Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. (49772 Views)

Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) / List Of Top Ten Richest Men In Nigeria 2021 / 18 African Countries Grew GDP Above 5% In 2017—afdb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. by Solidkay(m): 8:06am On Mar 10, 2018
Technically, Nigeria is supposed to be on that list,
Economically, there's no place for NAIJA there, all thanks to our #politifans
Re: The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. by omoiyamayor(m): 8:06am On Mar 10, 2018
okosodo:
Hausa people can never allow us achieve any of this feat
over population not hausa
Re: The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. by DIYhackers: 8:07am On Mar 10, 2018
Everything starts and ends with a visionary leader
Re: The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. by Gkemz: 8:08am On Mar 10, 2018
I can't see my country on the list. Why must Nigeria be rated high on the bad side.
Re: The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. by marvin906(m): 8:09am On Mar 10, 2018
why is Kuwait not no 1 undecided undecided
Re: The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. by allanphash7(m): 8:10am On Mar 10, 2018
My dear sister. I dont know as well. Because I've spent over 35 years in Nigeria and i met it in trouble.even my father who died at the age of 85 met it in trouble and left the world 7years ago

So i dont know either
Olii:
when is it ever going to get out of that trouble
Re: The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. by okosodo: 8:11am On Mar 10, 2018
orion7:
lol so true

re you related to dr okosodo in econs dpt aau ?
I am not related to him, but i know him
Re: The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. by MistadeRegal(m): 8:13am On Mar 10, 2018
okosodo:
Hausa people can never allow us achieve any of this feat

LMAO!
LMAO!!
LMAO!!!

GUY YOU WICKED O!!!
Re: The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. by Nigeriadondie1: 8:15am On Mar 10, 2018
Pussyisfood:
8. Norway — GDP per capita: $69,296 (£56,510)
The Scandinavian nation with over 5 million residents sits just outside of the top five richest countries in the world per capita. According to the IMF, the country was negatively affected by the the lower oil price over the last couple of years. Norway also saw its growth fall to its lowest since 2008 and 2009’s economic downturn, although the country was also able to lower its unemployment rate after its peak last summer.

source: http://uk.businessinsider.com/the-richest-countries-in-the-world-2017-3?IR=T/#9-united-arab-emirates-gdp-per-capita-67696-55206-22
Norway has the world’s largest sovereign wealth fund. They enjoy the world’s highest standard.
Re: The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. by digitsolution: 8:15am On Mar 10, 2018
Singapore really beautiful place to visit.

Re: The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. by CSTR2: 8:16am On Mar 10, 2018
Apart from Singapore,luxemborg and Norway, I don't respect the rest of them.
Re: The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:17am On Mar 10, 2018
allanphash7:
Where is Nigeria
This is what we call visionary leadership. But what obtains in Nig is the opposite I.e oppressive visionless leadership

According to Oga Fash it ain't rocket science.

1 Like

Re: The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. by Olii(f): 8:18am On Mar 10, 2018
allanphash7:
My dear sister. I dont know as well. Because I've spent over 35 years in Nigeria and i met it in trouble.even my father who died at the age of 85 met it in trouble and left the world 7years ago

So i dont know either
lol so will our kids

1 Like

Re: The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. by Troublemaker007(m): 8:18am On Mar 10, 2018
abangaLEE:
I tell u, that Macao is not as rich as Dangote let alone Nigeria abegi tell me another thing joor

You think having so much wealth and not being able to put house in order makes you a rich man abi? Kwantinu

Re: The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. by Elvis2kay: 8:19am On Mar 10, 2018
Olii:
Where is my Nigeria pls?
Stroll down to the poorest countries in the word.
Nigeria top list.

1 Like

Re: The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. by drakeli: 8:20am On Mar 10, 2018
Non of these countries is as rich as the UK , USA and China in terms of their economic turnover and national reserves. They are simply the countries with the highest GDP per capita. These simply translates that they have very small population compared to their resources. Which means in a lay man language, their population is so small enough for every citizen to have a big share of the country’s wealth more than citizens of other countries . This does not make the total of their wealth up to that of these other countries mentioned above.

2 Likes

Re: The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. by Gerrard59(m): 8:21am On Mar 10, 2018
ajadematanle:
In all I don't believe Ireland story.About 2 years back they borrowed money from EU to survive. How come the per capital income around $60k when they haven't finished paying.

That's different from the article's methodology. GDP per capita has nothing to do with borrowing of money. As long as the GDP remains constant ditto population, a country's debt rating doesn't make them poor.
Re: The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. by Youngzedd(m): 8:22am On Mar 10, 2018
Na to pack my loads and enter any of this countries if Buhari wins next year election.

Life is too short to be toyed around and to substitute the life for cow.
Re: The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. by allanphash7(m): 8:22am On Mar 10, 2018
Yes. Darling
Olii:
lol so will our kids
Re: The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. by Olii(f): 8:24am On Mar 10, 2018
Elvis2kay:

Stroll down to the poorest countries in the word.
Nigeria top list.
lol
Re: The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. by Emycord: 8:25am On Mar 10, 2018
HOW WILL APC REACT TO THIS THEY WILL SOON SAY THE RESEARCH WAS NOT WELL DONE. BUT A CLOSER RESEARCH WILL SHOW NIGERIA IS NOT AMONG THE FIRST 10 EVEN IN AFRICA. COMPARE OUR OVER HYPED POPULATION WITH MOST OF THESE COUNTRIES
Re: The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. by Henryjr(m): 8:27am On Mar 10, 2018
jerflakes:

Says who?
We said so, that is per capita GDP and not gross gdp. The likes of USA, China et al has a bigger n powerful economy than those shits mentioned. They can be rated higher if u talk abt welfare but can't be compared to d power houses. Some of them has lesser GDP compared to our own Nigeria. #Economics
Re: The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. by dam1l0la: 8:29am On Mar 10, 2018
Pussyisfood:
10. San Marino — GDP per capita: $64,443 (£52,553)
The country of nearly 9 million is in recovery mode as rising employment rates and domestic and external demand helped lead to a growth in San Marino’s GDP after a recession, the IMF reports.

source: http://uk.businessinsider.com/the-richest-countries-in-the-world-2017-3?IR=T/#11-switzerland-gdp-per-capita-59375-48420-20

All those countries are lowly populated, that's what makes their money enough when distributed with the population. Nigeria is richer, bjh with high population. I'm saying this in respect of those 10 countries ni o, not comparing with highly populated and yet developed countries like China and US
Re: The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. by nograv: 8:31am On Mar 10, 2018
But for poor leaders like Buhari, we could have been on that list.. mtcheww...

Even as his ship goes down in 2019, the Daura vegetable will shout "BUT I AM NOT CORRUPT!" slowpoke cheesy
Re: The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. by mvem(m): 8:35am On Mar 10, 2018
Henryjr:
We said so, that is per capita GDP and not gross gdp. The likes of USA, China et al has a bigger n powerful economy than those shits mentioned. They can be rated higher if u talk abt welfare but can't be compared to d power houses. Some of them has lesser GDP compared to our own Nigeria. #Economics
....i think they use gdp to measure wealth of nations...why call them shits...why the hate
Re: The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. by mvem(m): 8:36am On Mar 10, 2018
dam1l0la:

All those countries are lowly populated, that's what makes their money enough when distributed with the population. Nigeria is richer, bjh with high population. I'm saying this in respect of those 10 countries ni o, not comparing with highly populated and yet developed countries like China and US
...is china said to be developed yet?
Re: The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. by nograv: 8:37am On Mar 10, 2018
Pat081:
Pls how can I get to dat number 5 country? Help ur brother

Stay and fix our country.

A good start is picking a better leader, not atiku and the Daura vegetable isnt an option...

Someone like Donald Duke or even Omoyele Sowore..
Re: The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. by mvem(m): 8:38am On Mar 10, 2018
Odingo1:
Their population is very small, most of them have a population of less than 10 million people, the real rich countries are USA, UK, China, Germany, France, Brasil
...they use gdp per capita to measure wealth of a nation

1 Like

Re: The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. by mvem(m): 8:40am On Mar 10, 2018
Helpfromabove1:
oil nations with very low population, 400,000 population shocked shocked grin grin, alimosho L.G.A is even more populated than some of the countries, so remove oil or increase the population to like 10M AND THE STORY WILL CHANGE
...productivity might increase accordingly to negate the increase in population as far as land dey
Re: The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. by jerflakes(m): 8:46am On Mar 10, 2018
Henryjr:

I never asked about Nigeria

We're talking about counties

2 Likes

Re: The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. by KIDfurniture(m): 8:47am On Mar 10, 2018
[quote author=Tekecoms1 post=65711568]I thought my darling, lovely USA won't be on the list. Aya mi ti ja..... [/quote

Where you see USA - USA BAWOOOOO

THEY ARE POOR IN THAT COUNTRY
Re: The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. by Bjgirl1: 8:49am On Mar 10, 2018
Where is USA abeg?
Tekecoms1:
I thought my darling, lovely USA won't be on the list. Aya mi ti ja.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Setting Up a Cyber-cafe: What Does It Take? / My Recently Opened Carwash Business. / Today's Naira Exchange Rate Against The Dollar, Pounds And Euros

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.