Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,703 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. (49770 Views)

Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) / List Of Top Ten Richest Men In Nigeria 2021 / 18 African Countries Grew GDP Above 5% In 2017—afdb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. by Eagba(m): 10:52am On Mar 10, 2018
zeenaman:
The high GDP per capital can be attributed to their relatively low population
and proper management

1 Like

Re: The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. by frankmoney(m): 11:04am On Mar 10, 2018
Barcanister:
This ojoro now,, we ve more churches and Mosques than dis people.. Why IMF??

These countries don't tithe or pay offering.. They Were caused countries but why IMF??

We leave our businesses to go to church everyday, we fast 50days, we go to mountains, we shout and pray like jobless people so dat we can be d richest country in d world.. But why IMF?

We so much believe in miracle and prosperity rather than working.. Why IMF?

OK but our pastors and politicians are so rich that 80% of the population were so poor I mean very poor.. we shd make d list.. Why IMF..

hold your government accountable , in those countries it was not the church that built all those stuff for them it was their govt
Re: The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. by momodub: 11:14am On Mar 10, 2018
No 7 correct lads lets meet in temple bar not far from my house
Re: The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. by Sunsets: 11:21am On Mar 10, 2018
My dear it is by GDP
abangaLEE:
I tell u, that Macao is not as rich as Dangote let alone Nigeria abegi tell me another thing joor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. by Henryjr(m): 12:15pm On Mar 10, 2018
mvem:
....i think they use gdp to measure wealth of nations...why call them shits...why the hate
per capita gdp is measured by dividing gross domestic product(gdp) by the population of the nation. For instance, if quatar's gdp is $200 n their population is 200 people, the per capital income of Quatar will be 1$. That's doesn't mean its gdp is bigger than USA, because USA has a bigger GDP and a lesser per capita income due to higher population. Besides, development is not measured based on per capital income...........

1 Like

Re: The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. by Henryjr(m): 12:20pm On Mar 10, 2018
omololu2020:
you are so stupid for calling those countries shity countries.

dispute me with facts and don't insult me. I made my point clear, if u are not ok with it, u can counter it with reasonable points instead of resorting to insults. It only means u are ignorant and has no awareness of ur ignorance, hence the irrational statements.
Re: The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. by mvem(m): 12:23pm On Mar 10, 2018
Henryjr:
per capita gdp is measured by dividing gross domestic product(gdp) by the population of the nation. For instance, if quatar's gdp is $200 n their population is 200 people, the per capital income of Quatar will be 1$. That's doesn't mean its gdp is bigger than USA, because USA has a bigger GDP and a lesser per capita income due to higher population. Besides, development is not measured based on per capital income...........
...they say wealth not development
Re: The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. by Henryjr(m): 12:28pm On Mar 10, 2018
mvem:
...they say wealth not develooment
wealth, u are right because wealth is mostly measued by economic growth(per capital income of the nation)
Re: The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. by omololu2020(m): 12:28pm On Mar 10, 2018
Henryjr:
dispute me with facts and don't insult me. I made my point clear, if u are not ok with it, u can counter it with reasonable points instead of resorting to insults. It only means u are ignorant and has no awareness of ur ignorance, hence the irrational statements.
I've been to all the countries on that list except for Macau and the Europeans country,so I will say it again that you are an idiot for referring to them as shitty countries
Re: The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. by Kjking(m): 12:44pm On Mar 10, 2018
Abokis why why have you people chose to frustrate us like this
Re: The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. by Henryjr(m): 12:47pm On Mar 10, 2018
omololu2020:
I've been to all the countries on that list except for Macau and the Europeans country,so I will say it again that you are an idiot for referring to them as shitty countries
you still haven't said anything reasonable brother, if don't understand my msg go back n digest it. Goodbye
Re: The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. by omololu2020(m): 12:51pm On Mar 10, 2018
Henryjr:
you still haven't said anything reasonable brother, if don't understand my msg go back n digest it. Goodbye
you are the one that does not understand the op,read the tittle of the thread,make sure you read and understand this time around and stop been an idiot
Re: The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. by NairaMaster1(m): 12:55pm On Mar 10, 2018
okosodo:
Hausa people can never allow us achieve any of this feat

Never.

1 Like

Re: The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. by Henryjr(m): 1:06pm On Mar 10, 2018
omololu2020:
you are the one that does not understand the op,read the tittle of the thread,make sure you read and understand this time around and stop been an idiot
The may be the richest based on per capita income(pci) n not gross domestic product(gdp). The latter is measured by dividing the GDP by the countries population, while the former is measured by the countries total production(economic growth). Quata's Gdp can just b $20 n US's GDP can be $20000, yet Quata can have a better PCI due to low population which doesn't in any way make quata richer than USA. Hope u get it this time around..............#Ignorant you, go and learn some more bro
Re: The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. by rafcrown(m): 1:06pm On Mar 10, 2018
THE POPULATION OF LUXEMBOURGH IS ABOUT 1 MILLION
NORWAY ABOUT 4MILLION
QATAR 2.5 MILLION
SINGAPORE 5.2 MILLION
MACAO LESS THAN 1 MILLION
BRUNEI 2018 435 000
KUWAIT ABOUT 4 MILLION
IRELAND LESS THAN 5MILLION
UAE 9.7 MILLION
SAN MARINO 2018 33 508
Re: The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. by mranarchy: 1:21pm On Mar 10, 2018
no country listed above has population of over 20million
Re: The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:24pm On Mar 10, 2018
Ireland are the big surprise on the list. Didn't know they were that wealthy.

They should create a list for most churches. I'm sure Nigeria would win hands down. grin

1 Like

Re: The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. by Slimfeez(m): 2:03pm On Mar 10, 2018
calddon:
Please Nigeria should be there, our animals are even the richest.

Snakes share is 72million
Monkey 135m
...... This is not a time to joke man... We have been stab at the back, I must be sincere here, we re in a country where the future can not be predict, where are the so called Dubai, Kuwait, and the likes in the 90s? Most of those small countries are now part of the top 10 richest country in the world and we are not ashamed calling ourselves giant of Africa. The only thing we are giant of is CORRUPTION
Re: The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. by saxxyb: 2:06pm On Mar 10, 2018
Nigeria will take time to get there
Re: The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. by Thane(m): 2:10pm On Mar 10, 2018
OP ,San Marino is just over 30k people and not over 9 million. Read through before you copy and paste.
Re: The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. by Tinyemeka(m): 2:19pm On Mar 10, 2018
internationalman:
And yet these countries are still substandard to the US, UK China and the likes.
Substandard how? Kindly explain.
Re: The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. by GhanaMustGoo: 2:20pm On Mar 10, 2018
drakeli:
Non of these countries is as rich as the UK , USA and China in terms of their economic turnover and national reserves. They are simply the countries with the highest GDP per capita. These simply translates that they have very small population compared to their resources. Which means in a lay man language, their population is so small enough for every citizen to have a big share of the country’s wealth more than citizens of other countries . This does not make the total of their wealth up to that of these other countries mentioned above.
USA is richest for the mere fact they can print paper (dollar) enough to buy the entire world if they wanted.
US CAN PRINT UNLIMITED AMOUNT OF DOLLARS
Re: The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. by lordraiden(m): 3:48pm On Mar 10, 2018
UncleJudax:

Nigerians are "rich". Nigeria is poor! grin
wen 10 ppl are rich out of 1000 that's not been rich
Re: The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. by calddon(m): 4:04pm On Mar 10, 2018
Slimfeez:
...... This is not a time to joke man... We have been stab at the back, I must be sincere here, we re in a country where the future can not be predict, where are the so called Dubai, Kuwait, and the likes in the 90s? Most of those small countries are now part of the top 10 richest country in the world and we are not ashamed calling ourselves giant of Africa. The only thing we are giant of is CORRUPTION
If u dont want a joke n u dont want a country dat u can not be predict....start a revolution ....as for me i already know humans can not effectively rule humans.....waiting for something beta
Re: The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. by seguntijan(m): 7:49pm On Mar 10, 2018
And 4 of those countries are ISLAMIC COUNTRIES OPERATING SOLELY WITH SHARIA.
Re: The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. by GMbuharii: 7:56pm On Mar 10, 2018
okosodo:

very correct. They lack the capacity and initiative and creativity to have such infrastructures even in their own domain even if you give them all the money in the world. Sad thing is,coneheads keep putting them in power.

1 Like

Re: The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. by UncleJudax(m): 8:12pm On Mar 10, 2018
lordraiden:
wen 10 ppl are rich out of 1000 that's not been rich
Hence the "rich"...
Re: The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. by DSDLIVEREPORT: 10:34pm On Mar 10, 2018
okosodo:

Fulanis mainly; the hausas are also suffering from the fulanis
Re: The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. by LeSudAfricaine: 5:39am On Mar 12, 2018
internationalman:
And yet these countries are still substandard to the US, UK China and the likes.
what do you mean by sub-standard? Norway has the best standard of living on the planet FYI

1 Like

Re: The Top Ten Richest Countries In The World By GDP. by happy200(m): 4:10pm On Mar 12, 2018
LeSudAfricaine:
what do you mean by sub-standard? Norway has the best standard of living on the planet FYI
Wena where have u been, i 've been looking for you and ur ''sharp mouth''.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Setting Up a Cyber-cafe: What Does It Take? / My Recently Opened Carwash Business. / Today's Naira Exchange Rate Against The Dollar, Pounds And Euros

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.