Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,100 members, 7,818,287 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (786344 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 8:51am On Apr 16, 2018
pretygurll:
Please I need advice, I have an Msc in Telecommunications Engineering but got admitted to Uni Vic to study Telecommunications and Information Security. I picked another masters becos I couldn't get PHD.

Do you think the VO will buy this? Meanwhile my first masters was in London so I can't hide it.

Speak to me please.

You cant hide your Master's. Your SOP can rescue you depending on how your tell your story. Dissect the 2 courses (telecoms eng & telecom info sec) and fish out the differences. Highlight these differences and tell the VO that is why you are going for the course. Link it to what you can achieve with it when you return to Nigeria.

Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by pretygurll: 8:58am On Apr 16, 2018
Thanks Boss. I really need this degree. Just hoping they will understand.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 10:00am On Apr 16, 2018
pretygurll:
Thanks Boss. I really need this degree. Just hoping they will understand.

Write your SOP and I will help you to review.
Dont be scared. Be positive.

Best of luck.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 10:03am On Apr 16, 2018
Abu46:
My bro,given the time frame,wouldn't you advice i run the medical examination upfront?....
Yes you can run your medical before you apply, then submit the medical form with your application. Its a good idea.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by JoseJonn(f): 10:14am On Apr 16, 2018
Hi guys as pls it's urgent on d study permit questionnaire please what does it mean by academic prerequisites?
Plssssssss...it's urgent
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ayeopare(m): 10:18am On Apr 16, 2018
@kingfintan University in Canada takes 2.2 don't let anyone confuse you. My friend is doing her masters in University of Ontario with 2.2 so brace up and submit your application. Just that you may not be able to get a research funded Master, and most likely probably a Meng or Masc instead of MSC.

Frankrobbn1:

Going for a second degree on your discipline in Canada shows no logical progression. If you think an SOP can conquer this, then go ahead and present a rational explanation to why you opted out for a second degree instead of a PGD.
But to be frank with you, most of this visa officers don't believe what is on your SOP when it comes to a case like yours, most especially when they have gone through your file entirety and find out that you already acquired a first degree. Whatsoever reason you present on your SOP will be unreasonable to them and will immediately conclude that you're not a bona-fide applicant that will leave Canada, even people with strong academic progression are still battling to be approved of their visas, talk more of a person that already has a degree and going for a second degree in Canada. What will be the person fate?

My advice!!!.....Don't put your application at risk. Google more, you might find a course that is directly related to your previous studies for a PGD.

All the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Eziolu: 10:40am On Apr 16, 2018
Good morning everyone,

Please can someone help me with the info on how long it takes for the visa office to call an applicant for his/ her biometrics. Am currently on my way to Lagos for my upfront medicals before officially submitting my application. I just want to know how long i need to wait in Lagos for my appointment.

Also please is submitting the police character certificate compulsory?, if yes can someone help me with the place where I can get it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by philoxy4: 10:53am On Apr 16, 2018
Hello everyone,I applied for study permit since 20th Nov.'17 did medicals 21st Dec.'17.However,i haven't gotten a response from CIC since then,i sent a case specific enquiry around February'18,still no response.I am thinking of writing CIC via mail.Because i missed 1st resumption date in January,2nd rsumption date is due by 8th May,do you suggest i should write them or just keep waiting.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Bellapette1: 11:02am On Apr 16, 2018
philoxy4:
Hello everyone,I applied for study permit since 20th Nov.'17 did medicals 21st Dec.'17.However,i haven't gotten a response from CIC since then,i sent a case specific enquiry around February'18,still no response.I am thinking of writing CIC via mail.Because i missed 1st resumption date in January,2nd rsumption date is due by 8th May,do you suggest i should write them or just keep waiting.

Same here. I submitted online on the 23rd of December with upfront medicals. I have written to cic many times and my resumption date is May 8th too. Still no response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Gascoigne: 12:16pm On Apr 16, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Not necessary except the school instructs you to do so. Even if the school doesn’t instruct you, if you have the money, I recommend you do it. The service pretty much will help you convert your gpa into Canadian style system and offer authentication of your transcript. These can prevent a lot of hassles for the school and VOs. It won’t leave them wondering whether the transcripts you submitted is real or what scale your grades on the Canadian system lie or can be compared to. It helps cut their work short in essence. You can also use the WES for EXpress Entry later, which is an added benefit.

@jnyuwa. In a situation where you can't get transcript from your school to attach it with your visa application, but you've had your transcript evaluated by WES. Will it be safe to state it in your SOP, by adding WES number and, hoping that the VO will contact WES, during their regular checks and, information regarding your WES evaluated transcript will be shared by both parties?

* I am asking this because getting WES to send the transcript to Ghana or wherever the visa is being processed would be cumbersome and may cause financial strain. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Abu46: 1:00pm On Apr 16, 2018
Bro, we go board Air Canada together oohh,,,,Got admission to Dalhousie to,,will submit my paper route application 1st May by God's grace,,,,,whats up ur living expenses,,,,,did u have to open a dorm account or Dalhousie provided a student account for payment?...how did u go about urs(advice me biko),,,was ur tuition paid in full,were u obliged to pay ur living expenses into any student account?,,,
Thank you.
vtoluwalope:

Application approved!!!

Paper route
Applied Feb 20, 2018
Medical mail March 21, 2018
Application approved April 3, 2018

My profile;
BSc Industrial Chemistry
University of Lagos

Applied for MSc. Chemical Engineering
Dalhousie University

Documents submitted;
- IMM 5483E
- IMM 1294E
- IMM 5645E
- Study permit Questionnaire

- Letter of Explanation/SOP
- Offer of Admission from Dalhousie University
- Bank confirmation of fees paid

- International Passport Data page
- 2 passport photographs
- Certificate of Birth
- Police character Certificate
- Certificate of Origin
- Affidavit of change of name
- I.T. employment Letter
- I.T. To Whom It May Concern certificate
- Previous passport showing travel history to dubai

- My 5 months Bank statement (September 2017- January 2018)
- WAEC Certificate
- University Certificate, graduated January 2016
- NYSC Discharge Certificate (April 2016- April 2017)

- Appointment Letter as a chemistry teacher, started in August 2017
- Confirmation of Employment
- Letter of Explanation or Introduction from employer
- Letter of Approval for Foreign study/Study Leave

SPONSOR’S DOCUMENTS
- Letter of Sponsorship from our family friend
- Sponsorship Declaration/ Sworn Affidavit
- Letter of Introduction from work/ ID Card
- Bank Statement for last 6 months
- Int. Passport Data Page

CO-SPONSOR’S DOCUMENTS
- Letter of Co-Sponsorship from my mother
- Bank Statement for 6 months
- Pension account balance
- Mother’s Int. Passport Data Page
- C of O of parents Landed Properties
- Birth certificate of my mum, dad and brother
- Parents’ marriage certificate
- Letter of Introduction from work/ ID Card

And plenty prayer and fasting grin grin grin. I wish everyone success with their application....

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by AyoPrudence(m): 1:05pm On Apr 16, 2018
Hardinno:

I also applied to Centennial College for Fall but yet to get an offer. I would like to know how much deposit i'm expected to pay?
Deposit payment made as an international student to confirm your seat to the program you selected should be indicated on the college's website if you take your time to read through. Also, make sure you've been offered admission before doing so.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by HerMoney: 1:28pm On Apr 16, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Siblings are not strong ties. I guess that is why the new form IMM5707E introduced did away with them. Siblings by law are not considered one’s immediate family relatives. Wife and children are immediate relatives and usually what convinces the VO. Parents too too are considered immediate relatives and to an extent, especially if they have properties that you intend to inherit, would help you as ties. If you don’t have any of these, concentrate on showing any social or professional or economic ties that would bring you back to Nigeria. For example, professional ties would be your Work. Economic ties would be landed property or business interest. Social ties would be anything you are doing or been a very promising person and the evidence shows that you would come back to Nigeria and make a difference in the lives of others. Its often not so easy to pinpoint, so I advice you concentrate on your strengths and explain what you think can induce your return to Nigeria and pray the VOs buy it!!

Okay. Thanks a lot Jnyuwa02. I appreciate it.

Still scratching my head thinking of what to do. Dad has landed property in Abj but in his company name. It's R of O.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 1:45pm On Apr 16, 2018
Ratawu:

It is better you declare it because these embassy guys are not predictable. If you tick "NO" and your medical report shows that you have the history of TB, then you risk being alleged of MISREPRESENTATION.

Our people should learn from what happened to some applicants last year when they ticked "NO" to question in the form if they have been refused any visa before and unknowingly to them, the background check conducted by the IRCC with the U.S. Data base revealed that they have been refused USA visa on the past and misrepresentation with 5 years ban was their verdict.
THIS KIND OF BAN IS AVOIDABLE.

I talked to a TB medical practitioner this weekend. For the record, he said there is no way to tell if you have a history of TB, only by personal confession. The results can only tell if you are negative or positive at the present. But in the interest of truth, it is better to confess. Having a past history of TB would not effect your visa if result shows you have now been cured. The law states only that medical reasons be a disqualifying factor if the VO can show that one’s medical situation will place an unnecessary strain on the Canadian health care system. As it stands currently, a cured TB does fall under that category I am pretty sure.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 1:49pm On Apr 16, 2018
kingfintan:

Thanks guys for the contribution and the prophecy, I shall break record in this and come back to share my testimony..as I have already began the journey and can’t go back..God will do it..

If you are risk taker and feel you have what it takes to convince a VO of the genuiness of your second degree quest, follow your gumption is my advise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Bellapette1: 3:06pm On Apr 16, 2018
@jnyuwa02 Any update on your application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by lummy11: 3:20pm On Apr 16, 2018
Good afternoon
I submitted my application 13th of April and I cant link my paper application online
its saying no matching records found
any help will do
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 4:05pm On Apr 16, 2018
Bellapette1:
@jnyuwa02 Any update on your application?

None, but I keep hope alive that someday I shall testify of the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Famzyactivity: 4:09pm On Apr 16, 2018
jnyuwa02:

None, but I keep hope alive that someday I shall testify of the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living!

when did you apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Phocusjosh(m): 4:09pm On Apr 16, 2018
Wow!!! i thought they don't take time after medical request, I can remember you got medical request in February. All the best sage
jnyuwa02:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by QUEENBIZ: 4:15pm On Apr 16, 2018
QUEENBIZ:
Good morning my people,
Please I need anyone that’s paid tuition via western union business solution,my bank is charging me 360/USD as official rate,is that ok before I proceed. Your response is needed as soon as possible my great people.
I still a response from the house on my question please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 4:16pm On Apr 16, 2018
Gascoigne:

@jnyuwa. In a situation where you can't get transcript from your school to attach it with your visa application, but you've had your transcript evaluated by WES. Will it be safe to state it in your SOP, by adding WES number and, hoping that the VO will contact WES, during their regular checks and, information regarding your WES evaluated transcript will be shared by both parties?

* I am asking this because getting WES to send the transcript to Ghana or wherever the visa is being processed would be cumbersome and may cause financial strain. Thanks in anticipation.

Yes absolutely a WES evealuated transcript would suffice in a case where you cannot get official transcripts from your school. Attach the hard copy of what was evaluated with your application, not only quoting the number. The fact that WES always goes the length of verifying directly from your school the authenticity of your transcript before evaluation is done, gives that report serious authenticity before a VO. No VOs would not contact WES to get your transcript. You have to absorb the financial responsilities of getting one from them directly and submitting to the VO. The VOs don’t have time to be contacting everyone except they have serious doubt on any part they choose of your application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 4:20pm On Apr 16, 2018
Phocusjosh:
Wow!!! i thought they don't take time after medical request, I can remember you got medical request in February. All the best sage

Yeah sometimes they do. It’s out of my power at this point and my best guess is they are waiting for U.S. authorities to respond to send them my immigration file or history which is voluminous, since I lived there some two decades. It shall end in praise!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 4:21pm On Apr 16, 2018
Famzyactivity:

when did you apply?

September 2017.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by JJJV: 4:38pm On Apr 16, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Yeah sometimes they do. It’s out of my power at this point and my best guess is they are waiting for U.S. authorities to respond to send them my immigration file or history which is voluminous, since I lived there some two decades. It shall end in praise!

Huh do they confirm these things, will they contact every country house have visited? Hmm at least you have gone pass medicals still remain positive .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Famzyactivity: 4:48pm On Apr 16, 2018
jnyuwa02:

September 2017.
na wa! why the delay?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 4:57pm On Apr 16, 2018
Famzyactivity:

na wa! why the delay?

Wish I knew!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by abdullahi45: 5:00pm On Apr 16, 2018
Hello Gurus,

Please which university in Canada waive application fee for students?

And do I need TOEFL to apply for Master?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Bellapette1: 5:06pm On Apr 16, 2018
@jnyuwa02 Amen oh! I don't even have a history abroad apart from 2 visitor's visas. I don't understand the delay at all. May is coming and I'm so worried
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by HerMoney: 5:10pm On Apr 16, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Wish I knew!!

Wow. Din't know you are also an applicant. Yet with a wealth of information. I wish you speedy success in your endeavors. I pray that your miracle will be released soon. Amen.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Soothing: 5:35pm On Apr 16, 2018
Hello house, Please I need your advice.
My resumption date is 7th May and am yet to get any update on my application. When do you think is the best time to approach the institution for extension.
What if by May, when the admission offer will be expiring, CIC is yet to touch d application, does the expiration of the admission offer affects their decision on approval??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by eerdesh: 7:09pm On Apr 16, 2018
Hi guys..with the stress i went through today at the submission center, i hope I'll get to avoid that for someone. Coz i ended up crying due to frustration.. Pls and pls, the section where you are to provide info about what you have being doing for the past 10 years. Is no joke. Since we are in 2018, your explanation must srt from 2008 and MUST end in 2018. I repeat MUST end in 2018. 2018 should begin that section. Even if you are still into dat activity or occupation, 2018 must begin that section. If you have more info to input. After validating and saving the form. Click on clear form and input more of your info and print out the page 4 alone which would be submitted along. Also, if you have traveled out befpre, make copies of your visa pages.. My body is still aching badly. But. Alhamdulilah i got to submit.. Goodluck

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.