Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,971 members, 7,821,400 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (447) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (787392 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 1:44pm On Sep 06, 2018
uyplus:

God bless you richly! I found a brother in you within a short time of meeting you. You have such a large heart and God in his infinite goodness will bless you richly! You really helped me a great deal! The advices you gave were amazing man! @jnyuwa keep fooling around. You claim to have lived in the US for 18 years yet you are here claiming to pursue student visa. I won't join words with you cause I have read through most of your comments and they tell alot about you!

Thank you very much for your kind words about me and I say a big AMEN to your prayers. You've also been a good friend and a brother to me. I wish you the very best in life and I also wish you a safe trip to Canada my brother!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ghabrhiel10: 1:47pm On Sep 06, 2018
mcobex:
Have you applied for your TRV? if yes, did you write in your SOP that you are leaving cos naija is a shitehole? If you haven't applied yet I hope you will put the Nigeria being a shitehole in your SOP?

Brother I'm not here to argue, I'm here to acquire knowledge please leave my opinion to me, ask yourself the real reason you want to leave Nigeria and study abroad. Na me wear shoe and na me know where e dy pain me

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by amozag2018: 1:53pm On Sep 06, 2018
Guru's in the house can you explain what CIC mean by "Please note that your application for a study permit is currently under active review.". I got the mail below from CIC on Tuesday.

Good day,

We write in reply to your enquiry dated August 31st.

Please note that your application for a study permit is currently under active review.

You will be notified via your online account once a decision has been reached.

We trust this information is of assistance to you.

Kind regards,

Visa Office | Bureau de Visa
Deputy High Commission of Canada | Haut Commissariat auxillaire du Canada
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lagos2canna: 2:04pm On Sep 06, 2018
Trapping:
I plan on going on my biometrics tomorrow but problem is that I dont have my passport with me. I only have a scanned copy of my data page. Can I take the print out to the VAC tomorrow or do I need to come with my paspport.
Thanks!
No passport no biometrics, don't waste your time.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kpizzle: 2:10pm On Sep 06, 2018
Na wah o! see romance.

Frankrobbn1:

Thank you very much for your kind words about me and I say a big AMEN to your prayers. You've also been a good friend and a brother to me. I wish you the very best in life and I also wish you a safe trip to Canada my brother!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Favourme84: 2:13pm On Sep 06, 2018
Good afternoon house...I need clarification on this..
I studies Economics Education graduated in 2008 with 2.1,NYSC...2009 and MBA 2011 and presently working in Bank for the past 7 years..
I want to apply to study in canada but a bit confused with what have been reading here..should i go for counselling course or banking related course.Master or professional courses as i dont want to leave my job yet

PLEASE your sincere advise will be appreciated
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 2:20pm On Sep 06, 2018
amozag2018:
Guru's in the house can you explain what CIC mean by "Please note that your application for a study permit is currently under active review.". I got the mail below from CIC on Tuesday.

Good day,

We write in reply to your enquiry dated August 31st.

Please note that your application for a study permit is currently under active review.

You will be notified via your online account once a decision has been reached.

We trust this information is of assistance to you.

Kind regards,

Visa Office | Bureau de Visa
Deputy High Commission of Canada | Haut Commissariat auxillaire du Canada

Apparently, a visa application could be passively reviewed which is why many takes months. The feedback you got meant that your VISA application is now being actively being reviewed and you should get a decision soon. I'd assume within a couple of days.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ysakaws: 2:28pm On Sep 06, 2018
Please who can confirm if University of British Columbia application fee is truly free for Nigerians?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by afamnwodo10: 2:32pm On Sep 06, 2018
Thank you so much...quote author=canadabyfire post=70953340]
In clear and honest terms, no one can tell you for sure, what your chances for success will be..........whatever you read or hear are mere speculations.

Seeking for a second degree shouldnt raise eye brows if it is well justified...........however, our reputation as nationalities of this great Nation called Nigeria is so bad..........that it is extremely difficult for the VO to filter genuine applicants................and trust the genuineness of our intention to change course of study.

The homework lies in you to genuinely justify the need for a second B.SC. after one in Nigeria..............

Homework
1. Why another B.SC?
2.Why this B.SC. in canada and not elsewhere?
3. What are the employment prospects of a B.SC. holder in your proposed field.
4. What will compel you to return after your B.SC.........?

Correctly answering above, might clear the purpose of visit............... then other sections of the review will come up grin grin grin grin

[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Dera12345(f): 2:49pm On Sep 06, 2018
uyplus:

Pharmacy

Please I sent you a PM, kindly reply...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 2:54pm On Sep 06, 2018
ghabrhiel10:

Brother I'm not here to argue, I'm here to acquire knowledge please leave my opinion to me, ask yourself the real reason you want to leave Nigeria and study abroad. Na me wear shoe and na me know where e dy pain me
Lol! No worry, God go grant your wish.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ghabrhiel10: 3:15pm On Sep 06, 2018
mcobex:
Lol! No worry, God go grant your wish.

Amen, yours too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by dinho10(m): 3:23pm On Sep 06, 2018
ghabrhiel10:

Amen, yours too

Omo....see how maturity came to play....respect.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 3:32pm On Sep 06, 2018
The post from @mcobex is enough to cause another rift on this thread after the ongoing Shithole bruhaha. But the maturiy of @ghabrhiel10 came into play through his reply and both ended wishing each other well. If @mcobex had said this to an Immature person, then we will be experience 2 different "fights" at the sam etime on this thread. Nice one @ghabrieh10

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by afroxyz: 3:49pm On Sep 06, 2018
realshifu:

Yes I got a Supervisor before applying, and barring a couple of programs, McGill do not require the GRE. So i didn't write it.

Probably your discpline does not require. Mine does
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by afroxyz: 3:51pm On Sep 06, 2018
Ysakaws:
Please who can confirm if University of British Columbia application fee is truly free for Nigerians?

Why not email the school
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Austacus: 4:02pm On Sep 06, 2018
My TRV Application is now growing grey beards in cic
7,776,000 seconds
129,600 minutes
2160 hours
90 days
12 weeks and 6 days (12 o’clock tomorrow 13 weeks chaii)
24.66% of 2018
What have I done wrong to deserve all this bikonu?
I’ve been a silent reader!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by canadabyfire: 4:11pm On Sep 06, 2018
Quite hilarious.................oya lets take roll call to calm your nerves grin grin grin

Any April and May applicant still awaiting decision?.........oya truthfully declare your status so that @ Austacus can be encouraged........

Early June applicants nko?.....................

Austacus:
7,776,000 seconds
129,600 minutes
2160 hours
90 days
24.66% of 2018

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kpizzle: 4:24pm On Sep 06, 2018
Bros, you get mind o.

u dey form silent reader for over 12 weeks and u never voice out since?

Austacus:
7,776,000 seconds
129,600 minutes
2160 hours
90 days
24.66% of 2018

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Concate(f): 4:31pm On Sep 06, 2018
canadabyfire:

Quite hilarious.................oya lets take roll call to calm your nerves grin grin grin

Any April and May applicant still awaiting decision?.........oya truthfully declare your status so that @ Austacus can be encouraged........

I dey here o. I submitted online app on May 31st and did biometrics on June 4th. Still no update on my account.

You are not alone....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Austacus: 4:42pm On Sep 06, 2018
kpizzle:
Bros, you get mind o.

u dey form silent reader for over 12 weeks and u never voice out since?

My brother no be small thin oooo. I just dey form silent reader who silent reader help.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Austacus: 4:44pm On Sep 06, 2018
Concate:

I dey here o. I submitted online app on May 31st and did biometrics on June 4th. Still no update on my account.

You are not alone....

My brother, the lord is our strength but to be sincere I no even get strength again self.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Bodmillz: 4:51pm On Sep 06, 2018
uyplus:

You lived in the US for 18years of your life? Great to know! You have been claiming to be waiting for a visa since time immemorial. For your information, I just boarded the aircraft to leave Nigeria enroute to Toronto! Do you realize that I don't even care to know you? I have never reached out to you on this forum! You claim to know it all yet you are still lieing around that the visa officer are fighting you! You were issued an inadmissibility letter, so stop fooling around! Go and tell the admission people that I shouldn't have been awarded admission and also tell the visa officer that I shouldn't have been issued a study permit!

Bros you dey vex o! Please calm down and let everything pass.

Nigeria hard but please don’t call our fatherland shithole. I have spent barely two weeks and some days in Canada and I must tell you I’m missing home. Life’s good here and thousands times better than in Nigeria but no place can be like where you grew up.

The culture here is totally different from ours. You would be living in the same Condo and you won’t even greet one another when your path crosses. For example, in the walkway or when you in the elevator, you will either be looking each other like dondee or be pressing phone. Sometimes you greet them and they will be looking at you like mumu, and sometimes they respond with all smile. Even in 3 or more bedroom houses, you see only few that mix well. Most times it’s hi hi when you meet and when you in the house, you lock yourself in the room doing your thing.

The food too. You go chop rice tire. The best thing is to cook here. Not like naija wey you fit just enter one restaurant or buka and load fufu or Eba and spend less than 1k. Go to African restaurant here a the least plate you can get is for $15 (#4,350) and you won’t even be satisfied. And for your info, you pay tax for everything. SIM card wey dem dey sell 100 naira for naija, I bought for $40 (#11,600) here , which was the best deal and I was charged $6 (#1740) extra as tax. Even tax dey ontop bread. I buy wheat bread for $3.29 (#954) which is #250 in naija(more than x3). So the thing here is you have to change your lifestyle if you really wanna have savings. Wheat bread wey I dey finish once in naija, I dey chop am 3 times here grin. Beans of about 3 congos is $22 imagine! One thing, If you keep converting to naira, you won’t buy anything here lol. Got a jean jacket $70 wey I go see confirm akube for 1500 in naija.

Also, I learnt the weather during winter is mad. Even those that were born and bred here are afraid winter is coming! I remember during my orientation a lady at the information fair was asking me if I would like to study abroad. I told her I am already studying abroad because I am an International student. She laughed and said I can still study abroad, perhaps after I spend a winter here, I would like to study abroad...imagine! Lol

Congrats on your approval and I wish you the best in Canada!

25 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Austacus: 4:57pm On Sep 06, 2018
canadabyfire:

Bros, I don’t know why you said *truthfully declare your status*
Why Would I lie about my application status?
Hell no! Waitin I go gain to lie about my status abeg
{online June 9th applicant}
I sent a mail to Lagos, accra and London 28th of August whilst is on Tuesday last week to be precise and they replied me on 30th Thursday last week. Dem say my application is under active review, since Thursday oooooo I hope God is seeing this
Okay!
Lagos office replied me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Dwebb55: 5:04pm On Sep 06, 2018
uyplus:

You lived in the US for 18years of your life? Great to know! You have been claiming to be waiting for a visa since time immemorial. For your information, I just boarded the aircraft to leave Nigeria enroute to Toronto! Do you realize that I don't even care to know you? I have never reached out to you on this forum! You claim to know it all yet you are still lieing around that the visa officer are fighting you! You were issued an inadmissibility letter, so stop fooling around! Go and tell the admission people that I shouldn't have been awarded admission and also tell the visa officer that I shouldn't have been issued a study permit!

You don't need this! People need to learn to waka pass. You know you started this by referring to our country as a shithole so whatever comments people make just take in good faith and ignore. I'm not in support of what was said to you however your comments started this fireball and you should just apologise and move on. Trust me there will be many nights that you will miss this shithole country (from experience) and I'm sure you have family that you left behind here. Please let's keep our comments civil as we're not the only ones that read this blog.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Dwebb55: 5:21pm On Sep 06, 2018
Austacus:

My brother no be small thin oooo. I just dey form silent reader who silent reader help.

My brother, I feel you. Submitted June 1 online, biometrics on 7th but no word until last week that my application is under 'active review' and since then nothing has changed on my profile. Delay can be daunting but I believe in what I want to study over in Canada. If I dont hear anything from them by tomorrow, I'll have to defer until next year.

Just keep the faith!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Senatorkolade: 5:26pm On Sep 06, 2018
Bodmillz:

Bros you dey vex o! Please calm down and let everything pass.

Nigeria hard but please don’t call our fatherland shithole. I have spent barely two weeks and some days in Canada and I must tell you I’m missing home. Life’s good here and thousands times better than in Nigeria but no place can be like where you grew up.

The culture here is totally different from ours. You would be living in the same Condo and you won’t even greet one another when your path crosses. For example, in the walkway or when you in the elevator, you will either be looking each other like dondee or be pressing phone. Sometimes you greet them and they will be looking at you like mumu, and sometimes they respond with all smile. Even in 3 or more bedroom houses, you see only few that mix well. Most times it’s hi hi when you meet and when you in the house, you lock yourself in the room doing your thing.

The food too. You go chop rice tire. The best thing is to cook here. Not like naija wey you fit just enter one restaurant or buka and load fufu or Eba and spend less than 1k. Go to African restaurant here a the least plate you can get is for $15 (#4,350) and you won’t even be satisfied. And for your info, you pay tax for everything. SIM card wey dem dey sell 100 naira for naija, I bought for $40 (#11,600) here , which was the best deal and I was charged $6 (#1740) extra as tax. Even tax dey ontop bread. I buy wheat bread for $3.29 (#954) which is #250 in naija(more than x3). So the thing here is you have to change your lifestyle if you really wanna have savings. Wheat bread wey I dey finish once in naija, I dey chop am 3 times here grin. Beans of about 3 congos is $22 imagine! One thing, If you keep converting to naira, you won’t buy anything here lol. Got a jean jacket $70 wey I go see confirm akube for 1500 in naija.

Also, I learnt the weather during winter is mad. Even those that were born and bred here are afraid winter is coming! I remember during my orientation a lady at the information fair was asking me if I would like to study abroad. I told her I am already studying abroad because I am an International student. She laughed and said I can still study abroad, perhaps after I spend a winter here, I would like to study abroad...imagine! Lol

Congrats on your approval and I wish you the best in Canada!

This is the comment of the year. I really love the write-up. You deserve 1000 gbosa for this

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Senatorkolade: 5:28pm On Sep 06, 2018
Concate:

You are not alone....

GOD TIME IS THE BEST
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by papijulah: 5:34pm On Sep 06, 2018
Approval!!!! I'm yet to collect my passport but got a mail today from Cic and it's the correspondence letter.

I will collect my passport from the vfs tomorrow.

21 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by chisiudeh: 5:40pm On Sep 06, 2018
Good evening guys. Anyone in George Brown college here please??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Austacus: 5:45pm On Sep 06, 2018
papijulah:
Approval!!!! I'm yet to collect my passport but got a mail today from Cic and it's the correspondence letter.

I will collect my passport from the vfs tomorrow.

Congratulations
I tap from you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Hadastextiles: 5:56pm On Sep 06, 2018
Gud evening friends,
Please I need name of schools where agricultural engineering is been offered.
Please it's urgent
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.