Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,264 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:30 AM

MAN O WAR Handcuffs 16-Year-Old Boy To A Bike In Lagos After Wrong Accusation - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / MAN O WAR Handcuffs 16-Year-Old Boy To A Bike In Lagos After Wrong Accusation (37606 Views)

Native Doctor Arrests/handcuffs Man With Bees In Uganda For Stealing / SS2 Student Attempts Suicide In Sokoto Over “Wrong” Accusation / Olalekan Ogunyemi Who Killed Kolade Johnson Pictured In Handcuffs In Lagos Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

MAN O WAR Handcuffs 16-Year-Old Boy To A Bike In Lagos After Wrong Accusation by stephenduru: 2:24pm On Mar 10, 2018
As shared by Sonia who lives in Lagos......

'I went to pick my Aunt around 2am on Friday . We drove past my estate,got home and everyone woke up to go and welcome my Aunt.

I was already Tired and just told my brother to help me throw away the Dustbin into the bigger one outside the gate because we put the remnants of the fish we cooked and it would attract stray cats .

My 16 year old brother took the dustbin outside. He then decided to go and get Sprite ,unaware of the time. As,he headed towards the end of my close to get into the Estate road,he noticed that there were no cars insight and turned around. He mentally calculated that it was probably very late.

As he was heading in, The security guards who are MAN O WAR officials stopped him and before he could tell them that he was a Resident of the Estate,They descended on him. He got slaps ,they started to Shock him with a Taser, Sprayed Tear gas and did numerous things. In all ,This happened just a house after mine,So he was close to home.He was taken to the Security Post and handcuffed to a Motorcycle.He kept telling them to confirm from his Family that he is a Resident but it fell on Deaf ears.He asked for me to be called and they Refused stating that I must Do the calling. I was already in Bed,Unaware of the torture my brother was going through.

At around 7.30am,We got a call that My brother was at the gate and handcuffed.  I drove there and Asked what the problem was. He narrated everything and I went to the Head of the Security and demanded tjat they remove the handcuff before I listen. I pay these people salary oh. They commandant told me No and that I could do my worst.

My husband soon joined me,demanded that the cuffs be removed and he refused. I took my car and blocked the gate,demanding that he removes the cuffs and take the case to the Police if they suspect him of anything. They had nothing on him.It was just a case of Bullying.He was an easy Prey. It sparked an outrage.
People started to tell their stories. The people we pay to protect us had suddenly become a threat to our lives.They were almost beaten up by the Angry Mob.

I refused to remove my car, demanding the release of my brother who had been tortured for 6 hours non stop. My brother who has health challanges.

The commandant took a bike and went to call the same police officers we asked them to call in the first place. When they arrived,They asked that the handcuff be removed and the matter taken to the station.  At this point there was a huge crowd already and the crowd refused to let my brother be released. They wanted the DPO present to witness first hand the inhumanity on a 16year old boy who did nothing.

One man( I hear he is a uniformed Officer) my God will bless, insisted that the DPO be present. He made calls,made videos and kept shaking his head at the level of wickedness.

The case went to the station and we made our statements. They were detained , I cannot tell if they were detained overnight.

The Estate secretary came to resolve the issue with me and I let it go.

Around 8pm,My husband drove me in his car to go and get Something just in front of the estate gate. As I was driving out,These same Man O war officers asked for the boot to be open.I explained that my boot had an issue and couldn't be opened. I was let out.

As I was driving in,One of the Men who was on duty when my brother was tortured, refused to let me into my house. An obvious case of feeling bitter over the morning's event. I came down from the car,Demanded to get into my property and I tried pushing the gate to let myself in. As I was pushing the gate, He was bending my fingers and I made sure( judge me if you want) that I gave him a resounding slap for bending my fingers to the back.

They have become a security threat and I will make sure i start a revolution . They must Go.

My brother is currently down and has been in and out of seizures.He also missed his mock exams yesterday.
Help me share this with a hashtag justicefordaniel

Yesterday,People who had been brutalized by these same people,spoke up in anger. With Different stories.

You may look away because it is not Your brother or child but It can be tomorrow.
The government will do nothing.
Change starts with Us'

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2018/03/16-year-old-nigerian-boy-handcuffed-to.html?m=1

5 Likes

Re: MAN O WAR Handcuffs 16-Year-Old Boy To A Bike In Lagos After Wrong Accusation by stephenduru: 2:24pm On Mar 10, 2018

Re: MAN O WAR Handcuffs 16-Year-Old Boy To A Bike In Lagos After Wrong Accusation by Pierohandsome: 3:03pm On Mar 10, 2018
Ordinary man O war is forming sars. Nigerians naturally are proud and power drunk set of people,we are oppressive naturally.

Few ppl wil understand what i mean. Nigerians are bullies

161 Likes 5 Shares

Re: MAN O WAR Handcuffs 16-Year-Old Boy To A Bike In Lagos After Wrong Accusation by yeyeboi(m): 3:58pm On Mar 10, 2018
Ok
Re: MAN O WAR Handcuffs 16-Year-Old Boy To A Bike In Lagos After Wrong Accusation by Jh0wsef(m): 3:58pm On Mar 10, 2018
Re: MAN O WAR Handcuffs 16-Year-Old Boy To A Bike In Lagos After Wrong Accusation by ChiefSweetus: 3:59pm On Mar 10, 2018
Man o War?? grin Yoruba boys scout na im dey use una flex?? grin grin grin shocked grin

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MAN O WAR Handcuffs 16-Year-Old Boy To A Bike In Lagos After Wrong Accusation by Olayetan(m): 3:59pm On Mar 10, 2018
Common man o war...

9 Likes

Re: MAN O WAR Handcuffs 16-Year-Old Boy To A Bike In Lagos After Wrong Accusation by Partnerbiz3: 3:59pm On Mar 10, 2018
What did they do?
Re: MAN O WAR Handcuffs 16-Year-Old Boy To A Bike In Lagos After Wrong Accusation by Sealeddeal(m): 4:00pm On Mar 10, 2018
Hmm
Re: MAN O WAR Handcuffs 16-Year-Old Boy To A Bike In Lagos After Wrong Accusation by thesicilian: 4:01pm On Mar 10, 2018
The Man O' War guys are obviously bullies, but I believe if your brother's approach had been civil and respectful, all these stress could have been averted in the first place.

2 Likes

Re: MAN O WAR Handcuffs 16-Year-Old Boy To A Bike In Lagos After Wrong Accusation by Nobody: 4:02pm On Mar 10, 2018
Imagine if the Peace Corps eventually gets legal backing.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MAN O WAR Handcuffs 16-Year-Old Boy To A Bike In Lagos After Wrong Accusation by Omeokachie: 4:02pm On Mar 10, 2018
Man O War kwa

What happens if you now allow them to bear arms?

16 Likes

Re: MAN O WAR Handcuffs 16-Year-Old Boy To A Bike In Lagos After Wrong Accusation by FisifunKododada: 4:02pm On Mar 10, 2018
shocked
Re: MAN O WAR Handcuffs 16-Year-Old Boy To A Bike In Lagos After Wrong Accusation by eleojo23: 4:02pm On Mar 10, 2018
What powers do they have to handcuff him?

That is how people will be ascribing powers to themselves by themselves.

Mopol will be asking for driving license and fire extinguisher and they are not FRSC.

Nigeria sef...

34 Likes

Re: MAN O WAR Handcuffs 16-Year-Old Boy To A Bike In Lagos After Wrong Accusation by madridguy(m): 4:03pm On Mar 10, 2018
grin
Re: MAN O WAR Handcuffs 16-Year-Old Boy To A Bike In Lagos After Wrong Accusation by oyetunder(m): 4:03pm On Mar 10, 2018
Every man is now a LAW in naija.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: MAN O WAR Handcuffs 16-Year-Old Boy To A Bike In Lagos After Wrong Accusation by cashkid: 4:03pm On Mar 10, 2018
I could still remember the day I dealt with one of these useless dudes... E be like film.... grin grin cheesy

9 Likes

Re: MAN O WAR Handcuffs 16-Year-Old Boy To A Bike In Lagos After Wrong Accusation by HenryQuest(m): 4:04pm On Mar 10, 2018
Get a lawyer, and sue them since you have tangible evidence and numerous witnesses. Your brother is a minor and the court would wholeheartedly welcome such a case.

You also need to be extremely careful since you have become and enemy to the same set of individuals saddled with the responsibility of protecting you and your family.

If possible, get a licensed bouncer/bodyguard for now.
These security operatives can be cunning and mischievous atimes.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: MAN O WAR Handcuffs 16-Year-Old Boy To A Bike In Lagos After Wrong Accusation by IamGodsGrace(f): 4:04pm On Mar 10, 2018
Give a man little power and his inhuman nature will begin to surface.

2 Likes

Re: MAN O WAR Handcuffs 16-Year-Old Boy To A Bike In Lagos After Wrong Accusation by Horlar995(m): 4:05pm On Mar 10, 2018
This is one of the reasons why I did not join any paramilitary in school....... If you see the way this bunch of idiots behave towards their fellow students in higher institution.......... All uniform men in the country needs to be reoriented on what their job entails.....

2 Likes

Re: MAN O WAR Handcuffs 16-Year-Old Boy To A Bike In Lagos After Wrong Accusation by Nobody: 4:05pm On Mar 10, 2018
Na so one Man O War wan use me flex muscle for NYSC camp back then... Na woman sef ooo shocked
Re: MAN O WAR Handcuffs 16-Year-Old Boy To A Bike In Lagos After Wrong Accusation by Nobody: 4:05pm On Mar 10, 2018
Ordinary man o war. And una want make they establish another power drunk men in uniform.

9 Likes

Re: MAN O WAR Handcuffs 16-Year-Old Boy To A Bike In Lagos After Wrong Accusation by NMotorwerks: 4:07pm On Mar 10, 2018
This is the reason why Buhari should not sign that Peace Corps Bill into law. Shithole country.

9 Likes

Re: MAN O WAR Handcuffs 16-Year-Old Boy To A Bike In Lagos After Wrong Accusation by kollinpowel(m): 4:09pm On Mar 10, 2018
When do this idiots start having rights to handcuffs and to handcuffing pple? They want to be relevant in this country, oga o common Man O war wey no fit stop me for road .

6 Likes

Re: MAN O WAR Handcuffs 16-Year-Old Boy To A Bike In Lagos After Wrong Accusation by MrEnigma007: 4:09pm On Mar 10, 2018
Just imagine what PEACE CORP will turn to if given a chance.. African man mentality and "power drunkenness"

5 Likes

Re: MAN O WAR Handcuffs 16-Year-Old Boy To A Bike In Lagos After Wrong Accusation by Nobody: 4:10pm On Mar 10, 2018
Pierohandsome:
Ordinary man O war is forming sars. Nigerians naturally are proud and power drunk set of people,we are oppressive naturally.

Few ppl wil understand what i mean. Nigerians are bullies

I understand exactly what you mean. Most Nigerians, live wretched lives of quiet desperation. Give them a gun or uniform, and they run amok for that period.

90% of uniformed guards are hungry kids thrust into uniforms by hustlers parading as professionals. They are manageable in a corporate setting. However put them in a residential area, and their inferiority complexes get the better of them. Before you know it, they are dragging with the kids their age in the neighbourhood or trying to assert some misguided authority.

7 Likes

Re: MAN O WAR Handcuffs 16-Year-Old Boy To A Bike In Lagos After Wrong Accusation by kollinpowel(m): 4:10pm On Mar 10, 2018
Rainmania:
Ordinary man o war. And una want make they establish another power drunk men in uniform.
Abi o .

1 Like

Re: MAN O WAR Handcuffs 16-Year-Old Boy To A Bike In Lagos After Wrong Accusation by Jwonder(m): 4:11pm On Mar 10, 2018
First of all, why would you send a small boy to throw away dirt by such ungodly hour, you must be one of those wicked aunties, and you slept up until 7am and didn't even check for the person you sent out in such ungodly hour.

Now back to the foolish Man O' War; you and your husband should report the matter to Sars and have all of them rounded up and imprisoned.

11 Likes

Re: MAN O WAR Handcuffs 16-Year-Old Boy To A Bike In Lagos After Wrong Accusation by Teeders(m): 4:12pm On Mar 10, 2018
That was how they wanted to fight us at a colleague's wedding we attended at Ibadan. They were appointed as security that and they wont even let us dance with our friend,a female colleague expressed displeasure and one of them gave her a slap,a guy among us challenged him for slapping her and he tapped his chest for challenging . This made my friend pour the alcohol he is drinking on his uniform and the fight started,an elderly man at the scene settled it .unknown to us they have made phone calls to their other colleagues to come and fight us at the end of the party.
They didn't know dat students can do and undo,my Aluta spirited friends started blocking the road with tires and maintained no one will move an inch from dah place. The man o war guys came fr the guy that poured the drink but we dint let go of him,guys started breaking bottles and they retreated.. grin

14 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Ladies In Germany Fighting Over A Man (Photos & Video) / Man Trying To Commit Suicide At Jakande, Lagos (Photos) / Chinese Woman Ernest Hotel In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.