Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,571 members, 7,816,406 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (409) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (785723 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by yk05: 4:10pm On Aug 25, 2018
Ezriela:
Hmmmn, Setemi take your time to look around you families, friends, neighbours etc. If this is the will of God for your life; you will definitely get someone that will not just give you SOA but will assist with payment, trust God and I pray His grace will shine on you soon . This is a public forum be guided. It will end in praise and most importantly pray

God bless you for writing something like this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kelebanks: 4:38pm On Aug 25, 2018
Hi guys! Please I was sent a mail by CIC to submit my passport to vfs. I wish to find out if I need to book an appointment in other to submit the passport.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Phyde: 4:45pm On Aug 25, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

de3lar,
Good to have you here.
With the bolded program, I don't think it will be easy to find such exact program in Canada.
Try check: college of the north Atlantic canada at Newfoundland and British Columbia institute of technology. These are colleges that offers wide range of dipolma programs. You haven't gotten an institution yet, so no one can give you an estimate on what it cost, as many institutions have differences on their tuition. Meanwhile, make sure you have your 10,000CAD for living expenses approximately 2.8M plus your tuition (Which I don't know) for your first year of studies in Canada. Finally, don't be in a haste to sit for an English exam (IELTS/TOEFL) endeavor to know the admission requirements for the institution first before doing this. Nigeria is an English speaking country so I don't see reasons sitting for the exams.

All the best on your pursuit.
Is it easier or possible for someone to be working, probably petty jobs while schooling to minimize the living expenses because i heard cost of living is high in some cities.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mathy001: 5:07pm On Aug 25, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Looks like your chances are great. Don’t narrow the list yet. Try and obtain supervisors first, I think the list may narrow itself down and possibly more may need to be added for you to arrive at 3 schools in which to apply.

Thank you sir. Is it really compulsory to find a supervisor before I apply? Can't I just apply like that?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by harrisonxury: 5:20pm On Aug 25, 2018
mathy001:

Thank you sir. Is it really compulsory to find a supervisor before I apply? Can't I just apply like that?

It depends on the schools and specific departments' policies. But it is very reasonable to get acquainted with potential or "likely" academic supervisors in your intended area of research, ahead of time.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lagos2canna: 5:21pm On Aug 25, 2018
kelebanks:
Hi guys! Please I was sent a mail by CIC to submit my passport to vfs. I wish to find out if I need to book an appointment in other to submit the passport.
No need booking appointment

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Oblongata: 5:32pm On Aug 25, 2018
did biometrics July 16, not been called for medicals yet and school resumes September 4, anybody else going through this? any hope? this is what the application is:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Oblongata: 5:37pm On Aug 25, 2018
gurus please help, am dying of anxiety
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jumxie(f): 5:41pm On Aug 25, 2018
Oblongata:
did biometrics June 16, not been called for medicals yet and school resumes September 4, anybody else going through this? any hope? this is what the application is:
same status with mine applied June 14th, did biometrics June 25, and school resumes sept 4, God help us all.... I don't even know what to do again...... Am very weak typing this sef

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jumxie(f): 5:43pm On Aug 25, 2018
Oblongata:
gurus please help, am dying of anxiety
but is that not July ...your biometrics date is showing
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Oblongata: 5:46pm On Aug 25, 2018
jumxie:
but is that not July ...your biometrics date is showing
so sorry

its july o, i done die finish
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Oblongata: 5:50pm On Aug 25, 2018
jumxie:
same status with mine applied June 14th, did biometrics June 25, and school resumes sept 4, God help us all.... I don't even know what to do again...... Am very weak typing this sef
it is for my wife, i am very anxious already, i am hoping for the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jumxie(f): 5:55pm On Aug 25, 2018
Oblongata:
it is for my wife, i am very anxious already, i am hoping for the best
God will surely answer all TRV hopefuls, have never waited so long for something before, but this one I just believe God will perfect it

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by BarristerAlarig: 6:23pm On Aug 25, 2018
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by naija2(f): 6:30pm On Aug 25, 2018
Applied July 4th. Online application. Sch starts sept. Did biometrics and Medicals already but application still in progress. I am really hoping for the best now. ����
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by princekins(m): 6:34pm On Aug 25, 2018
Please house: Can one apply for two separate MSc courses in same university? For example Biological Sci and Public Health?
thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by charlyduru: 7:32pm On Aug 25, 2018
princekins:
Please house: Can one apply for two separate MSc courses in same university? For example Biological Sci and Public Health?
thanks

Yeah too can but you would have to pay two different application feees and submit two different sets of documents

Also fill two different forms but using the same application account
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by opeoluwa20(m): 7:36pm On Aug 25, 2018
hello house good evening. pls can i get list of schools with low tuition I can study msc in economics or related courses in Canada. thanks God bless you all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by charlyduru: 7:41pm On Aug 25, 2018
opeoluwa20:
hello house good evening. pls can i get list of schools with low tuition I can study msc in economics or related courses in Canada. thanks God bless you all

Use that search query on google and you will see a lot just compare
Beside everyone has his or her own idea of cheap

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by canadabyfire: 7:52pm On Aug 25, 2018
This is fraudulent.......Canada is not a must....such post shouldn't come up here.....

Setemiola:
Please and please..I Need someone that can help me with Sponsor statement of account.. Wort of 15m to 20m..all my documents is ready But it Remain the Sponsored account.. Please someone should help..In the name of GOD Almighty.so that I can submit my Student application in time.please and please..help me my people.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ysakaws1: 8:11pm On Aug 25, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

uyplus,

After the successful completion of a (1) year master's degree in Canada, your PGWP will be issued up to the same length as your study program (for example, if you studied for nine months, a work permit will be issued for nine months). But, If the official length of your program of study is less than eight months, you are not eligible for the PGWP program.
Please every school I checked are talking about 2years for masters. I prefer one year but I can’t find. Please which universities offer Masters in Computer Science for one year in Canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by omolorlarh: 8:58pm On Aug 25, 2018
BarristerAlarig:
This life is just something else....

After spending so much money applying to schools and getting a partial scholarship... I can't even pay the 25% deposit (cad1623)! Total tuition for the programme is cad6500 and it's a ONE year diploma programme. I thought my dad had the money in his account.... I never knew he FIXED it. I was given two weeks to pay the deposit else I lose the scholarship and my admission..

I feel like killing myself...

Or running away from home.

It hasn't gotten to that.
Tell him to write an instruction for liquidation to his bank. it is his money na so he can get whenever he wants.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by BarristerAlarig: 9:35pm On Aug 25, 2018
omolorlarh:

It hasn't gotten to that.
Tell him to write an instruction for liquidation to his bank. it is his money na so he can get whenever he wants.

This is possible?? How long should this take??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by justthinking: 9:35pm On Aug 25, 2018
Just a personal question. Am a mobile app developer and I would like to know if freelancing on a Masters student visa is illegal I.e accepting project from people in Canada and outside Canada since I have some existing client in Nigeria . Have searched online but am not getting a straight answer because I found out that even in US, putting your application on Playstore or ios market and getting money from it on F1 visa is illegal. Does that apply in Canada also. Please guru in the house
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 9:41pm On Aug 25, 2018
If you’re looking forward to a course based Masters, you could check
University of Ottawa
Queens University
Make use of Google to get more schools and also have an idea of the fees.
Note: 1 year masters programs generally cost more annually compared to 2 years in which the cost is split between both years. i.e. for example one year may cost a sum of $30,000 CAD whereas a 2 years would cost about $40,000 but $20,000 each year.
With a 2 years masters programme, you get to qualify for 3 years PGWP
But with 1 year master programme you are qualified for only a year PGWP.
Choice is yours. Good luck.

Ysakaws1:

Please every school I checked are talking about 2years for masters. I prefer one year but I can’t find. Please which universities offer Masters in Computer Science for one year in Canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kerry101: 10:01pm On Aug 25, 2018
Hello, any Conestoga admitted student awaiting TRV here? Just want to know, have you contacted the school on your delay in resumption due to delay in getting TRV? What was the response? Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by canadabyfire: 10:18pm On Aug 25, 2018
@Lotus boy

Not all 1yr masters will lead to 1yr PGWP.....it however depends on the credit load.....for instance, 1 yr masters with 62 credit load will earn you a 3yr PGWP.

Lotusboi:
University of Ottawa
Queens University
Note: 1 year masters programs generally cost more annually compared to 2 years in which the cost is split between both years. i.e. for example one year may cost a sum of $30,000 CAD whereas a 2 years would cost about $40,000 but $20,000 each year.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by uyplus(m): 10:21pm On Aug 25, 2018
Lotusboi:
University of Ottawa
Queens University

Really? Hmmmmmmm! So no hope of PR post graduation. Makes no sense tho.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by henricson(m): 10:27pm On Aug 25, 2018
Please I need help from those who did online applications?
Please how did you guys upload documents like certificates, police clearance, birth certificates and family documents?
I did ask this before and someone replied he uploaded certain documents certain files, i guess i didnt understand this. But I realised each file say proof if financials for instance can take only one document at a time, any other upload later on replaces the first upload.

Please I want to understand how you guys actually did this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by henricson(m): 10:35pm On Aug 25, 2018
I have also tried attaching a scanned copy of my signature to cic forms downloaded from the site, but this hasnt been possible.
Can i just use initials on slot for signature since i am submitting online?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 10:46pm On Aug 25, 2018
Please do verify what you have stated so we don’t misinform ourselves. What I stated is what I read from Canada’s website along with what a few friends who schooled there have told me. Please support your claim with evidence thanks.
Attached is a pictorial evidence of my claim as per the information provided on their webpage. Also a link is attached for verification. Thank you

Information regarding Post Graduate Work Permit

canadabyfire:

@Lotus boy

Not all 1yr masters will lead to 1yr PGWP.....it however depends on the credit load.....for instance, 1 yr masters with 62 credit load will earn you a 3yr PGWP.

(1) (2) (3) ... (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.