Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,839 members, 7,831,720 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (434) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (791898 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Omowunmibaby: 10:16pm On Sep 02, 2018
Good evening,

How do I book an appointment online. I have used the link posted on this tread few days ago but the message am getting is
"- File or directory not found.
The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable"

How do I book an appointment or I should just go to VAC without any appointment.

Please anyone is current experience at VAC, please help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by hotcakept2: 10:19pm On Sep 02, 2018
mightyola:
Yes, I have deferred.. Next plan is to wait to hear from them against Winter Semester-January.

This one you have deferred, what if they grant you visa before September 18 what will you do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 10:22pm On Sep 02, 2018
Senatorkolade:

What about a scenario where at the time the applicant is applying for visa, the Nigerian passport expires in May 2019 and the Nigerian Immigration insists on not renewing it until less than six month expiration but the visa is issued to end in May 2019 when the passport expires. Can he/she travel in that May before the visa expires?

Sure can travel in May and traveling before visa expires will ensure you don’t fall into so many potential pitfalls. But be prepared with good answer on why you arriving very early. 4 months too is reasonable, but I think this should be the cap.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Senatorkolade: 10:34pm On Sep 02, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Sure can travel in May and traveling before visa expires will ensure you don’t fall into so many potential pitfalls. But be prepared with good answer on why you arriving very early. 4 months too is reasonable, but I think this should be the cap.

Good point
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 10:46pm On Sep 02, 2018
I
Carlz1:
. Thank you bro. I have ordered for my gcms note and working forward on reapplying by October when I’ve received it. How do I tackle the issue of home tie in Canada because I stated I have an aunt in Canada in my second application. Could that be the reason why I get slammed with family ties?. Do I need any letter from her addressing that?
Carlz1,

Sorry for the late response my boss!
Your aunt is not a close relative that can tie you to Canada and you don't need a letter from her addressing this. Ties are regarded as immediate family members mostly father, mother, sisters, brothers, spouse and kids. Your aunt being a resident of Canada could not have been the reason to why you were refused based on home ties. So its either you failed to prove whether you have sufficient family ties to your home country.

In order to scale through in your next application, you're expected to explain extensively more on your elderly parents who depend on you for support and must return to continue taking care of them. Your parents properties and establishment which you *(the applicant)* is traditionally heir to and can't abandon them for a foreign education. Talk more about your immediate family members (your siblings) whom you will be leaving behind, the close bond which you have established with them and can't do without seeing them around. Your personal landed properties and registered business in Nigeria (personal assest if any) how you intend to make use of it after studies. Are you an active member in your local community of which you will be returning to continue participation. Aside the aforementioned, What are your career prospects here in Nigeria. How will your international certificate be of cutting edge and paramount benefit to your home country. What impact/change can you make in Nigeria. What are your short-term and long-term after study plans in Nigeria? .....Should be well substantiated in the home ties section in your SOP.

All the best!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by papilo90(m): 10:52pm On Sep 02, 2018
Hello gurus,
I got an admission for fall 2018, but due to some circumstances, I feel I might have little financial issues, so I decided to defer it till fall 2019, I was issued a new admission letter.
I'm thinking of submit an application in February. I hope that time is not to early to apply to apply for a September start date. Also when is the earliest possible time one can apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 10:57pm On Sep 02, 2018
papilo90:
Hello gurus,
I got an admission for fall 2018, but due to some circumstances, I feel I might have little financial issues, so I decided to defer it till fall 2019, I was issued a new admission letter.
I'm thinking of submit an application in February. I hope that time is not to early to apply to apply for a September start date. Also when is the earliest possible time one can apply?

You're certainly free to apply for your TRV as soon as you've secured an admission into any of the DLI of Canada. February is a good time to apply against fall 2019 and you can also apply towards the end of the year if you have the finances.

Good luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 11:00pm On Sep 02, 2018
Omowunmibaby:
Good evening,

How do I book an appointment online. I have used the link posted on this tread few days ago but the message am getting is
"- File or directory not found.
The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable"

How do I book an appointment or I should just go to VAC without any appointment.

Please anyone is current experience at VAC, please help

If the online resource is unavailable. I'll advise you go to the VFS Office and complete a manual booking. I also heard from prospective applicants that if you are present at the VFS as early as 7:00am you will be attended to. So, you might as well try this.

All the best in your application.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by segtak25: 11:09pm On Sep 02, 2018
jnyuwa02:

I looked it up, it seems that the Iinternational Drivers License IDP is what suffices.

“To legally drive a car in Canada, you'll need a driver's licence issued by the government of your province or territory. You must have it with you whenever you're driving. ... If you plan to use a foreign driver's licence in Canada, you should get an International Driving Permit (License) (IDP) in your home country.Jul 24, 2017”
Some province will require to get a letter from the Nigeria high commission for the processing.
Just take your naija drivers license and the Nigeria high commission will issue a letter based on the date of issue on the drivers license to attest your experience.
The two will get you a license in canada
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by SpatialKing(m): 11:22pm On Sep 02, 2018
Tnablack:
DRscience
I got admission for Masters (Management) with my overall CGpA of 3.14(2nd Class Lower Division).Though I have years in management experience.

Put a good SOP and reapply.
Which school, I have 2nd class lower, applied mathematics applying to university of Saskatchewan..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by DRscience(f): 11:26pm On Sep 02, 2018
SpatialKing:

Which school, I have 2nd class lower, applied mathematics applying to university of Saskatchewan..

How is it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by papilo90(m): 11:34pm On Sep 02, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

You're certainly free to apply for your TRV as soon as you've secured an admission into any of the DLI of Canada. February is a good time to apply against fall 2019 and you can also apply towards the end of the year if you have the finances.

Good luck!

Thanks boss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Bertram87: 12:03am On Sep 03, 2018
papilo90:
Hello gurus,

Please which school is that...??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Bertram87: 12:04am On Sep 03, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Good luck!

Oga Frank.... I hail ooo... Well done sir!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by emeka27: 12:10am On Sep 03, 2018
walecott:
Please let us Cancel all preconceived notions on this thread that you cannot get into a masters program with a second class lower (2:2). I got admission into an MBA program with my 2:2 and even less than 2 years work experience. Don't let agents deceive you so they can take the easy route.

Which University please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 12:23am On Sep 03, 2018
Bertram87:

Oga Frank.... I hail ooo... Well done sir!!

I am thy humble servant to command!. Greetings to you Chief and how are you doing?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 12:33am On Sep 03, 2018
makano:
Very Possible. But you will need to explain why u changed school in ur next application tho, cos they already have(the database of ur previous application) details and records of ur previous application. So they will definitely knw changes made. SO they wont see you changing school as being desperate. So u need to explain and convince them why the change of school. Good luck

My honourable! What if the applicant decides not to explain this, any qualms? I asked because I have encountered so many applicants that reapplied with a different DLI without any explanations and got their visa approved. Personally, I don't think it's so relevant so far the applicant has tackled the concerns raised by the visa officer e.g purpose of visit, personal asset and financial status, home ties etc...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by drdamy(m): 12:57am On Sep 03, 2018
To get your admission, please did you get academic referees. Also, did your referees use your school’s email?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nogen: 1:07am On Sep 03, 2018
segtak25:

Some province will require to get a letter from the Nigeria high commission for the processing.
Just take your naija drivers license and the Nigeria high commission will issue a letter based on the date of issue on the drivers license to attest your experience.
The two will get you a license in canada
Hello Sir/ma'am. I am interested in this conversation. I drive with my Nigerian driver's license here because I was told Foreign students are allowed to drive with their country valid driver's license. So, a student can formally apply for a Canadian driver's license without being a permanent resident?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 4:12am On Sep 03, 2018
papilo90:
Hello gurus,

You are free to apply anytime most convenient to you. Don’t just be just interested in applying, take the time to do the leg work of assembling strong evidence and writing a winning SOP. If you qualify, your visa will be issued anytime. Certainly some people on this forum in the past have even been issued admission one year in advance of their studies. But the side back of this is you have to stay in Nigeria till school is almost starting. You can travel to Canada when it is reasonable to justify your presence in the country to a POE officer who determines final admission into the country.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by KlausMike(m): 5:42am On Sep 03, 2018
KlausMike:
Good evening Everyone!!

What address do i address my letter of explanation to since i am not sure where my application would be processed.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 6:05am On Sep 03, 2018
KlausMike:

Address SOP and all letters to the Canadian High Commission in your country. Either Lagos or Abuja is fine.

The Visa Officer,
Canadian High Commission,
4 Anifowoshe Street,
Victoria Island, Lagos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Tnablack(f): 6:49am On Sep 03, 2018
DRscience
I have long acknowledged your message
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Bertram87: 7:02am On Sep 03, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

I am thy humble servant to command!. Greetings to you Chief and how are you doing?

I am doing very fine, thank you..... Good morning and have a great week...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by swisster: 7:23am On Sep 03, 2018
Vizzle4sure:
Visa Approved!!!
Applied Online 13th June
Biometric mail 22nd June
Biometric done 25th June
Eligibility and Upfront Medical passed 9th August
Surprising Medical Request 15th August
Sent upfront medical to CIC email addresses 16th August
Medical passed again 17th June
Sent CIC mail on application update 24th August
Sent CIC mail again 30th August
Approval/Passport Request 11am 31st August.
Submitted Passport 1pm 31st August
Schools resumes 01 September.

Thanks to you all.
I pray this year bring you all the happiness you deserve and your TRV approval. Amen.
Keep the hope alive!!

my man congrats. i will be posting my soon

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jazzyjay(f): 7:33am On Sep 03, 2018
Good Morning Fam!
To the gurus in the house, i need your assistance.

i got admission for fall session 2018 but couldn't meet up so i differed my admission to fall 2019.

Here is my concern:

My dad has two pieces of land he bought in the olden days (1973) that valued less than #700 each, with just a handwritten agreement between between both parties signed and stamped.

Then here is my question.

1) How do i transfer the ownership of the land to myself and how do i re-validate the value of the land to show that it worth more money now than then?

2) I have 8 siblings all married with kids, must i attach all their birth certificates in my application? because getting all of them seem difficult?

3) My parents has only baptismal card, hope it will serve as their birth certificate as that's the only document they?

Please help a fellow.

Thanks and God bless you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jazzyjay(f): 7:35am On Sep 03, 2018
congratulations dear

swisster:

my man congrats. i will be posting my soon
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Cherryola: 7:39am On Sep 03, 2018
@jnyuwa02 i have strong family ties and asset my dad have already gave me 1 plot of land worth $10kCAD and 2 storey building few year ago which I add the deed of Gift to my application as proof and the land survey plan in my name as the land new owner also have an investment with an insurance company which I told them I will continue to be running and am my dad next of kin to his bank acct I also add my 3 slibings birth certificate to my app which i stated there that i will come back to them and so my responsibilities as the first child pls help me with more point
jnyuwa02:

Since you have no strong family ties and strong asset, you need to concentrate on your work, showing your job prospects in Nigeria when you return. Get a reputable and respected person to write a letter of attestation commenting on your job prospect in your chosen course when you return to Nigeria. That person can say your career field in Nigeria is highly in demand and very lucrative, that the expertise you bring from Canada to that field will not only be respected in Nigeria, but will make you a force to be reckoned with. If you can’t find someone, you can say so yourself in your SOP. Since it appears you have some study gaps, try and cover them by showing how you have kept academically active or have been learning on your job and can still translate that passion for your work back to the classroom. Tell them that you are excited to go back to school and beleive your education Would be a great investment in the future of Nigeria.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Tnablack(f): 7:44am On Sep 03, 2018
Spatialking
Crandall University, Moncton, New Brunswick
But they have just 2-Masters though.

My last 2-years CGPA was about 3.78.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jazzyjay(f): 8:11am On Sep 03, 2018
@jnyuwa02 and Frankrobbn1

Please i need your email address so that i can send you some documents for review.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Carlz1: 8:18am On Sep 03, 2018
Frankrobbn1:
I
Carlz1,

Sorry for the late response my boss!
Your aunt is not a close relative that can tie you to Canada and you don't need a letter from her addressing this. Ties are regarded as immediate family members mostly father, mother, sisters, brothers, spouse and kids. Your aunt being a resident of Canada could not have been the reason to why you were refused based on home ties. So its either you failed to prove whether you have sufficient family ties to your home country.

In order to scale through in your next application, you're expected to explain extensively more on your elderly parents who depend on you for support and must return to continue taking care of them. Your parents properties and establishment which you *(the applicant)* is traditionally heir to and can't abandon them for a foreign education. Talk more about your immediate family members (your siblings) whom you will be leaving behind, the close bond which you have established with them and can't do without seeing them around. Your personal landed properties and registered business in Nigeria (personal assest if any) how you intend to make use of it after studies. Are you an active member in your local community of which you will be returning to continue participation. Aside the aforementioned, What are your career prospects here in Nigeria. How will your international certificate be of cutting edge and paramount benefit to your home country. What impact/change can you make in Nigeria. What are your short-term and long-term after study plans in Nigeria? .....Should be well substantiated in the home ties section in your SOP.

All the best!
Thank you very very much for your response. I really appreciate it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 8:35am On Sep 03, 2018
Nogen:

Hello Sir/ma'am. I am interested in this conversation. I drive with my Nigerian driver's license here because I was told Foreign students are allowed to drive with their country valid driver's license. So, a student can formally apply for a Canadian driver's license without being a permanent resident?

Exactly the same information I got from a friend over there. I wonder where the so called IDP came into place!

(1) (2) (3) ... (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.