Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,567 members, 7,861,687 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:08 PM

Historic Fast Facts About Nigeria Academia: Igbo's Contribution - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Historic Fast Facts About Nigeria Academia: Igbo's Contribution (2833 Views)

14 Facts About Nigeria You Might Not Know / UNN: The Academia Is Proud Of Their Man In Govt House (photos) / 25 Interesting Facts About Nigeria And Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Historic Fast Facts About Nigeria Academia: Igbo's Contribution by gidgiddy: 12:13am On Mar 11, 2018
chuksjuve:
All these ethnic supremacy battle should stop already ..

You keep debating on unnecessary issues that further divided the masses, the elite keep reaping us off..

If I have my way all these nonsense would be stopped and banned on this forum ..

Yes I'm angry ..
Despite all our intellectual prowess and academic sophistication , buhari without certificate is our president and may continue to be till 2023..

Thanks

Wke up bro, we are not a united prople and Nigeria is not a nation. Divided people will always fight ethnic supremacist battles.

The fact that the Nigerian military keeps us all together does not mean we are meant be together

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Historic Fast Facts About Nigeria Academia: Igbo's Contribution by LZAA: 12:52am On Mar 11, 2018
Thanks18:
Copied#

SETTING THE RECORDS STRAIGHT:

Here are some facts about academia in Nigeria. Don't let anyone deceive you. These facts can be verified:

The first Black Vice Chancellor of the University of Ibadan was an Igbo man named Professor Kenneth Dike.

The first Vice Chancellor of the University of Lagos was an Igbo man named Professor Eni Njoku.

The first Nigerian Rector of the then Yaba College of Technology was also an Igbo man.

The first Nigerian Professor of Mathematics was an Igbo man named Professor Chike Obi – the man who solved Fermat’s Last Theorem.
Chike Obi was followed by another Igbo man named Professor James Ezeilo, Professor of Differential Calculus and the founder of the Ezeilo Constant.

The first Nigerian professor of History was an Igbo man, Professor Kenneth Dike who also became the first black vice chancellor of the University of Ibadan.

The first Nigerian Professor of Botany was an Igbo man named Professor Eni Njoku. He went on to become the very first vice chancellor of the university of LAGOS. He also became a vice chancellor of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka from 1966 to 1970. He fought the war on the Biafran side.

The first Nigerian Professor of Anatomy and
Physiology is Professor Chike Edozien an Igbo man who is also the current Obi of Asaba.

The first Nigerian Professor of Physics was Professor Okoye an Igbo man who became a Professor of Physics at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA in 1960.
Okoye was followed by the likes of Professor Alexander Anumalu who has been nominated for the Nobel Prize for Physics three times for his research in Intermediate Quantum Physics.

In Nuclear Physics and Chemistry – again another Igbo man – Professor Frank Ndili who gained a Ph.D in his early 20s at Cambridge Univesity in Nuclear Physics and Chemistry in the early ’60s. This young Asaba man had made a First Class in Physics and Mathematics at the then University College Ibadan in the early 1950s.

The First Professor of Statistics, Professor James Nwoye Adichie whose research on Non-Parametric Statistics led to new areas in statistical research. Adichie is the father of Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, the well known author of Purple Hibiscus and Half of a Yellow Sun (which was a Biafran story).

The first Nigerian Professor of Medicine was also an Igbo man named Professor Herbert C Kodilinye – he was appointed a Professor of Medicine at the University of London in 1952. He later became the Vice Chancellor of the University of Nigeria Nsukka after the war from 1971 to 1975.

What about Astronomy – again another Igbo man was the first Professor of Astronomy – please, look up Professor Ntukoju – he was the first to earn a double Ph.D. in Astronomy and Mathematics.

Let’s go to the Social Sciences:

Demography and statistical research into population studies – again another Igbo man – Professor Chukwuka Okonjo. He is the father of Dr. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala former Nigerian minister of finance whose all children attended Harvard University. Ngozi also studied at Harvard. It was Prof Chukwuka Okonjo who set up the first Centre for Population Research in Ibadan in the early 1960s. He was also a double Ph.D holder in Mathematics and Economics. He was the first Nigerian Head of Department and Dean of Faculty (UNN).

Philosophy – Professor G. D. Okafor, who became a Professor of Philosophy at the Amherst College USA in 1953.

Economics – Dr. Pius Okigbo (elder brother to Chris Okigbo, the poet, who died in action at Nsukka during the war) who became a visiting scholar and Professor of Economics at the University of London in 1954. He is also the first Nigerian Ph.D. in Economics.

Theology and theological research – Professor Njoku who became the first Nigerian to earn a Ph.D in Theology from Queens University Belfast in Ireland. He was appointed a Professor of Theology at the University College Zambia in 1952.

At the Nigerian Universities Commission (NUC), the state with the highest number of professors in Nigeria and as at 2018 is Imo State.

You can go to this commission and verify.

Anambra state was the first in WAEC, UNITY

SCHOOLS ENTERANCE EXAMS, NECO AND
PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE in 2013, 2014 and 2015.

Therefore, whenever some people address you Igbos as mere traders, tell them that in addition to doing very well in business, science, technology and SPORTS you are also ahead in academia.

No amount of hatred can change blessings from God almighty. Let the hating continue while we keep doing what we know best....

DEVELOPMENT ADVICE FOR NIGERIANS; Let Nigerians compete fairly (without quota system) and give the best positions to the brightest – be it Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa or Fulani, and then we shall see who the most successful Nigerians are.

IGBO KWENU! KWENU!! KWEZUENU OOOOH!!!

Researched and written by Dr. Maduka Ogwueleka (MRCPUK) and Dr. Samuel Okafor (PhD History).

© Maduka Chinemelum Ogwueleka.
some ppl wee not sleep well tonight grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Historic Fast Facts About Nigeria Academia: Igbo's Contribution by LZAA: 12:53am On Mar 11, 2018
mercyville:
lol...when Yorubas were in school,they were learning how to wear pants...

1 Like

Re: Historic Fast Facts About Nigeria Academia: Igbo's Contribution by LZAA: 12:55am On Mar 11, 2018
Michael004:
Open thread for this. I have asked you people many a time, but una refused.
the goblin wails grin grin

1 Like

Re: Historic Fast Facts About Nigeria Academia: Igbo's Contribution by LZAA: 12:58am On Mar 11, 2018
goblins like mercyville and mchael004 are already wailing on the thread grin grin

1 Like

Re: Historic Fast Facts About Nigeria Academia: Igbo's Contribution by Nobody: 1:10am On Mar 11, 2018

1 Like

Re: Historic Fast Facts About Nigeria Academia: Igbo's Contribution by Michael004: 1:17am On Mar 11, 2018
LZAA:

the goblin wails grin grin
Mr Dracula, I have busted your fellow Mumu lies, I dare him to disprove me on that. grin
Re: Historic Fast Facts About Nigeria Academia: Igbo's Contribution by LZAA: 1:40am On Mar 11, 2018
Michael004:
Mr Dracula, I have busted your fellow Mumu lies, I dare him to disprove me on that. grin
but but this is a new topic o ye goblin grin
ndigbo have been dominating goblins since forever grin grin
mercyville is prolly hiding sumwia wailing grin
Re: Historic Fast Facts About Nigeria Academia: Igbo's Contribution by kernel504(m): 2:43am On Mar 11, 2018
Michael004:
Bros, open thread for it. I can't shout. Mention me when you do. You dey fear?

The onus is on you, I have nothing to prove to you.

1 Like

Re: Historic Fast Facts About Nigeria Academia: Igbo's Contribution by kernel504(m): 2:48am On Mar 11, 2018
Michael004

Come and show yourself!
Re: Historic Fast Facts About Nigeria Academia: Igbo's Contribution by kernel504(m): 2:50am On Mar 11, 2018
Michael004:
Bros, open thread for it. I can't shout. Mention me when you do. You dey fear?

www.nairaland.com/4390812/historic-fast-facts-nigeria-academia
Re: Historic Fast Facts About Nigeria Academia: Igbo's Contribution by Michael004: 7:34am On Mar 11, 2018
kernel504:

www.nairaland.com/4390812/historic-fast-facts-nigeria-academia
Why giving me same topic I have already busted some of its lies na grin
Re: Historic Fast Facts About Nigeria Academia: Igbo's Contribution by Michael004: 7:37am On Mar 11, 2018
kernel504:

The onus is on you, I have nothing to prove to you.
Ofcourse, you can't have nothing to prove cos you already knew how you would be disgraced. Like I said, I dare you to open thread on that and mention me.
Re: Historic Fast Facts About Nigeria Academia: Igbo's Contribution by EODforce: 7:57am On Mar 11, 2018
Michael004:
. flat nose,your mad.ness have started again abi?

try anything silly here again and watch urself dragged to the mud
Re: Historic Fast Facts About Nigeria Academia: Igbo's Contribution by EODforce: 7:59am On Mar 11, 2018
Michael004:
Ofcourse, you can't have nothing to prove cos you already knew how you would be disgraced. Like I said, I dare you to open thread on that and mention me.
. fla.t nose ,keep kwayet or get ready to dance na.ked for us
Re: Historic Fast Facts About Nigeria Academia: Igbo's Contribution by Michael004: 8:32am On Mar 11, 2018
EODforce:
. fla.t nose ,keep kwayet or get ready to dance na.ked for us
You want to post picture again, oya, post and see what will happen to you. Such an inferior being that can't boast of his own appearance but keep busy on others appearances and handsomeness. Spit
Re: Historic Fast Facts About Nigeria Academia: Igbo's Contribution by EODforce: 8:35am On Mar 11, 2018
Michael004:
You want to post picture again, oya, post and see what will happen to you. Such an inferior being that can't boast of his own appearance but keep busy on others appearances and handsomeness. Spit
. you called this ur flatty nose and motor block head handsome?

you must be madt then
Re: Historic Fast Facts About Nigeria Academia: Igbo's Contribution by Michael004: 8:37am On Mar 11, 2018
EODforce:
. you called this ur flatty nose and motor block head handsome?

you must be madt then
Your shameless generation are madth. Ugly bitch that is afraid to show himself.
Re: Historic Fast Facts About Nigeria Academia: Igbo's Contribution by EODforce: 10:49am On Mar 11, 2018
Michael004:
. i am a gay, this is my boyfriend
. i have always know you to be an assole fvuckkker

Re: Historic Fast Facts About Nigeria Academia: Igbo's Contribution by Thanks18(m): 3:25pm On Mar 11, 2018
Michael004:
At the bolded, hope you are not saying igboman was the first professor of philosophy?

Why you too dey lie my friend, claiming igbo man was the first professor of medicine, when was that. Oga, first professor if medicine was a Yoruba man from sagamu, ogun state names professor Emeritus Theophilus Oladipo Ogunlesi. You can prove me wrong on that.

Bros, your lies strong o, who gave igboman first professor of physics? Professor Muyiwa Awe from Esie in Kwara state was Nigerian first professor of physics Mr.

You should stop deceiving yourself and your fellow, are you a learner. First professor of chemistry is a Yoruba man from Awa Ijebu, Ogun state by name Prof Stephen oluwole Awokoya.

Bros, do some research before posting. Thanks.

Bros, thanks for contributing to the discourse. in as much I acknowledged the contributions of our Yoruba scholars to Nigeria's education heritage. you are far from the truth by debating that professor emeritus Ogunlesi of Ogun state as the first professor of medicine. How can you deliberately choose to give a misleading report. Ogunlesi got his professorship in the year 1965 while Prof Herbert C Kodilinye got his as far back as 1952. so desist from doctoring the Truth. Be objective. I will not like to join issues with you on other false narrative you submitted because as regard this topic at hand but I kindly implore you to save self from further embarrassment

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Cooking Stove Controversy: APC And It's Federated Liars. / Saraki Finally Dumps APC; See How Nigerians React / Fulani Herdsmen Takes Over Yoruba Land, Yoruba Elders In Pain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.