Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,773 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (438) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (786144 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Yomicee: 9:18pm On Sep 03, 2018
jnyuwa02:

You can stay silent and wait for them to decide your application. If they want to give you, they will request new admission letter. If they do that, you can contact the school and inform them that the high commission wants to give you a visa. When they hear that, they will reissue you new admission letter or tell you to reapply for admission again.
thank you. I guess I’ll just have to keep fasting and praying

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 9:19pm On Sep 03, 2018
Yomicee:
every month the last 1 I got was yesterday.

Perhaps when you registered your online profile, you ticked the box that said you wanted CIC to keep reminding you every month of the status of your application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by DRscience(f): 9:27pm On Sep 03, 2018
Yiyio:
hello dear, any agency telling you that is a lier. you can apply for masters with that.
so how can i go about it. They kept telling me the chances are slim, only if i go for college

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 9:43pm On Sep 03, 2018
Yomicee:
Good day, please how can I cancel my visa application since the school has resumed and my admission has been terminated. I want to cancel my visa application so I don’t get denied. I have done my biometrics already and I hope that won’t affect anything. Thank you

You have everything to loose by withdrawing your application. Perhaps they might approve you. If they want to do that, they will request a new admission letter and you can inform the school that CIC wants to give you a visa. They most likely will reinstate your admission again. Even if you are denied, it means nothing. You have nothing to loose. You can apply again someday if you find admission. Previous denial means nothing if you can demonstrate anew your qualification for visa. You have everything to loose if you withdraw you application now because you loose that benefit of knowing what could have been possible.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Tnablack(f): 9:57pm On Sep 03, 2018
https://www.nairaland.com/jnyuwa02

Jnyuwa02

No I didn't tick any option for application update but I got the update 2-weeks ago.

Hahahahaha I know why you keep asking this though. Lol TRV dust to all of us.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Mbaku86: 10:39pm On Sep 03, 2018
Please how long does it take for money to be remitted from Canada to Nigeria. I paid my full tuition fees for my program but the School said they will reject part of the Tuition fees that is not due as it is not in the School policy to accept fees that are not due yet. The School said they have returned the (not due) Tuition fees since August 14th but my bank has not received it yet. Has anyone been in a situation similar to this. Kindly advise. I am really worried and confused on what is going on.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nogen: 10:39pm On Sep 03, 2018
@Cherryola, I would like to chip in something here. You said you have an OND, why don't you at least get a first degree in Nigeria and then proceed to Canada for your Masters. Trust me, a lot of things would improve with you by the time you are done with your first degree. The VO consistently do not see you as a genuine student considering the years of study gap you have as well as the fact you didn't have a paid job until recently. A lot of things are not working in your favour right now but you can correct those if you could at least go for your first degree in Nigeria or Ghana, then apply for a postgraduate degree in Canada when you are done.

All the best!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by drdamy(m): 11:41pm On Sep 03, 2018
please any school with application portal open for admission against 2019. Msc Computer science
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Trapping(m): 12:00am On Sep 04, 2018
I noticed that not too many docs can be submitted using the online route. Am I wrong? or is there a way to submit other docs, not only the ones provided by the IRCC
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by yemupz(m): 12:16am On Sep 04, 2018
ANaledi:
Good evening everyone. Are there any August applicants here?

Present sir �!
August 03. Online.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by vikmeek: 12:23am On Sep 04, 2018
jnyuwa02:

I am making progress, thanks for checking. I hope to resume this fall God willing. 18 days CIC has to release my decision or I loose my full scholarship, having deffered from last fall and this is my last deferment. God will intervene.

Which school pls. I lost my admission due to Visa delay, my school don't allow deferment
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by vikmeek: 12:26am On Sep 04, 2018
Hello everybody, glad to be back. I got delayed this January and I lost my admission Uottawa. But I am back to refire. Pls is there any school currently accepting admission entry for Winter, 2019?.

Kindly let me know asap, its urgent. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by yemupz(m): 12:33am On Sep 04, 2018
Trapping:
I noticed that not too many docs can be submitted using the online route. Am I wrong? or is there a way to submit other docs, not only the ones provided by the IRCC

I think it depends on how well you're able to manipulate and edit PDF files. There's an option to attach additional/personal files, where you normally attached the SOP/LOE letter. You can combine the letter with other documents you like to attach, as long as you keep the size less/equal to 4mb. For my online application, for example, I was able to attach all the extra documents like marriage certificate, degree certificates, transcript, birth certificates etc etc (up to like 40pages) to the letter.

If you can torrent a full version of Nitro pdf, it could make your PDF editing and merging a lot easier.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by VOJA(m): 2:30am On Sep 04, 2018
Interesting. . . .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by sola0004: 3:08am On Sep 04, 2018
please anybody currently in Lambton college Toronto?, abeg i dey find Naija friends oo...epp me ejo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Newman1010: 3:11am On Sep 04, 2018
muizzzz:
Good Evening House,

A friend application was refused and he seek for refund of tuition deposit which was given to him.

He's now to reapply without paying any deposit.

Hope he's good to go

@muizzzz, which admission letter will your friend be using to reapply? Is it the same one he used in the previous application?
If its the same one, then there might be a problem. My understanding about seeking a refund is that you no longer want the admission. This will usually mean the admission will be cancelled. I don't think you can seek a refund and still have the admission. "Your friend" is trying to be smart but i think he just played himself.

kindly clarify
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 3:52am On Sep 04, 2018
drdamy:
please any school with application portal open for admission against 2019. Msc Computer science
if you asking for fall term then most schools are open for app. check out waterloo university
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 4:27am On Sep 04, 2018
so i feel like there are a lotttt of college applicants and few university applicants here.
most of the approvals and refusals I see are of colleges(PGD) and I thought why not do a little research.
do y'all think IRCC favours university applicants over college applicants.
obviously college admission is much easier than university so ...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 6:09am On Sep 04, 2018
I also applied online on the 8th of August

yemupz:

Present sir �!
August 03. Online.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Biakwa: 6:12am On Sep 04, 2018
Good morning Bishop and all Elder.

Good morning everyone,

Just want to get a clear understanding.. Some people mention they sent CSC and some say they send mail to know the update of there application... Now which one is which and which one is better for a faster response...For me I have been sending mails to Accra, London, and Lagos no specific response rather normal Auto response ...Any difference between CSC, Webform, and the normal mail..

Response will be highly honored
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Trapping(m): 6:32am On Sep 04, 2018
yemupz:

I think it depends on how well you're able to manipulate and edit PDF files. There's an option to attach additional/personal files, where you normally attached the SOP/LOE letter. You can combine the letter with other documents you like to attach, as long as you keep the size less/equal to 4mb. For my online application, for example, I was able to attach all the extra documents like marriage certificate, degree certificates, transcript, birth certificates etc etc (up to like 40pages) to the letter.

If you can torrent a full version of Nitro pdf, it could make your PDF editing and merging a lot easier.

Thanks so much brother. I plan on using compressed zip folder to attach more docs, but I guess I will go through the pdf format you just advised. Again, thanks so much!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Trapping(m): 6:36am On Sep 04, 2018
vikmeek:
Hello everybody, glad to be back. I got delayed this January and I lost my admission Uottawa. But I am back to refire. Pls is there any school currently accepting admission entry for Winter, 2019?.

Kindly let me know asap, its urgent. Thank you

I know McGill university. But problem is, there deadline for winter session is Sept 1st, I know there are many schools that offer admission for the winter session. You may use this site to lookup for schools: univ.cc when you get into the site go under the link for Canada there you will be able to see all the schools in Canada.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Trapping(m): 6:44am On Sep 04, 2018
yemupz:

@Jnyuwa02, I hope I won't be breaking any rule if I add additional docs to the section for LOE/SOP. I asked because these visa officers sometimes can be unpredictable.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Cherryola: 6:49am On Sep 04, 2018
Madam what again can I do to my case apart from going back to first degree in Nigeria pls and need more advice from this can't i get approve without this I finish my OND in 2016 and have been working ever since then
Nogen:
@Cherryola, I would like to chip in something here. You said you have an OND, why don't you at least get a first degree in Nigeria and then proceed to Canada for your Masters. Trust me, a lot of things would improve with you by the time you are done with your first degree. The VO consistently do not see you as a genuine student considering the years of study gap you have as well as the fact you didn't have a paid job until recently. A lot of things are not working in your favour right now but you can correct those if you could at least go for your first degree in Nigeria or Ghana, then apply for a postgraduate degree in Canada when you are done.

All the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Yomicee: 7:12am On Sep 04, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Perhaps when you registered your online profile, you ticked the box that said you wanted CIC to keep reminding you every month of the status of your application.
yes I did
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Yomicee: 7:14am On Sep 04, 2018
jnyuwa02:

You have everything to loose by withdrawing your application. Perhaps they might approve you. If they want to do that, they will request a new admission letter and you can inform the school that CIC wants to give you a visa. They most likely will reinstate your admission again. Even if you are denied, it means nothing. You have nothing to loose. You can apply again someday if you find admission. Previous denial means nothing if you can demonstrate anew your qualification for visa. You have everything to loose if you withdraw you application now because you loose that benefit of knowing what could have been possible.
alright cool. Thank you so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Yomicee: 7:15am On Sep 04, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Alright cool. Thank you so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Banks039: 7:26am On Sep 04, 2018
hollo house

Do i need to be able to speak French if seeking admission at Uni Ottawa ?

Also can anybody pls recommend me a school where i can go for my msc in PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by realshifu: 9:19am On Sep 04, 2018
Hello everyone. CIC just uploaded my correspondence letter righr now. I am currently on my lay over in Frankfurt. Will be catching a connection to Montreal.

I just took the risk and flew like that, my flight was non-refundable and rebooking woukd have cost me like 450$ that i dont have. And most importantly i must resume on Wednesday. So without my correspondence letter, I left Lagos láì that.

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by galala123(m): 9:34am On Sep 04, 2018
realshifu:
Hello everyone. CIC just uploaded my correspondence letter righr now. I am currently on my lay over in Frankfurt. Will be catching a connection to Montreal.

I just took the risk and flew like that, my flight was non-refundable and rebooking woukd have cost me like 450$ that i dont have. And most importantly i must resume on Wednesday. So without my correspondence letter, I left Lagos láì that.

Congrats Brother. The remaining leg to Montreal will be much calmer for you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by canadabyfire: 9:44am On Sep 04, 2018
Returned foreign currency transfer does not take more than 2 days......however, it is not a big problem.....you may need to write to your school to forward to you the swift message or telex copy evidencing the refund; with the telex copy, you can approach the receiving bank (your Nigerian Bank in this case) to trace where the money is hanging..................

The Nigerian bank through which you remitted the funds for your school fees, do you have an account with the bank? On the contrary you may approach your Nigeria Bank and lodge the complaints

Mbaku86:
Please how long does it take for money to be remitted from Canada to Nigeria. I paid my full tuition fees for my program but the School said they will reject part of the Tuition fees that is not due as it is not in the School policy to accept fees that are not due yet. The School said they have returned the (not due) Tuition fees since August 14th but my bank has not received it yet. Has anyone been in a situation similar to this. Kindly advise. I am really worried and confused on what is going on.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by joe10: 9:53am On Sep 04, 2018
Good day House.
Please I am considering the possibility of changing my school to University of Saskatchewan for a masters program in Finance with a second class upper division. Please i need advise esp from those who have gotten admission from this school. Does University of Saskatchewan make GMAT mandatory for graduate programs and if advance payment of fee is a prerequisite for issuing acceptance letter. Will be highly grateful for your response.

(1) (2) (3) ... (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.