Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,485 members, 7,819,760 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (329) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (786950 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Bieber78: 12:48pm On Aug 02, 2018
Bukella:
Somebody shout haleluyah.. Application approved!
Application approved!

God is faithful. I am not better than anyone else here but God has proven himself.
1st application - applied April 17, refused may 11
Refused based on travel history, purpose, personal asset and financial status.

Reapplied June 19th, I got assurance from God my second application will be approved in 6 weeks
Medical request on 11th july
Application approved August 2nd.

Will share my profile later.
Please don't feel discouraged to try again. Do all needed and leave the rest to God. Don't force it!

Congrats dear, I tap in your testimony and claim it on very one of us that is hoping for trv. Amen!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 12:49pm On Aug 02, 2018
kpizzle:

Thanks

it was 2 weeks exactly.

I have 10 years working experience in Nigeria in telecoms industry. I cannot see how employment prospect is an issue because am going for a management course and telecoms is constantly growing. i tried to explain this in my SOP. My take is to apply for my GCMS Note and see what the issue is. You

My experience with this is that with over ten years experience, the Canadian embassy starts thinking you are already well established in your field and why foreign education is warranted. Most with ten years experience get the purpose of visit slapped on them. You really have to try hard to be able to succeed. You have to present something really novel.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Dandeedadrunk(m): 12:52pm On Aug 02, 2018
Good Afternoon house.

My girlfriend applied for US visitors Visa three times (2 times in 2017 & 1 time in 2018). She was refused.

Please is it advisable for her to apply to Study in Canada? She finished 2014 & served 2015.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 12:53pm On Aug 02, 2018
Bukella:
Thanks to everyone who contributed to my success. @harde116 thanks for your positivity.
@njunwa thanks for the time spared in responding to my so many questions
Thanks you all.

It will end in praise.
Be hopeful and positive.
Don't force it!

I am honored to be part of your success story!! Go make us proud!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 1:02pm On Aug 02, 2018
Dandeedadrunk:
Good Afternoon house.

My girlfriend applied for US visitors Visa three times (2 times in 2017 & 1 time in 2018). She was refused.

Please is it advisable for her to apply to Study in Canada? She finished 2014 & served 2015.
Thanks

It’s is advisable, her USA visa refusal has no bearing on her Canada visa application as long as she is honest to disclose the refusals when asked. Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by henricson(m): 1:05pm On Aug 02, 2018
Please I have a question for the house.
Still waiting on getting a police clearance, hopefully will apply for January 2019 session lastest next week.

Want to apply online, but my dad and his brother who's a citizen in Canada keep insisting on me going to the abuja visa office and submitting a paper application so I can be assisted if there're mistakes. They insisted the paper application is preferable to that online.

My issue now is, if I do a paper application, is it possible to do biometrics same day and submit my passport same day?

And do I have to print out the form before travelling or I can get it right there in the office?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Bodmillz: 1:19pm On Aug 02, 2018
Bukella:
Somebody shout haleluyah.. Application approved!
Application approved!

God is faithful. I am not better than anyone else here but God has proven himself.
1st application - applied April 17, refused may 11
Refused based on travel history, purpose, personal asset and financial status.

Reapplied June 19th, I got assurance from God my second application will be approved in 6 weeks
Medical request on 11th july
Application approved August 2nd.

Will share my profile later.
Please don't feel discouraged to try again. Do all needed and leave the rest to God. Don't force it!

Congratulations!!!! Who’s next??

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by walecott(m): 1:22pm On Aug 02, 2018
Bodmillz:

Congratulations!!!! Who’s next??
Meee smiley

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by henricson(m): 1:33pm On Aug 02, 2018
henricson:
Still waiting on getting a police clearance, hopefully will apply for January 2019 session lastest next week.

Want to apply online, but my dad and his brother who's a citizen in Canada keep insisting on me going to the abuja visa office and submitting a paper application so I can be assisted if there're mistakes. They insisted the paper application is preferable to that online.

My issue now is, if I do a paper application, is it possible to do biometrics same day and submit my passport same day?

And do I have to print out the form before travelling or I can get it right there in the office?

Please may I get an answer guys?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 1:41pm On Aug 02, 2018
Biakwa:

Oga Frank,

12 months?? OK oooo

That may bring me asking what they could be verifying .Please what do they look out for during background check and review of eligibility as this may be two main sections application gets hooked. From below screen shot I can see they are still at background check (9weeks)...

Oga Franck and gurus over!!!
Biakwa,

BACKGROUND CHECK: means they are matching the information you provided with their records, if you previously committed a crime, refused a visa, ordered to leave a country and if you are a threat to their security or on a wanted watch list.

REVIEW OF ELIGIBILITY: is the final check and the final stage of your application at the Visa Office. At this point, all of the components of your application are assessed by CIC. They will be checking if you actually QUALIFY for a study permit and if your application meet the requirements of the IRCC Act.
During the eligibility review, the Visa officer will then request for medical check ups as needed by the Visa Office to complete your application.

Most times, it is the Review of Eligibility that some applicants fail to meet because their applications and conditions does not meet the requirements of the IRCC Act (Insufficient funds, course correlation, limited home ties, failure to convince the visa officer that the primary intention is to study). Other checks are just standard procedure for CIC.

After successful review of applicant application and considering that there were no serious issues in the medical checkup, mispresentation, and security to ensure that you will not be a danger to Canadians should your study permit be approved, the Visa Officer will then request for your passport.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by babzy90: 1:48pm On Aug 02, 2018
Please check your mail... sent you a request. Have some questions to ask. Thank you
Bukella:
Thanks to everyone who contributed to my success. @harde116 thanks for your positivity.
Thanks you all.

It will end in praise.
Be hopeful and positive.
Don't force it!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by emeka27: 2:10pm On Aug 02, 2018
henricson:

Your dad and your uncle are right. VFS Abuja gives little assistance, incase of errors in your IMM forms; and as well you will be able to do biometrics and submit passport same day. Just try to be there on time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lagos2canna: 2:24pm On Aug 02, 2018
emeka27:

Your dad and your uncle are right. VFS Abuja gives little assistance, incase of errors in your IMM forms; and as well you will be able to do biometrics and submit passport same day. Just try to be there on time.
Abuja or Lagos does not determine where your application will be processed, don't waste your money going to Abuja.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 2:30pm On Aug 02, 2018
henricson:

Hello:

In terms of having someone in assisting, arranging and making sure your documents are properly filled... Paper route will be your best bet here.

Going through paper route, you will complete your biometrics same day, submit your passport with your application and pay for your visa application fee of #56,050 at the counter in the VFS office.

Filling the forms before heading to the VFS Office will be cheaper because you will be charged like 7K to get your forms filled by some bussiness centers (Cyber Cafe) outside the VFS office premises. (Putting into consideration that you're a novice, you might decide to pay them to help fill your form, so as to avoid mistakes).

Use this medium to access the forms needed for your application and follow the instructions provided:
DOWNLOAD STUDY VISA APPLICATION FORMS

Furthermore, there are no best route to use (be it online or paper) in as much as people get refused and approved in both routes.

All the best!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by orobs93(m): 2:38pm On Aug 02, 2018
Lagos2canna:

Sometimes a strange number will call (always use a new sim) or someone will mistakenly add you on whatsapp.

are you for real few days after I did my thumb print a number from Mali started calling me more than 3 to 4 times can't remember if it was same day I did my biometrics or after ..i got to know it was from Mali through true caller app..please someone should throw more light on dis
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Carlz1: 2:49pm On Aug 02, 2018
henricson:

At Lagos Vfs , they scrutinized all my documents and checked for errors and told me how to go about and corrected all errors. They help also and assist
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 2:50pm On Aug 02, 2018
Madam, Plis can you drop the details of ur application already as the custom of this thread is. Congrats tpo u once again
Bukella:
Thanks you all.

It will end in praise.
Be hopeful and positive.
Don't force it!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 3:01pm On Aug 02, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Biakwa,

BACKGROUND CHECK: means they are matching the information you provided with their records, if you previously committed a crime, refused a visa, ordered to leave a country and if you are a threat to their security or on a wanted watch list.

REVIEW OF ELIGIBILITY: is the final check and the final stage of your application at the Visa Office. At this point, all of the components of your application are assessed by CIC. They will be checking if you actually QUALIFY for a study permit and if your application meet the requirements of the IRCC Act.
During the eligibility review, the Visa officer will then request for medical check ups as needed by the Visa Office to complete your application.

Most times, it is the Review of Eligibility that some applicants fail to meet because their applications and conditions does not meet the requirements of the IRCC Act (Insufficient funds, course correlation, limited home ties, failure to convince the visa officer that the primary intention is to study). Other checks are just standard procedure for CIC.

After successful review of applicant application and considering that there were no serious issues in the medical checkup, mispresentation, and security to ensure that you will not be a danger to Canadians should your study permit be approved, the Visa Officer will then request for your passport.

@Frankrobbn1,

follow up question,

It seems that what keeps most online applications pending for long is background check, how is it that background check for paper applications are done faster? . Aren't they accessing the same database for security checks?

goingforward
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by phemmisky(m): 3:04pm On Aug 02, 2018
orobs93:

are you for real few days after I did my thumb print a number from Mali started calling me more than 3 to 4 times can't remember if it was same day I did my biometrics or after ..i got to know it was from Mali through true caller app..please someone should throw more light on dis

A number called me from Mali too ooo, but it was long after the completion of my biometrics
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Folar2(m): 3:29pm On Aug 02, 2018
Good day guys.

Please i need help for a young brother. I need him to apply for Master prg in Canada but he finished his BSc with 2:2 in International relation.

Please can anybody suggest any sch in Canada that accept 2:2 with any Master related to International relation.

Any info will be helpful.

Thanks all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Hopefulmind: 3:32pm On Aug 02, 2018
July applicants lets get ready its gonna be anytime from Now

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Bodmillz: 3:44pm On Aug 02, 2018
goingforward:

@Frankrobbn1,

follow up question,

It seems that what keeps most online applications pending for long is background check, how is it that background check for paper applications are done faster? . Aren't they accessing the same database for security checks?

goingforward

Sometimes they review applications while at background check. I got a medical call before review of eligibility started for me.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by originally(m): 3:45pm On Aug 02, 2018
Folar2:
Good day guys.

Please i need help for a young brother. I need him to apply for Master prg in Canada but he finished his BSc with 2:2 in International relation.

Please can anybody suggest any sch in Canada that accept 2:2 with any Master related to International relation.

Any info will be helpful.

Thanks all

Try www.mun.ca

Search for graduate programs under humanities
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Kaka89(m): 3:46pm On Aug 02, 2018
Sup Mahn, I applied on 11th July.. Tell me, was it on the tracking page that they told you this?

Bieber78:
Hello guys, I applied July 13, paper route and my profile has changed to "we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirement" what could be the outcome?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ify85: 3:54pm On Aug 02, 2018
Hmmmm this is the response I got from them.

We write in reply to your enquiry.

As indicated on our website, the processing times provided are based on how long it took to process 80% of all applications during that time period and are subject to change. As these processing times refer to 80% of applications, some applications will fall outside of these timeframes. In addition, as they are an average, there will be some fluctuations in processing times at peak periods during the course of the year.

That being said, please be assured that your application has been received and is currently in active process and we are making every effort to complete processing as expeditiously as possible. As soon as processing is completed we will contact you.

If you are no longer interested in visiting Canada, please inform our office in writing that you wish to withdraw your application. As processing of your application has already commenced, a processing fee refund would not be applicable

Kind regards,

KBA

Immigration Section – Section de l’immigration

4 Anifowoshe Street, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria

Lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by MizGee(f): 3:59pm On Aug 02, 2018
Very long post alert.
Silent Follower here, since my first application in 2017 which was denied. I found this thread after submitting and realised I hadn’t put in a good enough application (it was also for a PGD), so it was no surprise when it got denied.
I re-applied on June 13 ‘18 (paper route) with upfront medicals. Medicals got updated about a week later and eligibility review began 3 weeks ago. I logged-in this morning and found it to have been approved. I had contacted VFS yesterday and been informed that it was on transit, so I was expecting the update today.
I’m going for a Master’s in Environmental Management at USask, Fall ‘18 session. I submitted:
The application forms
My sponsor’s (father) SOAs with balances of 11M naira and between 10-15 USD (I don’t remember the exact figure)
Sponsorship letter/ affidavit
Statement from family friends in Saskatoon, stating that they’d cover my accommodation/ living expenses.
Tuition fee receipt of 5k (USask had asked for the deposit)
Employment/ promotion letters, pension certificate, study leave letter from workplace (civil service), work ID
Land documents
Police certificate
An SOP detailing why I was pursuing an MSc in a totally different field from my current employment. Studied Microbiology (2010) but worked in Data Collection as a civil servant for nearly 5 years now
LOE addressing the concerns raised in the GCMS notes for the previous application
Educational certificates (BSc, WAEC, etc)

These are the documents I recall submitting, off the top of my head.

I would like to hookup with other USask people going this Fall, please PM me (I hope I’m able to figure out how that work), thanks.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by orobs93(m): 3:59pm On Aug 02, 2018
phemmisky:

A number called me from Mali too ooo, but it was long after the completion of my biometrics

alright thank you for the response can any other person throw more light in this please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by dubaiboy1: 4:02pm On Aug 02, 2018
Congratulations !!!

MizGee:
Very long post alert.
Silent Follower here, since my first application in 2017 which was denied. I found this thread after submitting and realised I hadn’t put in a good enough application (it was also for a PGD), so it was no surprise when it got denied.
I re-applied on June 13 ‘18 (paper route) with upfront medicals. Medicals got updated about a week later and eligibility review began 3 weeks ago. I logged-in this morning and found it to have been approved. I had contacted VFS yesterday and been informed that it was on transit, so I was expecting the update today.
I’m going for a Master’s in Environmental Management at USask, Fall ‘18 session. I submitted:
The application forms
My sponsor’s (father) SOAs with balances of 11M naira and between 10-15 USD (I don’t remember the exact figure)
Statement from family friends in Saskatoon, stating that they’d cover my accommodation/ living expenses.
Employment/ promotion letters, pension certificate, study leave letter from workplace (civil service), work ID
Land documents
Police certificate
An SOP detailing why I was pursuing an MSc in a totally different field from my current employment. Studied Microbiology (2010) but worked in Data Collection as a civil servant for nearly 5 years now
LOE addressing the concerns raised in the GCMS notes for the previous application

I would like to hookup with other USask people going this Fall, please PM me (I hope I’m able to figure out how that work), thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lagos2canna: 4:04pm On Aug 02, 2018
ify85:

As indicated on our website, the processing times provided are based on how long it took to process 80% of all applications during that time period and are subject to change. As these processing times refer to 80% of applications, some applications will fall outside of these timeframes. In addition, as they are an average, there will be some fluctuations in processing times at peak periods during the course of the year.

That being said, please be assured that your application has been received and is currently in active process and we are making every effort to complete processing as expeditiously as possible. As soon as processing is completed we will contact you.

If you are no longer interested in visiting Canada, please inform our office in writing that you wish to withdraw your application. As processing of your application has already commenced, a processing fee refund would not be applicable

Kind regards,

KBA

Your application is very active.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 4:13pm On Aug 02, 2018
Congrats, another paper route June applicant.

MizGee:
Very long post alert.
The application forms
Land documents
Police certificate

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by wallet87: 4:15pm On Aug 02, 2018
ify85:

Kind regards,

KBA

Same thing they replied me on Monday this week

(1) (2) (3) ... (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.