Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,816 members, 7,831,656 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (791775 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by vibrant99(m): 2:18pm On Apr 07, 2018
What is Ebonics here now? dem don start, ...
Anyway, when is your Visa getting approved or how has the waiting been?
Thats why we are here, abi? Ekasan sir.
jnyuwa02:

What kind of Ebonics is this? What is pray for Express Sir? What am I praying for?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 2:31pm On Apr 07, 2018
vibrant99:
What is Ebonics here now? dem don start, ...
Anyway, when is your Visa getting approved or how has the waiting been?
Thats why we are here, abi? Ekasan sir.

Only a matter of time Sir, the waiting would be very much worth it I am confident!! It is not do or die, it would be rewarding either way, the learning process that trickles and effect other areas of life. God is faithful and we serve him not because of what we can get from him. We serve him because he is God. Both are an apt analogy.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 2:59pm On Apr 07, 2018
[quote author=jnyuwa02 post=66507577]

Hello bro..

I have a landed property that belonged to my grandfather but has been my dad's own since my grandpa is late...this land has no C of O and I'm considering submitting it as hometie...what other documents aside from the survey plan can I get to show proof of ownership...

Thanks..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Jewel80(f): 3:21pm On Apr 07, 2018
Hello everyone,

I must say I am very impressed with the detailed information that have been passed on this forum by patriotic citizens. Good eye opener. I recently got an admission to study Master of Public Health. I am really taking my time to gather all documents required to apply for my study permit, also have been making my research to identify loop holes in denied visa applications and try to fill them when I start my application. Nairaland has contributed immensely to this.

Did my undergraduate in public health and graduated 2016, started service 2017 and I will be passing out from NYSC on the 12th of April, 2018. My uncle will be my financial sponsor and he is a citizen of U.S.A and lives there. I have read all the documents he will need to provide to satisfy the financial support requirement during my application.

However, I want to know...as a recent graduate who has no employment offer, no land or personal assets as ties to home country, no spouse, no child, and am the second daughter in the family, how do i defend my home ties and intention to return to Nigeria after my study in Canada?

I anticipate your reply..thank you much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by brainiac007: 3:42pm On Apr 07, 2018
Hello everyone.

I'm new to this thread and am so glad I stumbled on it.

I'm thinking of applying for a master's degree program in Computer science or Information Technology or Management information systems.

My CGPA is 4.06.

I've been working for 8years but with no work experience in the program I'll be applying for.

I would like to know a few things.

What affordable schools do you recommend I apply to that offer these courses?

Can my kids accompany me while I study?

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by WEIRDPC(m): 4:08pm On Apr 07, 2018
Jewel80:
Hello everyone,

I must say I am very impressed with the detailed information that have been passed on this forum by patriotic citizens. Good eye opener. I recently got an admission to study Master of Public Health. I am really taking my time to gather all documents required to apply for my study permit, also have been making my research to identify loop holes in denied visa applications and try to fill them when I start my application. Nairaland has contributed immensely to this.

Did my undergraduate in public health and graduated 2016, started service 2017 and I will be passing out from NYSC on the 12th of April, 2018. My uncle will be my financial sponsor and he is a citizen of U.S.A and lives there. I have read all the documents he will need to provide to satisfy the financial support requirement during my application.

However, I want to know...as a recent graduate who has no employment offer, no land or personal assets as ties to home country, no spouse, no child, and am the second daughter in the family, how do i defend my home ties and intention to return to Nigeria after my study in Canada?

There are a lot things that can serve as home tie. Anything that will make you want to come home at the end of your study.

It could be your parent, siblings, a large sum of money in Nigeria, a business, your parents assets, or a job prospect in Nigeria.

The onus is on you to prove its a tie.

Best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by life4lekan2: 4:42pm On Apr 07, 2018
Jewel80:
Hello everyone,

Congrats on your admission. please which university gave you masters in public health. I have sister that is interested in public health. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by MrniceG: 6:10pm On Apr 07, 2018
Austinpee4:

Before you even apply for admission, ensure you have good and cogent reasons to give to the visa officer about why you have chosen an advanced diploma(this is below a degree) and why you intend to spend huge funds obtaining it in Canada as against Nigeria. You will also need to explain all you have been doing till date. And yes, in your case, your age may raise a little eyebrow during your study permit application but if you can convince them enough, it MIGHT matter less.

You really need to think this move before you decide. There is a lot about 'purpose of visit' hovering around it already. If you have a very genuine reason for going for this program, then you can proceed otherwise, it will be highly unlikely to convince the officers seated in Accra.

Elo, Same thing with me, plz i just want to ask are u saying an advance diploma program isn't t good to go for? Cos i also intend applying for an advance diploma program for 2years in Biomedical engineering technology in one of the collegies in canada. But i hv searched for pgd program in Biomedical engineering technology but to no avail. I study electrical electronics engineering, worked for some years as an electrical engr, i got an other job as a biomedical engr 3 years back, but b4 i was confirm a biomedical engr i was train on how to fix hospital equipment both home and abroad. I hv good job experience on this career and some foreign certifications to back my CV and i so wish to go forward into it. U also said some thing on the age side cos i am 33. I will appreciate u guide me.

Thanks

Regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Jewel80(f): 6:46pm On Apr 07, 2018
life4lekan2:

Congrats on your admission. please which university gave you masters in public health. I have sister that is interested in public health. Thanks

University of Alberta

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Jewel80(f): 6:49pm On Apr 07, 2018
WEIRDPC:

There are a lot things that can serve as home tie. Anything that will make you want to come home at the end of your study.

It could be your parent, siblings, a large sum of money in Nigeria, a business, your parents assets, or a job prospect in Nigeria.

The onus is on you to prove its a tie.

Best.
Thanks for your reply.
Please what can i use to prove my relationship with my uncle apart from him writing a letter of sponsorship, what other document can i use as proof that he is my maternal uncle because we dont bear same surname, would have been easier if paternal
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mrversatile: 7:04pm On Apr 07, 2018
Good day I applied to a university with an unofficial transcript which I scanned. I have requested for an official transcript from my school but I want to send it myself via fedex to avoid delay. How feasible will this be.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Austinpee4: 7:09pm On Apr 07, 2018
@MrniceG

A simple response to your question would be an advise to forget that advanced diploma. It is lower than a degree and you already have one. It is also not going to scale through as an entry qualification for your current occupation as you already have experience in it. Your best bet is a PGD/C with a strong conviction as to why you have chosen it.

Advanced diploma mainly is designed for folks who just completed high school and about to lunch a career path before pursuing a degree and with very little experience or non atal.

Don't dash Accra visa office your application fees. Your application will be REFUSED. If you say you cannot find a PGC/D in Canada for this program, a good question would be, why not somewhere else where you can get a PGC/D or a master degree program in biomedical engineering. Why must it be Canada for a degree lower than one you already have? How competitive would an advanced diploma be for you in Nigeria(having claimed you would return) where many job aspirants and applicants have either a master degree or a degree in your field?. How would you progress in your field after this program with a lower degree amongst others with higher degrees and experiences?

These are some of the reasonable questions that would matter. It will be very evident that you would not leave Canada at the end of your study. Your purpose of visit is likely to be ticked. You must think in a VO's direction.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by omisyk(m): 7:27pm On Apr 07, 2018
After submitting through online route i got this in my page few hours later about biometric. Does is mean i have been asked to come for biometric.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by WEIRDPC(m): 7:33pm On Apr 07, 2018
Jewel80:

Thanks for your reply.
Please what can i use to prove my relationship with my uncle apart from him writing a letter of sponsorship, what other document can i use as proof that he is my maternal uncle because we dont bear same surname, would have been easier if paternal

His birth certificate, Your mums birth certificate and her marriage certificate should work.

If your uncle gives you money regularly through bank transfer, you can also point the visa officers to it in the statement
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Josh1996: 7:48pm On Apr 07, 2018
GOOD evening Bosses, I need your explanation concerning the fees of University of Ottawa

Please check the link for the fees
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Josh1996: 7:56pm On Apr 07, 2018
https://www.uottawa.ca/university-fees/tuition-fees

Josh1996:
GOOD evening Bosses, I need your explanation concerning the fees of University of Ottawa

Please check the link for the fees
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Phocusjosh(m): 7:56pm On Apr 07, 2018
Yes, ensure you print out the document from your cic portal, make 2 photocopies of your passport data page, carry along #450naira and go early to VFS for your biometric. Regards
omisyk:
After submitting through online route i got this in my page few hours later about biometric. Does is mean i have been asked to come for biometric.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by vtoluwalope: 7:59pm On Apr 07, 2018
likeababygirl:
Congratulations, welcome to Halifax smiley

thank you. Please can i send you a PM........
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by vtoluwalope: 8:01pm On Apr 07, 2018
opylas:

Congratulations, Tolu.
Did the admission come with funding?

Edit: I just got the answer from your post. Congrats, again.

thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by vtoluwalope: 8:04pm On Apr 07, 2018
Prudento:

Congrats!!!
Please which document is IMM 5645E?

thanks. IMM 5645 is family information
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by vtoluwalope: 8:12pm On Apr 07, 2018
swisster:
good evening guys.
i just got a mail today of my refusal. cry cry cry

though am yet to know the reason of it, because d reason was not stated on their website. i applied march 13th and am supposed to resume by fall.

hav started working on ordering my gcm note,sum1 ova der is helping me wit dat.

it is really painful i mst say, but am nt giving up.

sorry about that dear....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by MrniceG: 8:17pm On Apr 07, 2018
Austinpee4:
@MrniceG

A simple response to your question would be an advise to forget that advanced diploma. It is lower than a degree and you already have one. It is also not going to scale through as an entry qualification for your current occupation as you already have experience in it. Your best bet is a PGD/C with a strong conviction as to why you have chosen it.

Advanced diploma mainly is designed for folks who just completed high school and about to lunch a career path before pursuing a degree and with very little experience or non atal.

Don't dash Accra visa office your application fees. Your application will be REFUSED. If you say you cannot find a PGC/D in Canada for this program, a good question would be, why not somewhere else where you can get a PGC/D or a master degree program in biomedical engineering. Why must it be Canada for a degree lower than one you already have? How competitive would an advanced diploma be for you in Nigeria(having claimed you would return) where many job aspirants and applicants have either a master degree or a degree in your field?. How would you progress in your field after this program with a lower degree amongst others with higher degrees and experiences?

These are some of the reasonable questions that would matter. It will be very evident that you would not leave Canada at the end of your study. Your purpose of visit is likely to be ticked. You must think in a VO's direction.

Regards.

Thanks For your kind advice and guidance, i will certainly go deep into my search 4 a PGD/C in canada. God bless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by vtoluwalope: 8:22pm On Apr 07, 2018
AKFTK:

Congratulations fellow Akokaite...

thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by vtoluwalope: 8:23pm On Apr 07, 2018
[quote author=MrniceG post=66476853][/quote]

thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by vtoluwalope: 8:24pm On Apr 07, 2018
sogima:

Plenty congratulations

thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by vtoluwalope: 8:25pm On Apr 07, 2018
JoseJonn:

Wooowwww congrats my Co Akokite! We even graduated the same year and share d same travel history....happy for u...I tap into your testimony...God's speeeeeed!

thanks... I wish you success with your application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by vtoluwalope: 8:26pm On Apr 07, 2018
[quote author=Biakwa post=66501011][/quote]

thanks, i wasnt denied before. this is my first application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 8:27pm On Apr 07, 2018
Hello bro..

I have a landed property that belonged to my grandfather but has been my dad's own since my grandpa is late...this land has no C of O and I'm considering submitting it as hometie...what other documents aside from the survey plan can I get to show proof of ownership...

Thanks..

jnyuwa02:

Only a matter of time Sir, the waiting would be very much worth it I am confident!! It is not do or die, it would be rewarding either way, the learning process that trickles and effect other areas of life. God is faithful and we serve him not because of what we can get from him. We serve him because he is God. Both are an apt analogy.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 8:51pm On Apr 07, 2018
I got this from quantity surveyor that want to do evaluation of my father's house to be transferred to me, daddy is dead without a will, but mummy is alive.

From surveyor
I want to advice you dont waste your time on this. The value is so little, By the time you check the depreciation value, You discover that nothing will be left.

My question,
Is it a must a lawyer must draft deed of gift for me before taking letter of administration?

Should I go ahead to do letter of administration? Does letter of administration overrule deed of gift drafting?

I have a virgin plot of land, can it be evaluated of will the Survey plan be okay Canadian visa home tie

Because at high court they only request, 2 passport of next of kin, 3k for court payment, 10k for news paper publications for processing letter of administration
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by brainiac007: 8:51pm On Apr 07, 2018
brainiac007:
Hello everyone.

I'm new to this thread and am so glad I stumbled on it.

I'm thinking of applying for a master's degree program in Computer science or Information Technology or Management information systems.

My CGPA is 4.06.

I've been working for 8years but with no work experience in the program I'll be applying for.

I would like to know a few things.

What affordable schools do you recommend I apply to that offer these courses?

Can my kids accompany me while I study?

Thanks.

Still awaiting your response. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by omisyk(m): 8:58pm On Apr 07, 2018
After submitting through online route how long does it take to get invitation for biometric.
I got this in my page after submitting. What does it mean

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.