Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,582 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (363) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (785082 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 5:01pm On Aug 11, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Please quote the law from Poland. It’s a different thing to say people should desist from plagiarism (which I agree) and another thing to assert fallaciously that it is a crime when it is not.

I believe that's not what this forum was created for, let's face what brought us here and be contented subjects of our kind.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 5:08pm On Aug 11, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

I believe that's not what this forum was created for, let's face what brought us here and be contented subjects of our kind.

smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 5:13pm On Aug 11, 2018
I received a message from CIC this afternoon. It’s rather strange for CIC to be writing saying there have been no updates to an application when I never wrote them and the only few messages I have written them in the past have all been replied to. I am wondering has anyone ever received similar message? I redacted my personal contacts from the email I received attached below.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 5:26pm On Aug 11, 2018
jnyuwa02:
I received a message from CIC this afternoon. It’s rather strange for CIC to be writing saying there have been no updates to an application when I never wrote them and the only few messages I have written them in the past have all been replied to. I am wondering has anyone ever received similar message? I redacted my personal contacts from the email I received attached below.

This is normal and shouldn't be called for much alertness. It could be that you activated the monthly update on your MyCiC account that's why you're getting such an email notifications from them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 5:29pm On Aug 11, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

This is normal and shouldn't be called for much alertness. It could be that you activated the monthly update on your MyCiC account that's why you're getting such an email notifications from them.

Thanks, I appreciate!

Ps: But this is the first time I ever got such in the many months my application has been pending.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by muizzzz: 5:36pm On Aug 11, 2018
@Frankrobbn1,

Thanks for your candid advice.

The business was duly registered with CAC which I attached certificate of incorporation but not in my name since the business has been registered before joining as a partner.

I will consider a 4 year Bsc in Agribusiness or 2 Year Diploma in Agribusiness.

What is your final take on this 2 Option
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 5:40pm On Aug 11, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Thanks, I appreciate!

Ps: But this is the first time I ever got such in the many months my application has been pending.

It might be that it's now that have started processing your application fully, because I can recall last week or so when you said your medical report was updated and an email correspondence from the embassy stating that your application is complete and nothing is left out. They further assured that you will get a response from them anytime soon. I think all this while, your application was dumped under the pidgin hole of the visa officer. Be hopeful, your testimony is close. In regards to the current notification you recieved in your email (It's normal with other applicants applications)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 5:44pm On Aug 11, 2018
uyplus:

So how many years of post graduate work permit will a one year masters qualify someone for?
one year masters program gets one year post graduate work permit
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Shizzleadedapo(m): 5:46pm On Aug 11, 2018
[quote author=henricson post=70189237] if one's email for offer letter stated for application of co-op work permit together with a study permit, please how's is this done?

Or am I just to attach the email to my study permit application?[/

The school is supposed to send you a letter regarding you program having a mandatory co-op work term to complete your program. I think you can apply for the co-op work permit 3months before you start. Considering what I have heard here your study permit will be giving at your POE. . The elders will shed more light to this as I am not really sure.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 5:47pm On Aug 11, 2018
Dwebb55:

Why not try doing express entry? You seem to have everything to qualify so why go for another masters when you have one already?

The kind of dilemma one has when married to a hubby like mine. He doesn't want to go thru the stress of studying for ielts of having to process transcript. He graduated 1998.....
Hope you now understand my predicament

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 5:49pm On Aug 11, 2018
muizzzz:
@Frankrobbn1,

Thanks for your candid advice.

The business was duly registered with CAC which I attached certificate of incorporation but not in my name since the business has been registered before joining as a partner.

I will consider a 4 year Bsc in Agribusiness or 2 Year Diploma in Agribusiness.

What is your final take on this 2 Option
muizzzz,

Go for a 2 years PGC/D in Agric Business. Please not ordinary diploma! Once you kick start the admission process, endeavour to share the screen shot here so you won't make further mistakes by applying for an ordinary diploma instead of PGC/D. I said this because it's very common with some applicants here.

All the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 5:54pm On Aug 11, 2018
kpizzle:
@mcbex: I didn't intend to draw your attention to this and am not trying to misinform people here. I have done my research and I not not trying to scare anyone. I stand to be correct "it is more difficult to get study permit if the applicant has more 5 yrs study gap" even if your intended course of study over- match the previous one.

Many people can not tell why they have been refuse even after doing all the needful when they applied. In one of my previous post. , I mentioned the VOs are not sentimental but professional, they have templates and guidelines. I am extremely sure that study gap is one of them irrespective of other conditions or factors.

I totally agree with you that SOP is a way out but menh that SOP must be "bulletproof".

Bro o don't think you understand what I was trying to say on this matter. Haven't you been working during the 10 years(study gap)? If you have, then it's not a gap cos you are working. Your case if I remember is, you studied computer science and working in an IT firm(related field) but wants to go for a management course now, right? You don't have a gap, once you can link your intended program with your previous course/current job your chances will increase or better still you apply for masters in computer science or something related to your current job.
That's what I have been trying to explain.
Explain your case to me if I didn't get it right above

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 5:56pm On Aug 11, 2018
jolowizzy11:
@mcobex .,,,I finished the diploma in Dec 2016 after that I was freelancing ,I repair laptops and also installations of software...that's all
Is the diploma and your freelansging/software installation related to your intended program/course? if yes, then explain and show proof to the vo and you are good to go
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 6:03pm On Aug 11, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Thanks, I appreciate!

CIC do send such messages to applicants once in a while bro. Don't worry, your approval will arrive soon(hopefully before 25th of this month).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 6:11pm On Aug 11, 2018
mcobex:
CIC do send such messages to applicants once in a while bro. Don't worry, your approval will arrive soon(hopefully before 25th of this month).

I appreciate the felicities.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 6:20pm On Aug 11, 2018
kpizzle:
@mcbex: I didn't intend to draw your attention to this and am not trying to misinform people here. I have done my research and I not not trying to scare anyone. I stand to be correct "it is more difficult to get study permit if the applicant has more 5 yrs study gap" even if your intended course of study over- match the previous one.

Many people can not tell why they have been refuse even after doing all the needful when they applied. In one of my previous post. , I mentioned the VOs are not sentimental but professional, they have templates and guidelines. I am extremely sure that study gap is one of them irrespective of other conditions or factors. Then present evidence of a strong justification career wise for going back to school.

I totally agree with you that SOP is a way out but menh that SOP must be "bulletproof".

This is very true. The longer you have been away from school and the older you are, the more justifications you have to provide to the VO. With a ten year gap away from schooling you have to have a very compelling case to provide that you can be successful in school and in fact that you would be a genuine student if the privilege is extended to you. This can be tackled by a very compelling SOP backed by strong evidence. Perhaps talk about your upbringing with devotion to learning and how learning is a lifelong affair for you and you can foresee yourself studying in one form or the other, the rest of your life.

Most people I have encountered with ten year gap, were found wanting on purpose of visit. It’s a very tall order to succeed with ten year gap, but it is possible.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kpizzle: 6:20pm On Aug 11, 2018
Please just google the meaning of "study gap". I think you don't understand it.

mcobex:
Bro o don't think you understand what I was trying to say on this matter. Haven't you been working during the 10 years(study gap)? If you have, then it's not a gap cos you are working. Your case if I remember is, you studied computer science and working in an IT firm(related field) but wants to go for a management course now, right? You don't have a gap, once you can link your intended program with your previous course/current job your chances will increase or better still you apply for masters in computer science or something related to your current job.
That's what I have been trying to explain.
Explain your case to me if I didn't get it right above

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by muizzzz: 6:25pm On Aug 11, 2018
@Frankrobnn1

After rigorous search, its only university of sask that is offering 4 years Bsc and 2 years Diploma in Agribusiness. There is no institution in Canada that offer Pgc/d in Agribusiness according to my Investigation.

Your candid advice here

Best regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Shizzleadedapo(m): 6:39pm On Aug 11, 2018
jnyuwa02:

This is very true. The longer you have been away from school and the older you are, the more justifications you have to provide to the VO. With a ten year gap away from schooling you have to have a very compelling case to provide that you can be successful in school and in fact that you would be a genuine student if the privilege is extended to you. This can be tackled by a very compelling SOP backed by strong evidence. Perhaps talk about your upbringing with devotion to learning and how learning is a lifelong affair for you and you can foresee yourself studying in one form or the other, the rest of your life.

Most people I have encountered with ten year gap, were found wanting on purpose of visit. It’s a very tall order to succeed with ten year gap, but it is possible.

Hi, working is not considered to be a Gap. Gap is when you finish a course and then sit idle. If your work experience is in line with the program you are applying for in Canada you stand a chance.

But the decision is always with the VO whether the work experience is considered for the approval.
Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by dinho10(m): 6:48pm On Aug 11, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Hello dinho10,

Check MUN (Memorial University of Newfoundland) you can be lucky to get a Master's degree with your CGPA. I know of few applicants who got theirs with such grade(2.2). No program can guarantee you visa approval. It's very important to apply to programs that are relevant to your current employment/previous studies.

Thank you sir...I understand very well now....but still have one information don't know if its true...is it possible for school to write embassy to assist someone's visa approval?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Wheyme: 6:57pm On Aug 11, 2018
Hello guys, I need your kind opinion on this please.
Following my previous refusal that I might leave Canada after my stay based on Personal assets and financial status, do you think its a good idea to still include in my new application that my uncle will provide me with accommodation and miscellaneous expenses incurred as this might have been considered for the visa delay initially.
Althoough, I ought to have requested for my gcms which will clearly state why but resumption time is really near.
Kindly share your thought on this please. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 6:59pm On Aug 11, 2018
Shizzleadedapo:

Hi, working is not considered to be a Gap. Gap is when you finish a course and then sit idle. If your work experience is in line with the program you are applying for in Canada you stand a chance.

But the decision is always with the VO whether the work experience is considered for the approval.
Thanks.

Whether you sat idle is not what the VO is out to investigate. But Who would be a genuine student. Working is a gap from your studies. 10 year gap working means you have been away from school for ten years. By this virtue you have to justify to the VO that you intend really to go to school and that you have what it takes to succeed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 7:00pm On Aug 11, 2018
dinho10:

Thank you sir...I understand very well now....but still have one information don't know if its true...is it possible for school to write embassy to assist someone's visa approval?
dinho10,

The school has no right whatsoever to expedite the processing of a Student Visa application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kpizzle: 7:00pm On Aug 11, 2018
Thanks attorney, we are on it. I definitely will come and testify here.

Am just trying to create awareness on the study gap issue, I never knew about it until now and it will be good that all applicant are concious of it.

jnyuwa02:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 7:05pm On Aug 11, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Working is a gap from your studies. 10 year gap working means you have been away from school for ten years. By this virtue you have to justify to the VO that you intend really to go to school and that you have what it takes to succeed.

Study Gaps can be issued for students applying for new study permits in Canada. Often, a longer study gap period, can cause issues for a visa officer to consider a student. However, thanks to the laws and regulations of Canada’s education, where an adequate study gap is allowed to International students. For under-graduate applicants, gaps post study periods is allowed up till 2 years. While, for graduates, the study gap extension should be no longer than 5 years. However, exceptions to these rules exist if a student demonstrates an impeccable work expertise in their proposed program in Canada. Under the Canadian laws of studies for International students, a relevant study application should indicate the study gap with a salary slip/ appointment letter as well as a letter from the former employer with a proper job duration and designation.
Having 10 years study gap with relevant work experience in your proposed program is not a problem!

Cc: kpizzle. If you have a profile like this, work on presenting a rational SOP, your application will be approved!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by fiendishghoul: 7:05pm On Aug 11, 2018
Brendamad:
Approval!!!!
Approved today 17/7/2018.
Application may 30
Medical request 21 June
Medicals done 26 June
Additional document request 21 June
Medical passed 1 May
Application approved 17 July
Paper route
University of Manitoba
Masters in nursing
IGSES award of 5400CAD
Resumption date September fall

Key factor God. Constant praying and grace took over.
Thank you all. Phocusjosh and all the nairalanders. To all the approval hopefuls, it will end in praise.

Hey congrats. I'm at the u of m faculty of health sciences too. Contact me if you need any help.
Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by dinho10(m): 7:22pm On Aug 11, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

dinho10,

The school has no right whatsoever to expedite the processing of a Student Visa application.

OK thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 7:23pm On Aug 11, 2018
kpizzle:
Thanks attorney, we are on it. I definitely will come and testify here.

Am just trying to create awareness on the study gap issue, I never knew about it until now and it will be good that all applicant are concious of it.

Since you've such relevant working experience why not go for express entry because you got a good profile that can qualify you for the draw.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 7:29pm On Aug 11, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

dinho10,

His question is not about expediting anything, but whether a school has right to write the embassy on behalf of a student. Yes the school can do whatever they want. The tradition of school writing embassies to support a student’s visa application did not start yesterday and not about to end today. If the school’s letter strikes the right tone and substance, it can be helpful to the applicant’s visa issuance. But the VO is not obligated to go by what the school wrote if he/she feels there is strong reason for denial. It’s a delicate balance of power and the school can only write, but the decision is left to the VO. Generally when school writes an embassy, it does help the student’s application. But it is not a guaranty for visa issuance.

Concerning the matter of expediting the issuance of a visa, a visa office determines at its discretion the time period to act on an application. It will entertain a request to expedite an application only in a situation of death or serious medical condition.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by geotherm: 7:30pm On Aug 11, 2018
Have you tried to apply for Express entry I think your profile can give you rear score with your MSC

Kaydee87:

Thanks for taking time to read my post.
Well, to answer your questions
1. I dont even intend to return to Naija until maybe i get a life over there
2. I also do not intend to tender my previous MSc too in order not to stare questions in d mind of the VO
3. No Uni offer an extensive course in Naija .NB the course is quite different from a normal Masters degree in Education.
4. I have taken several online certificate course but all are not as detailed as having an MSc (the type im going for)
Àll these are the points i will have to tackle in my SOP.
Apart for purpose of visit , what other obstacle could i experience with the list posted earlier.
How about having sponsorship from the school i work(i could make them do something).
I really need advice please!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Dwebb55: 7:36pm On Aug 11, 2018
Kaydee87:

The kind of dilemma one has when married to a hubby like mine. He doesn't want to go thru the stress of studying for ielts of having to process transcript. He graduated 1998.....
Hope you now understand my predicament

EE is still your best bet. It's less stressful than study permit and gives you everything you want.

You can put things in motion and then involve him when the time is right. A friend did exactly that and now the hubby is the one pushing for them to cross the next step.

Wish you all the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 7:38pm On Aug 11, 2018
muizzzz:
@Frankrobnn1

After rigorous search, its only university of sask that is offering 4 years Bsc and 2 years Diploma in Agribusiness. There is no institution in Canada that offer Pgc/d in Agribusiness according to my Investigation.

Your candid advice here

Best regards
muizzzz,

If that be the case go for PGC/D in business administration. Your chances are very low if you should go for a bachelor's degree or a diploma.

(1) (2) (3) ... (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.