Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,124 members, 7,818,369 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Jessy Jagz-worth The Wait? - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Jessy Jagz-worth The Wait? (3027 Views)

Jessy Jagz, Nas, Laurin Hill, Jayz, Common, Pac,BIG... / Jessy Jagz Ft Femi Kuti: How Do You See That Jam? / Jessy Jags Is The Greatest And M.i The Hotest! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jessy Jagz-worth The Wait? by A40(m): 1:50am On May 02, 2010
Who is yarning that b.s about Terry G? That statement is kinda crass i know peeps more educated than u that bump Terry G when need be

@Eldee
Greatest ma pitch-black arse! he is just giving his younger bro some press he doesn't even rank in the top 10 Naija producers list at the mo.

Cobhams
Don Jazzy
T.Y Mix
Terry G
Sossick
Dr Frabz
Cabasa
Igho
Suspect
Kraft

In no particular order never mind other less known fellas or O.G's like OJB and Jo-Kaynie
Re: Jessy Jagz-worth The Wait? by eldee(m): 2:07am On May 02, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Nah, there is a difference between free promo and the way M.I talks about Jagz
It's more like respect and envy . . . DBR gave me this unreleased song and he did a song on his deepest emotions, one of em was the envy and jealousy he felt for Jagz.

We will see him really soon, at least he never disappointed in a any of the collabos, if Overkilling Remix, Blaze and Choc Boys had been on the album, it would be a different story now.
Re: Jessy Jagz-worth The Wait? by A40(m): 2:22am On May 02, 2010
Well thank God i don't rate rappers or artistes based on just guest verses or a handful of tracks i still think the dude is overhyped i ain't saying he is whack but how can someone be the Greatest when i can easily name 10 better producers never mind rappers! Let him drop a good album first whatever M.I feels about him is his opinion which is bound to be biased
Re: Jessy Jagz-worth The Wait? by eldee(m): 2:30am On May 02, 2010
Of course he's not the greatest, well . . . we'll just have to wait and see what he'll do next.
What's more annoying is the fact that most people don't want to tell him the truth.
Re: Jessy Jagz-worth The Wait? by A40(m): 2:55am On May 02, 2010
Its just like Don Jazzy telling us he envies and respects Da Prince would you take the nigga serious?? If he is sure Jesse Jagz is not his ghost writer he should tape it shut and let his music do the talking
Re: Jessy Jagz-worth The Wait? by mbulela: 5:08am On May 02, 2010
nah!!
nothing like intellectual music here.
Terry G's music is meant to be listened to when strictly under the influence.
In fact no educated or uneducated person for that matter should be found listening to that crap when sane and thinking straight.
Na SSCE i get and my education no plenty but i stand by that statement.
Who no like am, make him go hug transformer.
Terry G as a producer is good but as an artiste he is wack.

case closed.
Re: Jessy Jagz-worth The Wait? by ofokaofoki: 5:44am On May 02, 2010
mbulela:

Terry G as a producer is good but as an artiste he is wack.

TERRY G IS NOT WACK, TESTING MICROPHONE WAS NOT WACK, THERE IS INTELLECTUAL MUSIC AND NONSENSE MUSIC. TERRY G IS A COMPLETE ARTIST IN MY OPINION. HIS ONLY STUMBLING BLOCK IS THAT HE IS NOT VERSATILE, HE HAS REACHED WHAT IS CALLED A ''PRODUCERS BLOCK''.
U THINK ITS EASY TO JUGGLE PRODUCING AND SINGING.JESSE JAGS TRIES TO JUGGLES BOTH,,, WHEN I STARTED JUGGLING BOTH I BEGAN TO RESPECT WHAT THIS NIGGAS DO. JUGGLING BOTH IS NOT EASY , BELIEF ME, TERRY G HAS THE MOST SOUL LIFTING SONG IN NIGERIA. THE ONLY PROBLEM IS NIGERIANS THINK EVERY MUSICIAN SHOULD SOUND LIKE SOMEBODY, TERRY G IS DIFFERENT , ONLY A TERRY G CAN BE A TERRY G THERE IS NO OTHER LIKE HIM.
JESSE JAGS HAS A BRAIN FOR BEATS, LISTEN TO ''PUMP IT UP BEAT WITHOUT THE VOCALS
, THIS DUDE IS A FCUXXING BEAT BEAST.
Re: Jessy Jagz-worth The Wait? by shotster50(m): 6:52am On May 02, 2010
Jesse Jags is mad talented when it comes to music production, his rapping is better than most Nigerian artistes ( ghost writer or no ghost writer).
@ A-40, I wonder where you got that top ten list from.
As for Terry G, dudes give him a break, everybody cant do intellectual music, his music is strictly bump and grind, party music and thats why its popular.
Re: Jessy Jagz-worth The Wait? by mbulela: 7:05am On May 02, 2010
Even as a party music it is still crap.
all beat and absolutely nothing else.
na him be the only person wey dey make party music?
i beg, free me.
Re: Jessy Jagz-worth The Wait? by tosinaded(m): 7:47am On May 02, 2010
Mbulela name jst a track on his 1st album, and another 4rm his unreleasd!
I assume uve listend to dem.
If u cnt den there is no basis 4 me argueing with u
Re: Jessy Jagz-worth The Wait? by Genuflect(m): 8:20am On May 02, 2010
Who dey yan dust about Free Me for there? Terry G is one beast of an artist. You think say e easy to freestyle melody and the thing come blow? Abeg bad belle, troway troway jor
Re: Jessy Jagz-worth The Wait? by Mobinga: 10:06am On May 02, 2010
I can't believe terry g has staunch fans. I am a sad man
Re: Jessy Jagz-worth The Wait? by eldee(m): 10:20am On May 02, 2010
mbulela:

Even as a party music it is still crap.
all beat and absolutely nothing else.
na him be the only person wey dey make party music?
i beg, free me.

So you didn't just figure out that the beats are the most important part of party music??
A good beat is half a hit . . . and Terry G makes his own beats.
Re: Jessy Jagz-worth The Wait? by Genuflect(m): 10:53am On May 02, 2010
Mobinga:

I can't believe terry g has staunch fans. I am a sad man
You never holla
Re: Jessy Jagz-worth The Wait? by A40(m): 11:29am On May 02, 2010
Make una free Terry G right now. . Bad belle troway troway Wuruwuru troway troway. Na me be the King Kong wey dey sing song

@Shotster50
Save for maybe Suspect Jesse Jagz is not as good as anyone else on ma list and thats confirmed like Don King perm.
Re: Jessy Jagz-worth The Wait? by yoji: 11:38am On May 02, 2010
okay back to jagz, apparently i,ve got plenty of wax in ma ear cos am really feeling the album. infact i had to get get another one when i lost d first one i got. his beats were rich and the tracks classy. anybody who doesnt know the importance of good beats should go listen to acapella then ask nas y jay z left him behind after d start he had. Agreed it was commercial due to reasons eldee mentioned but i dont understand y guys wud be xpectin a hard core album from an artist who sang in his initial singles-sugarcane baby, pump it up, wetin dey. he is jus carvin out a niche for himself instead of tryin to slot into one being created for him. he is also trying to ensure longevity in d game jus as eldee the don is successfully doing. u must also realise that the naija music scene isnt evolved enough to sustain so called hard core artists and thats y even mode nine had to evolve slightly and OD as well. wat we got was kanye west not the cannibus some guys were expectin.
as far as am concerned wat we got was the work of a confident artist who went into his studio to have fun cos he belives he had nothing to prove. in so doing he has carefully evaded bein dragged into the unendin arguement about whose naijas best rapper is.
you guys should loosen up and have a little fun and in quoting joker from dark knight, y u all so seerriiooouuussss!!!!!
and by the way Ice prince' verse on track one was mmaaadddd!
Re: Jessy Jagz-worth The Wait? by Dandy1(m): 6:57pm On May 02, 2010
@Tosinadedamola,I've gotta thank U about d updates on ur 4shared account.If I were 2 be a lady I'd love 2 get wit U,dats how much I luv good music.But I'm sorry I'd agree wit Mbluela,wen I 1st head Terry G's luv u sexy I tot guy was dope.But talking about his current status,guy's just dope on beats.Good 4 d dancehall,bt I'd be caught only dead listening to craps he lays on beats.
Re: Jessy Jagz-worth The Wait? by toladop(m): 4:22am On May 04, 2010
I dont av a copy of Jesse Jagz album, but i av heard a handful of d tracks in it & I think its good enuff. It was not meant 2 be a rap album, like it was titled, 'Jag of all Trades'.
Re: Jessy Jagz-worth The Wait? by ofokaofoki: 9:23am On May 04, 2010
Cobhams
Don Jazzy
T.Y Mix
Terry G
Sossick
Dr Frabz
Cabasa
Igho
Suspect
Kraft

my top ten producers list, contrary to A40 list.

don jazzy
terry g
dr frabz
cabasa
cobhams
sossick
kraft
xyz

9-10, the rest do not exist.
Re: Jessy Jagz-worth The Wait? by mimon79(m): 12:03pm On May 07, 2010
The album is awe-inspiring! Though it may not be commercially viable to the so called " Naija market". The album was all i expexcted it to be, though it may not be for all cool
Re: Jessy Jagz-worth The Wait? by Imohbyron(m): 3:45pm On May 07, 2010
, The album is not as bad as i tot,
The guy try jare,
Re: Jessy Jagz-worth The Wait? by A40(m): 4:40pm On May 07, 2010
@Ofoka
Stop playing around mehn how can you have a top 10 list of producers in Naija and exclude T.Y mix? Thats a treasonable felony!! He is even in ma top 5 sef FYI he was nominated for HHWA for Best Producer with Cobhams and Don Jazzy thats the class he is in
Re: Jessy Jagz-worth The Wait? by ofokaofoki: 4:53pm On May 07, 2010
A-40:

@Ofoka
how can you have a top 10 list of producers in Naija and exclude T.Y mix? Thats a treasonable felony!! He is even in ma top 5 sef FYI he was nominated for HHWA for Best Producer with Cobhams and Don Jazzy thats the class he is in
the fact that he is nominated for HHWa does not make him credible in my list.
except u dont know what goes down in the HHWA nominations!
i havent seen any of TY production this year. sossick has been everywhere, thats what they call street credibility, Ty mix is weak in my books sorry to dissapoint u, i know TY plays the piano like crazy tho, but top 10 list this year??,??he is far from it! quote me again.
Re: Jessy Jagz-worth The Wait? by Abagworo(m): 7:45pm On May 07, 2010
jesse jagz's album is great.''my own humble opinion''.track 1 is fire!.he also has a couple of good tracks.i'll score him 7 out of ten.y'all should expect same from ''drake''.its no longer fanciful making an all rap album.even eminems latest single ''not afraid'' is 40 percent singing.also expect eminem,diddy and game to sing.we all know of kanye's and snoop dogg's.
Re: Jessy Jagz-worth The Wait? by yoji: 12:51am On May 08, 2010
just left his album signing party. he performed a bloody track as his intro which was not in the album. i feel cheated. d guy is good o!
Re: Jessy Jagz-worth The Wait? by Chuks84(m): 7:57pm On May 08, 2010
I have just listened to the album, and I've gotta say, the guy try. I wont say the album is great, but its really good, his only offense is that he tried to do too many things at once. He is a good rapper but a mediocre singer, I think he needs to stick to rapping and he should avoid "over rhyming". I really like greatest, l-o-v-e u (i'm a fan of brym o), intoxicated, Jargo was da bomb too. as for tracks like pussy cat, well, i guess every genius can be excused a moment of madness. that being said, all the beats were tight. thumbs of to jagz, he can only get better, I have a feeling he'll eventually outshine M.I. and yes, "nobody test me" was da bomb,
Re: Jessy Jagz-worth The Wait? by Nobody: 9:04pm On May 08, 2010
shotster50:

Jesse Jags is mad talented when it comes to music production, he rapping is better than most Nigerian artistes ( ghost writer or no ghost writer).
@ A-40, I wonder where you got that top ten list from.
As for Terry G, dudes give him a break, everybody cant do intellectual music, his music is strictly bump and grind, party music and thats why its popular.
yoji:

okay back to jagz, apparently i,ve got plenty of wax in ma ear cos am really feeling the album. infact i had to get get another one when i lost d first one i got. his beats were rich and the tracks classy. anybody who doesnt know the importance of good beats should go listen to acapella then ask nas y jay z left him behind after d start he had. Agreed it was commercial due to reasons eldee mentioned but i dont understand y guys wud be xpectin a hard core album from an artist who sang in his initial singles-sugarcane baby, pump it up, wetin dey. he is jus carvin out a niche for himself instead of tryin to slot into one being created for him. he is also trying to ensure longevity in d game jus as eldee the don is successfully doing. u must also realise that the naija music scene isnt evolved enough to sustain so called hard core artists and thats y even mode nine had to evolve slightly and OD as well. wat we got was kanye west not the cannibus some guys were expectin.
as far as am concerned wat we got was the work of a confident artist who went into his studio to have fun cos he belives he had nothing to prove. in so doing he has carefully evaded bein dragged into the unendin arguement about whose naijas best rapper is.
you guys should loosen up and have a little fun and in quoting joker from dark knight, y u all so seerriiooouuussss!!!!!
and by the way Ice prince' verse on track one was mmaaadddd!

Abagworo:

jesse jagz's album is great.''my own humble opinion''.track 1 is fire!.he also has a couple of good tracks.i'll score him 7 out of ten.y'all should expect same from ''drake''.its no longer fanciful making an all rap album.even eminems latest single ''not afraid'' is 40 percent singing.also expect eminem,diddy and game to sing.we all know of kanye's and snoop dogg's.

yoji:

just left his album signing party. he performed a bloody track as his intro which was not in the album. i feel cheated. d guy is good o!

Chuks84:

I have just listened to the album, and I've gotta say, the guy try. I wont say the album is great, but its really good, his only offense is that he tried to do too many things at once. He is a good rapper but a mediocre singer, I think he needs to stick to rapping and he should avoid "over rhyming". I really like greatest, l-o-v-e u (i'm a fan of brym o), intoxicated, Jargo was da bomb too. as for tracks like kitty cat, well, i guess every genius can be excused a moment of madness. that being said, all the beats were tight. thumbs of to jagz, he can only get better, I have a feeling he'll eventually outshine M.I. and yes, "nobody test me" was da bomb,

Propaganda!
Re: Jessy Jagz-worth The Wait? by shotster50(m): 1:22am On May 09, 2010
baba u don come again, which one come be propaganda! Just say you no like am ,
Re: Jessy Jagz-worth The Wait? by DBR: 7:01pm On May 13, 2010
Ok, im wearing bosom plate and holdin up ma shield~~
cos i think im bout to get stoned by y'all.
Just listened to JOAT and~~errrmmm,  i ~~
i~~~ well~~~ i like~~ it! Yes i like it!
Does that make me a blonde hiphop dude?

Any1 that says Jagz is wack is wacker than wack.
Lyrically dude came more intelligently than some rappers.
Delivery is nice.
Diversity he's in. .if u sensitive enuff u'l kno he just xperimentin and havin fun.
Production, top notch!!
Ok he sang>but from the creative direction he's takin it's xpected
Tho it aint a classic, but c'mon guyz this album ain t wack.
It aint even a bad album, it aint just a classic that's all.
No hype Jagz will sun M.i ooo. Jagz is d reason M.i can brag and fite o,.and thats word.
I rate pple by where their head is at, i kno where the Jag's is so that sums it.

oNe
Re: Jessy Jagz-worth The Wait? by temple(m): 7:39am On May 14, 2010
i am currently listening to the track Number one, the dude good and the album aint bad, feeling it a lot
Re: Jessy Jagz-worth The Wait? by shadyBaba: 3:36pm On May 14, 2010
i heard most of the sungz b4 the album was releas'd and the ones i heard earlier lyk, my brother, wetin dey, pump it up and bend down low were good, then came the greatest, managable, then jesse swag, didn't lyk it that much, havn't taken tym to listen but the one with munachi was ok, sort of, he didn't do as well as i expected, bottomline!!!
Re: Jessy Jagz-worth The Wait? by Krayola(m): 6:55pm On May 14, 2010
Abeg make person upload the jams make I hear nah. . .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bracket - Temperature (Inene) [NEW SONG] / Defining The Different Genres Of Music / Charles Inojie - Na Dem Dey Rush Us [Funny Audio Refix]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.