the medical result submitted earlier, scan and resend to CIC via their various email addresses and online email portal.

I hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Fleshly: 4:59pm On Jul 24, 2018
Please people, I've asked this question before yet no answer. Can anyone rescue me by telling me the processes involved in submitting my visa application in Ghana or South Africa and the time duration these destinations take in processing visa applications. Also can I submit my application in these locations by DHL? or do I need to physically submit the Application my self.

I just want to submit (visa application) there because of the ungodly time it takes to process ones visa application here in Nigeria.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Naijaforeigner: 5:16pm On Jul 24, 2018
mightyola:
Cool. PGD/PGC?.

You have an undergrad degree from Jand?

Mine is Network and Security Architecture. PGC

Yes undergrad in Jand and PGC in Canada.

I had a 2:1 but I still opted for PGC cause masters admission for fall already closed by the time I made up my mind to try Canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ben266: 5:19pm On Jul 24, 2018
I think to address your question you would need to confirm if you are a citizen or if you possess work or study permit in the countries you have mentioned. From what I have read on this platform, you can apply from another country if you reside there as either a student or if you have work permit. If you do not fall under the aforementioned category, you would not be able to apply from the locations you have mentioned.

Secondly, i am aware that there are only two ways to apply for study permit online and submitting your documents physically. You can google the location of the Canadian high commission/embassy to locate their offices in Ghana and South Africa, following which you would be expected to physically submit your application. Note that for physical application, your biometrics will be taken immediately as that is a prerequisite for the visa application.

I hope this helps and i trust that others with more information will share same with you. In the absence of all else, you can google the information yo require and see if you would find anything useful.

All the best.

Fleshly:
Please people, I've asked this question before yet no answer. Can anyone rescue me by telling me the processes involved in submitting my visa application in Ghana or South Africa and the time duration these destinations take in processing visa applications. Also can I submit my application in these locations by DHL? or do I need to physically submit the Application my self.

I just want to submit (visa application) there because of the ungodly time it takes to process ones visa application here in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Fleshly: 5:21pm On Jul 24, 2018
Ben266:
I think to address your question you would need to confirm if you are a citizen or if you possess work or study permit in the countries you have mentioned. From what I have read on this platform, you can apply from another country if you reside there as either a student or if you have work permit. If you do not fall under the aforementioned category, you would not be able to apply from the locations you have mentioned.

Secondly, i am aware that there are only two ways to apply for study permit online and submitting your documents physically. You can google the location of the Canadian high commission/embassy to locate their offices in Ghana and South Africa, following which you would be expected to physically submit your application. Note that for physical application, your biometrics will be taken immediately as that is a prerequisite for the visa application.

I hope this helps and i trust that others with more information will share same with you. In the absence of all else, you can google the information yo require and see if you would find anything useful.

All the best.

Thanks for your help!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 5:25pm On Jul 24, 2018
Fleshly:

You call 10 weeks ungodly? Last fall at this time it was 22 weeks. That must be the zenith of ungodliness in your dictionary. At any length, to apply in Ghana or South Africa you must have residency, student status or citizenship there. Otherwise you would be rejected based on status in country of application, meaning you would have spent enormously to travel there, only to be returned to square one. If you have the stated status in those countries, as said, you still have to appear physically to apply there. Best wishes.

Ps: I will advice you apply in Nigeria. Even those with legal residency applying abroad are subjected to very lengthy processing time because of their unique status in those countries. They have to verify stuffs. I had a guy from Denmark call me up two days ago who is resident there, complaining he has been subjected to much more longer processing time than ordinarily Danish citizens applying in that country.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Jewel80(f): 5:33pm On Jul 24, 2018
sonaskhi:
Hello Everyone
Requesting for medicals
What do I do?

I had the same issue, i sent to:
LDNIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca
accraimmigration@international.gc.ca
nairobi@international.gc.ca
lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca
accra.immigration@international.gc.ca
nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca
abu-dhabi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
ankara-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

I also did the webform thing, i chose Lagos as application office.

Most of all, remember to add !URGENT! in your subject. Also add your CIC specific infos for easy tracing of your application. I hope this helps.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by sonaskhi: 5:46pm On Jul 24, 2018
Jewel80:

I had the same issue, i sent to:
LDNIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca
accraimmigration@international.gc.ca
nairobi@international.gc.ca
lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca
accra.immigration@international.gc.ca
nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca
abu-dhabi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
ankara-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

I also did the webform thing, i chose Lagos as application office.

Most of all, remember to add !URGENT! in your subject. Also add your CIC specific infos for easy tracing of your application. I hope this helps.

Thanks I'll do all dat
How long did it take for dem to update you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by oyakojo(m): 6:08pm On Jul 24, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I applied for Canadian online study permit on June 24th and was called for biometric test July 6th which i did on July 9th. Ever since, I have not received updates on my application. its being exactly a month I applied and no instruction for medicals. Can the Gurus in the house advice on the next action to take?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ratawu: 6:15pm On Jul 24, 2018
oyakojo:
Hello Everyone,

I applied for Canadian online study permit on June 24th and was called for biometric test July 6th which i did on July 9th. Ever since, I have not received updates on my application. its being exactly a month I applied and no instruction for medicals. Can the Gurus in the house advice on the next action to take?

Nothing would be done on your application until you did the biometrics. Start counting the processing days of your application from July 9th that you did your biometrics. Your application will be reading background check now which may take three to six weeks before the review of eligibility review. You can't get a medical call until they start reviewing your eligibility

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by wealth360: 6:17pm On Jul 24, 2018
That is not wise enough. Please contact the hospital where you did your upfront medical to check in with them if your medical result was sent to CIC because you got a medical request again. they might want to send it to CIC directly again instead of bombarding those addresses with email.
sonaskhi:

Thanks I'll do all dat
How long did it take for dem to update you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by wealth360: 6:20pm On Jul 24, 2018
That is not wise enough. Please contact the hospital where you did your upfront medical to check in with them if your medical result was sent to CIC because you got a medical request again. they might want to send it to CIC directly again instead of bombarding those addresses with email
sonaskhi:
Hello Everyone
Requesting for medicals
What do I do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Fleshly: 6:22pm On Jul 24, 2018
jnyuwa02:

You call 10 weeks ungodly? Last fall at this time it was 22 weeks. That must be the zenith of ungodliness in your dictionary. At any length, to apply in Ghana or South Africa you must have residency, student status or citizenship there. Otherwise you would be rejected based on status in country of application, meaning you would have spent enormously to travel there, only to be returned to square one. If you have the stated status in those countries, as said, you still have to appear physically to apply there. Best wishes.

Ps: I will advice you apply in Nigeria. Even those with legal residency applying abroad are subjected to very lengthy processing time because of their unique status in those countries. They have to verify stuffs. I had a guy from Denmark call me up two days ago who is resident there, complaining he has been subjected to much more longer processing time than ordinarily Danish citizens applying in that country.

Thanks so much! I will be needing my passport to make an Italian visa application sometime in Sept, all the same I appreciate your response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by oyakojo(m): 6:36pm On Jul 24, 2018
Ratawu:

Nothing would be done on your application until you did the biometrics. Start counting the processing days of your application from July 9th that you did your biometrics. Your application will be reading background check now which may take three to six weeks before the review of eligibility review. You can't get a medical call until they start reviewing your eligibility

Thanks for your prompt response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by wealth360: 6:37pm On Jul 24, 2018
Bros kindly put a stop to this "at this time last year it was 22 weeks" Study permit has never been 22weeks not even in the 2 past consecutive years.
At this period last year precisely in June 09, 2017, a moniker called Yomalicious asked a question about her application and how long will it take her to get a response? @mcobex responded to her and quoted the processing time as at then to be 14 weeks. Only in SOWP application you will see 22-24 weeks processing time as at last year for Nigerians. Just correcting
jnyuwa02:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 6:47pm On Jul 24, 2018
wealth360:
Bros kindly put a stop to this "at this time last year it was 22 weeks" Study permit has never been 22weeks not even in the 2 past consecutive years.
At this period last year precisely in June 09, 2017, a moniker called Yomalicious asked a question about her application and how long will it take her to get a response? @mcobex responded to her and quoted the processing time as at then to be 14 weeks. Only in SOWP application you will see 22-24 weeks processing time as at last year for Nigerians. Just correcting

Put a stop to what? Take a chill pill, I do remember processing time last year at it apex been 22 weeks. Many waited an average of 5 months last year fall to hear of a decision is a fact! Many were backlogged and couldn’t make it in the fall. Reform was needed and it came this year!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by wealth360: 7:19pm On Jul 24, 2018
Many waited for long agreed, but be sincere on CIC website did you see anything like 22 weeks for study permit processing time? A VO decision on an application can take more than the official processing time on their website. you no specify which one bro that is what am saying. grin
jnyuwa02:

Put a stop to what? Take a chill pill, I do remember processing time last year at it apex been 22 weeks. Many waited an average of 5 months last year fall to hear of a decision is a fact! Many were backlogged and couldn’t make it in the fall. Reform was needed and it came this year!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Omonoba1981(f): 7:30pm On Jul 24, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Mine was like 6months last year. And end up with reject.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Omonoba1981(f): 7:32pm On Jul 24, 2018
[quote author=wealth360 post=69673259]Many waited for long agreed, but be sincere on CIC website did you see anything like 22 weeks for study permit processing time? A VO decision on an application can take more than the official processing time on their website. you no specify which one bro that is what am saying. grin [/quote

You are just lucky, you havent seens 22 weeks. Last year around same time it was like 22 for Nigeria and 21 weeks for Ghana. Mine even took more that the 22weeks. I send mail I tire!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goldbergg: 7:33pm On Jul 24, 2018
AKFTK:
VISA Delivered today. Processed in Nairobi, Kenya.

Applied on May 8th 2018, Medical request on June 8th, Medical done on 14th if June and passed on 25th of June.

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED

ACADEMICS
Admission Letter: MSc Computer Science, University of Saskatchewan
University Certificate: Universe of Lagos (First Class)
Curriculum Vitae
Transcript
WAEC Result
Copies of all scholarships and awards received during undergraduate.

PROOF OF FUNDS
Scholarship Offer Letter from University of Saskatchewan (20,000CAD)
About #78,000 in my NYSC Account
Uncle's letter of Support (Pledged an additional 2M for flight and other miscellaneous and sent 1M to my account as a show of his commitment)
Uncle's Salary Account.
Uncle's Letter if Introduction from his company (He's the CEO)
My GTB Account statement indicating the 1M from my uncle

HOME TIES.
My birth certificate
My younger sister's birth certificate

OTHER DOCUMENTS
All CIC Documents
Police Report Certificate
SOP

Special thanks to Ademco, PhocusJosh, jnyuwa and every other persons that contributed to this story one way or the other.

For all TRV hopefuls, your testimony is coming soon by the grace of God

ABOVE ALL, GOD'S FAVOUR.
AlhamduliLlah.

Congratulations!!
Please as regards ur scholarship, they used ur last two years !? And it was over 85%..?
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Omonoba1981(f): 7:41pm On Jul 24, 2018
wealth360:
Many waited for long agreed, but be sincere on CIC website did you see anything like 22 weeks for study permit processing time? A VO decision on an application can take more than the official processing time on their website. you no specify which one bro that is what am saying. grin

Attached was the reply I got after sending a mail complaining my application was over 6months

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Carlz1: 7:48pm On Jul 24, 2018
wealth360:
have you confirmed what we talked about?
Yes I have. Made all necessary adjustments
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by blaqnony: 7:55pm On Jul 24, 2018
Omonoba1981:

Mine was like 6months last year. And end up with reject.

Nawa o. 6 months? That was terrible. We're you ever called for medicals before the denial ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by dtush(f): 8:01pm On Jul 24, 2018
joe10:

Since your application was online you should still have a copy of the medical result submitted earlier, scan and resend to CIC via their various email addresses and online email portal.

I hope this helps.

This doesn't always work oo. My brother had to go back to the hospital he used and had some sort of rework medicals done. Dey charged 14k for this. He also did upfront medicals at Children's practice

(1) (2) (3) ... (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.