Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,782 members, 7,851,650 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:25 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (451) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (802743 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by GodgivenGrace: 8:55am On Sep 07, 2018
galala123:

Don't think you need return ticket. I guess you have post study option open after you finish your program.

Yes exactly

Thank you

Please anyone with other suggestions
I want to be sure before booking

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 8:57am On Sep 07, 2018
ghabrhiel10:

Amen, yours too
AMEN!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Bodmillz: 8:58am On Sep 07, 2018
mcobex:
Lol! Na so o bro,. You never begin mix red oil with groundnut oil cook egusi/ogbonor soup? cos that's what I do if not once red oil finish na only groundnut oil I go use cook soup.

Lol naso o! Red oil for here is around $5 for little nestle water bottle.

Have you started taking your plastic bag to the store to have your goods in it? Lol you have to pay for that separate after buying your goods. Wey dem go help you double nylon for naija lol

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Bodmillz: 9:00am On Sep 07, 2018
GodgivenGrace:

Yes exactly

Thank you

Please anyone with other suggestions
I want to be sure before booking

You don’t need to book return ticket.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 9:03am On Sep 07, 2018
uyplus:
I will update the forum on my trip.

I flew with Ethiopian airlines. Boeing 787 dreamliner! The airport fine die! Ethiopia don leave us for back! Abuja's airport looks like a bus station compared to this one in Addis. I am heading for Frankfurt soon! Canada bound! Baba God were do am for me go do am for every TRV hopefuls on this forum!
Safe journey bro. Enjoy your stay

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 9:14am On Sep 07, 2018
Bodmillz:

Have you started taking your plastic bag to the store to have your goods in it? Lol you have to pay for that separate after buying your goods. Wey dem go help you double nylon for naija lol
Lol! It's a nice experience though. May God see us through

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 9:21am On Sep 07, 2018
I want to say a big congratulations to all those that recently got their TRV, wish you all safe journey and study well. That said, please always try squeeze out time from your busy schedule to share useful information to the newbies as they will really appreciate it.
As for those still expecting to hear from CIC, please keep your school informed of the progress of your app and ask them to give you time(most schools give around 14 days for students to resume), so try to exhaust that time before deferring your admission (hopefully before then the almighty CIC would have responded).
For those that were delayed/denied, you still have time to request for your GCMS note(so as to know the real reasons behind the delay), then repackage your new app and fire.
Best of luck everyone and God bless.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by canadabyfire: 10:09am On Sep 07, 2018
Guy abeg which province you dey?

Bodmillz:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by reichwolf: 10:21am On Sep 07, 2018
Hello guys I was supposed to go for a 2 year program starting Fall 2018. But due to being over 3 weeks late I will probably be deferred to Jan Winter 2019 by the school. Luckily though I was recently asked to go drop my passport for visa stamping. So I wanted to ask what will be the duration of the TRV they’ll stamp in my passport?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 10:48am On Sep 07, 2018
reichwolf:
Hello guys I was supposed to go for a 2 year program starting Fall 2018. But due to being over 3 weeks late I will probably be deferred to Jan Winter 2019 by the school. Luckily though I was recently asked to go drop my passport for visa stamping. So I wanted to ask what will be the duration of the TRV they’ll stamp in my passport?
TRV is just to grant you entrance into Canada, your study permit will be issued at the point of entry. Since you have deferred your admission till January, just wait till December and travel. Try and inform your school now about the recent development(your TRV approval) and hear what they have to say.
Congratulations and best of luck

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by galala123(m): 10:50am On Sep 07, 2018
reichwolf:

Waiting 2 weeks and perhaps surviving 2 weekends between medicals passed and Passport request must be heart wrenching....

You will soon know the duration... It is the least of your problems now. I guess you're wondering if it will cover the new period. You'll easily cross that bridge when you get there.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 07, 2018
Give us good news please. How far?

mightyokwy:

Aww, no vex ma. This thing just weak me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by NeyofeedNigEnt: 11:12am On Sep 07, 2018
GodgivenGrace:
Good morning Guys

Am very sorry I was asked some questions here which I couldn't answer because I had issues with my phone when I posted good news.

Please I need some clarification as I want to book for flight now

I have a one year multiple TRV, please is it a most to book a return ticket because is a year program?

Or is there anybody that travelled recently with a year TRV without giving issues at the border?

Please your advice will be priceless for me as I want to book for my ticket now.

Kindly help a brother out expecially people that travelled recently.

Thank you all

You will be allow to board with one way ticket if you have your tuition fee receipt full or half.

But if u never pay for your tuition I will advice you to have your return ticket.
You might not be allow to board here in 9ja without tuition payment cus of your visa duration.

It happened to me before back in 2014.
The airline check in guy don't wanna board me until I showed him my half tuition fee.

Nb: My study visa was even 18months.
Infact when I wanna book with wakanow the lady helped me to confirm from her boss even before she proceed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Uju4real002: 11:14am On Sep 07, 2018
good morning gurus in the house. pls i need guideline, i was denied canada study permit, the reasons was based on personal assets and financial, status, limited evidence between me and my sponsor.
my sponsor in my previous application is my brother, and i submited his own companies bank statement closing balance of 10miilion and over 100million transaction and also his person bank statement of 1.7m and 27m transction. i also submitted land documents, i want to apply again cos my sch is jan 2019, pls i need guideline. pls help a sister
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by NeyofeedNigEnt: 11:18am On Sep 07, 2018
galala123:

She started making inquiries on US visa thread after going silent here. I was surprised. If she was approved, I guess she would have told us.... If not, she wouldn't be the first so I don't see why she'd have to just blank the house. Every now and then frustrated or anxious silent observers scream in confession and find some solace in the house -some disappear again after obtaining some level of comfort without caring to provide others emotional support during other people's time of psychological imbalance. I decided to give her some time believing that after some much needed privacy, she'll get back to us so people can learn from her adventure whether it be positive or negative. People handle joy and shock differently so let's understand.

I suspect she got answers here at her time of need but turned her back on the house eventually. Is it something in our blood? Having come from the UK one would have expected a higher level of integrity (...for here I was, worrying if she had been kidnapped or something bad had happened to her like an accident or ill health). Lesson to be learnt is that we shouldn't think less of our people on ground and more of the people away.

We can only wish her the best as I don't expect her to come back making inquiries on this particular thread again very soon though she will always be very welcome. In case you are reading this comment.... If things didn't go well as planned, don't lose hope, we may not understand how shattered your plans have become... But things usually get better with time once there is life. IRCC has cut many tongues before. Sometimes, you can almost beat your chest about your airtight application until they embarrass you. Meanwhile, if you feel some folks here mislead you, I apologise on thier behalf - Providing feedback may help others avoid falling into the same pit.

I suspect she contacted some people like frankobyn or Jnyuwa02 after then privately. Until you guys brought it up, I thought it best to respect her privacy thinking I was the only one who noticed her action.

If I have spoken badly (especially using the word 'integrity" - I was looking for a better word)... Please forgive me. Meanwhile, It would be such a wonderful relief to know that you forgot us because of over celebration having received positive feedback on your application status -though I guess you might have remembered to further inquire about flights from Naija.

Lastly, I noticed she was viewing the topic (as herself, not guest oh) when folks said she will soon get back to clarify the medicals issue.

Good morning, afternoon, evening or night depending on your time zone to my fellow Nigerians all over the world!
Teki-nology is good.

Imagine.
Mesef dey wait without knowing she don run go USA thread. Nawa o nija spirit.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyokwy(m): 12:00pm On Sep 07, 2018
My application was refused. Reason been that they are not convinced that I will return to Nigeria after my studies. Please what else should I do. Help a brother.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyokwy(m): 12:02pm On Sep 07, 2018
ANaledi:
Give us good news please. How far?

It's refusal. I left the visa office just now. Amy either on what else to do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lagos2canna: 12:12pm On Sep 07, 2018
mightyokwy:
My application was refused. Reason been that they are not convinced that I will return to Nigeria after my studies. Please what else should I do. Help a brother.
Sorry about the delay, if your program has January start write a good sop and apply again.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 12:14pm On Sep 07, 2018
This is easy to tackle with a convincing SOP on the reasons and also supporting documents. Meahwhile order for your GCMS note first.
mightyokwy:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 12:16pm On Sep 07, 2018
I am sorry. Let’s hear what the others have to say about the best way to reapply

mightyokwy:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by galala123(m): 12:17pm On Sep 07, 2018
mightyokwy:

Sorry about that. I note that you were refused on 2 grounds which may be easier to tackle that multiple reasons.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lagos2canna: 12:19pm On Sep 07, 2018
Uju4real002:
good morning gurus in the house. pls i need guideline, i was denied canada study permit, the reasons was based on personal assets and financial, status, limited evidence between me and my sponsor.
my sponsor in my previous application is my brother, and i submited his own companies bank statement closing balance of 10miilion and over 100million transaction and also his person bank statement of 1.7m and 27m transction. i also submitted land documents, i want to apply again cos my sch is jan 2019, pls i need guideline. pls help a sister
Order for your gcms note first.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyokwy(m): 12:19pm On Sep 07, 2018
makano:
This is easy to tackle with a convincing SOP on the reasons and also supporting documents. Meahwhile order for your GCMS note first.
Abeg waiting be GCMS. In my first application I submitted my sponsors business registration documents and SOP. My sponsor also wrote a letter to them with bank statement with reasonable amount in it. Please can you help with good sop that can help the situation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyokwy(m): 12:25pm On Sep 07, 2018
galala123:

Sorry about that. I note that you were refused on 2 grounds which may be easier to tackle that multiple reasons.
Bros any either on how to tackle this. Pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Senatorkolade: 12:30pm On Sep 07, 2018
NeyofeedNigEnt:

You will be allow to board with one way ticket if you have your tuition fee receipt full or half.

But if u never pay for your tuition I will advice you to have your return ticket.
You might not be allow to board here in 9ja without tuition payment cus of your visa duration.

It happened to me before back in 2014.
The airline check in guy don't wanna board me until I showed him my half tuition fee.

Nb: My study visa was even 18months.
Infact when I wanna book with wakanow the lady helped me to confirm from her boss even before she proceed.

I disagree with this. The IATA rule is that tickets don't last more than a year. If you book your flight in September 2018, if you don't use the return leg by September 2019, your ticket will be void. Think of somebody who has a 24 months visa to return.
That is why students are generally allowed to buy one way ticket. But that airline staff that was asking you a return ticket was just being overzealous for reason best known to him.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by canadabyfire: 12:32pm On Sep 07, 2018
Order your GCMS notes which takes about 1month for delivery (you may google more on GCMS notes) , share your profile.............what you do in terms of work and how long, what you studied and your proposed study versus the level of the study (Masters, PGC/PGD, etc)...........source of funding, etc.............with these information help will come easily for your next application.....that is.....if you which to reapply............on the interim you may consider deferring your admission to next semester.....if the option to defer is still open.

mightyokwy:

Abeg waiting be GCMS. In my first application I submitted my sponsors business registration documents and SOP. My sponsor also wrote a letter to them with bank statement with reasonable amount in it. Please can you help with good sop that can help the situation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by galala123(m): 1:11pm On Sep 07, 2018
mightyokwy:

Bros any advise on how to tackle this. Pls
Try to get your case notes first.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 1:37pm On Sep 07, 2018
Its obvious u are very new here, Buh lemme briefly answer ur question, GCMS note is simply a note that tells you the real reasons why ur application was refused rather than the normal refusal letter u just uploaded a few minutes ago. I would have put up a link to order for ur GCMS notes, but the Moderator of this thread wont allow that. So I will advise you Google GCMS note or better still U can Search for GCMS on this thread, and all info about GCMS notes will appear for you. Goodluck
mightyokwy:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Deedyvn: 1:40pm On Sep 07, 2018
Hello everyone.Just joined this forum some minute ago. Please I want to know if any one who applied for a study permit in July 31st has gotten their visa approved. Have'nt heard anything from them since that time. Please help me with any update. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by yungreezy: 2:01pm On Sep 07, 2018
Hello guys..
Any chances for a second application to be approved. How does one tackle multiple reasons of refusal. Profile is a BSc in physiology 3rd class, a Pgd in Nigeria and applied for a Pgd in Occupational health. Working as well. @frank and others pls comment. Gcms notes being ordered for already

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Funmie17: 2:05pm On Sep 07, 2018
Good pm all, bsc insurance and msc mgt.can I enrol in a Canadian college or University to study bsc nursing
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by canadabyfire: 2:16pm On Sep 07, 2018
It is well.............please wait for the GCMS notes....which visa office handled your application.............you would know this from the address stated on this letter you attached.............accra, nairobi, or lagos?

yungreezy:
Hello guys..
Any chances for a second application to be approved. How does one tackle multiple reasons of refusal. Profile is a BSc in physiology 3rd class, a Pgd in Nigeria and applied for a Pgd in Occupational health. Working as well. @frank and others pls comment. Gcms notes being ordered for already

(1) (2) (3) ... (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) ... (517)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.