Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:03 AM

Travelling To Germany Via Portugal - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Germany Via Portugal (5412 Views)

Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. / Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Travelling To Germany Via Portugal by mobolaji234: 1:22pm On Mar 10, 2018
Good day,
I'm using this medium to appeal to every Nairalander to kindly help a brother.
As we all know, this great country of ours is really in a deep mess and our leaders are not helping matters, the news we hear everyday isn't encouraging at all. It's either we are being besieged by snakes, it will be a gang of Monkeys moving our money to offshore accounts.
I'm a BSc. holder from a federal university in Nigeria. For over 3years after graduation, the jobs available are not encouraging at all.
To cut the long story short, so I met this man who is willing to help me secure schenghen visa to Portugal. Although, my aim is Germany/Austria. He told me I can move to Germany/Austria when I get to Portugal.

Now my question is this, how possible is it for one to move to Germany from Portugal immediately after touching down in Portugal.
Please help a brother in need.
Your advise is highly needed. Thanks y'll.

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Seun
Re: Travelling To Germany Via Portugal by mobolaji234: 6:30pm On Mar 10, 2018
Pls, anyone with information that can help should Kindly help a brother by post relevant info.
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Germany Via Portugal by mobolaji234: 7:55pm On Mar 10, 2018
Someone should say something helpful now.
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Germany Via Portugal by pansophist(m): 8:12pm On Mar 10, 2018
a Schengen visa permits you travel freely within the area, so you should buy a flight to Germany not Portugal.

On a side note, you can’t just move to Germany without a basis of residence, unless you plan to be illegal. I hope the Good Samaritan that wants to “help” you is genuine, not exploiting your desperation to swindle you.

Schengen visa is what you can get yourself and the only fee you need to pay is the 60euros application fee. You will do fingerprinting and it have a be at the embassy or VFS. If it doesn’t look like this, chances are, you’re a victim.

I wish you all the best.

11 Likes

Re: Travelling To Germany Via Portugal by rinzaugustine: 5:37am On Mar 11, 2018
Your status in Germany will still be a visitor until the duration they give you expires and then you will start life as an illegal

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Germany Via Portugal by mobolaji234: 4:58pm On Mar 11, 2018
pansophist:
a Schengen visa permits you travel freely within the area, so you should buy a flight to Germany not Portugal.

On a side note, you can’t just move to Germany without a basis of residence, unless you plan to be illegal. I hope the Good Samaritan that wants to “help” you is genuine, not exploiting your desperation to swindle you.

Schengen visa is what you can get yourself and the only fee you need to pay is the 60euros application fee. You will do fingerprinting and it have a be at the embassy or VFS. If it doesn’t look like this, chances are, you’re a victim.

I wish you all the best.

Thanks for the reply. So you mean to say I can a schengen visa myself after doing the necessary application.
Now my question is this bro, can I use the schenghen visa to fly directly to Germany?
If yes, what would be the duration of time that would be stamped on my passport?
Between the time frame, can I get a job?
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Germany Via Portugal by Godson201333(m): 5:26pm On Mar 11, 2018
mobolaji234:

Thanks for the reply. So you mean to say I can a schengen visa myself after doing the necessary application.
Now my question is this bro, can I use the schenghen visa to fly directly to Germany?
If yes, what would be the duration of time that would be stamped on my passport?
Thanks

A Schengen visa covers free movement to 28 countries in europe.Now it depends on which of the 28 grants you Visa.If you got Germany Visa,Then your point of entry needs to be in Germany and not France or Spain,If not,you are subject to immediate deportation.Normally a Schengen Visa is always valid for 3 months but countries like Germany even issue 10 days Visa depending on your purpose of visit.

If you legally in possession of a Portugal Visa,Yes you can Visit Germany but hard to stay back because these 28 countries share thesame database which means they all can read your travel history and finger prints....

If caught, you get a penalty 10 years ban from these 28 countries including Uk!

You see those ones that travel through the Mediterranean get favor when staying back because they can easily seek asylum and their case go through a normal process.This sometimes take 2 years before they get final judgement whereby you that came in with visa cannot even seek asylum.
Re: Travelling To Germany Via Portugal by igahdavid(m): 5:34pm On Mar 11, 2018
If you get a schengen visa from Portugal, you can travel directly to Germany. But I won't advice that. You might have to explain to the immigration officer why you applied for a visa to Portugal and then travel to Germany.

My advice is to travel to Portugal first, then you can move to Germany either with a flight or train.
Re: Travelling To Germany Via Portugal by mobolaji234: 6:07pm On Mar 11, 2018
igahdavid:
If you get a schengen visa from Portugal, you can travel directly to Germany. But I won't advice that. You might have to explain to the immigration officer why you applied for a visa to Portugal and then travel to Germany.

My advice is to travel to Portugal first, then you can move to Germany either with a flight or train

At d last paragraph, how soon can I move to Germany when I get to Portugal?
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Germany Via Portugal by mobolaji234: 6:10pm On Mar 11, 2018
Godson201333:

A Schengen visa covers free movement to 28 countries in europe.Now it depends on which of the 28 grants you Visa.If you got Germany Visa,Then your point of entry needs to be in Germany and not France or Spain,If not,you are subject to immediate deportation.Normally a Schengen Visa is always valid for 3 months but countries like Germany even issue 10 days Visa depending on your purpose of visit.

If you legally in possession of a Portugal Visa,Yes you can Visit Germany but hard to stay back because these 28 countries share thesame database which means they all can read your travel history and finger prints....

If caught, you get a penalty 10 years ban from these 28 countries including Uk!

You see those ones that travel through the Mediterranean get favor when staying back because they can easily seek asylum and their case go through a normal process.This sometimes take 2 years before they get final judgement whereby you that came in with visa cannot even seek asylum.

Thanks for the reply,

So what would be required of me from the immigration officers of Germany when I'm leaving Portugal .
And can I get a job withing the space of 3months when I'm still legal? I'm a BSc holder.
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Germany Via Portugal by ritze(m): 7:43pm On Mar 11, 2018
mobolaji234:

Thanks for the reply,

So what would be required of me from the immigration officers of Germany when I'm leaving Portugal .
And can I get a job withing the space of 3months when I'm still legal? I'm a BSc holder.
Thanks

Your visa doesn’t give you the right to work, therefore you’re classified illegal.

Secondly, even if you’re legal later in the years, your Nigeria degree will not get you a job. You need to have a qualification from GermNy or any of the western country to be recognized in the Labour market.

Thirdly, please think it over and over, life here for “aduro” nor easy oooo...think am well
Re: Travelling To Germany Via Portugal by Godson201333(m): 8:12pm On Mar 11, 2018
mobolaji234:

Thanks for the reply,

Thanks

With a tourist Visa,You are and will never be a legal aliens in a foreign land.You can only cross to Germany before the expiration of your visa.

You won’t even be able to get a legal job and Germany is a country that emphasizes more on its language.
Re: Travelling To Germany Via Portugal by mobolaji234: 8:26pm On Mar 11, 2018
Thanks everyone for the reply, God bless.
Will get back when I explore other options, Thanks

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Germany Via Portugal by pansophist(m): 1:09pm On Mar 12, 2018
mobolaji234:

Thanks

Yes, I’ve guided friends and some nairalanders to get a visa themselves, and they only paid 60euros as well as about N10k for VFS. If you are not qualified for a visa, an agent can perfom no magic. The determinations accessed by the consular if you’ll get a visa are stipulated in the Schengen visa code, article 14. I’ll recommend you check it.

Schengen visas are issued with a validity period, entry stamps is just a time stamp, not a validity period. Any country can be your port of entry, but you should be able to corroborate why it’s not the country that issued it if ask, although loosely applied.

Regardless if you’ll get a job within the time frame, you can’t work and can’t switch visa category. Besides, one of the conditions to fulfil before receiving a visa is that you’ll return to your country of departure. It’s contradictory for a system that grants you an entry on that condition to make a provision for extension. It contravenes the principle of “legal certainty”. The only exception that I know of are asylum and family immigration cases.

Goodluck
Re: Travelling To Germany Via Portugal by Iammercy2018: 4:21pm On Mar 12, 2018
I live in Portugal.

If you get a direct Portugal Visa you can't move to any Schengen countries, but if you got a Schengen visa through the Portuguese embassy.

First you'll have to travel to Portugal first before moving to any other Schengen country.
Once you arrive Portugal, lodge in an hotel for a day or two, then you can move to Germany, much comfortable way is by using the train, this way there will be just one immigration officer or none at all stopping you. I once travelled to Spain Madrid to renew my int'l passport which as expired and also my expired Portuguese residential card, I was stopped just after I got off the train by some police officers, they checked my card and passport both expired, I told them am going to the Nigeria embassy to renew my passport (which was the truth) and then return to Portugal, they called some ppl, don't have a clue who they were, and after they allowed me to go even with no Visa or valid docs

But if you move directly to Germany without arriving the country that granted you the Visa, sorry you'll be sent back home

Moving to any other Schengen country is visa free and much easier by train.

Why I said easier is because you won't encounter much immigration officers unlike at the airport with too much questions.

Pardon my mistakes, am writing with haste, I've got somewhere to go.

I hope this helps a little.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Germany Via Portugal by mobolaji234: 10:10pm On Mar 12, 2018
Iammercy2018:
I live in Portugal.

If you get a direct Portugal Visa you can't move to any Schengen countries, but if you got a Schengen visa through the Portuguese embassy.

First you'll have to travel to Portugal first before moving to any other Schengen country.
Once you arrive Portugal, lodge in an hotel for a day or two, then you can move to Germany, much comfortable way is by using the train, this way there will be just one immigration officer or none at all stopping you. I once travelled to Spain Madrid to renew my int'l passport which as expired and also my expired Portuguese residential card, I was stopped just after I got off the train by some police officers, they checked my card and passport both expired, I told them am going to the Nigeria embassy to renew my passport (which was the truth) and then return to Portugal, they called some ppl, don't have a clue who they were, and after they allowed me to go even with no Visa or valid docs

But if you move directly to Germany without arriving the country that granted you the Visa, sorry you'll be sent back home

Why I said easier is because you won't encounter much immigration officers unlike at the airport with too much questions.

thank you so much for the contribution
Re: Travelling To Germany Via Portugal by mobolaji234: 10:12pm On Mar 12, 2018
Iammercy2018:
I live in Portugal.

thanks, it helps in so much way. I really appreciate
Re: Travelling To Germany Via Portugal by mobolaji234: 10:13pm On Mar 12, 2018
pansophist:

Yes, I’ve guided friends and some nairalanders to get a visa themselves, and they only paid 60euros as well as about N10k for VFS. If you are not qualified for a visa, an agent can perfom no magic. The determinations accessed by the consular if you’ll get a visa are stipulated in the Schengen visa code, article 14. I’ll recommend you check it.

Schengen visas are issued with a validity period, entry stamps is just a time stamp, not a validity period. Any country can be your port of entry, but you should be able to corroborate why it’s not the country that issued it if ask, although loosely applied.

Regardless if you’ll get a job within the time frame, you can’t work and can’t switch visa category. Besides, one of the conditions to fulfil before receiving a visa is that you’ll return to your country of departure. It’s contradictory for a system that grants you an entry on that condition to make a provision for extension. It contravenes the principle of “legal certainty”. The only exception that I know of are asylum and family immigration cases.

Goodluck

thanks bro, I appreciate
Re: Travelling To Germany Via Portugal by Berliner1: 11:22pm On Mar 12, 2018
Have been to Lisbon(Portugal) and based in Germany.

Best way is to enter portugal first, after few days u can enter Germany via train...less security (Polizie,ZOLL)

But by EU law, with a schengen visa you can travel anywhere within the schengen zone.

But remember, you cant work anywhere with a visit visa.

If you enter germany your best option ia to claim asylum(Aduro).

Presently thats tough except ladies.

Best city for such ia berlin and baden wurttembrug...avoid munich.

With Asylum you can work,study and find your way around.

Its a 50/50 thing.

But avoid anything illegals(Drugs/Human trafficking )

Avoid benin girls.

Learn German....

Avoid austria( wealthy but small country)

Leave the rest for God.

But if you have something tangible doing in Nigeria, dont leave it for stagnant life here.

8 Likes

Re: Travelling To Germany Via Portugal by Iammercy2018: 7:56am On Mar 13, 2018
mobolaji234:

thank you so much for the contribution
mobolaji234:

thanks, it helps in so much way. I really appreciate
. You're welcome
Re: Travelling To Germany Via Portugal by Iammercy2018: 8:01am On Mar 13, 2018
pansophist:

Goodluck
point of correction. Any country can't be his point of entry but the country that issued him the Schengen visa thereafter he can move to other Schengen countries, if he tries to do otherwise he risk being sent back home.

Op don't say I didn't warm u o
Re: Travelling To Germany Via Portugal by Damolux01(m): 10:52am On Mar 13, 2018
Berliner1:

Best way is to enter portugal first, after few days u can enter Germany via train...less security (Polizie,ZOLL)

But by EU law, with a schengen visa you can travel anywhere within the schengen zone.

Its a 50/50 thing.

Avoid benin girls.

Learn German....

Leave the rest for God.

But if you have something tangible doing in Nigeria, dont leave it for stagnant life here.

I was really elated and blessed with this post of yours. I need more info if you would divulge more pls...I need to follow this route. What I need now is apart from the €60 for Visa, 10k for fingerprint. What else do I need? How do I do it myself? The agent that wants to help says I should bring 600k. And that's too much. How much is flight to Portugal? 3 days hotel, Train to Germany. I have people I can stay with in Germany. Or better still...since Germany is my end destination. Can't I just go straight with a Schengen Visa to Germany?
Re: Travelling To Germany Via Portugal by Mercurypanther(m): 8:50pm On Mar 13, 2018
Damolux01:
I was really elated and blessed with this post of yours. I need more info if you would divulge more pls...I need to follow this route. What I need now is apart from the €60 for Visa, 10k for fingerprint. What else do I need? How do I do it myself? The agent that wants to help says I should bring 600k. And that's too much. How much is flight to Portugal? 3 days hotel, Train to Germany. I have people I can stay with in Germany. Or better still...since Germany is my end destination. Can't I just go straight with a Schengen Visa to Germany?
Doing it yourself Remains the best please Dont pay money to any Agent once you've got the Necessary Documents. Everything you need is available online. Google search them. You'll thank me. Later.
Re: Travelling To Germany Via Portugal by mobolaji234: 8:22am On Mar 14, 2018
Mercurypanther:
Doing it yourself Remains the best please Dont pay money to any Agent once you've got the Necessary Documents. Everything you need is available online. Google search them. You'll thank me. Later.

Bro, please help answer @damolux01 question. We would gain one or two things.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Germany Via Portugal by Damolux01(m): 7:51am On Mar 17, 2018
Mercurypanther:
If you read my post very well...you would notice some questions I asked there ain't to be searched. it's meant for the gurus here.
Re: Travelling To Germany Via Portugal by Nobody: 9:44am On Mar 17, 2018
Berliner1:

Its a 50/50 thing.

Avoid benin girls.

Learn German....

Leave the rest for God.

What about the Dublin law. ( first country arrirvd in EU, you mustn’t claim assylum) How can one override that or what can one say to override it.
Re: Travelling To Germany Via Portugal by Berliner1: 9:50am On Mar 17, 2018
Ojoro123:

What about the Dublin law. ( first country arrirvd in EU, you mustn’t claim assylum) How can one override that or what can one say to override it.

Implementing law is a different ball game.
If not majority of Africans here would have been deported.

Laws also have legal loopholes which many asylum seekers utilise.
The bottom line is they also grant stay based on compassionate ground.
Re: Travelling To Germany Via Portugal by Teeforeal(m): 10:54am On Mar 17, 2018
Follow the school route,go and do your master
Re: Travelling To Germany Via Portugal by Damolux01(m): 9:43pm On Mar 17, 2018
Teeforeal:
Follow the school route,go and do your master
Best option bro...vut raising the 4m for blocked account is a big problem.
Re: Travelling To Germany Via Portugal by Damolux01(m): 9:44pm On Mar 17, 2018
Berliner1:

Implementing law is a different ball game.
If not majority of Africans here would have been deported.

Laws also have legal loopholes which many asylum seekers utilise.
The bottom line is they also grant stay based on compassionate ground.
Thanks bro!
Re: Travelling To Germany Via Portugal by femmoy(m): 10:11am On Mar 18, 2018
Damolux01:

Can't u read the previous posts? It was stated that ur first country of arrival has to be the country that issued u the visa and from there u can move to the country of ur choice easily by train. I wonder how many times u will have to be told this

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Germany Via Portugal by Ojiofor1(m): 9:06pm On Mar 18, 2018
pansophist:

I wish you all the best.

That's misleading. If you fly to Germany without an onward ticket to portugal, the visa will be cancelled and you will be deported back to naija.

True a Schengen visa permits you travel freely within the area, but you have to still prove to the border control that you intend to go to the country that issued the visa. If you fly Lufthansa and have an onward ticket to Portugal, then, you would land in Germany first and be stamped in. In this scenario, you can simply disappear into Germany. But if you fly any other airline and your final destination is Germany as per your ticket, your visa will most likely be cancelled

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dana Air Named Official Airline Of Wives Of Africa Presidents Summit / Germany 6 Month Job Seeking Visa / Some Interesting Facts About Flags Of The World.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.