Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,573 members, 7,820,059 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

Travelling To Germany Via Portugal - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Germany Via Portugal (5425 Views)

A Nigerian Student Who Fled Ukraine To Germany Dies In A Swimming Accident (pic) / Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. / Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Germany Via Portugal by CowbellY: 2:48am On Sep 09, 2018
Berliner1:
Have been to Lisbon(Portugal) and based in Germany.

Best way is to enter portugal first, after few days u can enter Germany via train...less security (Polizie,ZOLL)

But by EU law, with a schengen visa you can travel anywhere within the schengen zone.

But remember, you cant work anywhere with a visit visa.

If you enter germany your best option ia to claim asylum(Aduro).

Presently thats tough except ladies.

Best city for such ia berlin and baden wurttembrug...avoid munich.

With Asylum you can work,study and find your way around.

Its a 50/50 thing.

But avoid anything illegals(Drugs/Human trafficking )

Avoid benin girls.

Learn German....

Avoid austria( wealthy but small country)

Leave the rest for God.

But if you have something tangible doing in Nigeria, dont leave it for stagnant life here.

.why Avoid Austria ?
Re: Travelling To Germany Via Portugal by Berliner1: 7:34am On Sep 09, 2018
CowbellY:

.why Avoid Austria ?

It's tough and hard to get resident permit there for asylum seekers.
Re: Travelling To Germany Via Portugal by charles2468(m): 4:44pm On Feb 24, 2019
Iammercy2018:
I live in Portugal.

If you get a direct Portugal Visa you can't move to any Schengen countries, but if you got a Schengen visa through the Portuguese embassy.

First you'll have to travel to Portugal first before moving to any other Schengen country.
Once you arrive Portugal, lodge in an hotel for a day or two, then you can move to Germany, much comfortable way is by using the train, this way there will be just one immigration officer or none at all stopping you. I once travelled to Spain Madrid to renew my int'l passport which as expired and also my expired Portuguese residential card, I was stopped just after I got off the train by some police officers, they checked my card and passport both expired, I told them am going to the Nigeria embassy to renew my passport (which was the truth) and then return to Portugal, they called some ppl, don't have a clue who they were, and after they allowed me to go even with no Visa or valid docs

But if you move directly to Germany without arriving the country that granted you the Visa, sorry you'll be sent back home

Moving to any other Schengen country is visa free and much easier by train.

Why I said easier is because you won't encounter much immigration officers unlike at the airport with too much questions.

Pardon my mistakes, am writing with haste, I've got somewhere to go.

I hope this helps a little.

Thank you dear for this update.
please I had intention of coming to Portugal to study on msc, please I can I have your watsapp no or email or LinkedIn name, so that I can relate my questions to you personally thanks.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians In Nairobi / Former Gov.’s Daughter, Kemi Omololu-olunloyo Deported From Canada / Some Interesting Facts About Flags Of The World.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.